AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-23, 23:24   Link #81
lotus7
Aria Obsessive

cheers, thats perfect.

where do you all get the time to find this sort of stuff though?
Old 2007-10-24, 14:35   Link #82
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus7 View Post
cheers, thats perfect.

That, is trade secret... XD
Old 2007-10-24, 18:53   Link #83
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus7 View Post
Well, the fact that the score from the dango ED is in-fact used a number of times in the actually score to the original novel helps a lot --- it's a well-known piece of music.
Old 2007-10-25, 22:38   Link #84
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

Can somebody tell what's the difference between all the versions of mag mell?
Old 2007-10-26, 00:24   Link #85
Jeiku

I'm really confused on how the remix of "Mag Mell" is meant to be called.

I've seen various sources label the original remix of this song as "cockool mix," which of course is the remix of the first version. However, when it was mixed yet again for the anime it was labeled as "cuckool mix." Essentially, which is meant to be the correct spelling? Also it would help me a lot if someone could show to me exactly how it is spelled on the back cover of the original Clannad game soundtrack, since I can't find a large-enough quality scan to see for myself.

Any help will be much appreciated. This has been bothering me for a while and figured I might as well ask.
Old 2007-10-26, 05:05   Link #86
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Avatar View Post
Can somebody tell what's the difference between all the versions of mag mell?
Sure. There are 4 versions of magu mell out there.

The first is of course the full version from the game which they call the long version. It has a intro, followed by the first verse, a repeat of the vocal and the second verse which is twice in length of the first verse, a bridge and a third verse of double length which is made up of the first two lines of the first and second verse to finish it up.

Then we have the short version. It is almost half the length of the full version, it has a intro, followed by ONE verse, a bridge, and another verse.

After that comes the off vocal version (or you can karaoke version if you want), which is basically the full version without.

Then we have this cockool mix (don't ask me what a cockool mix is, it's spelled like that in the CD track!) It has a lot of sound effect mixed in it, and some backing vocal (that's the voice reflection you hear)

And a short version to it

Finally is the off vocal version of the cockool mix...

And an interesting note: the KyoAni anime used the cockool mix version for the anime OP, and without any alternations(not that I notice) but they released it as a new song none the less...(or maybe my ears aren't good enough to find out the difference)

Oh, and if you preordered the Toei movie tickets, you can get a frequency->e version which is their own version of Megu Mell. I personally dislike Toei so I didn't get either ticket nor CD.

To sum it up, here's a list of Magu Mell:
The full version
The short version
The off vocal version

The cockcool mix
The cockcool mix short version
The cockcool mix off vocal

The KyoAni version of cockcool mix.

The frequency->e version by Toei

P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeiku View Post
I'm really confused on how the remix of "Mag Mell" is meant to be called.

I've seen various sources label the original remix of this song as "cockool mix," which of course is the remix of the first version. However, when it was mixed yet again for the anime it was labeled as "cuckool mix." Essentially, which is meant to be the correct spelling? Also it would help me a lot if someone could show to me exactly how it is spelled on the back cover of the original Clannad game soundtrack, since I can't find a large-enough quality scan to see for myself.

Any help will be much appreciated. This has been bothering me for a while and figured I might as well ask.
The game soundtrack CD says cockcool mix, unless my eyes are wrong...
Old 2007-10-26, 19:12   Link #87
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Wink

Shoujo no Gensou ZTS Remix 11 min of pure rhythm
Old 2007-10-26, 19:13   Link #88
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I love the instrumental of だんご大家族!! Especially the newly arranged instrumental interlude section. Absolutely surreal...
Old 2007-10-26, 19:23   Link #89
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
AS member Revolution Boi posted about his Meg Mell remix earlier. Today he finished a remix of "A Tiny Palm". He's created a thread in the Fan Creations forum where he has downloads to those as well as a couple of other mixes he's done from other series' songs.

I highly recommend checking them out. I enjoy the heck out of them.
Old 2007-10-27, 05:31   Link #90
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
And an interesting note: the KyoAni anime used the cockool mix version for the anime OP, and without any alternations(not that I notice) but they released it as a new song none the less...(or maybe my ears aren't good enough to find out the difference)
After listening to both, they are vastly different, though indeed, the anime version used the original cockool mix as the base.
But the very start of the song, and various "synthesizer" effects and the loud violin are part of the original mix, while the anime version is more harmonious in that regard. I think the 2007 is more "instrumental" than its game remix counterpart, with less "invasive" sounds and such, but more chorus.

In fact, the 2007 puts more emphasis on the tempo, and thus, giving some spike and contrast between the verses. (though around 2:00, both songs are using the same shift of pace)
Old 2007-10-27, 06:03   Link #91
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

The 2007 remix of Meg Meil is slightly longer in the "middle section" of the chorus (the parts where the girls names are being introduced in the OP). The original Meg Meil has only two lines while going straight for the end section while cockool remix has four lines.

And as mentioned, Dango Daikazoku is simple yet excellent. It can be used as in a school just to teach kids basic Japanese. I'm even thinking of taking its off vocal version for my mobile phone ring tone.

It embodies the essence of the show, since the lyrics is written by none other than Clannad scenario writer Maeda Jun himself.
Old 2007-10-27, 08:22   Link #92
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I would really love a piano transcription of the instrumental of だんご大家族, because although it maintains the roots from 渚 and 小さなてのひら, it varies enough to be a whole different song standing on its own two feet. Too bad I can only play by ear, and not that great at that...
Old 2007-10-27, 09:43   Link #93
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
I would really love a piano transcription of the instrumental of だんご大家族, because although it maintains the roots from 渚 and 小さなてのひら, it varies enough to be a whole different song standing on its own two feet. Too bad I can only play by ear, and not that great at that...
Here you go.
Old 2007-10-27, 12:53   Link #94
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Here you go.
Hmm, that's a violin version.... er, if anyone wants my chord progression corresponding to the melody of the violin version given by iamandragon it's...

Er, there might be inaccuracies but oh well.. >< Should be somewhere there... Didn't really try out the song, and it was by ear too D:
Old 2007-10-27, 18:12   Link #95
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Thanks guys... I'll try modifying 小さなてのひら and 渚 to fit the new tune, especially the new interlude of だんご大家族. I think I've got the chord progressions for that section down...
Old 2007-10-27, 22:03   Link #96
Eviltape

Woo, HDTV Quality time. Seriously. Thanks to a certain video encoding board, a method was found to get HDTV video at the cost of size and the seek bar. Not much of a big sacrifice, is it? Maybe I'll do the subtitle-less ones later, if all of you want it.

PAUSE 1 MINUTE BEFORE WATCHING VIDEO TO AVOID LAG. VIEW IN FULLSCREEN TO 'UNMUSH' THE VIDEO.

Clannad OP - Mag Mell/メグメル Megu Meru

Clannad ED - Big Dango Family/だんご大家族 Dango Daikazoku

Last edited by Eviltape; 2007-10-28 at 06:28. Reason: Changed links to RAWs.
Old 2007-10-27, 22:23   Link #97
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltape View Post
Woo, HDTV Quality time. Seriously. Thanks to a certain video encoding board, a method was found to get HDTV video at the cost of size and the seek bar. Not much of a big sacrifice, is it? Maybe I'll do the subtitle-less ones later, if all of you want it.

PAUSE 1 MINUTE BEFORE WATCHING VIDEO TO AVOID LAG. VIEW IN FULLSCREEN TO 'UNMUSH' THE VIDEO.

==Youtube Vids==
Hey, those are SS-Eclipse's subs... are you sure you were permitted to upload those?
Old 2007-10-28, 02:32   Link #98
Yttrasil

Sorry to say this, without being sarcastic in any way. It's people like you that makes the world go backwards. Get a grip and don't spoil the effort he has put into this, also as a fansubber I wouldn't mind someone putting it on youtube instead of for example suki or any other place especially not the ED. It's not as if they have any financial interest only releasing it on their site, it's by fans for the fans right? Just think of all the time that would go wasted if people think like you! A stupid metaphor for this can be; if someone stole a wallet and a third person tries to get it back from the thief running against a red light and then get blamed by the community for taking that action.

I would be surprised if there were alot more people that has the same opinion as you do, putting the OP on youtube is a hella lot bigger crime than adding some subs to it and putting it up there btw

So thanks for that nice link, i really love the Dango dai kazouku really grows on you after some time too bad the full version isn't as "majestic" as fast as the OP version is. =)

Off topic: How do you get that good quality at youtube? Only thought stage6 had that feature!
Old 2007-10-28, 03:02   Link #99
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yttrasil View Post
Sorry to say this, without being sarcastic in any way. It's people like you that makes the world go backwards. Get a grip and don't spoil the effort he has put into this, also as a fansubber I wouldn't mind someone putting it on youtube instead of for example suki or any other place especially not the ED. It's not as if they have any financial interest only releasing it on their site, it's by fans for the fans right? Just think of all the time that would go wasted if people think like you! A stupid metaphor for this can be; if someone stole a wallet and a third person tries to get it back from the thief running against a red light and then get blamed by the community for taking that action.

I would be surprised if there were alot more people that has the same opinion as you do, putting the OP on youtube is a hella lot bigger crime than adding some subs to it and putting it up there btw
Whoa... chill mate! No need to get all defensive. I was merely asking a question. And as a fansubber myself, I also wouldn't give a rat's proverbial ass if someone uploaded my content too, but some credit should be given if due.

I shall leave it at that. But you can continue if it makes you feel better.
Old 2007-10-28, 05:44   Link #100
Eviltape

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Hey, those are SS-Eclipse's subs... are you sure you were permitted to upload those?
Wow, I completely forgot to do that.

Alright, some raws on the way.
Closed Thread