AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-17, 20:05   Link #341
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
By the way Cats, La Tale CB characters WILL get wiped. Said so in my beta invitation email I received today.

I'll play some at monday.. ( Too busy trying out Aion now ) ... Oh wait.. I'm going on a week holiday at monday... So much for that. I wonder when CB will end ? D:.

Everyone should start playing Aion when it gets out officially. You want customization ? You have it. You want incredible graphics ? You have it. Can't say much about other things as I've only played for a while though, but as far as I can see, the characters are so customizable that you can even make a character identical to Obama or some other person. ( Check youtube ).

On the downside, Aion costs ~30ish € actually, plus 12€ per month.
Old 2009-07-17, 21:26   Link #342
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
By the way Cats, La Tale CB characters WILL get wiped. Said so in my beta invitation email I received today.

I'll play some at monday.. ( Too busy trying out Aion now ) ... Oh wait.. I'm going on a week holiday at monday... So much for that. I wonder when CB will end ? D:.

Everyone should start playing Aion when it gets out officially. You want customization ? You have it. You want incredible graphics ? You have it. Can't say much about other things as I've only played for a while though, but as far as I can see, the characters are so customizable that you can even make a character identical to Obama or some other person. ( Check youtube ).

On the downside, Aion costs ~30ish € actually, plus 12€ per month.
you mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-2BzE4fqsU
that was the video that made me want Aion even more

I played both races and I think the darker ones are cooler.
Old 2009-07-17, 21:39   Link #343
Dist

Yea that's the video I saw. But in general customization is good. And I have never seen a game with as large customization as this game offers.

The only flaw I found was that you can't change your eye color o.o. The eye color changes with the preset faces, which all are customizable to at some degree. Which means basically, if you pick a preset face which is old, you can't change it to young unless you choose different preset face.

They really need to add eye color changer because modifying the preset faces, even if they don't have nonmodificable features such as age, is annoying if it needs to be done aloooot. ( Or maybe I just suck at customizing.. )
Old 2009-07-18, 01:04   Link #344
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea i dont get why they dont let u pick eye color, they should have also made a Age selection. (adds wrinkles and such)
Old 2009-07-18, 01:11   Link #345
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Maybe they'll add it to the cash shop later~
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 04:50   Link #346
Dist

There's not gonna be a cash shop LOL. For a game that costs money to buy and has monthly cost, it won't have an item mall obviously. And it's good.. No more obvious difference in peoples equipment or skills just because they are rich in real life so they can buy looots and loots of stuff.
Old 2009-07-18, 07:42   Link #347
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, never played P2P so I wouldn't know...always thought MMOs got cash shops, just to get as much money as possible.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 11:40   Link #348
Dist

Nope. F2P's have Cash Shop because well.. How would they make money otherwise ?

Probably some P2P games have cash shop, though I haven't seen any so far. Big MMO's ( and expensive ), shouldn't have because that makes the game unbalanced too like I said before.

But maybe the eye color will be fixed later or something.. I mean the customization screen is flawed anyway. You can even pick from various male or female voices for your character, but the test button doesn't work so you're supposed to pick at random x_x
Old 2009-07-18, 15:46   Link #349
Sydonai

Quote:
You can even pick from various male or female voices for your character, but the test button doesn't work so you're supposed to pick at random x_x
is there a point to the voices?
Sydonai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 16:00   Link #350
Dist

Well.. duh ? When you cast spell, attack etc. Especially with mages/Sorcerer's etc. when they're chanting the spell.

Though I do wonder what are they speaking. It's not Korean, but it's not english either. Sounds like random sprouting of words x_X. Maybe it'd sound better if I had picked better voice but I sound like a girl lol atm -.-.
Old 2009-07-18, 19:21   Link #351
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Well.. duh ? When you cast spell, attack etc. Especially with mages/Sorcerer's etc. when they're chanting the spell.

