Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-19, 18:51   Link #721
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 204:
Old 2012-09-19, 23:55   Link #722
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ And a lot more fans, that's for sure Gotta wonder how much his ranking will rise at the end of this arc. I didn't actually expect him to finish the dish by himself, it's a nice change from the "accidental" call of ingredients that he's experienced so far.

Toriko&co look like dead meat...and they missed the pressure points course!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 00:07   Link #723
ndqanh_vn

Ok, I think I have some serious problem with those recent chapter.

It is implied that when the Four Kings is leaving, the old man is actually about to tell them the truth about the main body of the Four Beast and the fact that they are one. Zebra is to blamed as I understood.

The problem is, he did not really try, he said it with a very casual attitude, as if it is a strength test as various mission he gave them before. He said it in a video ONLY TO HIS STUDENTS while it should be made a wide-known fact, so that all human population would not be gathered into that one place, and whoever at home could prepare better for protecting human. Did he try to tell anyone else about that? WHY oh, WHY, don;t they do something other than standing there until the plot decides to reveal that twist to us, which I suspect very much that the author did not plan very well before hand.

Maybe to him it is a strength test. But it concerns the safety of the whole human race. From my view I just see that he had put the whole world in a big gambit for his student. Do he has any back up plan in case the Four King fell? Yeah he trusted his students and all, but with a danger like this it is NOT recomendable to go without one.

The fact is Toriko has always been cheesy. I have no complaint about it. I think the cheese is part of its charm. So I have overlooked logic flaws, plot hole, rather bland characterization for the fact that it is fun to read. But this one flaw is just too big for me to swallow. If the author did not do anything to fix my bad impression with those weird human's low regard to human lives, it would be hard for me to accept.

A bit ranting. But it has been bugging me for those rest two chapters. It makes me angry as well, even though it has become a fact that in story like this, if you are without super power or plot amour, you are just as expendable as an old broken pencil.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 01:25   Link #724
Videnfel

^ Been awhile since I posted on these kinds of forums but I feel I can explain (somewhat) Ichiryuu's actions.

In his message he makes no mention of the Four Beast's main body attacking the center of the human world, he just tells them it's out there somewhere. In fact we're told that the Four Beast attacking the center the human world is a change in tactics brought about by its defeat at the hands of Ichiryuu one-hundred years ago. When Ichiryuu fought it he was able to defeat the four limbs while keeping the human population safe and as far as we know the main body never itself attacked the human world but remained in the gourmet world until it's limbs returned.

I don't know whether Ichiryuu ever fought the main body. He could have gone into gourmet world to fight it or maybe it appeared after he defeated the limbs but either way I think we can safely assume it didn't pop up in the middle of the human world. I'm guessing Ichiryuu's intention when he left the message was to have the Four Kings defeat the limbs and then enter the gourmet world to attack the main body and the mastermind controlling it. In short he didn't know that it was going to emerge in the human world and therefore he didn't warn anyone else about it.

Now you can argue that Ichiryuu could have predicted this change in tactics and should have taken more steps to prevent this kind of thing from happening but that's not the same as saying he has no regard for human lives. Anyway, that's what I think but I guess it's open to interpretation. Maybe we'll find out for sure next time we see Ichiryuu.
Videnfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 01:28   Link #725
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The man's got a war to fight, no beast is more dangerous than Midora
Old 2012-09-21, 12:01   Link #726
marvelB

Yeah, the way I also see it, the situation basically spiraled outside of Ichiryuu's calculations. Remember, we even saw Mansam (who's one of the higher-ranking IGO people, therefore making him a close confident of the president) comment on the turn of events, so I doubt anyone predicted the outcome. So really, I don't see a reason to pin the blame on anyone. It's just that the enemies planned THAT far ahead of the good guys....

But on an unrelated note, the fact that Komatsu went through such immense growth as a chef really makes look forward to that upcoming chef festival arc even more. He may end up rising to #1 on the Bishokukai's "Chefs to Kidnap" list now that he's had a huge part in saving mankind from extinction.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 13:39   Link #727
ShiroiRyu

Combo ?
YEAH ! Combo !
And the four beasts will win some time !
Old 2012-09-26, 15:12   Link #728
marvelB

So.... yeah, the next chapter's out for anyone who doesn't know.

Heh, I like how them looking forward to the beast's taste is what got the kings back in action. And by the way things look now, they seem to have a technique that's basically like the Toriko equivalent of the Genki Dama/Spirit Bomb. BTW, I wonder why Zebra's horse hasn't joined Terry and the other animals yet.....?
Old 2012-09-26, 15:52   Link #729
ellifeedn
Thinker

I assume it's because it's not loyal to him and is loyal to that hermit he got it from.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 20:28   Link #730
Battler-kun

Yeah, finally time for a combo attack.
Thought right from the start that it would be the only way to beat it, working together.

I guess Toriko and Zebra will be adding their attack and aim it at Sunny who multiplies the power and deflect it onto that monster with Coco adding poison to it.

A huge poisonous energylaserbeam xD
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 13:31   Link #731
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So.... yeah, the next chapter's out for anyone who doesn't know.

Heh, I like how them looking forward to the beast's taste is what got the kings back in action. And by the way things look now, they seem to have a technique that's basically like the Toriko equivalent of the Genki Dama/Spirit Bomb. BTW, I wonder why Zebra's horse hasn't joined Terry and the other animals yet.....?
And thank you for the heads up, kind sir, I totally missed it this week! Cool chapter, unison raid incoming

At first I wondered about the daruma horse too, but it's a rental and Zebra doesn't get emotional with...food :P
Old 2012-09-27, 15:39   Link #732
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post

A huge poisonous energylaserbeam xD
Power level is strong with this cambo attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I wonder why Zebra's horse hasn't joined Terry and the other animals yet.....?
Because he borrowed it from that Hermit. I also think that this horse so powerful (capture level is unknown) if it combines it's attack with other partner pets then they likely to defeat it without getting any help from Four Heavenly Kings lol.
Old 2012-10-02, 12:46   Link #733
marvelB

Time for an early serving of Toriko spoilers!

Spoiler for Toriko 206:

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-10-02 at 16:43.
Old 2012-10-03, 00:27   Link #734
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Damn, that really was brutal, from giant humanoid monstrosity to spikey tentacle rape...poor pets Genkidama incoming! Half-expecting them to eat the thing raw...
Old 2012-10-03, 03:20   Link #735
ShiroiRyu

Genkidama of appetite !
I loved the end ... Dinner of kings. XD
Old 2012-10-03, 04:30   Link #736
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
omg it's the kamehameha!
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 04:33   Link #737
Battler-kun

Dharma Horse...i wonder what its power level is.

It must be close to 300 atleast also.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 09:49   Link #738
marvelB

Y'know, that last page made me curious: If Komatsu had his own monster formed from his "intimidation" aura, I wonder what it would look like? Personally, I'm thinking of something like a gargantuan Chef Boyardee.
Old 2012-10-03, 12:14   Link #739
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

More like a giant hamster with puffy cheeks.

AND AN ATTITUDE

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 12:39   Link #740
Kafriel
Senior Guest

You know what would really fit him though? An inquisitor with a full-face mask who wants to cut you up, shower you with water, boil you, shock you, fry you and see what you taste like...suits his job quite perfectly

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen