AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-21, 15:22   Link #9841
Gravitas Free Zone

Time to vent about pubbies: Game is El Halluf standard, Tier 8 top. Start on west. We already have a Marder/Luchs platoon that didn't know about matchmaking. In the first fifteen seconds we can see the other team's fast mediums (Type 59, T-34-2, Panther II, Panther/M10, and a few more things that I didn't get to identify) rushing across.

Our heavies, which are only up to the D row... do not stop. They rush to the A3 hill and sit there.

Predictably, the four of us who try to defend the base are completely overrun.

While I'm angrily spectating, I see that our heavies are making a push up the ramp into the enemy base area. There's one T28 sitting there, versus six of our tanks. Not a single one of our tanks wants to be the first to crest and be shot.

Instead of raging any more at this abject failure of humanity, I just go to the garage, get in my E-25, and have a hilarious time on Redshire, of all places.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 15:59   Link #9842
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

got major debate with kraft since he say I should be more aggressive in T49.

I say no. i camp and got this
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 17:44   Link #9843
Blaat

I play the T49 in a similar way as you RRW, first is the sniper phase and when there is only a few tanks left with usually low hp I get aggressive and finish them off. I play the Hellcat in the exact same way.
Old 2013-09-21, 17:55   Link #9844
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm pretty aggressive in the T49 and if you can get into a good position early in the game it can be a real nightmare for the other team to deal with and in some cases your sole presence can be a game changer especially if your paired with another TD.

Me and Blaat have run a T49 pair a number of times in the past and the fast rof + decent gun make mince meat of pretty much everything.

I've generally found that if you hold back you run the risk of your team all dying often because of your lack of contribution, leaving you to deal with groups of enemies on your own where as if you storm to the front lines and found a good position you could stall the enemy by splitting their attention between you and your advancing team.

Obviously it doesn't always work but I tend to have better games when I throw caution to the wind.

Edit: thinking of picking the D:max when its half price, does anyone else have it ?

Last edited by Drake; 2013-09-21 at 18:20.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 20:24   Link #9845
Gravitas Free Zone

Some months ago I purchased a Dicker Max and used it for 59 games, getting the StuG and Hetz crews to complete their first skills and generally driving myself crazy with how risky and dangerous it was to use a slow, open-topped casemate TD. So I got rid of it.

I picked it up again because of the sale, because... I've gone mad. Mad, I tell you.

Anyway, perhaps I've learned something in the intervening time. Or bad players are numerous. It's difficult to tell.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Speaking of things called Dick, my game keeps losing my censor filter settings. Is this a known bug or is it a problem with a mod?
Old 2013-09-21, 20:56   Link #9846
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Speaking of things called Dick, my game keeps losing my censor filter settings. Is this a known bug or is it a problem with a mod?
It's been that way since the patch. You have to deactivate the filter manually twice everytime you log in.
Old 2013-09-21, 21:40   Link #9847
Gravitas Free Zone

It seemed so persistent that I started thinking that it was a mod bug instead of a regular old WG goofup.

Also, know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to run: Got a Sniper and Top Gun in the Matilda IV (32 shots, 32 hits, 26 penetrations, which is a freakin' holy miracle), and that completed the 50K XP mission. Overal WR is up 0.05% to 55.59%, performance numbers all in the green.

TIME TO STOP THIS SESSION.

Images

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-09-21 at 21:54.
Old 2013-09-21, 22:09   Link #9848
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I play the T49 in a similar way as you RRW, first is the sniper phase and when there is only a few tanks left with usually low hp I get aggressive and finish them off. I play the Hellcat in the exact same way.
I play hellcat slightly agresive. Alpha plus good market allow me to hulldown easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'm pretty aggressive in the T49 and if you can get into a good position early in the game it can be a real nightmare for the other team to deal with and in some cases your sole presence can be a game changer especially if your paired with another TD.

Me and Blaat have run a T49 pair a number of times in the past and the fast rof + decent gun make mince meat of pretty much everything.

I've generally found that if you hold back you run the risk of your team all dying often because of your lack of contribution, leaving you to deal with groups of enemies on your own where as if you storm to the front lines and found a good position you could stall the enemy by splitting their attention between you and your advancing team.

Obviously it doesn't always work but I tend to have better games when I throw caution to the wind.

Edit: thinking of picking the D:max when its half price, does anyone else have it ?
There is too much risk play t49 agresive. Especially when you force too meet deep gun.

But it really map dependent. Depending on the map. Some secret spot is more agresive than other

Old 2013-09-21, 22:14   Link #9849
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

T49 can be an awesome supporter or hunter-killer; I had a match last night where a T49 and my KV-1 were practically carrying the team. In fact, that T49 did 1412 points on damage, just ten points less than I did.

