AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 00:05   Link #801
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Still, by now he should know Nya mean him no harm. And apparently Black Goat meat is accepted food in the rest of the known galaxy. At some point, one has to acknowledge that denying outer space cuisine for no other reason than because it is from Outer Space, is just a little short-sighted.
I doubt it's even been a week since Mahiro first met Nyaruko. Give him time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
On the other hand he knows that she (and her friends) are aliens whose default form isn't even bipedal or humanoid
Are we quite sure? It could be the other way around.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 00:14   Link #802
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Are we quite sure? It could be the other way around.
Nyarue (the meganekko Nyarlathothepian) from the web shorts actually has a problem maintaining her humanoid form, remember? Whenever she's embarrassed, she reverts (censored and pixellated I might add) to her default form. Its came to a point where Mahiro didn't even care anymore.
Old 2012-05-02, 00:16   Link #803
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Mahiro's mother.....why could I not stop thinking of this woman the entire time:

?
Old 2012-05-02, 00:16   Link #804
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Nyarue (the meganekko Nyarlathothepian) from the web shorts actually has a problem maintaining her humanoid form, remember? Its came to a point where Mahiro didn't even care anymore.
Yes, but is it because she gets all flustered and thus goes into Saiyan mode without meaning to, or is it because it takes concentration to keep her humanoid form?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 00:21   Link #805
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Don't you mean speciecist?

I think there's quite a bit of cognitive dissonance going on with Mahiro. On one hand, he likely thinks that Nyarko is cute and likely doesn't mean him harm (well, not directly anyway). On the other hand he knows that she (and her friends) are aliens whose default form isn't even bipedal or humanoid, and what's more he's grown up on Lovecraft, which adds an altogether different level of issues.
Well, yeah, I imagine that he would have issues with the whole tentacles thing, since I am pretty sure that Nyarlko has tentacles somewhere on her person. Of course it remains to be seen if Kuuko has tentacles too, but then again she is a living ball of fire so maybe not. Somehow I would think that Nyarlko's tentacles must have some heat resistance though. One must also remember that Mahiro is a tsundere, and we have no idea if he has deredere thoughts when he is not being pestered by Nyarlko. Of course, I feel for Kuuko more than Nyarlko She's all hot and bothered for some Nyarly action, but she keeps being denied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
The rest of the known galaxy is apparently made up of eldritch horrors who could probably eat maggot-infested radioactive flesh of someone dead of corprus disease and covered with Black Death flies and Yellow Fever mosquitos and still not suffer even the slightest ill effect. I, personally, would not trust Nyaruko to remember that the person eating her cooking is only human, and I too would likely insist that she stick to using food that we know is safe: aka Earth food.

Also, seriously, Shub-freaking-Niggurath. I don't want that stuff in the same solar system with me, let alone in my dinner.
Yeah, but what's his excuse for rejecting Shantak-bird eggs though? Those could be delicious and seem pretty non-harmful. It would seem that various Mythos races have had some human contact so I would expect that only certain types of eldritch meat would be offered to a human.

I do like Mahiro. He's a tsundere(that's rare for a male lead), and I have no issue with him keeping Nyarlko(who I adore btw) in live with his trusty sanity-keeping forks. Plus, he's the straight man to everyone else's wackiness.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 00:28   Link #806
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
The rest of the known galaxy is apparently made up of eldritch horrors who could probably eat maggot-infested radioactive flesh of someone dead of corprus disease and covered with Black Death flies and Yellow Fever mosquitos and still not suffer even the slightest ill effect. I, personally, would not trust Nyaruko to remember that the person eating her cooking is only human, and I too would likely insist that she stick to using food that we know is safe: aka Earth food.

Also, seriously, Shub-freaking-Niggurath. I don't want that stuff in the same solar system with me, let alone in my dinner.
RW, you sound like someone who looks for the nearest MacDonald when visiting another country. Got to live a little be adventurous with your food. Try the new stuff. Besides, could Black goat Meat be less edible then MacDonalds?
Old 2012-05-02, 00:32   Link #807
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
RW, you sound like someone who looks for the nearest MacDonald when visiting another country.
WHAT?! Who told you?! Someone's been following me all these times?! You're with THEM, aren't you?! I knew they'd be coming for me someday! No one can prove anything! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!! *runs screaming into his room, and barricades the doors and windows*
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 00:40   Link #808
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Still, by now he should know Nya mean him no harm. And apparently Black Goat meat is accepted food in the rest of the known galaxy. At some point, one has to acknowledge that denying outer space cuisine for no other reason than because it is from Outer Space, is just a little short-sighted.
it not actually Black Goat meat since Shub-Niggurath herself is "The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young". and i doubt many people here would like to eat meat of something look like this, it may not poisonous to nyaruko and other gods but who know if it do to human or not.
Old 2012-05-02, 00:42   Link #809
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
it not actually Black Goat meat since Shub-Niggurath herself is "The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young". and i doubt many people here would like to eat meat of something look like this
*raise hands

Had roast cockroach as a kid

I try anything once
Old 2012-05-02, 00:52   Link #810
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
it not actually Black Goat meat since Shub-Niggurath herself is "The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young". and i doubt many people here would like to eat meat of something look like this, it may not poisonous to nyaruko and other gods but who know if it do to human or not.
I know it isn't actually an earth goat. My point is that it is a commercial product, and that it shouldn't be rejected just because it isn't Earth meat.

And anyway, as a meat lover, I don't actually judge my food by the appearance of the animal it came from. The label even said that the meat is freshly slaughtered daily and is a trusted and reliable brand.
Old 2012-05-02, 01:23   Link #811
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
I know it isn't actually an earth goat. My point is that it is a commercial product, and that it shouldn't be rejected just because it isn't Earth meat.

And anyway, as a meat lover, I don't actually judge my food by the appearance of the animal it came from. The label even said that the meat is freshly slaughtered daily and is a trusted and reliable brand.
Does this commercial market includes the earth, human, as its participants? Has it been proven safe with no serious long term effects to humans?

To illustrate better, are the Humans being short sighted for refusing to eat Turian food...?
Old 2012-05-02, 01:40   Link #812
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Does this commercial market includes the earth, human, as its participants? Has it been proven safe with no serious long term effects to humans?

To illustrate better, are the Humans being short sighted for refusing to eat Turian food...?
Naruko, as an intergalactic cop, should know better than Mahiro on what he should and shouldn't eat.

Humans are not an unknown to the rest of the galaxy. They know everything about us, hell, we are only kept in the dark to keep our entertainment industry untainted by outside influences. They even restrict exports because if they don't, every limited edition Blu Ray box would go outside Earth and leave nothing for the rest of us. One thing we know by now, is that Nyaruko is not incompetent. She knows exactly what she is doing, even if Mahiro doesn't like it. And she would most certainly not poison Mahiro accidentally.
Old 2012-05-02, 01:44   Link #813
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Naruko, as an intergalactic cop, should know better than Mahiro on what he should and shouldn't eat..
Well... if her one-track mind remains focused on sex, getting married, etc... it's easy to forget that detail.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 01:49   Link #814
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Well... if her one-track mind remains focused on sex, getting married, etc... it's easy to forget that detail.
First thing in the minds of those who want to look up intergalactic relationships, is the nearest biology text book on your would-be partner. You can't NOT know what Mahiro can or cannot ingest... if you know what I mean.
Old 2012-05-02, 01:53   Link #815
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
First thing in the minds of those who want to look up intergalactic relationships, is the nearest biology text book on your would-be partner. You can't NOT know what Mahiro can or cannot ingest... if you know what I mean.
In that case - I don't think Nyarko really cares. All she wants is his ***k
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 02:11   Link #816
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
In that case - I don't think Nyarko really cares. All she wants is his ***k
Then what would their alien offspring be called?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 02:19   Link #817
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Mahiro's mother.....why could I not stop thinking of this woman the entire time:

?
Congratulations on realizing you love them anime MILFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Then what would their alien offspring be called?
Nyarcakes? >_>
Old 2012-05-02, 03:56   Link #818
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I am annoyed at Mahiro. But this has nothing to do with how he forks Nya, or how he refuses her advances.

I am annoyed at his rejection of Space Meat.

Look, I understand if he thought Nya actually carve up monsters she killed herself and serve it to him. As far as he knows Nya is not a certified butcher. But the fact is the Space Meat are hygienically butchered and packaged, and are apparently mass produced by reputable companies for consumption by most of the known galaxy.

So what if it's space monster meat? He knows it tastes good, and that they are not poisonous. To demand that he should be fed only Earth food is arrogance. It would be like saying you wouldn't eat food that isn't produced in your own farm.

Nya even bought Black Goat meat, which is supposedly some legendary delicacy. She is trying to introduce him to food of other cultures, and he is just brushing it off. That's just harsh.
Looks like food is a sore point close to the heart....

Should try Yog Sototh brand stuff...wonder what that would be like...
Old 2012-05-02, 06:54   Link #819
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Lovecraft's description of Cthulhu land, the intergalactic entertainment industry, the cuteness of Shantak birds, the Old One's earth policy and their family structure, ect wasn't exactly spot on.

In fact did he get anything right at all?

I don't see why Mahiro should still believe anything of that stuff, when he's got cute Nyaruko infront of him.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 07:01   Link #820
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
It all depends on the PoV, for what we know, the writer assumed the Mythos beings' one, that see humans failing sanity checks as entertainment

Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, loli, parody, romance, seinen, shounen, trap