AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-09-29, 09:35   Link #1
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Craft Sword: Hajimari no Ishi

Or I suppose in English this would be 'Summon Night Swordcraft Story the Stone of the Beginning" I believe... Although there is no English release.

Anyone played it or anything? It's the third game in the Swordcraft Story spin-off of Summon Night. It's also the only Japanese game I've imported xD

And if you haven't heard of it I guess I could dig up screenshots and videos of it... >>

I just loved this series. xD And the fact there's shojo-ai I swear doesn't influence me... much....
Old 2007-10-04, 04:07   Link #2
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I just loved this series. xD And the fact there's shojo-ai I swear doesn't influence me... much....
lol, I played the first game and the shoujo-ai element absolutely made it for me. (I don't think I would have had half the enjoyment if I didn't choose the little lez girl as a companion ^^) Aside from that it wasn't really a bad game either, I rather liked the combat system.

I enjoyed the second game for a while, but it didn't have the immediate shoujo-ai punch of the first one, and I ended up getting sidetracked and never finished it...

Know nothing about the third game, but took the opportunity to comment anyways... ^^
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 03:13   Link #3
DaigoMadoka

Speaking of Summon Night, anyone imported/planning to import the DS Summon Night game?

The third game is pretty entertaining, but after playing the first game in English, did wish they translated it, I'm sure it would be much more enjoyable...

...along with EX and 4 for the PS2, which I still need to beat one of these days, but I'm sure if there was any hint of shojo-ai in both those games I'd get back at it much quicker. =P
DaigoMadoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 21:13   Link #4
krisslanza

The second one has a fair amount of shojo-ai elements mainly from Nina Nina and Tatina, although you won't notice them until the end. Unlike the first, you get no super cool fairy like Sugar though.... Sugar is so much win

And well in the second you DO have Lynn... Plus the priceless scene in one of the later levels about the 'sexy' talk... Hilarious.

I've been thinking of playing through my ROM of the third more so I can upload more stuff... Like seeing if anyone wants to undertake the task of translating the Murno ending. xD
Murno being the shojo-ai love interest for Rifumonica (I have no idea what that could possibly be in english...) since I can't read kanji I miss the important parts of their chatting...

I'm hoping the DS Summon Night will be translated since it took half a year for Hajimari to arrive... From China. I've never played Summon Night itself, only the spin-offs, but wasn't EX the one with the two people sharing the body...?
Old 2007-10-07, 02:53   Link #5
KBTKaiser

EX Thesis Yoake no Tsubasa for PS2, right?

Yeah, the two mains share a body for that one. And it takes aaaaaallll game to figure out why.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 15:28   Link #6
krisslanza

I was more wondering on how that works out I mean... You basically have a magical sex change everytime...

And yet they somehow show images of them being apart so it always leaves me going: "WTF?"

But this is for Hajimari no Ishi or the other Swordcrafts! <<
Old 2007-10-07, 21:03   Link #7
KBTKaiser

It's all on the context of the world for EX Thesis. I'll give the key terms.

Souls
Minds
Shells

The split images are when they're chatting within a key item you carry around all game OR near endgame.
Old 2007-10-09, 13:15   Link #8
krisslanza

Ahhh... I see. So that makes a lot more sense now... But this is supposed to be about Swordcraft!
Old 2007-10-09, 15:24   Link #9
KBTKaiser

well, why not make it a topic that encompasses all Summon Night Gaidens?

*isn't too far along on Hajimari no Ishi himself*
Old 2007-10-09, 18:28   Link #10
krisslanza

Well... That requires more editing...
I'm very not far in the ROM but I play the game while I wait for college classes to start. I beat the final boss at least once a day The final boss music for Hajimari is a lot better then 1 or 2 I think...

It's more interesting too.