AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-20, 21:58   Link #2001
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well... I was hoping it'd be something more original, but that isn't really the point here.

Is this the first non-virgin main shonen heroine??

The slow build up and subtle hints lessened the impact, I think. But this is still rage inducing. Well, it could have been worse... *cough*Nasu*cough* so yeah.

And I think I'd be punching the wall if I was Utsumi, until my fist bled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
She can always make things like
Yuki x Utsu = good ending
Utsu x Someone = true ending
Yuki x Touru = bad ending

And stuff like that which happens in visual noves.
That is if she has "enough balls" to do that.
I think Yuki x Utsumi would be the true ending actually. In my experience, the good endings have always been better.
Old 2011-01-20, 22:10   Link #2002
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
She already threw a curveball with the NTR. That's why I think she's not afraid to push the boundaries and come up with an unconventional ending. I never read the oneshot, but was it a conclusive Yuki x Utsumi ending where they both became official?
Where's the NTR? A flashback where she had sex with Touru before even meeting Utsumi doesn't really count as NTR
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 22:11   Link #2003
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
...In my experience, the good endings have always been better.
Agreed. Life is full of disappointments. The occasional "fairy tale" ending from a story is often satisfying as compared to the angst ridden "real life" ending.

Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 22:14   Link #2004
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Where's the NTR? A flashback where she had sex with Touru before even meeting Utsumi doesn't really count as NTR
It gives you a similar feeling, but it is indeed not NTR. Because of the feeling, variation of jealousy, everyone goes straight to NTR.
Old 2011-01-20, 22:23   Link #2005
Xagzan

No use feeling jealous when it already happened before the main hero was even known to the girl.

That said, god DAMN it Utsumi. The girl spills her most painful secret, you don't just let her go when she needs your shoulder to cry on most. What an idiot.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 22:52   Link #2006
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
No use feeling jealous when it already happened before the main hero was even known to the girl.

That said, god DAMN it Utsumi. The girl spills her most painful secret, you don't just let her go when she needs your shoulder to cry on most. What an idiot.
To be fair to Utsumi, being fairly naive as he is, do you really think he'd be able to take a bomb like that and instantly know the right things to do? He's shaken up and not sure what to do now. Give the guy a break. I'd say his reaction is perfectly normal given the situation.

And I think the NTR the one poster was referring to was with Shou. I think the word gets overused, as well.
Old 2011-01-21, 00:42   Link #2007
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think Yuki x Utsumi would be the true ending actually. In my experience, the good endings have always been better.
A fixed Yuki with Utsumi is the ultimate good end. You know I am right. A true end would be something like Utsumi being unable to help Yuki, she moves away and Utsumi finds someone else.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 00:54   Link #2008
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Finally...I've been waiting since ch.11 for this revelation. Well, I didn't expect Touru to be a complete asshole. I pretty much expected that it wasn't rape, but just consensual sex, but I wasn't expecting Touru being behind the plot as well. Yuki's situation kinda reminds me of Suo, except she didn't get taped when/if she did it with her boyfriend.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 01:14   Link #2009
No Comment
A Comment

Send a message via AIM to No Comment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
A fixed Yuki with Utsumi is the ultimate good end. You know I am right. A true end would be something like Utsumi being unable to help Yuki, she moves away and Utsumi finds someone else.
Sundome
Old 2011-01-21, 01:22   Link #2010
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Finally...I've been waiting since ch.11 for this revelation. Well, I didn't expect Touru to be a complete asshole. I pretty much expected that it wasn't rape, but just consensual sex, but I wasn't expecting Touru being behind the plot as well. Yuki's situation kinda reminds me of Suo, except she didn't get taped when/if she did it with her boyfriend.
True he's made out to be an asshole but we still haven't seen him directly. The mangaka can always make him out to be misunderstood, or the "it started with a bet but then I actually fell in love with you" route ala the movie "She's all that" I mentioned before.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 01:23   Link #2011
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Comment View Post
Sundome
Necrophilia anyone?
Old 2011-01-21, 01:29   Link #2012
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
True he's made out to be an asshole but we still haven't seen him directly. The mangaka can always make him out to be misunderstood, or the "it started with a bet but then I actually fell in love with you" route ala the movie "She's all that" I mentioned before.
I don't think the author would want to go that route, and I doubt he actually had any real feelings for Yuki at all. He gave me the impression that he has been pressuring Yuki for quite some time now to have sex with him. Being the naive Yuki she was back then, he easily tricked her into consenting. I don't know how he can turn out to be misunderstood, but I've sure as hell don't want to see more of him.
Old 2011-01-21, 01:33   Link #2013
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

So Utsumi just "let go of her hands" after that revelation. WTH. He wanted Yuki to tell him in the first place and now he's chickening out. That's the time he should man up and hug Yuki or something. Oh men another "no balls" just like Haruto.
Old 2011-01-21, 01:35   Link #2014
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
I don't think the author would want to go that route, and I doubt he actually had any real feelings for Yuki at all. He gave me the impression that he has been pressuring Yuki for quite some time now to have sex with him. Being the naive Yuki she was back then, he easily tricked her into consenting. I don't know how he can turn out to be misunderstood, but I've sure as hell don't want to see more of him.
Don't forget he rushed to Yuki's house when he heard she returned. I think we're supposed to get the feeling that hes regretful of what took place. Somewhat like Shou's ex.
Old 2011-01-21, 01:45   Link #2015
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Don't forget he rushed to Yuki's house when he heard she returned. I think we're supposed to get the feeling that hes regretful of what took place. Somewhat like Shou's ex.
Sure, but that doesn't mean that he's misunderstood, nor that he didn't want to cause Yuki any harm. He's still the most guilty one of all for what he did. Even if he did regret it, I don't see anyway he can redeem himself IMO. Maybe he can turn himself to the police? I don't know under what crime it would fall under, though.

And then again, I can see Yuki forgiving him and move on with Utsumi, which might be the best option, I guess....
Old 2011-01-21, 01:49   Link #2016
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Shou's ex is a complete asshole. And a big bastard too. He doesn't deserve another chance. Torou on the other hand looked like a guy with raging hormones and bad choice of friends, whatever he regretted about or misunderstood, he has a big fault in Yuki's life. He's a coward too for running away on her when she needed him most.
Old 2011-01-21, 01:55   Link #2017
KLGChaos
The Shermain

The problem is, we don't know for sure Tooru was behind the plot-- all we have is the jerkface's words. Yuki never spoke to Tooru after that so we don't know his side of the story. He's still a jerk for using guilt for sex, but he may not have even been aware they were being taped. We won't know the full truth until Sasuga reveals both sides.
Old 2011-01-21, 02:03   Link #2018
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Sure, but that doesn't mean that he's misunderstood, nor that he didn't want to cause Yuki any harm. He's still the most guilty one of all for what he did. Even if he did regret it, I don't see anyway he can redeem himself IMO. Maybe he can turn himself to the police? I don't know under what crime it would fall under, though.

And then again, I can see Yuki forgiving him and move on with Utsumi, which might be the best option, I guess....
We still haven't heard directly from Touru, only his friends and Yuki's side. My bet is Touru and Yuki will meet at the festival and we'll hear his side of the story. My intuition is that he's going to say he didn't know about the tape and that the bet became irrelevant later. Us the audience may still consider him a jerk, but who knows what Yuki will think. For all we know, she still has lingering feelings for him somewhere deep down, and she just might go crawling back to him. I know of plenty of couples in real life where the BF treats his girl like complete crap, but she's still with him for some strange reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Shou's ex is a complete asshole. And a big bastard too. He doesn't deserve another chance. Torou on the other hand looked like a guy with raging hormones and bad choice of friends, whatever he regretted about or misunderstood, he has a big fault in Yuki's life. He's a coward too for running away on her when she needed him most.
Could very well be the case that he's not 100% evil like you said. Maybe its just bad friends who pressured him into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The problem is, we don't know for sure Tooru was behind the plot-- all we have is the jerkface's words. Yuki never spoke to Tooru after that so we don't know his side of the story. He's still a jerk for using guilt for sex, but he may not have even been aware they were being taped. We won't know the full truth until Sasuga reveals both sides.
Yea, this is my feelings on the case. Mangaka is still holding something back and I have a feeling Touru will inevitably redeem himself in some way, however little it may be.
Old 2011-01-21, 03:02   Link #2019
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I can't really see him being a good guy anymore. Sure we don't know his side of the story, but I find it unlikely he didn't know they were being taped. So he just happened to persuade her to have sex with him, happened to lead her to the storage room or whatever where a camera just happened to be installed? I don't think so.

Off topic, Tooru's hairstyle reminds me of the ones all weedy whiny types have,hoping that's not the case.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 03:02   Link #2020
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
He definitely isn't fine with it. In the way that he's unhappy that it happened to her. But I don't think her lack of virginity bothers her. I mean with Shou it did the opposite, it increased his jealousy to a point where he was going to have sex with her.
But it was also why he didnt have sex with her in the end as well. The scene popped in his head and he stopped. So it does bother him. Not the virginity but imagining her having sex with another guy.

Quote:
Shou moment was a pure 100% NTR though. People who say its not doesn't have an idea what NTR means in contemporary times.

Flashback can still be treated as NTR though it is far from being 100% NTR. For example in game if protagonists finds a person he likes having sex on tape in her past (usually she acts pretty slutty though) that can still be tagged as a NTR if main hero feels jealousy etc - all feelings that follow NTR. I know cause I am one that belongs on tagging teams on few sites. Before we had a lot of argues what NTR was but lately we settled a bit. Technically flashback of ones past is not NTR but practically it still can be tagged as one for generating the same felling in hero and reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
I can't really see him being a good guy anymore. Sure we don't know his side of the story, but I find it unlikely he didn't know they were being taped. So he just happened to persuade her to have sex with him, happened to lead her to the storage room or whatever where a camera just happened to be installed? I don't think so.
The friend could have recommended the place for him as a safe in school. Just like in my school if friend recommended safe spot on school were you can smoke a lot will follow. Nothing strange.

As for wanting have sex - he is teen and they may have pushed him into this by telling he has no balls.

Yuki too is stupid. Spreading her legs pretty fast and doing it on school grounds.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-01-21 at 03:21.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi