Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-06-25, 14:17   Link #1
supperrfreek
Professional Genius

Universal Century going offline

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Going-Offline

http://news.filefront.com/gundam-onl...-at-years-end/

I don't know what to say, but being that it wasn't really advertised or put into markets other than that of Japan, does anyone think bandai will try to break into the mmo market again?
supperrfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 19:24   Link #2
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Bandai is one of the WORST video game companies. please do not support their game releases other than SRW, if that anymore. Bandai will never make a popular world wide MMORPG. their idea of a good mech game is contrary to what most of the world views as a good mech game. even the US dragonball games are far better than any of that garbage bandai released.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 19:40   Link #3
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
Bandai is one of the WORST video game companies. please do not support their game releases other than SRW, if that anymore. Bandai will never make a popular world wide MMORPG. their idea of a good mech game is contrary to what most of the world views as a good mech game. even the US dragonball games are far better than any of that garbage bandai released.
Well what about the SD Gundam G Generation games and the Tales Of Series?

Also SRW is by Banpresto.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 21:44   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

have u played the predecessor for G Generation? It was called G century. and guess what? it was crap.

but G generation is considered part of the SRW world in my opinion, since being title G Generation. Lately SRW games are just re-hashes. I haven't even played the last three. its like they release an option, sell some games; then they add one more option change a few story points, then release another game. I really did not like the MX series because of that.

and Tales series belonged to namco prior the recent merger, basically bandai was able to stick their name on the logo of someone else's hard work.

Also, Bandai owns Banpresto in case that was not obvious by the little gundam logo above the word Banpresto
Bandai apparently is able to make magic, its mysterious how they can make so many people's money disappear
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 01:04   Link #5
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
have u played the predecessor for G Generation? It was called G century. and guess what? it was crap.

but G generation is considered part of the SRW world in my opinion, since being title G Generation. Lately SRW games are just re-hashes. I haven't even played the last three. its like they release an option, sell some games; then they add one more option change a few story points, then release another game. I really did not like the MX series because of that.

and Tales series belonged to namco prior the recent merger, basically bandai was able to stick their name on the logo of someone else's hard work.

Also, Bandai owns Banpresto in case that was not obvious by the little gundam logo above the word Banpresto
Bandai apparently is able to make magic, its mysterious how they can make so many people's money disappear
OH! So Bitter....

There's no Gundam Logo in Banpresto's name though, unless you mean the mask below the name which has nothing to do with anything Gundam.

What I will admit is that for the most part it's true, Bandai makes cash in games of the variety that would make the late Acclaim blush. I tend to avoid anything published by them unless I do a lot of research and acquire by cheaper means if you know what I mean. The lesson is, don't buy games from Bandai unless it's from the Namco team. Although I doubt that will stop people from buying the Suzumiya Haruhi game they are making. I saw them doing that one from a mile away.

Overall I think that the Namco buyout among other recent acquisitions is like when Disney realized that they couldn't compete with Pixar because their creative talent wasn't up to snuff.

Did anyone really play this Gundam Online game though?
Old 2007-06-26, 02:49   Link #6
DaigoMadoka

Only the Japanese, since it was never really released over here. In the end, it's one of those "Eh, who cares?" things because people here can't play it.

It's funny though, Banpresto is owned by Bandai, and because of that people constantly think that things like their logo and the Huckebein look like something from Gundam because they look really similar.
DaigoMadoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 14:36   Link #7
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:

G Generation games are hit or miss. It's probably better if it produced once in 10 years.

G Generation games look like SRW only because you played the recent ones. G Generation, G Generation Zero, G Gengeration F don't have original storylines.

By the way, does Bandai interfere Banpresto in a SRW project? If not, then Banpresto is suppose to be a different division than Bandai games.

Your last statement makes me wonder why Idolmaster is able to save XBOX360 from disaster.
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 11:38   Link #8
supperrfreek
Professional Genius

but MMO's and RPG's are quite different, why try to compare games cross genre?
supperrfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 03:30   Link #9
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
G Generation games are hit or miss. It's probably better if it produced once in 10 years.

G Generation games look like SRW only because you played the recent ones. G Generation, G Generation Zero, G Gengeration F don't have original storylines.

By the way, does Bandai interfere Banpresto in a SRW project? If not, then Banpresto is suppose to be a different division than Bandai games.

Your last statement makes me wonder why Idolmaster is able to save XBOX360 from disaster.
In Japan you mean.

Simple answer, cute girls, dancing, singing, Idols, getting to interact with them in a wish fullfillment fantasy= Very Popular in Japan versus FPS' up the wazoo. You need the right idea for the right geographical image and Bandai had it. It basically all came down to MS trying to solve an illness by upping the dose of medication (FPS and Graphics), seeing it not work, and then calling in a second opinion from their Japanese equivalent only to find out that the cure was as simple as a what equated to a good nights sleep and a glass of water (Loli-Moe).
Old 2007-07-01, 21:02   Link #10
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
It's a hit or miss thing, however, the main problem with Universal Century is definitely lack of marketing, since Bandai do not realize that half of the market for Gundam is on rest of the world. Also, it is not cheap to maintain an account (as far as I heard), and for them not having any experience in PC mecha games is kind of makes it harder. They got to realize that not everyone lives on consoles.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote