AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-26, 22:56   Link #481
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
Spoiler for Clarification of the Three characters:
Yep, and I think Ryukishi did the play on name with Erika to further emphasize that a character may look the same and have a similar name but they are definately different entities.

Spoiler for This was my favorite scene in ep5:
Old 2009-08-26, 23:05   Link #482
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Yep, and I think Ryukishi did the play on name with Erika to further emphasize that a character may look the same and have a similar name but they are definately different entities.

Spoiler for This was my favorite scene in ep5:
I can't wait for Yukari Tamura to do both!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-08-26, 23:28   Link #483
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
Spoiler for Clarification of the Three characters:
As far as I remember, that was Hanyuu's doings. And by doing this, Bern was born.
Old 2009-08-26, 23:53   Link #484
ameskitty
Kupo

HOLY CHEESE I FINISHED O_O. Even with college starting and stuff.

(the portion of the game I read with Rikaichan/Firefox took freaking forever, glad I added ATLAS for the endgame portion/tea parties XD)

Spoiler for entire game...seriously do not read if you haven't finished the game!!:
Old 2009-08-27, 00:22   Link #485
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Didn't have a summary yesterday due to exams but now I'm done lol. Apparently where I stopped it was just a short ways to the end.

Spoiler for Ep5 End Summary:

With that, Episode 5 comes to a close!

Spoiler for Episode 5 Tea Party Summary:

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-08-27 at 00:51.
Old 2009-08-27, 00:37   Link #486
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
* Oh my goodness poor poor Natsuhi. That scene where she was in the closet forcing herself not to cry almost made me cry, along with the scene where she finally has Krauss's death confirmed to her in red. Oh yeah, and just about everything on the gameboard after that. Ouch.
That was a very sad scene. God I hate Bern so much.

Spoiler for By the way, regarding the closet...:

Quote:
* ERIKA DIE. Ugh I hated her so much...and really she is a creep O_O. What kind of person tapes off/tags all the doors people enter, does chemical investigations on the door, and stays up all night listening to what's going on? I hope Battler kicks her ass in the next episode.
I know what you mean. Her level of lameness was over 9000.

Quote:
* DIE THE DEATH. O_O
Dlanor was a very respectable character.
She just happened to go crazy a few times.

Spoiler for DIE THE DEATH:
Old 2009-08-27, 02:54   Link #487
crimmy88

So by the end of ep 5 (including the tea party) Battler is dead? and what of Beato? @___@
Old 2009-08-27, 03:09   Link #488
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Piece Battler is alive. Meta Battler is alive.
Piece Beato has been denied (but can return). Meta Beato's whereabouts are unknown: she disappeared, but that doesn't mean she is "dead".
Old 2009-08-27, 03:11   Link #489
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmy88 View Post
So by the end of ep 5 (including the tea party) Battler is dead? and what of Beato? @___@
It's not over yet. Officially Ep5 proper ends like this, but this is not necessarily the case for the Tea Parties.

Spoiler for ??? Summaries:

Another summary here. Time for epic twist. The Witch of Gold arrives. (In Lambda's words anyway.)

Spoiler for Ep5 ??? Tea Party:

Edit - Also Fuck yes DreamEndDischarger and all of Beato's furniture at the counter-counter offensive shouting red and blue all over the place. I think my brain just exploded. Summary later when I edit this.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-08-27 at 04:53.
Old 2009-08-27, 05:19   Link #490
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Time for part one of the Question Tea Party Battle summary.

Spoiler for Ep5 ??? Tea Party summary.:
Old 2009-08-27, 06:48   Link #491
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Finally finished the game 2 days ago...and that with studying for the JLPT, choosing my courses in Germany next semester and getting to terms with the fact that it's my last month here in Japan for maybe well over a year *sigh*

But Episode 5 really was awesome...if not more awesome than expected.
Users from Germany can read my post on it on Digital Nippon...don't have it in me to write a full explenation on everything in English again.

The only thing I have to say is that I think Erika is an awesome character!!
She is so despicable that even my beloved wicked witch (E-B) pales compared to her.

To the Witch Hunt: Good Luck with the translation...is it just me or DID Ryukishis Kanjiskill go up another 1 or 2 points on the scale of horribility?
Sometimes I was asking myself if the words he brought up even existed...but well, who knows what his grades were in school...maybe he was a Kanji genius.
Old 2009-08-27, 16:37   Link #492
kite11

If Studio Deen screws this up for the second season or just really bad censorship... This is I think the best scene yet. Thanks for the summaries!
Old 2009-08-28, 00:46   Link #493
Used Can

I want to see Battler pulling that sword out of his chest a la X.
Old 2009-08-28, 02:09   Link #494
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Battler pulling out the Gold Sword from his chest to fight with will probably make women want to take of their panties.
Old 2009-08-28, 02:57   Link #495
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Battler pulling out the Gold Sword from his chest to fight with will probably make women want to take of their panties.
dur hur hur

Does anyone else find the ending almost cliche :/ Too much for my tastes. Seriously I like all the action, but can we get back to the mystery. Sheesh I thought EP 4 was an overload of fantasy, but EP 5 is close in the running.
Old 2009-08-28, 03:00   Link #496
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
dur hur hur

Does anyone else find the ending almost cliche :/ Too much for my tastes. Seriously I like all the action, but can we get back to the mystery. Sheesh I thought EP 4 was an overload of fantasy, but EP 5 is close in the running.
I don't really consider Umineko a typical mystery to begin with, even if it's supposed to be following the Knox Commandments. It'd be boring otherwise.

At this point, trying to deny the existence of magic is pointless, if you ask me.

Trying to find the truth, however...

Given Battler's stance at the end of this Ep I'm pretty sure we'll be back to mystery solving by Ep6, though.
Old 2009-08-28, 03:13   Link #497
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I don't really consider Umineko a typical mystery to begin with, even if it's supposed to be following the Knox Commandments. It'd be boring otherwise.

At this point, trying to deny the existence of magic is pointless, if you ask me.

Trying to find the truth, however...

Given Battler's stance at the end of this Ep I'm pretty sure we'll be back to mystery solving by Ep6, though.
True - EP 1's tea party and EP 2-4 cemented that it is no typical mystery quite clearly.

But yeah, it's obvious that magic exists on a certain level - the point is more to prove that magic wasn't involved in the murders, rather than magic doesn't exist in general.

Spoiler for EP 5:

I'm really hoping on some explanation about Battler's origin and more information about his family situation in general, come EP 6. Most of what we know is that:

1) Battler's birth mother is not Asumu.
2) Kyrie and Rudolf had an obvious affair before Asumu's death (and rudolf is a total pimp in general)
3) Battler was gone for six years and his leaving somehow triggered something, causing the Rokkenjima murders in 1986 and his sin.

What we don't know is:

1) How DID Asumu die anyway? We're told throughout the series that she died, but never how. I don't think she was murdered, since it might have been mentioned by now at least once, but to die a natural death seems very odd. Perhaps she had a pre-existing condition?
2) Who gave birth to Battler, if not Asumu? Rudolf is certainly the father, but who is the mother. Obvious idea that pops into one's mind is Kyrie, considering what we know about her having a miscarriage, but then again it almost seems too obvious.
3) How much does Rudolf know about this all? This episode implied that Rudolf knew about Asumu not being Battler's mother (which I never doubted, since the guy was married to her for 12 years, I'm sure he would have caught on to something) and wanted to tell Battler in EP 1 (the 'I'm doing to die' thing). Does he know about Natsuhi's mysterious caller too? I think Rudolf is a key part to this mystery, as he is the most likely the only character who knows the most about Battler's origins and his sin.
Old 2009-08-28, 03:20   Link #498
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Finally finished... this was a hell of a work considering low knowledge of this language... but at least I've learned a lot of new kanji.

So well I guess I'm gonna post my opinions on this episode, I don't think I can be brief though, so I'm expecting quite a lot of TL;DR reactions XD. Also don't jump on me if I didn't get something right, it is quite possible, simply correct me.

Spoiler for episode5 from start to end:

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-08-28 at 03:46.
Old 2009-08-28, 03:22   Link #499
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
*snip*
Actually.

Was it ever confirmed that Battler is indeed Rudolf's child?
Old 2009-08-28, 03:26   Link #500
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Hmmm, I think the red text just says that he is Kinzo's grandson. But I have a tendency to forget red-text.
Closed Thread