Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-03-04, 18:10   Link #3701
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
Anyone know the drawbacks of MG Freedom from Dalong's site? I'd like to know why it only got a 98. What caused it to lose the two points?
- Proportion: Looks rather skinny like Aile Strike
- Joints: As back heavy its ankle joints are not quite up to the task...
- Parts/Price ratio: 307 parts = 1000 yen per part. Rather expensive don't ya think?

these are the reason it got two points off... ^__^

Last edited by dj898; 2007-03-04 at 21:32.
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 19:14   Link #3702
philmein

Thanks Dj.
I'm surprised that wings weren't factored into the docking. I'm pretty sure that they were part of the problem.
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 19:48   Link #3703
Kittie Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
While I don't have the Zero Ver. Ka, I do have the Zero Custom (oddly enough, with me here in germany), and it's basically same frame with a bit of added armor here and there, and of course the wings. I do kinda like the Zero Ver. Ka, since that can transform, while my Zero Custom just looks like it can hide in a flock of doves

Dalong's site has pics of both, so if your into differences, you can check there. But for my opinion, I'd like to have the Zero Ver. Ka, I like transforming stuff
Dalong's site is in japanese and impossible to navigate :/
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 20:58   Link #3704
Fome

Dalong's site is in Korean, and is incredibly easy to navigated. I'm not Korean, and I could find everything I needed with ease. I have a feeling you're just not trying.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 21:30   Link #3705
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Yeah, Dalong's site is like....the most easiest, foreign language site to navigate (foreign for non-Koreans )

I mean, the english or whatever is english is self explanatory. MG is Master Grade, PG is perfect grade, so on and so forth. If you are a Gundam modeler that site has got to be as easy to navigate as if it was in plain english.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 21:35   Link #3706
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

dalong.net is bloody easy to navigate and now the preview images will all be replaced by thumbnails it'll be a lot quicker to load as well!

now if you want to join in dalong cafe well you do need to understand Korean as well as good enough excuse to get the invitation as they are bit selective when it comes to its membership... ^+++^
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 21:37   Link #3707
Kittie Rose

I dunno, it doesn't have the different names of the Gundams or what series.

I couldn't find a Turn-A Gundam anywhere. Anyone know where to get good pics?

Also, where's a good place to get a Turn-A online? Should I get the 1/144 or the 1/110? They look about the same. I'd rather wait for a mastergrade.

Also, which pilot does it come with, Loran and Laura? If it's Laura in her full dress and everything that'd be a really awesome teeny little figure and would look really cool. But Loran, he's not so cool looking.
Old 2007-03-04, 22:00   Link #3708
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Actually, Dalong has the option of converting the Korean menu into English. When you select which grade you want to look at (HGUC, MG, PG, SEED, SD, HY2M, Kotobukiya, etc...) just look at the upper part of the left sidebar. There's a link saying "English Menu". The main page for each section itself has a "English Catalog" link, which converts the page to have english names of the models, AND each model review page has the model name in English, not to mention that each new entry on the front page has english links. It's only the actual review notes themselves that's not in english.

Classification by series is a valid point, SEED however has its own section there, featuring kits from HG 1/144, 1/100 1/60's.

Dalong may not have every single kit there is, but they do have the largest and most extensive and up-to-date collection of MG and HGUC reviews out there, and it's easy to navigate.

For those waiting on those thumbnails, supposedly ALL of the reviews are expected to be completed within a week or so.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 23:13   Link #3709
sx3
0 Gundam

can soemone answer my question will they release the re-colour Hi-Nu?
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 23:47   Link #3710
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

That recolor, awesome as it is, is a custom. And since Hi-NU in Nu colors is not an official color scheme, then no, it will not get an official release.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-03-05, 10:13   Link #3711
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Actually, Dalong has the option of converting the Korean menu into English. When you select which grade you want to look at (HGUC, MG, PG, SEED, SD, HY2M, Kotobukiya, etc...) just look at the upper part of the left sidebar. There's a link saying "English Menu". The main page for each section itself has a "English Catalog" link, which converts the page to have english names of the models, AND each model review page has the model name in English, not to mention that each new entry on the front page has english links. It's only the actual review notes themselves that's not in english.

I think the problem was getting there lol, as of course the pictures are more than self explanatory if one can even get to the frame with the english menu.

Even till now I don't use the english menu (which to my knowledge came around early last year).

Anyways, I've been thinking about the 100th MG. Surely they would choose somethig they now would make a decent amount of return, and surely I would like a kit with alot of gimmicks or parts. Maybe by then they'd have the latest technology implemented in the latest released kits.

The only problem, what mobile suit can have all that
Old 2007-03-05, 10:30   Link #3712
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

That shouldn't be the case with Dalong; the various grades are right there in English, and it only takes takes a single click to get to the pages with the english translation parts. Unless you actually entered from a link to one of the reviews and not the home page itself ^^;;;

Old 2007-03-05, 10:39   Link #3713
philmein

Honestly, I would love an MG Epyon as a 100th release. Ofcourse, that'll never happen.

Epyon should've been made into a MG..blah..I love that Gundam..
Old 2007-03-05, 12:21   Link #3714
Kittie Rose

That's a very all or nothing attitude :P It's not as if obscure Gundam X HAS to be the 100th release or it won't get made.

A lot of people in the thread seem to be acting that way :P They can always make it later, they probably want their 100th one to be something new and special.

The Turn-A would make sense purely from the "anniversary" point of view but isn't that popular a design. The Ataksuki is gold! Maybe that will get an MG. Though it's 1/100 HG costs enough as it is.
Old 2007-03-05, 13:35   Link #3715
mangatron

They can always banana-ize the Akatsuki for a MG release to lower costs, but.....

Hmm, I like the idea of a Master Grade Psyco or Destroy, doesn't have to be 1/100 but a master grade one would be nice. Of course....if either gets 1/100'ed might as well make it Perfect Grade considering the inner frame and size
Old 2007-03-05, 13:48   Link #3716
GameraBaenre

Quote:
Originally Posted by sx3 View Post
can soemone answer my question will they release the re-colour Hi-Nu?
As stated, the Hi Nu colors are the Hi Nu colors. There are no variants that are known, with the exception of some of the first artist renditions and how it was presented in the book. Is it that difficult to actually paint a model? Seems a lot easier than waiting for a recolor doesn't it?
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 17:58   Link #3717
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
Honestly, I would love an MG Epyon as a 100th release. Ofcourse, that'll never happen.

Epyon should've been made into a MG..blah..I love that Gundam..

hmm...never thought of that also......
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 21:21   Link #3718
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Even better, I want an MG of the original Wing Gundam Zero. No Custom, no Ver Ka., nothing. Just the original Wing Zero from the TV version, complete with the proper Neo Bird Mode (the 1/100 HG one was weak potatoes) and an inner frame.
The original Wing Zero has long been one of my favourite transformable MS for a long time.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 22:40   Link #3719
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
Even better, I want an MG of the original Wing Gundam Zero. No Custom, no Ver Ka., nothing. Just the original Wing Zero from the TV version, complete with the proper Neo Bird Mode (the 1/100 HG one was weak potatoes) and an inner frame.
The original Wing Zero has long been one of my favourite transformable MS for a long time.
You do mean Zero unit right? Because if I remember the english dub well, there were 3 of the kind (Zero (1?), Wing Zero[first use of zero system] and Wing Zero Custom).

I kinda like that one too, the first re-entry scene was nice.
Old 2007-03-05, 22:54   Link #3720
philmein

Has anyone built the MG Hi-Nu yet? (I haven't started and won;t until finals end)
I was curious to know about it's size. Ofcourse, Dalong made a comparison in regards to others, but I want to know from you guys how big it is. From what I've seen at Dalong's, it seems a bit smaller than the Nu Gundam, and much larger than the RX-78 and a bit bigger (and wider) than the MG Strike Freedom.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy