Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-08, 09:13   Link #2241
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
ayu won!!!
too bad for chibi rein...
also disappointed that yakumon lost, at least she didn't lost by more than a hundred votes...
glad to see ahaha~-tan advance also...
Old 2007-09-08, 09:14   Link #2242
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Uguu and Ahahah won.

My poor Magical Tome. *mourn*
Old 2007-09-08, 09:15   Link #2243
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
No, I meant Kaibutsu Oujo and its English name, Princess Resurrection.
Oops, I kept reading Kaibutsu Oujo and seeing Ookiku Furikabutte - no idea why. That explains why I couldn't figure out who that character was, since I was trying to place her in the wrong show completely.
Old 2007-09-08, 09:17   Link #2244
z3phyr.mp3
*Graphic Designer

after seeing the graph it seems that chibi rein was leading until the last stretch when a sudden vote surge for uguu came...
the uguu supporters really made it exciting... waiting until teh last hours to take the lead...
Old 2007-09-08, 09:39   Link #2245
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
after seeing the graph it seems that chibi rein was leading until the last stretch when a sudden vote surge for uguu came...
the uguu supporters really made it exciting... waiting until teh last hours to take the lead...
minus the fake votes it look like the uguu was leading form the start

It is up to the 3 Aces to finish the job.

my vote for the G block will now go to Rika. Nipaii
Old 2007-09-08, 09:47   Link #2246
z3phyr.mp3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
minus the fake votes it look like the uguu was leading form the start

It is up to the 3 Aces to finish the job.

my vote for the G block will now go to Rika. Nipaii
my mistake...
the close one was the yakumo match...
she was beaten by a votes surge at the last hours...

can anyone help... i'm getting the same double error as yesterday...
Spoiler for double error:

i resolved it yesterday with cloning the mac address of my router but now i'm getting the same error again... orz
Old 2007-09-08, 09:50   Link #2247
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Same error here zephyr. However, what I did was returned my routers mac address to the original one, tried it, and got the same error again. After I cloned it again, and voila, works like a charm.

While I don't like the prospect of doing it dayin and dayout, it certainly is quicker for me than booting up my slow ol' comp (the network adapter on mine is busted and so I bought a wireless one for it), disconnect my router, connect my ol' comp to modem, get a code, and then reverse the entire process.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-09-08, 09:50   Link #2248
ando

Ayu, Sayuri and Ayane won.
If there is no objection until 23:59, this result is confirmed.
Spoiler for today's result:
Old 2007-09-08, 09:57   Link #2249
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Even Yakumo has been toppled. This means the Sukuran faction will concentrate all their forces behind Eri on Sept 15th, where she'll face two LS girls, Nanako-sensei and Inori-nee, though the LS supporters would pool their votes behind sensei.
Old 2007-09-08, 10:11   Link #2250
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ayu and Sayuri have the exact number of votes? Me smellz block voting much, no? :P

Anyway I can see those graphs? Ando's graphs usually don't show until a day after the tourney and I'd usually wait for it, but I'm really curious as to see how Uguu did over time this time around.

Today's votes

Sakuya - ninja clumzy maid, or loli princess who has little screentime and even less impact on the show? Hmm... I'll take the former. And ever since Ranma, I think I took a big liking to arranged marriages... not like it succeeeded in this one. ^^;

Chokotto - Psycho-moe princess who kicks ass, or loli imouto as a christmas present? Hmm... I'll usually vote for the former, but being able to summarize my moe bun in three words doesn't happen all to often. So, NEKO-NYAN DANSU! Of course, if I find a better template for Hime, I'll vote for her instead.

No vote - Gasp! A time when I didn't vote for all three groups. This is mainly because I don't like Yuri, nor never did I like that beastial kitten. And sad to say, but Polyphonica's first three eps have been sitting in my hard drive for God knows how long, so that's one of very few girls I'm not familiar with.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-09-08, 10:13   Link #2251
Furudanuki

I voted for Ayu and I'm glad that she managed to win, but it is hard to be completely happy about the result when the victory had to come at the expense of another truly moe character like Rein II. It's the same sort of feeling I had after the Kagami/Maria battle - happiness for Kagami, but sad that a character of whom I was also extremely fond had to pay the price. So hats off to all the Rein II supporters: you fought a good fight. Hopefully next year - if there is another tournament - I'll be able to support her as well.

Quite a fluke that Ayu and Sayuri wound up getting the exact same number of votes, especially since I saw a lot of votes that were not a "KANON 1-2 punch". The Rein II + Sayuri combination seemed to be rather common. Also interesting to note the mood of the 2ch posts after the results were announced. Based on my very limited written Japanese skills it appears that there isn't a lot of grumbling - so far - about the foreign vote. But there was a good bit of chatter implying that the Rozen Maiden faction was responsible for the fake votes because they wanted to take out Rein. Looks like the Nanoha/Rozen feud is heating up a bit early this year.
Old 2007-09-08, 10:25   Link #2252
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

No!!!!! Rein! T_T

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2007-09-08, 10:30   Link #2253
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Uguu! won!

I was worried for most of the day yesterday, but that only makes her victory all the more sweet in the end.

As for today, I have little interest in today matches, so I'll just vote on the first group and that's it.
Old 2007-09-08, 10:35   Link #2254
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
But there was a good bit of chatter implying that the Rozen Maiden faction was responsible for the fake votes because they wanted to take out Rein. Looks like the Nanoha/Rozen feud is heating up a bit early this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
No!!!!! Rein! T_T

There is always next year.

DEATH TO DESU
Old 2007-09-08, 11:03   Link #2255
Furudanuki

Tanuki picks for today:

G-2 = Sakai Chigusa @ Shakugan no Shana)
It was hard for me to decide between Chigusa and Sakuya, but in the end MILF power overcame usamimi appeal. I'm voting for Chigusa, but I'll also consider it a win if Sakuya triumphs.

G-6 = Mizunashi Akari @ ARIA The NATURAL
The most splendid and wonderful Akari, undine no momikko. How can I not vote for a sweetheart such as this?

G-10 = Corticarte Apa Lagranges @ Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica
I've only seen about a half-dozen episodes, but Corti has made a big impression in a short time - I like her! Under other circumstances I would have supported Arf here, since she is probably my favorite Nanoha character after Fate. But because she has had essentially zero presence in StrikerS I cannot in good conscience vote for her.
Old 2007-09-08, 11:10   Link #2256
arkxkra
全力全開

oh now, Rein II out ..so sad T_T....
Sayuri doing well in her group , not bad ...
Old 2007-09-08, 11:23   Link #2257
Rainfall
Storm Of Comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
This year, there always seem to be last minute votes near the end of matches, phenomenally helping a particular character prevail. It appears it's that last batch of votes that determine the winner. This tells me I have to be more careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Ayu and Sayuri have the exact number of votes? Me smellz block voting much, no? :P
Very impressed by that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
But there was a good bit of chatter implying that the Rozen Maiden faction was responsible for the fake votes because they wanted to take out Rein. Looks like the Nanoha/Rozen feud is heating up a bit early this year.
They certainly don't stall time and start planning right away, it seems. If it is indeed true that they are responsible for the fake votes, then they really are "serious". Then again, they might have used the same method to take out Battleship Yuki last year.

Quote:
There is always next year.
Yup!

Quote:
DEATH TO DESU
Much as I hate to admit it, I'm kind of supporting that quote. And I repeat, it's not really because of last year's finals. Her attitude just never seemed to grow on me. I wonder if there's something wrong with my tastes. There seems to be Desu Lovers everywhere I go. However, after surfing through the internet some time ago, I also found societies of Desu dislikers as well. ^^;;

As for the Results:

I don't know whether to be content or depressed with the outcomes revolving around Rein, Ayu, and Yakumo. I feel kinda . . . odd . . .
Old 2007-09-08, 11:25   Link #2258
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Saimoe 2007
0:3
Once again, I put up another goose egg. But at least I voted for who I felt was most moe.
Interestingly, both Kanon girls that won yesterday had 934 votes. It would funny if those 934 votes for each were from the same people. The likelihood of that is still not that hight.
Ayane had a late surge to keep her lead over Yakumo, who was close at one point.
Spoiler for NissanNut's picks/comments - Group G:
Best Moe 2007
Tsukasa BIG over the rest of the group! Still didn't break 1000 votes though...
Kuroi-sensei had not shot...
Kaori and Makie's little fight for second was amazing. A good number of turnovers during the day between those two.
Kareha wins wins her group impressively.
Konata barely breaks 1000, but an easy victory nonetheless.
Spoiler for NissanNut's picks/comments - Round 5:
Old 2007-09-08, 11:37   Link #2259
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Sweet, sweet victory for Ayu. Better luck next year, chibi-Rein.

And now, time to vote for one the best mothers in anime... ^_^
Old 2007-09-08, 11:38   Link #2260
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Ayu would now probably win Block G, with the Higurashi girls being the lone contenders that could pose a challenge against her, but then again, this is Saimoe, anything can happen...

=( that Yakumo lost... whatever happened to SR Power?