Victory!, KV-1, Sand River, 9/22/13 6:29 AM: 1,637 nXP, 1,422 dmg

Images

Between us, we got 11 kills (7:4 me:him) and did the most damage. I very nearly got Radley-Walters, but meh, Top Gun is fine too. That was a pretty good match, all things considered.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 22:27   Link #9850
Gravitas Free Zone

Rushing out with the M8A1, T49, or Hellcat to an early firing position can be effective, but it's very map- and team-dependent. I'd also be very reluctant to use any of them as a fake scout unless the situation absolutely required it, simply because they're worth more alive as a gun platform than sticking their necks out (plus the risk of being nailed by some guy in the enemy's back line).

My M8A1 and T49 experience so far has also shown that they can be effective just roaming around in my own team's back lines, going to whatever area of the engagement needs a bit more firepower before running off. At the very least that really keeps people guessing as to where I might be.

Alternatively, this is another benefit of the Jackson, in addition to its substantially-higher ammunition capacity: It's too slow to rush off into trouble. (It's also a bit too slow to run away from trouble...)

...and like I said about the Dicker Max above: "...how risky and dangerous it was to use a slow, open-topped casemate TD."

Like the wiki says, you absolutely have to stay hidden with the DMax. It has very low HP for Tier 6, not a huge gun traverse, not a very good track traverse, not very good speed, an open top, very low ammunition reserves... What it does have is a high-alpha gun and so much gun depression that the breech sticks out over the edge of the gun shield when it is pushed all the way down. Almost any bump can be your friend.

Still, practically anything can kill you, and if you do get exposed in the open while trying to shift positions, it'll burn easily, get perforated by machine guns, etc.

High risk, potentially high reward.

I was using camo (net and paint), binos, and a rammer.

Replay of that game above.
Old 2013-09-22, 01:44   Link #9851
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
The lack of usable gun mantlet on my Indien-Panzer is very frustrating. I keep trying to play every tank like I play my T29 or my Hellcat and its not working

Also for like the last 4000 or so matches on my record my average exp has been going up and my win rate has been going down. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 03:17   Link #9852
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Oh god the Panzer III/IV. It's such a tollacious tank. I will never sell it.

Had a match a few minutes ago, where despite being a player of below average skill, I actually managed to fight my way through this blocking position of Stug, Hetzer, M3 Lee and M5 Stuart, with some help from team. I'm still kinda surprised that it happened the way it did.

If not for an opportunistic T-34 on the enemy team, I coulda gotten top gun. On the other hand, I've been that opportunistic T-34, so I suppose I can't complain. Much.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-22, 03:20   Link #9853
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

3/4 have too much ammo. It also closest thing you get for med t49. Except lack of turn drepession orz

Old 2013-09-22, 04:01   Link #9854
Sumeragi
Banned

Pz.Kpfw. III/IV is probably the only medium now that can run circles around SU-122-44 and completely tease it to death.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 04:52   Link #9855
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Bought a T-28 and Alecto two days ago, with the T-28 I can say it is hell to start off because of it`s stock while the Alecto`s stock is decent for me.

Yep, I managed to kill a Churchill using Alecto by shooting it at the sides(Well I think the player did not detected me and exposed the weak sides which is a bad move)

Literally during my first game with that MT, the stock is not very effective at all as the wiki says it!

Right now, I almost have everything for that 'easy-to-kill' MT[I mean the good modules](except the 57mm ZiS-4) and I got no mods installed.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 05:35   Link #9856
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Yeah, part of the reason I had less pain in the T-28 was because I'd already unlocked the Zis-4 on the T-34, so it was a matter of plunk the gun on and go to work. Pretty zippy fun, actually. Damn thing's made of cardboard and can't bounce the way the T-34 can, but it's pretty good.

This weekend event is such love for the Panzer III/IV. Truly, it was worth getting this tank. The VK 30.01 (H) may not quite be worth all that time and effort, but the III/IV sure is! And the VK 30.02 (M) isa good solid medium tank. At tier, stock, t perfrms decently. Facing higher tiers... Well, I'll probably need the second turret (which is pretty bouncy from what I've heard) and top engine.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-22, 07:45   Link #9857
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 08:01   Link #9858
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Lolz, for a moment I thought they are going to replicate that "climbing the Maul" scene .
Old 2013-09-22, 08:05   Link #9859
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm impressed at how they managed to recreate some of those formation shots... and there may or may not be something wrong with me if I can identify the maps from those shots lol.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-22, 08:21   Link #9860
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I'm impressed at how they managed to recreate some of those formation shots... and there may or may not be something wrong with me if I can identify the maps from those shots lol.
Nothing wrong with that, in fact if you can't identify the maps then you haven't been playing the game enough

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks