AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-08, 22:09   Link #201
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I really appreciate the work Shiroth and others are doing to identify the uniforms. Anime otakus, much? (Apologies if anyone finds that an insult. I intend it as praise.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-08 at 22:44.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 22:12   Link #202
Traece
:cool:

Ah such a lovely show.

With all this nudity and sexual tension I almost forgot this was based off an h-game.

But no seriously... If every episode is like this they're going to be in record books.

Moving on, I like the first episode of it. Though personally I despise Ef~, even though I still watch the seasons of it. I'm not big on the consequencial and dark-mooded romance they're throwing around. Memories had me expecting someone to kill someone. Melodies has me expecting pedophilia (or something close to it) and some interesting flashbacks.

The art is as good as ever though, and that's always nice. Plus, it's great to see more of their somewhat experimental effects that they've continued to do.
Old 2008-10-08, 23:24   Link #203
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Earlier I chatted with someone IRC and that person told me he didn't like Nagi being so bold. I believe there're other people thinking the same thing, so I need to do Nagi justice here.

Spoiler for it kinds of spoil the story a little:
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 23:35   Link #204
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

question: I'm interested in picking this up but should I or need to pick up ef - a tale of memories first?
Old 2008-10-08, 23:37   Link #205
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
question: I'm interested in picking this up but should I or need to pick up ef - a tale of memories first?

watch memories first. The main character in Melodies were introduce as side characters in Memories.
Old 2008-10-08, 23:39   Link #206
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Since there are recurring characters from the first season, and not an entirely new batch, I'd say yes. It would probably help to watch the first season.

Besides, the first season is VERY romantic. Very cute. A bit on the odd and tragic side too, but mostly it's extremely romantic.
Old 2008-10-09, 00:09   Link #207
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Thank you very much, will look into it then
Old 2008-10-09, 01:48   Link #208
Ojamajo LimePie
Magical Girl

Seifuku from left-to-right:

1. DaCapo
2. ???
3. PaniPoni Dash
4. ???
5. Little Busters!
6. ???
7. Fate/Stay Night
8. Negima
9. Zettai Karen Children
10. ???
11. true tears
12. Someday's Dreamers
Ojamajo LimePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 01:55   Link #209
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I'll say, I'll probably love the ost from this series as much as I loved the ost from the first. Chihiro did a pretty decent job on the subbing of the first episode. But the music is what really attracts me to this anime
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 02:24   Link #210
hai_san

Very intrigued ep not the normal "shallow" love romance drama... Ef is back! I like the new Ef very much, let see how it developes.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 04:13   Link #211
tabun
rawr!

Indeed, very intriguing - and it sure seems as if Shaft will keep the very impressive visual style of memories in melodies, too. Great first episode, I am completely hooked!

Hopefully this time, the interest will be enough to warrant an own sub-forum, as I found it rather tedious to follow the conversation / discussion of memories earlier this year, interesting though it was!

Also, concerning the german text in the OP, what struck me most was its contextual and grammatical flawlessness. I mean, compared to the engrish in some songs, that's just very professional. And who could blame anyone for liking the german language, eh? (I may be biased here, sue me ;D )

Last edited by tabun; 2008-10-09 at 04:30.
tabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 05:12   Link #212
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Melodies has me expecting pedophilia (or something close to it) and some interesting flashbacks.
I do wonder where the pedophilia comment is coming from. (Of course that would be the upcoming romance between Kuze and Mizuki ...right?). Last time i checked, pedophilia is a sexual preference towards pre-pubescent children. And last time i checked, Mizuki should be around 18 years old, considering she is entering university (and she isn't remotely loli by any sensible standards). Do you realize how ridiculous it sounds to make a claim that a man in his mid-late twenties potentially having interest in 18 year old female is even anywhere near pedophilia ? I mean ...sheesh
Old 2008-10-09, 05:12   Link #213
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I really appreciate the work Shiroth and others are doing to identify the uniforms. Anime otakus, much? (Apologies if anyone finds that an insult. I intend it as praise.)
I'll just take it as i have to much time on my hands. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Spoiler for it kinds of spoil the story a little:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
I'll say, I'll probably love the ost from this series as much as I loved the ost from the first. Chihiro did a pretty decent job on the subbing of the first episode. But the music is what really attracts me to this anime
The musical score does plan an important part in why i love this show and memories so much, though with the series i'm able to link each track to an important part in the story, making my bond for the music even stronger.
Old 2008-10-09, 05:14   Link #214
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I don't have time to reply to the PMs, but thank you very much for your time to give me information, everyone. *gives hugs to everyone*

With that set, I'm all ready to jump into EF's fandom and be taken for an emotionally thrilling ride. Glad to meet you all.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 08:36   Link #215
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I do wonder where the pedophilia comment is coming from. (Of course that would be the upcoming romance between Kuze and Mizuki ...right?). Last time i checked, pedophilia is a sexual preference towards pre-pubescent children. And last time i checked, Mizuki should be around 18 years old, considering she is entering university (and she isn't remotely loli by any sensible standards). Do you realize how ridiculous it sounds to make a claim that a man in his mid-late twenties potentially having interest in 18 year old female is even anywhere near pedophilia ? I mean ...sheesh
I was seriously exaggerating, of course. After all, there's no way it would actually be a pedo-relationship.

All things considered though it would be a pretty strange and unwelcomed relationship I'm sure. But then I don't know, it almost seems like they were trying to hook her up. "Let's introduce her to Kuze, she might not get hitched but she'll have some fun times let me tell you!" What horrible family she has, hooking her up with a mid-twenties playboy, complete with multiple school cosplay outfits!

Tsk tsk...
Old 2008-10-09, 08:49   Link #216
Keruri
Like a falling star

Alright! Time for my take on the lyrics. Please keep in mind that these aren't official. Possible variations are in parenthesis.

Spoiler for Ebuillent Future:

Also, we have another "killer for my armstripe" incident:
Some people initially thought "I wish I could see your disguise" was "I wish I could see your insides". I giggled a little harder than I should have.

Last edited by Keruri; 2008-10-17 at 17:12.
Keruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 08:50   Link #217
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
But then I don't know, it almost seems like they were trying to hook her up.
That just depends how you look at it, because i did not see it like that at all. They introduced her to Kuze because that's what she wanted.
Old 2008-10-09, 09:25   Link #218
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah, but people do that all the time. They 'say' it's casual and all, but we all know one thing can lead to the other. It's almost shocking how romantic relationships can develop.

But Mizuki definitely already has shown admiration and a bit of a stranger's interest in Kuze anyway.

As for the pedophile aspect, Kuze is a bit of an unnerving character I suppose with his condom remark and school uniform stuff not to mention that he's a supposedly known womanizer.

But otherwise, he is a professional adult after all. Also, age differences between males and females going between a decade or more to me isn't that big a deal as long as the girl can willingly and knowledgeably make the choice. It won't be too many years until I am 30 and I would like to think I still have a chance with girls who are 19-20 years old by then. I don't think of going into that kind of thought to be a cradle-robber here. Likewise, it seems there's a niche amongst girls to be able to net older guys as well. I don't think it's some mystical Japanese/Asian thing or something with malicious intent. But again with Kuze, he's showing all sorts of weird signs and he definitely IS eccentric.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 09:30   Link #219
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 1
Spoiler:
I was thinking the same thing. I would assume that such an incident leads to Yuu's lack on faith in the previous season.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 09:37   Link #220
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yuu and Yuuko? Maybe they were blood related siblings or maybe their parents had different dads or moms?

Also, I don't really think Yuu has lost much faith necessarily. It seemed like he was a cold bastard ever since childhood.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shaft