AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-13, 12:31   Link #1181
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurers123 View Post
How do you access episode 4 in Playstation Network by the way? I've been searching it there for awhile and still no luck.
Not on there yet, but when you do, make sure you're searching the video store.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 14:37   Link #1182
DV04

Yeah, you have to look it under the video section. The video tab is at the top left and once you enter the page, go to the top right where there is a magnifying glass to search.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 22:03   Link #1183
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I have a translation of the first volume from my senior capstone course in college. Will it ever see the light of day? Maybe if a prolific and creative editor tackles it :P
i do want to read it haha
Old 2011-11-14, 17:16   Link #1184
helois

there were the "GN Cannon" and "Dragon's Fangs" in the Banshee in the novel? i don't remember those..
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 17:33   Link #1185
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by helois View Post
there were the "GN Cannon" and "Dragon's Fangs" in the Banshee in the novel? i don't remember those..
im pretty sure they only added those to make it look a little more different from the unicorn to give people a reason to buy the models :P
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 19:40   Link #1186
TypeR
Fate X Destiny

Just saw it. And as Deacon mentioned, the entire Dakar arc was just about a couple of minutes at the beginning of the show and that is it. Lots of dialogues indeed in this ep and the action goes to the Byarlant Custom.

So Syam was part of the "Terrorist Crew" that destroyed Laplace along with themselves except for him. But was that so called "Terrorist Crew" staged by the Earth Federation? What exactly was the point of it because a lot of people still migrated to space colonies...?

Not too sure about this, read it on the wiki/wikia as not much info on Syam was given in the animation.
Old 2011-11-15, 05:39   Link #1187
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
Just saw it. And as Deacon mentioned, the entire Dakar arc was just about a couple of minutes at the beginning of the show and that is it. Lots of dialogues indeed in this ep and the action goes to the Byarlant Custom.

So Syam was part of the "Terrorist Crew" that destroyed Laplace along with themselves except for him. But was that so called "Terrorist Crew" staged by the Earth Federation? What exactly was the point of it because a lot of people still migrated to space colonies...?

Not too sure about this, read it on the wiki/wikia as not much info on Syam was given in the animation.
Yeah Syam was part of a team sent by conservatives in the EF to disrupt the prime minister's speech, as they want to prevent him from giving the spacenoids independence and thus lose their political power.

The point was to preserve the EF's stranglehold over the space colonies, by not granting them full autonomy.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 20:35   Link #1188
PzIVf3

Is this the original Banshee weapons from the novel?

I see many people frustrated over the humiliated failure Zeon raids. Yes I also too frustrated I seen enough of the endless Feddie battle victory. I was hoping that Marida obliterate the Torrington base with the Mega Beam cannon like from Tallgeese III. I only just speculating on the right hand armament.

Oh Wait a minute i think Marida must have brainwashed by unknown classified officials. I wonder who siding with?

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2011-11-16 at 20:52.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 09:12   Link #1189
bio9205
Reborn

Nope, if I'm not wrong the Banshee had the same weapons as Unicorn (in black) in the novel.

Speaking of the Banshee - does it have the same systems and features as the original Unicorn, sans the La+ program? Meaning, does it have the same mechanisms like the ability to control an opponents' psycommu funnels/bits, etc?

Last edited by bio9205; 2011-11-19 at 09:33.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 09:31   Link #1190
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

apparantly it does but it lacks the la+ program so it cnt find the box
Old 2011-11-20, 14:31   Link #1191
artquest7@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
It's far from trolling. If you have no idea what's happened in the novel, then it's easy to have that sort of outlook on the idea.

Take episode one for example. We have zero background as to why Syam is there in the first place or what the hell is going on. Here's an excerpt from the novel:

So here you pretty much learn part of the geopolitical problem that's taking place on Earth. You learn that Syam's father joined a guerrilla resistance movement and was imprisoned, so Syam took over the family business. Eventually the Federation drove him and his family off the land (they lived on a plateau) with little compensation, thus forcing his mother and younger sister to live in an environment where air pollution was quite bad.

Also missing is information relevant to the giant slab you see floating in episode one... information that was peppered throughout the Prime Ministers speech (which is quite long compared to what we saw).

Couple that with a complete arc upheaval in this latest episode. The entire thing took place in Dakar with Banagher and Loni having a more heart to heart, coupled with the fact that she tried stopping her father, who was the madman, not her.

While yes, I suppose I am a little biased watching this series, it can't really be helped given the fact that I followed it from the beginning and was quite pleased that it was being animated. No they can't include everything, but I'm not sure why they axed what they did. If they try having Syam wrap it all up in the end I don't think it'll work all that well.
I thought unicorn was really good so far. I'm both glad and annoyed that the book is even better. Glad because what you posted is really awesome info and deeper then most things made for today's audience.

I really do wish they would have added more into this OVA but like you said they can't include everything. I'm still hoping that maybe they shifted the location of the info you posted and that they still put it in.

I think perhaps they are trying to make the OVA more assessable to appeal to the masses. As much as I love good political drama and back story I guess most people find that boring these days? (Someone I knew once told me batman begins was boring because it had too much talking... which saddened me immensely.)

That said... Unicorn is still the best animated gundam we've seen in awhile. (Was getting sick of gundam in general until unicorn came along.) Hopefully the origin animated will be good as well.
artquest7@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 01:32   Link #1192
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

The thing that i like about the episode ( Yes other than MS fighting and blowing each other up ) the perspectives of the civilians ( in the cafe Where Audry and the bartender talked) that are caught in middle of a pointless war.

To Zeon/Neo Neon their so called twisted cause for freedom that they're so willingly to take the lives and freedom others

To the Federation willingness to "protect" a corrupt and inept officials that only want control and has a lot of vested interest
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 05:27   Link #1193
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
The thing that i like about the episode ( Yes other than MS fighting and blowing each other up ) the perspectives of the civilians ( in the cafe Where Audry and the bartender talked) that are caught in middle of a pointless war.

To Zeon/Neo Neon their so called twisted cause for freedom that they're so willingly to take the lives and freedom others

To the Federation willingness to "protect" a corrupt and inept officials that only want control and has a lot of vested interest
The diner scene was particularly well-done.
Old 2011-11-21, 06:47   Link #1194
bio9205
Reborn

With all the talk on the novels - is there any way we Internet users can read translated versions of them? I'd love to read up on the original story.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 07:08   Link #1195
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
With all the talk on the novels - is there any way we Internet users can read translated versions of them? I'd love to read up on the original story.
I think there is. But nobody has really translated them at all, at least not the whole novels.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 22:22   Link #1196
PzIVf3

Spoiler for Banshee:

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2011-11-24 at 22:41.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 09:19   Link #1197
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

is there a hi-res image of the red unicorn insignia on the unicorn? if so can someone post it?
Old 2011-11-25, 20:01   Link #1198
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for Banshee:
WICKED!! Banshee has red eyes!! the weapons for this thing is cooler than the Unicorn's
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 21:52   Link #1199
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Its weapon doesn't like UC-ish though
Old 2011-11-25, 22:20   Link #1200
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Its weapon doesn't like UC-ish though
What exactly is a UC weapon supposed to look like?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote