Notices

Old 2013-12-02, 17:53   Link #2321
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

C-plays events I've been to this year,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEO0wCcwONE - Acen - 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iybGwML9eE - MegaCon - 2013

Last year in California,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYUM3s-atVE - Anime expo - 2012, First time I ever went to LA was for an c-play event.
Old 2013-12-03, 03:46   Link #2322
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
My favorite comment:
Quote:
I love this show but I get the feeling this is what you get when you give an animation studio to a bunch of 15 year old boys.
Old 2013-12-03, 13:39   Link #2323
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
A photo I took of my girlfriend as Taiga from Toradora at a recent event:
Spoiler for photo:
I have to say I am jealous how well she does it , lovely cosplay of Taiga.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 08:18   Link #2324
sa547
*Author

Tomorrow's Animax event at Trinoma cancelled due to sympathy towards typhoon victims.

I felt like I was thrown a bucket of water.
Old 2013-12-12, 22:25   Link #2325
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Images
Touma Kazusa
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-12-22, 23:42   Link #2326
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
I'm back again with photo from comic fiesta 2013 at KLCC this time,with minus only.
http://minus.com/mFgQzTfrDWK7
http://minus.com/monsRSknYMSEl
Old 2013-12-23, 00:54   Link #2327
HasuMasu
*Artist

I never expected to see Medabee again.
Old 2013-12-23, 07:59   Link #2328
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Rikimtasu, awesome photos, all of the cosplays were great, I especially loved the Rozen Maiden cosplays. ^_^
Old 2013-12-26, 06:55   Link #2329
Liddo-kun
is this so?

The 8th Christmas Toys and Collectibles Fair 2013

This anime convention was held last Dec. 15, at Megatrade Hall 1 of SM Megamall. As the name implies, the main theme of this convention is the selling of various items. I have more merchandise pics than usual this time. You might find something that you've been looking for, if you attend and then take the time to inspect the stores in this con.

Without any further delay, here are the pics:

5th Floor SM Megamall

First cosplayer that we met is Bea cosplaying as Tomochin. And on each side of her is my friend Sarah (costrip), and my friend Michelle cosplaying as Roromiya.

Michelle and Sarah went away for awhile to fix their wigs a bit. While waiting for them I met another friend.

Tifa Lockheart cosplay by Sabrina Mae. After we've taken the shots, she showed to me the Final Fantasy pic where she copied Tifa's fighting pose. And I think she copied it fairly well.

. . . .

Ok, Mich and Sarah are back. Next cosplayer that we met is Sachi

Lucy from Fairy Tale.

We now decided to walk around for awhile before going inside the Megatrade Hall. Current time is a little past 1 pm.

Nanami Haruka cosplay by Florilyn. We saw her near the elevator.

Two Shingeki cosplayers, Chari as Armin and Aura as Sasha

Fighting titans should be started at a young age. Ok, just kidding. She's the youngest SnK cosplayer that I've seen. Beside her is also a young cosplayer with a horse head staff - can anyone identify the cosplay?

Keep moving on. Next person that we saw is my friend Allysa, cosplaying as Mayu. She told me that her character is a yandere. That's why she has an axe with ribbon. O_O

Saw the girl with horse again.

Ok, time to go inside the Megatrade Hall to see what they're selling there.

Megatrade Hall 1

It's a pleasant feeling going inside, everyone seems to be in happy mood.

First cosplayer that we saw inside is Hayley. Cosplaying as Maria Kurenai from Vampire Knight. Area where we found her is a bit crowded, but she did a good pose even though we only had a short time to take the shot.

Let's now take a look at the shops and items. After all, this is an anime convention for items.

Cosmic Bytes Cosplay Shop

Wasabi Toys

Hodge Podge Bottlecap Accessories

. .

Honestly, there's so many shops I can't remember all. Ok, let's explore a little bit more inside.

A cute bear bonnet. :3

These can help you sleep better?

Wallets. ^^

Jake the dog notepad. XD

Various figures

Keychains?

Minions

Cotton Candy Shirts

And passing by one of the shops. I saw another friend. Jovelle, she's doing a costrip. She's almost always a booth girl when I see her. A hard working person.

Found a Yoshino mug. I bought it without any second thought. And gomen. I forgot this shop's name. >< They sell nice items from Date a Live.

Dangos

Mazinger Z

More figures

Mini dakimakura. Do you want to take home one? They're cheaper than the regular sized dakimakura.

Hats

Kuma wallets

Cars and Bratz

There's an item auction going on at the stage.

- Figures on display, these are not for sale. -

Personally, I liked the figure of Kobato-chan, and the girl with butterfly wings.

. . . . .

Batman and Superman

Super Heroines from DC.

- Back to looking at items that are for sale. -

A big discount

Scooby snacks and more cars

More Minion toys

Pins

Pillows, you can stick your hand inside the whale's mouth and square Pooh bear is funny. ^^

Well, that's it for our viewing of products. There's actually more, but I can't put them all on this writeup.

Met the girl with horse staff for the last time near the exit of Megatrade Hall 1. At this point I asked her mom what cosplay her daughter is doing. Unfortunately, I forgot to write down on my mini notebook. Sorry. ><

It's now about 4 pm in the afternoon, and we've already fully explored the inside of Megatrade hall 1. Decided to go out for a bit, since there are more cosplayers outside than inside.

Hallway of 5th floor

One Piece

These guys say that some of them are cosplaying as soldiers from Resident Evil. There's another game that they're cosplaying, but I can't remember.

Met Ryoanne (long yellow wig), she's a friend whom I've met on a previous convention. And Ryoanne's companion is Nana, cosplaying as Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata. Smile for a group pic.

Rikka (Chuunibyou) cosplay by Kei, Karin (Naruto) cosplay by Neji, and Princess as Juvia from Fairy Tail. These three cosplayers are sisters. ",)

. .

We also met some samurai.

It's now about 5 pm in the afternoon. Moving along I saw someone with purple wig. Just as I thought it's Djonielyn, a friend. It's somehow easy to see people that I know in this con. ^^ She's a member of Love Tierra, a dance group that performed at Tagcom 2013 (video not taken by me) last April this year.

Using a spoiler tag because it's a video from a previous convention.

Spoiler:

. .

Back inside Megatrade Hall 1

Some nice gundam displays. Fragile, no touching.

. .

But then we realized that we're a little hungry.. so go back out again.

Hallway of 5th floor.

Just as we got out, I saw friends again. This time it's Tiffany cosplaying as Arin from Sukatto no Golf Pangya. The Kagamine Len cosplayer beside her is her sister.

. .

Haruna as Lenalee from D-Gray Man, Ame as Kazumi, and Mika Kuroneko cosplaying as Klarinette

Camille, as.. Santa! She gave us candies. Thanks Santa.

Saw Hayley again, the Vampire Knight cosplayer that we saw inside. Like us, she also seems tired. But still up for a pic. :3

Back inside Megatrade Hall 1

Sarah took off her wig. So we went back inside to look for a head accessory. Eating can wait a bit more.

Saw another Sasha inside.

And we also saw a Ririchiyo

Got the head accessory, so it's time to eat. ^^

Hallway of 5th floor

Anne as female England and Ira as Homura.

Before going down the 4th floor, we found the Man of Steel. Superman seems to be the main character for this convention. There are superman videos playing continuously inside the Megatrade Hall. Hmm, we asked him why he's so far from the other cosplayers. He answered that it's too hot in the crowded areas.

. . .

Lala as Archbishop from Ragnarok Online

Hallway of 4th floor

Rinko cosplaying as Yuno from Mirai Nikki. Plenty of fake blood. O_O

. .

And we finally reached our destination, Tokyo Tokyo.

Itadakimasu (let's eat). Pork Tonkatsu and Beef Misono + small bowls of miso soup as the main meal. Chocolate Sensation for dessert. ^-^

. .

Gochisousama (thanks for the food). Feeling full.

We are now recharged. Time to go back up to 5th floor.

5th Floor Hallway

Tall korean cosplayer. Wasn't able to ask her name, because there are too many people taking pics of her. I will edit this post if I find out.

Well, it's now evening. So we decided to go back one last time to look at the shops inside.

Megatrade Hall 1

Pauline as Ciel Phantomhive

This is the screen that shows Superman videos.

Hallway of 5th Floor

Some last shots before we go back to the car.

Love Live cosplayers. Rei as Nico Yazawa, and Tsubaki as Rin Hoshizora.

Kuroko no Basuke cosplay by Celty.

And last pic for Toyfair. This has been a fine day. Happy memories. ",)

Goodbye 8th Christmas Toyfair. Hoping to visit again next year.

Pics taken after getting home:

The Toyfair staff would stamp this red ink on your arm once you present a ticket. It came off after I washed with soap and water.

Date a Live mouse pad and pouch. And the animal wallet - can't resist not to buy one.

Yoshino mug.

Well, that's all. Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas. My next writeup would probably be about the Ozine convention happening on the 29th of Dec. ",)

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-01-06 at 16:37.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 19:44   Link #2330
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Good write up once again, Liddo-Kun. : )

Lots of good cosplayers and many cute female cosplayers. I thought it was neat how three sisters cosplayed together at the event. Interesting that Superman was one of the themes of the event. Interesting to see a decent bit of western comic book merchandise, too (and the Jake the dog merchandise, too. XD)
Old 2013-12-27, 00:25   Link #2331
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

As always, great report Liddo-kun, and excellent cosplays.

The girl with the horse head's cosplay is from the game Alice: The Madness Returns, and the cosplay is Alice's 'Royal Suit', which is a costume based on the Queen of Hearts; I'm pretty sure that it's a DLC, but I don't know for sure, as I haven't played the game.
Old 2013-12-27, 17:34   Link #2332
Lost Cause

As always, Liddo-kun is on top of the latest and best cosplay! Enjoyed all the pics and your hard work!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 08:41   Link #2333
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Urzu 7

Thanks. Of those 3 sisters, Princess is the first one that I met on a previous con months ago. I only saw the other two on this recent con.

It's a very "western" anime con. Superman and other dc figurines are on display. Various Jake the Dog merchandise - I've always wanted to try watching the show where he comes from. But someone at the convention spoiled me to the story. ><

And lastly, at around 3 pm the people on stage gave free stuffs to people cosplaying as dc comics characters.

@Palsa-san

Wow. Thanks for the help. She's a hard to identify character for me.

@Lost Cause

Glad you liked it, and thanks Linda. We are attending another convention tomorrow, and I'd share that one here as well.
Old 2013-12-28, 18:00   Link #2334
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So the show Jake the dog is from (Adventure Time) is a finished show, and someone spoiled how it ended for you?

I know it is a show from my country, but I don't follow it.
Old 2013-12-30, 03:30   Link #2335
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Can't really choose any favorite cosplayers, since everyone was great!
I like the mug you bought.
Old 2013-12-30, 19:22   Link #2336
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Urzu 7

Ah, not exactly how it ended. A cosplayer mentioned what seems to be a major part in the story about what Jake really is.
Anyway, I still intend to watch the show someday.

@Tsundere Louise

Thanks! Yoshino mug must be taken home. So I took it home (bought it) without a second thought. XD

Oh, and I've just finished attending the Ozine con last sunday. There's a certain cosplayer at Ozine that I'm almost certain you would like. ^^

For now, here's one more photo from Toyfair.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-01-06 at 16:39.
Old 2014-01-02, 21:44   Link #2337
Knightrunner

It's been a while since reading and watching Vampire Knight. Out of the group I like Hayley's cosplay. Is she cos-playing as Seiren?

As usually I see a lot of Titan cosplays

I like how Camille kept with the Xmas theme. I wish the other cosplayer each wear some Xmas theme hats.

It must be wonderful to see somebody from Love Tierra. They earn an extra fan since you added the youtube video Liddo.
Old 2014-01-04, 08:17   Link #2338
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Knightrunner

Thanks for the comment. I'd give Hayley (Vampire knight cosplayer) a link to your post saying a comment about her. And I'd also tell Djonielyn (Love Tierra member) about what you said.

Sorry, if I'm sometimes late at replying on this thread. I'm busy with real life work, a part time job, and in helping a friend get a costume ready.

EDIT: Hayley already saw your post. She's glad, and she said that the character thar she's cosplaying is Seiren.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-01-04 at 10:21.
Old 2014-01-09, 23:44   Link #2339
Knightrunner

I hope to see more pictures from your most recently convention Liddo
Old 2014-01-13, 11:43   Link #2340
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Ozine Fest Anime Figure Special

There really are plenty of anime conventions during December, here's one more. Ozine Fest Anime Figure Special was held last Dec 28-29 at SM Megamall Megatrade Hall 3. We attended the second day.

Without any further delay, here are the pics:

5th Floor of SM Megamall

First cosplayer that I took pic of is Pearl cosplaying as Roromiya from Inu X Boku, and Giezelle as SeeU from Vocaloid 3.

It is extremely crowded, plenty of people wanting to attend one more convention before the year ends? It's 2 pm in the afternoon, and I'm receiving text from some people. One of my friends is also borrowing my cellphone to text her friend. Buy busy situation. Let's keep going.

Next cosplayer is my friend Allysa, cosplaying as Mayu from Vocaloid. I'm late on our appointed time. Good thing I didn't get hacked with her axe. O_O. Just kidding with the axe ok. She's a nice person.

. .

Chibi Madoka

Found another friend. Evangeline with her Chii cosplay. Had to make the shots quick. The guards are strict in this area. The girl behind her who is holding a cp is Sabrina, also a friend - she cosplayed as Tifa last Toyfair.

. .

Went to the snack area. Not for the purpose of eating, but to escape from the crowded areas.

Date a Live cosplay by Rui Ackie

Claire cosplaying as Kuro usagi

Found another friend, Ryoanne as Elwing from Shining Tears.

And another friend found at the snack area. Aki Mori as Ririchiyo from Inu x Boku.

Received text message, so move on to another place. Found Chii-chan and Mary Grace after some walking. They're also my friends, Chii-chan is cosplaying as Kairi from Kingdom Hearts, and Mary Grace as Aqua. Cosplaying as game characters seems to be getting more popular. And thanks so much for the Christmas gift Chii-chan. ",)

Chii said that they moved to a less crowded area because her sister's ayes are going red from irritation. Really many people who attended this con.

. . .

And one more friend located. Tiffany as SeeU from Vocaloid 3. She's so tall. Looks like she has also moved away from the crowded areas, found her near the place where I saw Chii-chan.

. . . .

Unfortunately, we have to get back near the Megatrade hall 3 entrance. There are other people that we are supposed to meet. Ack, so crowded. If you are here, you would see the difficulties. Good thing we aren't carrying any large props with us this time. whoa.

Claudshin Matsuki cosplaying as a Siesta from Uminko. Hmm, this is rare. Didn't expect to see an Umineko cosplayer.

So crowded, but I tried to get near this cosplayer. Successful in getting near enough for shots. Ayuchi cosplaying as Kobato Hasegawa from Haganai. So cute.

Moving back to the entrance of Megatrade 3 (probably the most crowded area in the con). Saw another friend. Haruhi Chiisai cosplaying as Yuki Miku 2014. Quick shots because a guard could come any moment to shoo us away. The time is now past 3 pm in the afternoon.

. . .

And near the area where I found Haruhi, also found Krishea as Kurisu Makise and her companion Avegail Sunico in Shuffle uniform. Some more quick shots, because the guards have millitary dictatorship in this area. ^^

Also at this point of the day, a cosplayer with yellow green wig, and green costume talked to me like she's someone that I know - unfortunately I was not able to ask her name. She might have said who she is, but I did not hear properly because of the noise from the crowd. Up to this time, I haven't known who that person is. Wig and costume is a good disguise sometimes. @_@

Gumi cosplay by Clarice

We are currently near the side of the ticket booth. Hoping the guards won't tell us to go away. Because this is a good area to meet some people that I'm waiting for. And they arrived..

My friends Donna as Yui (she has an orange XD), and Clarence as Mio from K-On. Glad that we were able to meet here. They are friends that I haven't seen for a long time.

Rikka Takanashi cosplay by Bernadeth

Bought ticket, we are now able to go inside the megatrade hall.

Megatrade Hall 3

First we visited Olive (blue hair), the friendly store owner at Hatah Hatah. She also sells harajuku items.

Then we headed to Vogue Royal Cosplay store, because one of my friends needs a new pair of stockings. The nice person who talked to us is Mary Anne, have seen her cosplay as Saber in a previous convention. ",)

Ok, let's now explore a little inside the megatrade hall.

Chibi Nanoha and Fate

Asuna

Hello there. Plenty of stuffed toys in this store.

A really small camera. The pink wallet beside it approximately the size of a small hand. Now compare the size of the camrea to the wallet. I wonder if that camera can really take pics?

Square Pooh bear

Donuts, they won't make you fat because you can't eat them.

Jake the dog hat

Watched a performance on stage.

We now got out of the megatrade hall, and also down to the 4th floor.

4th Floor of SM Megamall

Here we encountered Zheil. I'm surprised, her costume is very similar to the student attire that the Love Tierra dance group used. Made me wonder if she's a member of the group.

We found a store that sells Mochi. Rest and relax here for awhile. An escape from the crowded 5th floor. My friends Karen (maid costume), Sarah (maid costume). and Mich (Roromiya).

. . .

Well, can't rest for very long. After all, we came to here to attend the convention.

5th Floor of SM Megamall

Kuroko no Basuke cosplay by Kim

Discovered something nice. Megatrade Hall 2 can be entered by those who bought tickets! This megatrade hall is empty and can be used by cosplayers to do photoshoots and relax. Cool and comfortable here. Time is 5:45 pm.

Megatrade Hall 2

Toradora cosplayers. Helen as Ami Kawashima and Rachelle as Taiga Aisaka.

. .

Len Kagamine cosplay by Aire

Miles cosplaying as Saber

Found a group of Vocaloid cosplayers. Sorry, due to being already tired. I was only able to ask the name of one of them. Miu is the one wearing the Loveward version (pink).

Grand Chase cosplay by Zhixtle

Found Kobato-chan again. She's also getting a good rest in this area. XD

The most chibi cosplayer that we found in this convention.

League of Legends cosplay by Ericka

Ok rest time is over. Time to go back to hall 3 for some last shots before going home.

Outside hall 3

Christmas version of Yuno? O_O

Megatrade Hall 3

It's now approximately 6:30 pm. Time to take some last pics for the day

Bittersweet Lulu cosplay by Ayreesh, and Lunar cosplaying as Perrine from Strike Witches. Hmm, now that's a really large candy cane.

Meg cosplaying as her doll. Got impressed by this one.

. . . .

Louise from Zero no Tsukaima. Cosplayed by Ayu.

. .

Figurines on display

There seems to be a cosplay competition on stage.

Saw Donna's group again. I asked where her orange went. She told me that it's now at the bottom of her bag, so she couldn't pose with it anymore. - but later when we talked at facebook after the convention, she found out that the orange was not in her bag at all, Clarence (Mio cosplayer) has it. Well expect the unexpected things with Mio. XD And the cosplayer with pink wig is Abe Gail, also one of my friends. She's cosplaying as a random schoolgirl.

. .

Kristelle cosplaying as Morgiana from Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic

At this point, I think someone mentioned if we should go and try the Ozine Maid Cafe? Well, I remember a friend from Ozine told me that the maid cafe has been improved, they now serve coffee and tea. However, I also remembered their quality of service at Otaku Expo Reloaded, so I'm a bit skeptical. I told everyone, that if they wanted to go in, then I'd follow them. However, it was decided that we should not go in anymore and just go home. Ok, maybe next time.

5th Floor of SM Megamall

It's now past 7 pm in the evening. But we couldn't go home yet, because Sarah is watching a performance on stage. Well, guess we should take some pics whi9le waiting.

Aria Kanzaki cosplay by Meowchii, and Reika cosplaying as Yuzuriha Inori.

Megatrade Hall 3

And the last pic for the day is Kotori's spirit form. Cosplay by Haru.

Goodbye to Ozine Anime Figure Special. This is the last convention for the year 2013. Hoping to visit again next year. It was a very tiring, but fun day.

Pics taken after getting home.

Otakuzine

Christmas gift from Chii-chan (it's the pink box). Thank you Chii.

Well, that's all. Thanks for reading. The next writeup will be about Otaku Expo 2014. ",)

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-01-14 at 23:38.

Tags
cosplay, photo