AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-22, 03:20   Link #281
kujoe
from head to heel

Do they even have enough manpower for a remake of FFVII? While the idea of a remake of FFVII is a no-brainer, that would involve a lot of resources in this generation, and with SE focusing on expanding the universe of FFXIII, I would like to see just how they'll be able to accomplish such a project. No DS adaptation for this one. Fans hoping for such a thing will expect no less than a next gen FFVII remake.

As for me... Has anyone seen those CG movies of the FFIV remake on the DS? They should've made the game just like that! Oh, my hopes and dreams dashed to pieces...

Also, where's the new Chrono game Square? Where's my Front Mission 5 for the US?! There's no way I'm going to import the JP version. And please give us a new FF Tactics game in the same spirit as the original in the PS!
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 11:53   Link #282
arias

I played and completed Front Mission 5 JP.

Despite not understanding the text. It was an AMAZING game. Best FM to date.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 14:00   Link #283
kujoe
from head to heel

Oh great. Now I feel tempted to import it.

The last FM game I played in Japanese was FM3. Despite understanding the text a little, there are just too many technical terms in kanji.
Old 2008-01-22, 18:07   Link #284
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya, i do hope there will be an FFVII remake... i mean they have done so much for FFVII already and if they plan to stop it by the 20th anniversary then i would imagine they would want to make a remake of the original to cap it all off... though grant it, when it comes to an FFVII remake, one would ask if it need to be PS3 instead of PS2... given the FFXII treatment, FFVII would still look pretty damn good and it would cost as much time/money/man power to make... ofcourse, PS3 would always be prettier

And Square does seem to be liking making remakes... FFIV is coming out next, and i can't help but think they will follow that trend with remakes of FFV and FFVI... grant it though, i'd rather FFVI get better treatment than other others, being given something more like FFXII treatment and come out on the PS2... or atleast FFXIII; i just prefer the more realistic style as opposed to the super defomred style that are using for FFIV
Yeah, I believe at the last Square-Enix party, there was an event where all the fans would write down what game they wanted most and the majority of them wrote down "Final Fantasy on the PS3". Not to mention that the tech demo was on the PS3 as well. I think it's safe to say that IF there were to be a remake we all know which system it's going to be on.

Yeah there have been alot of remakes lately. I think they've already remade practically all of the older Final Fantasy games. Not just by making it 3D but also updating sprites, adding better quality music, and adding FMVs too. I would rather any other remakes on a system with better graphical capabilities as well. I don't think the DS is the system to choose if you're going to remake a game. If we've already played the game, why play it on a system that can't render graphics noticeably better than that of the N64? I say if they remake games they should be on the systems that are currently the best, graphically. If FFIV were remade with new graphics to match the Wii, PS3 or the 360 I would go so far as to buying the game AND the console if I didn't have it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Do they even have enough manpower for a remake of FFVII? While the idea of a remake of FFVII is a no-brainer, that would involve a lot of resources in this generation, and with SE focusing on expanding the universe of FFXIII, I would like to see just how they'll be able to accomplish such a project. No DS adaptation for this one. Fans hoping for such a thing will expect no less than a next gen FFVII remake.
Yeah, I think Nomura said that they didn't have enough workers to currently work on anything like a VII remake because of FFXIII, but he never said anything about after XIII was completed. ^_~

Quote:
As for me... Has anyone seen those CG movies of the FFIV remake on the DS? They should've made the game just like that! Oh, my hopes and dreams dashed to pieces...
Which is why I would have rathered it on anything but the DS. I would still play it though, and the new "Theme of Love" with lyrics amazed me as well. Love that song.

And if anyone wants to hear it... CLICK MEH Flac file.

Quote:
Also, where's the new Chrono game Square? Where's my Front Mission 5 for the US?! There's no way I'm going to import the JP version. And please give us a new FF Tactics game in the same spirit as the original in the PS!
I was hoping for a new Chono game for a while, but interviews say that they don't plan on making another one for a while. They DID regester a new Chrono game called, "Chono Break" a long while ago, but it was said to have been dropped, but the name is still registered with S-E, so you never know.

As for tactics. FFXII and FFXIII are made by the same director, and you can tell by how the story in XII is. Not only by the world of Ivalice and some characters, but how the story is a bit more intricate than your average FF. It's not exactly the same since it isn't a tactics game, but the story gives off a similar feel.

And I never played Front Mission games so I can't comment on that. =)
Old 2008-01-22, 19:13   Link #285
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacloudstrife View Post
Yeah there have been alot of remakes lately. I think they've already remade practically all of the older Final Fantasy games. Not just by making it 3D but also updating sprites, adding better quality music, and adding FMVs too. I would rather any other remakes on a system with better graphical capabilities as well. I don't think the DS is the system to choose if you're going to remake a game. If we've already played the game, why play it on a system that can't render graphics noticeably better than that of the N64? I say if they remake games they should be on the systems that are currently the best, graphically. If FFIV were remade with new graphics to match the Wii, PS3 or the 360 I would go so far as to buying the game AND the console if I didn't have it already.
Well, the thing is, one thing you need to take into account is the costs and manpower it takes to make such games, Vs the other games Square is making and how much money they stand to make off the remakes...

While working on other PS3 games they don't have as much manpower for other games, not to mention that the overall sales of the remakes tend not to be as great as the sales of the newer games i think... As it stands, the current generation of consoles are too costly for remakes. That's why i would actually hope and expect remakes on the PS2 level for now... compared to the PS3 is much less costly, but at the same time the graphics are great enough that it would do the old games justice.

The way i see REAL remakes being done is having the remakes made for consoles 2 generations ahead of the console they came out on; any sooner and it's not worth it, any later and now it's feels to costly... So for FFIII (nes), a remake on DS was just about right since that is about the N64/PS1 era... FF4-6 should be PS2... FFVII-9 should all wait to be remade on the PS3 but only when making them on the PS3 becomes much less costly; which unfortunatly means waiting till like the next generation of consoles cause it is only then will technology evolved enough that making games on the PS3 won't be as troublesome.

Grant it though, one option for Square is that they could take a break after FFXIII and put the NEXT game in the franchise on hold, and concentrate most of their manpower on the creation of remakes of all of the old classics; if they did that, then they would have the manpower to do what they want with the old games... certain FF games like 4, 6 and 7 damn well deserve a serious makeover into the newest gen... i'd also throw in the original FFTactics for serious remaking; how about instead of just giving us some cutscenes in a fancy new style, they remake the whole game using that fancy new style! ... frankly, given being made in the newest graphics, i think the games would still sell well... what i said before about them not selling aswell as new games, when i think about it, is really an errored statement on the account that the fact that the games are remade for non-current generation consoles (DS, PSP, PS2, etc) is probably the biggest reason for them not selling aswell as newer games
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 20:20   Link #286
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Yeah, I think Nomura said that they didn't have enough workers to currently work on anything like a VII remake because of FFXIII, but he never said anything about after XIII was completed. ^_~
That can be a bit of a problem then as far as FFVII is concerned. SE outlined their plans for the Fabula Nova Crystallis universe last year, and it's pretty ambitious. If the majority of those future titles is meant for the DS or PSP (or mobile phones), then maybe they'll find the time and the resources to go back to FFVII and give it the remake treatment. Unless, of course if Nomura was just referring to main FFXIII game, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Personally, I prefer that they focus their efforts on newer ground in the meantime, and explore the other IPs they have under their belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacloudstrife
As for tactics. FFXII and FFXIII are made by the same director, and you can tell by how the story in XII is. Not only by the world of Ivalice and some characters, but how the story is a bit more intricate than your average FF. It's not exactly the same since it isn't a tactics game, but the story gives off a similar feel.
Not really. FFT is a SRPG set in a purely medieval setting. Though FFXII and FFT are related in spirit, they're very different games. We have FFTA (1&2) for the DS, and while those games aren't really bad, they also remind me of how I miss the original.

Actually, the game that came across to me as the closest to FFT in terms of story and atmosphere is Vagrant Story.
Old 2008-01-22, 22:56   Link #287
Zoe

New scans are leaking as I type
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 23:54   Link #288
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

FFVII remake 5 years for 300 workers? What the hell?! They already have everything designed and the whole story written out and such!

Though CGed Tifa is such thx
Old 2008-01-23, 04:13   Link #289
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well, the thing is, one thing you need to take into account is the costs and manpower it takes to make such games, Vs the other games Square is making and how much money they stand to make off the remakes...

While working on other PS3 games they don't have as much manpower for other games, not to mention that the overall sales of the remakes tend not to be as great as the sales of the newer games i think... As it stands, the current generation of consoles are too costly for remakes. That's why i would actually hope and expect remakes on the PS2 level for now... compared to the PS3 is much less costly, but at the same time the graphics are great enough that it would do the old games justice.

