AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

View Poll Results: Sora Kake - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 4 30.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 7.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-09, 12:21   Link #21
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by owq View Post
Sorry, but I fixed that for you.
It's more or less true for the Hime/Otome series but in lot of Sunrise show people die and stay dead (Victory Gundam aka the death flag for dummies ).
Old 2009-06-09, 14:22   Link #22
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Have people not realized that maybe Akiha's story has always been her getting to the point where she can be the definitive heroine? I mean that fact that even she admits early on that her sisters are all really talented and she thinks she isn't....she lacks confidence, but she'll get to the point where she gets to be the heroine and that will be her character arc coming to a close. We'll probably have to wait until near the end of the series to see that though.

And yes people do die in Sunrise series, they just love that fake out cliche for a cliffhanger for some reason and haven't realized that they've been overusing it.....especially recently. It's not just them though, a lot of mecha series are doing it. Though Imo is technically a robot so........
Old 2009-06-09, 14:37   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
They did right in killing it off but why the hell is the potato thing back again?
Akiha was angsty as expected but it is really hard to feel any sympathy for her...her trauma just wasn't done good enough imo and felt so forced onto the viewers.

Xanthippe got totally smashed which was another low point fo me...whaaaa ;_;

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-06-09, 15:03   Link #24
panpo98
Disabled By Request

Maybe Imo chan / potato head was downloaded into a new body.
The question is who saved Imo Chan and why?
It certainly wasn't the good guys.
Old 2009-06-09, 18:33   Link #25
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

Xanthippe got totally smashed which was another low point fo me...whaaaa ;_;
Xanthippe's a bitch anyway.
Old 2009-06-09, 19:30   Link #26
Farix

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
What happened to Leopard mirror before he attached himself to the new sword?
Look closely in the very first scene. Benkei now has them.
Old 2009-06-09, 19:59   Link #27
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
It's more or less true for the Hime/Otome series but in lot of Sunrise show people die and stay dead (Victory Gundam aka the death flag for dummies ).
Given it's from the team that did ~Hime it would have been odd if people stayed dead. If Emochan didn't start fighting I would have started calling her Shinji Shishidou.
Old 2009-06-09, 20:01   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by panpo98 View Post
Maybe Imo chan / potato head was downloaded into a new body.
The question is who saved Imo Chan and why?
It certainly wasn't the good guys.
Nerval?
Whatever the answer is, I'm pretty sure it will just be some plot device of a sudden power by someone... I don't see how she could have survived that explosion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Haha. Nobody, absolutely nobody dies in this show.
So far we have:
  • Isuki, shot by Nina. ---> No, it was staged.
  • Member of student council, body pierced through by a giant blade(?), --->(1 sec) Opps, he is just a Navi.
  • The elders, killed by Kagura ----> Kagura kissed them goodbye?
  • Tsusugi, died in the atmosphere of the sun ---> No, she is alive and kicking(literally).
  • Imo-chan, gloriously sacrificed herself in the collision with an anti-matter bomb. -----> Akiha cries --> Akiha cries some more ---> Akiha keeps crying --->Ok, oK, here is your Imo-chan! Now stop crying! ---> Imo-chan, yeah!!! Happy tears.
Random people brought in kill off Imo-chan and bring some forced drama and got killed off right after: "...How about us? Don't forget us~~..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The difference in reaction to opinions of characters... It's funnier seeing how you seem to be attempting to talk about this episode or replying to posts on this episode, but haven't watched the episode yourself.
More importantly...
(,,゚Д゚)y─┛Tch... Ran away after all, this fanboy... Couldn't find a way to reply, huh.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-06-10, 01:36   Link #29
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Nerval?
Whatever the answer is, I'm pretty sure it will just be some plot device of a sudden power by someone... I don't see how she could have survived that explosion.

Random people brought in kill off Imo-chan and bring some forced drama and got killed off right after: "...How about us? Don't forget us~~..."

The difference in reaction to opinions of characters... It's funnier seeing how you seem to be attempting to talk about this episode or replying to posts on this episode, but haven't watched the episode yourself.
More importantly...
(,,゚Д゚)y─┛Tch... Ran away after all, this fanboy... Couldn't find a way to reply, huh.
You're quite hard at work it seems. . I like how I'm apparently being driven away from commenting on this series by it's biggest basher and detractor now, and for a comment that is an obvious observation of something we've already known for a while. For all intents and purposes it looks very much like you are trying to turn this thread into the horror of bashing and catcalls of "bad writing" that is every single other Sunrise series sub-forum, despite the fact that this isn't even one of their popular ones nor is it even a super serious show that warrants instense scrutiny of every plot point.

Guess even something as low key as Sora Kake can't escape the trends of internet forums.
Old 2009-06-10, 02:45   Link #30
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
We'll probably have to wait until near the end of the series to see that though.
So that is how it is.

Palpatine mode on: Good... your hate has made you powerful. Now fulfill your destiny and take the dark side.

Back on topic, 26 episodes, characters development for the heroine in the last 3.5 episodes. That, my friend, is ridiculous writing. What was the criticism with the show again? Something to do with Akiha, something to do with Takane... Oh, oh, I get it: lack of character development in the rest of 22.5 episodes.

"Bad writting" is an opinion, not a fad.
Old 2009-06-10, 03:39   Link #31
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
So that is how it is.

Palpatine mode on: Good... your hate has made you powerful. Now fulfill your destiny and take the dark side.

Back on topic, 26 episodes, characters development for the heroine in the last 3.5 episodes. That, my friend, is ridiculous writing. What was the criticism with the show again? Something to do with Akiha, something to do with Takane... Oh, oh, I get it: lack of character development in the rest of 22.5 episodes.

"Bad writting" is an opinion, not a fad.
Okay are you just trying to bash now or do you just not understand the concept of character development at all? She's had character development throughout the whole damn show. Unless character development to you means being instantly awesome and impervious to all mental and physical challenges rather than actually having to go on a journey to discover her place in this world, meet new people, interact with them, struggle, overcome, and grow as a character. If you ask me it would be a pretty damn boring show if Akiha was just instantly awesome right off the bat and won the day by the end of the first episode. Whatever though, some people just like to whine and bash and scream, "bad writing" whenever something in a show doesn't go exactly as they would like it to or whenever they are denied instant gratification. Sad but true, but hardly the shows fault.

You understand this right? She actually has to grow into the role of being the "The Girl Who Leapt Through Space" and a heroine. I ask, was Simon ultra awesome right off the bat or did he have to learn from his aniki Kamina as well as Yoko and Nia how to be a hero? Was Domon Kashuu instantly able to overcome Master Asia or did he have to go on a training camp in the Guyana Highlands with the Shuffle Alliance so that they could all benefit from each others experience and better their skills? In both cases it was the later, because the former would have been boring and lacking in character development/growth.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-06-10 at 03:56.
Old 2009-06-10, 09:01   Link #32
Sixth
Hu Tao

I don't know but for a heroine that need more 20++ episode to develop and only show-off what she made of within 3 seconds is pretty much a phailure to me.

Most of the people died in SunRise series but not in Sora Kake series...Everyone live.
Old 2009-06-10, 10:36   Link #33
Miles Teg

We have (part of) the "mid-season" upgrade at episode 23

Honoka new QT-ARMS is called Proto-Arvak (the Arvak are the QT-ARMS used by the Existenz).
Itsuki new ride is the ARC-II-J1/R.
Old 2009-06-10, 10:42   Link #34
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

When you need funny stuff, there isn't any.

But it seems that Leopard has triggered an alter-ego of himself due to the QT-Rose with a blue eye, maybe his hidden form.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-06-10, 11:45   Link #35
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
You're quite hard at work it seems. . I like how I'm apparently being driven away from commenting on this series by it's biggest basher and detractor now, and for a comment that is an obvious observation of something we've already known for a while. For all intents and purposes it looks very much like you are trying to turn this thread into the horror of bashing and catcalls of "bad writing" that is every single other Sunrise series sub-forum, despite the fact that this isn't even one of their popular ones nor is it even a super serious show that warrants instense scrutiny of every plot point.

Guess even something as low key as Sora Kake can't escape the trends of internet forums.
Quote:
Okay are you just trying to bash now or do you just not understand the concept of character development at all? She's had character development throughout the whole damn show. Unless character development to you means being instantly awesome and impervious to all mental and physical challenges rather than actually having to go on a journey to discover her place in this world, meet new people, interact with them, struggle, overcome, and grow as a character. If you ask me it would be a pretty damn boring show if Akiha was just instantly awesome right off the bat and won the day by the end of the first episode. Whatever though, some people just like to whine and bash and scream, "bad writing" whenever something in a show doesn't go exactly as they would like it to or whenever they are denied instant gratification. Sad but true, but hardly the shows fault.

You understand this right? She actually has to grow into the role of being the "The Girl Who Leapt Through Space" and a heroine. I ask, was Simon ultra awesome right off the bat or did he have to learn from his aniki Kamina as well as Yoko and Nia how to be a hero? Was Domon Kashuu instantly able to overcome Master Asia or did he have to go on a training camp in the Guyana Highlands with the Shuffle Alliance so that they could all benefit from each others experience and better their skills? In both cases it was the later, because the former would have been boring and lacking in character development/growth.
...Haa... Dame da, koitsu... (----__----)/
Conversation isn't getting through to him. Read what I wrote (on the previous page) again... is all I can say. You clearly ignored everything or something.
Though I think you should stop whining over every negativ-... Nevermind.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-06-10, 14:29   Link #36
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I don't know but for a heroine that need more 20++ episode to develop and only show-off what she made of within 3 seconds is pretty much a phailure to me.

Most of the people died in SunRise series but not in Sora Kake series...Everyone live.
How much does she need to show off? I mean she's already survived all that's happened to her so far.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-06-10 at 14:39.
Old 2009-06-10, 23:59   Link #37
panpo98
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
When you need funny stuff, there isn't any.

But it seems that Leopard has triggered an alter-ego of himself due to the QT-Rose with a blue eye, maybe his hidden form.
I thought Neval finally got tired of Leopard and decided to replace him during an attack since the preview also showed them side by side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farix View Post
Look closely in the very first scene. Benkei now has them.
I totaly missed that Benkei now had Leopard's mirror and Leopard acted like he didn't need them. I aways thought was attached under and around his mirrors. I newer noticed they completely replaced them.
Old 2009-06-11, 03:59   Link #38
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Well then, now that I've seen the sub I can safely say this episode is about as good as it gets. It's the kind of episode where everything finally starts coming together and the tide starts to turn and you can sort of compare it to the Battle of Odessa from Mobile Suit Gundam in that regard. It's far from the final battle, but it's a significant victory and a turning point where everybody doest their part:

Spoiler for Making it happen:

So the music choices were great as usual, the character development and interaction was as good as it gets, the action was good, the plot progression was excellent, everybody had their little moment in the spotlight on both the episodic and serial level.....I really can't find anything wrong with this episode.

P.S: Is it just me or did Akiha's dream about Imo dying and the clothing she was dressed in tie into the new ending visuals? I was wondering what that was all about and I think I sort of get it now.
Old 2009-06-11, 07:15   Link #39
Miles Teg

What I have understood is that each of the Shishido sisters have a different power :

Kazane : The power to see through everything.
Takane : Battle strength (space ninja ).
Akiha : Wish.
Nami : Anti-QT.
Sakura : Genius intelligence.

Nerval has gone after Nami because she was the only sister available and he didn't know her power, but now he need Akiha because he has received the confirmation that Akiha is the real "girl who leaps through space".
Old 2009-06-11, 09:36   Link #40
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
EP23 thoughts?

Quote:
hehee, whatever. she just pissed me off sometimes. I mean that reminds me of Tomoe of Mai otome (Same VA)

Kaoshin sama you're the man.

IMO-CHAN'S ALIVE!!? I don't believe it but she's now under custody with that bastard Nerval (He will be stop once and for all soon)?

Damn, it's only 3 episodes to go I mean this show is all about FEELINGS like that previous mai-series that i've been emotional about I mean when was the last time that I was havin an emotional day after i've watched IDOLM@STER Xenoglossia (Made by SUNRISE as well ) during 2007?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2009-06-11 at 11:49.
Closed Thread