Though I do wonder what are they speaking. It's not Korean, but it's not english either. Sounds like random sprouting of words x_X. Maybe it'd sound better if I had picked better voice but I sound like a girl lol atm -.-.
for some reason i cant sample the voices in Character creation. but I think the actually cut scenes are gonna have english/japanese
Old 2009-07-18, 20:20   Link #352
Dist

What Japanese ? The game is Korean and there was Chinese version out. People need to stop thinking RPG = Japanese.

And I'm playing the CB already, the cutscenes DO not have speaking. It's just text ( sadly ). I think even Atlantica had fully voiced quest scenes ( there wasn't cut scenes but still o.o ) but not this game.. Weird :/.

Besides there arent many RPG/MMORPG's where there are voiced scenes anyway, and if the scenes are voiced, your main character most likely WILL NOT have a voice. The character sampling voice at the creation screen, like I said, is for the battle cries. Spell chanting and so on.
Old 2009-07-18, 20:28   Link #353
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

that sucks ( and i ment korean lol)

but Star Wars The Old Republic is gonna be fully Voiced your character is gonna speak and you get to chose what he says, basicly its a KOTOR with MC Voice and Online.

but aslong as the cut scenes have Subtitles im fine with it, not like many other MMORPGs are fully voiced.
Old 2009-07-19, 04:18   Link #354
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
What Japanese ? The game is Korean and there was Chinese version out. People need to stop thinking RPG = Japanese.

And I'm playing the CB already, the cutscenes DO not have speaking. It's just text ( sadly ). I think even Atlantica had fully voiced quest scenes ( there wasn't cut scenes but still o.o ) but not this game.. Weird :/.

Besides there arent many RPG/MMORPG's where there are voiced scenes anyway, and if the scenes are voiced, your main character most likely WILL NOT have a voice. The character sampling voice at the creation screen, like I said, is for the battle cries. Spell chanting and so on.
The only one coming to mind right now is Guild Wars. Your character spoke and had a voice.

Atlantica might've as well, I forget now.
Old 2009-07-19, 09:29   Link #355
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Granado Espada has voices for the characters when they move and cast spells. JP version has many big names, including Inoue Marina, Inoue-anesan (Kikuko), and FukuJun, among others.
Old 2009-07-19, 10:15   Link #356
Dist

- Yezhanguan . All MMO's have voices for casting spells lol. Or do you think they just move their hands and shoot out fireballs out of nothing ? They need to '' chant '' or '' cast '' it. But we were talking about talking to NPC's, receiving quests etc.

Atlantica does have btw fully voiced quest dialogs, checked it. There's also patch for it to steal the japanese audio from the japanese version of the game, which currently works with the english version. I haven't tried it personally out as i havent played for months.
Old 2009-07-19, 10:20   Link #357
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I know that. Still, hearing Tanaka Rie firing spells or Noto Mamiko summoning dolls is uber.
Old 2009-07-19, 11:12   Link #358
Sydonai

hey i duno if this interest's you guys or not but i found this tutorial to make a Wasabii account which is basically a japanese mmo site. i tried it out with great results ... the tut is specifically for SD Gundam Online, but you could definatley download and enjoy any of the other games on the site.

Tutorial: http://www.gamerzplanet.net/forums/g...am-online.html

Wasabii: http://www.wasabii.com.tw/

again, i duno if this'll be helpful or not but although i don't understand a thing on the site or in-game i can still play and enjoy easily so i hope you guys will too
Sydonai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 12:21   Link #359
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
- Yezhanguan . All MMO's have voices for casting spells lol. Or do you think they just move their hands and shoot out fireballs out of nothing ? They need to '' chant '' or '' cast '' it. But we were talking about talking to NPC's, receiving quests etc.

Atlantica does have btw fully voiced quest dialogs, checked it. There's also patch for it to steal the japanese audio from the japanese version of the game, which currently works with the english version. I haven't tried it personally out as i havent played for months.
i dont remember WoW having any voices for casting.
Old 2009-07-19, 12:47   Link #360
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
i dont remember WoW having any voices for casting.
Besides the filler noise and the "Can I has mana." messages, yes it did not.

Tags
mmorpg