The way i see REAL remakes being done is having the remakes made for consoles 2 generations ahead of the console they came out on; any sooner and it's not worth it, any later and now it's feels to costly... So for FFIII (nes), a remake on DS was just about right since that is about the N64/PS1 era... FF4-6 should be PS2... FFVII-9 should all wait to be remade on the PS3 but only when making them on the PS3 becomes much less costly; which unfortunatly means waiting till like the next generation of consoles cause it is only then will technology evolved enough that making games on the PS3 won't be as troublesome.

Grant it though, one option for Square is that they could take a break after FFXIII and put the NEXT game in the franchise on hold, and concentrate most of their manpower on the creation of remakes of all of the old classics; if they did that, then they would have the manpower to do what they want with the old games... certain FF games like 4, 6 and 7 damn well deserve a serious makeover into the newest gen... i'd also throw in the original FFTactics for serious remaking; how about instead of just giving us some cutscenes in a fancy new style, they remake the whole game using that fancy new style! ... frankly, given being made in the newest graphics, i think the games would still sell well... what i said before about them not selling aswell as new games, when i think about it, is really an errored statement on the account that the fact that the games are remade for non-current generation consoles (DS, PSP, PS2, etc) is probably the biggest reason for them not selling aswell as newer games
I was merely stating what I wanted. I know that it costs money and people to get those kind of projects done, but I think it would be better to actually take time and remake them properly instead of remaking them with a tight budget and a smaller group of developers.

And although it would be cheaper to create the games for the PS2, Square-Enix has never begun production on a game for an older system. They haven't created a PSone game since the PS2 came out, nor have they created an advanced game when the DS came out.(Well FFIV and VI came out in the US when the DS was out, but that was only in the US, not Japan) And the same is more than likely going to be the case now that the PS3 is out. I very much doubt that a Final Fantasy, remake or not, is going to come out for the PS2 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujoe
That can be a bit of a problem then as far as FFVII is concerned. SE outlined their plans for the Fabula Nova Crystallis universe last year, and it's pretty ambitious. If the majority of those future titles is meant for the DS or PSP (or mobile phones), then maybe they'll find the time and the resources to go back to FFVII and give it the remake treatment. Unless, of course if Nomura was just referring to main FFXIII game, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Personally, I prefer that they focus their efforts on newer ground in the meantime, and explore the other IPs they have under their belt.
Ah, but Fabula Nova Crystallis, as stated by the president of S-E, could last a decade. From the way he said it, a decade is only a possibility and would probably be the furthest extent of the series. And it was said that it's comparable to what the Compilation of FFVII is. I don't think they'll be creating massive titles as big as XIII and vsXIII again and again. I'm thinking more along the lines of handheld games, perhaps more mobile games, and animes, books, and such just like what FFVII is.

But yeah, either way if Fabula Nova Crystallis is going to span a decade at the very most, and if the next titles aren't going to be as huge as XIII and vsXIII(which is probably going to be the case) so as to free some room for enough devs then I think there's room for a VII remake within the 20 year span of VII games.

Quote:
FFVII remake 5 years for 300 workers? What the hell?! They already have everything designed and the whole story written out and such!
Yeah, I found it pretty hard to believe as well. But Nomura said that he would have alot in mind for a VII remake. He commented on a few things he planned; for example, he said that the characters equipment and weapons would be visible at all times, even during cutscenes(which would mean the graphics would be close to FMV form)

I guess it could take awhile if they were to make the game that much more detailed. And not to mention that Nomura stated that all of the Final Fantasy games that were first created aren't actually "finished". We could be playing FFVII as it was meant to be played. Of course alot of fans are against that, stating that Final Fantasy VII is good the way it is and shouldn't be tampered with. Basically the "don't fix what isn't broken" quote is brought up alot. Along with "Square is milking FFVII" and such and such.

EDIT: In game screens of vsXIII.

Last edited by Mistacloudstrife; 2008-01-23 at 09:02.
Mistacloudstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 16:01   Link #290
Slayerx

Quote:
And although it would be cheaper to create the games for the PS2, Square-Enix has never begun production on a game for an older system. They haven't created a PSone game since the PS2 came out, nor have they created an advanced game when the DS came out.(Well FFIV and VI came out in the US when the DS was out, but that was only in the US, not Japan) And the same is more than likely going to be the case now that the PS3 is out. I very much doubt that a Final Fantasy, remake or not, is going to come out for the PS2 now.
Well, it is possible to make the games for PSP and have them ported to PS2... though knowing Square's history, i doubt they would port to PS2... Guess if we want to see a graphically strong remake, we are more likely to see it on PSP than on a console... y'know, despite that fact their are 120 million PS2 owners in the world and FAR far fewer PSP owners
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 18:47   Link #291
Iron Maw
Banned

Famitsu Scans are up in HQ!

FFXIII
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/fam1.jpg
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/fam2.jpg
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/fam3.jpg
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/fam4.jpg
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/fam5.jpg
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/fam6.jpg

FFvXIII
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/fam7.jpg
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/fam8.jpg
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/fam9.jpg
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/fam10.jpg
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/fam11.jpg
http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/fam12.jpg

Some info from the Famitsu and Dengeki Magazines.

Quote:
FF13: An excerpt from an article in this week's magazine: 'Thoughts determined, times have matured."

- Nomura: "2008 will be the year. There will be tons of news bits, info on characters and summons, and an unexpected connection between the keywords Cocoon and Farushi.
- We're aiming for a demo to give players a hands on on the battle system.
- FF13's theme: determination.
- Farushi: Their existence surpasses humans.
- Rushi: Those chosen by Farushi to carry out a mission. The pigtail girl is a Rushi. Farushi is not the Crystal.
- Mr. 33cm is also a Rushi.
- This time summons are in digital form.
- A new monster that looks like a cross between a turtle and elephant.
- The red thing on Carbuncle's head is a ruby.
- Hint on release date: "I wonder when we'll be able to sleep..."
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 20:06   Link #292
kujoe
from head to heel

A demo?! Another use for my Japanese PSN account!
Old 2008-01-23, 21:21   Link #293
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I get 403 errors when trying to access the links... Anyone else?
Old 2008-01-24, 00:28   Link #294
Demongod86

Yeah me. I couldn't see sh!t.
Old 2008-01-24, 00:31   Link #295
Demongod86

LOL Yuna is in FFXIIIvs with a French looking rapier now! O_O...
Old 2008-01-24, 02:14   Link #296
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
LOL Yuna is in FFXIIIvs with a French looking rapier now! O_O...
Well, here's the important question:

Are those real time pics of actual gameplay? The characters seem to be casting a spell or something.

As for those links, directly clicking on them doesn't seem to work. Try pasting the links on the address bar of your browser and go there manually. It worked for me. Well anyway, they seem to be working now.

Hmmm, I think FFXIIIvs is starting to be become more interesting than FFXIII for me right now.
Old 2008-01-24, 12:53   Link #297
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Well, here's the important question:

Are those real time pics of actual gameplay? The characters seem to be casting a spell or something.

As for those links, directly clicking on them doesn't seem to work. Try pasting the links on the address bar of your browser and go there manually. It worked for me. Well anyway, they seem to be working now.

Hmmm, I think FFXIIIvs is starting to be become more interesting than FFXIII for me right now.
All I have to say is that by next generation, I would *not* be surprised if Final Fantasy might as well have real actors, because with those CGs, I can barely tell the difference between them and real life, but it doesn't have the feeling of "real" yet. By next generation, on PS4 (whenever it comes out), I have a feeling that actors just may become obsolete.
Old 2008-01-24, 14:39   Link #298
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

found this today
http://www.psu.com/Final-Fantasy-Ver...0002523-p0.php
Old 2008-01-24, 15:58   Link #299
Lesca

When I first saw those two scans I didn't think they were in game pictures so...wow that's some pretty impressive graphics, they're really making good use of the PS3.

I'd like to know what they mean when they say the summons will be in digital form and I read somewhere that the girl with the bow and pigtails from FFXIII is called Luci, anyone know if there's any truth to that?
Old 2008-01-24, 16:31   Link #300
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesca View Post
I'd like to know what they mean when they say the summons will be in digital form and I read somewhere that the girl with the bow and pigtails from FFXIII is called Luci, anyone know if there's any truth to that?
I think they mean that summons are going to be originated from computers, or something along those lines. I'm thinking a more mature version of digimon. But I could be completely off on that. =) I think they're saying that, because Shiva seems to be some sort of motorcycle. Perhaps summons are going to be used outside of battle as well. It would be kind of weird riding around a Shiva-cycle though. Perhaps summons are going to be part-machine in the game. There are a quite a few possibilities...

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360