Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-29, 13:57   Link #321
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacloudstrife View Post
I for one think that FFXIII and vsXIII are worth getting a PS3. Can't count out Metal Gear 4 either. But I'm not going to buy a PS3 until one of these games(or an equally tempting game) comes out. I'm fairly sure that alot of people are waiting for one of these games as well before they decide to purchase one.
You hit the spot! I am one of those people waiting for FF/MGS to buy the PS3 and I know plenty of people who are in the same boat as us.
Anima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 14:11   Link #322
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Final Fantasy To Be realesed in 2008{i highly doubt it tho}

http://www.psu.com/Square-promises-t...0002577-p0.php
Okay, so let’s just cut to the chase. Entering into 2008, the question that was on many PlayStation 3 owners’ mind was whether or not Final Fantasy XIII would be released in 2008.

For the Japanese, the answer to that may be closer to what they want to hear, while for European/North Americans, fear of it slipping into 2009 was a clear belief. Now both sides should feel a bit of reassurance as Square-Enix promises that FFXIII will release in 2008.

Final Fantasy XIII character designer, Testuya Nomura, has commented that the Fabula Nova Crystallis collection will be coming shortly. He promised that the game would receive a 2008 release date (Whether this is Japan or all regions are still unknown). He also hints at a possible playable demo of FFXIII on the PlayStation Network before the release.

Now whether or not Mr. Nomura truly believes this or is he just pulling a PR stunt remains to be unknown. For now though, patience is the best policy. For PS3 owners, the year 2008 clearly has an ample amount of content to offer from what we’ve seen, so our wait for a Final Fantasy game shouldn’t be that hard
Old 2008-01-30, 16:23   Link #323
Zoe

Those statements have been confirmed to be bogus by SE.

It's still possible it could come out in 2008 (and I personally believe it will), but the original people who spread that story misunderstood the quote from Nomura.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 00:11   Link #324
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Seeing how Square tends to delay releases of their big titles, I highly doubt it'll be out this year. I'm thinking after they set an estimated release date, it'll actually be 3-4 months after that. =P I don't mind though. The longer it takes to be released, the more time I have to save up for a PS3. Long enough, and I'll just get the higher end PS3. >=)

Quote:
You hit the spot! I am one of those people waiting for FF/MGS to buy the PS3 and I know plenty of people who are in the same boat as us.
There we go. My friends are also planning on getting one after MGS4 or FFXIII come out too, so my theory isn't without some sort of basis.
Old 2008-01-31, 00:21   Link #325
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well I do think it will be out this year but if it ain't I sure GTAIV can tide me over till then, that I'm sure GTAIV will be out this year and hopefully game of the year

I'm afraid to say that if both games do come out this year, I'll probably root for GTAIV as I just think the entertainment value of even 1 GTA game can best a whole game series.

But then I've been looking forward to Versus for soo long, I really feel quite restless waiting!!
Old 2008-01-31, 16:34   Link #326
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
In all honesty I've NEVER thought that Microsoft would lose out in this console war. I'm shocked the shareholders let the game division suffer more than US$5 billion in losses, but it's going to be rich black returns for Microsoft from now on. It's almost frightening to me. They really should have been split into two companies per the monopoly fiasco years back.
That loss you see is partially because they're pumping their Xbox division with the money they have from their Windows monopoly--they're the only company that actually manufactures the machines at a loss. Of course, considering they're the richest company alive, they won't go down without a fight... whatever money can buy for them, they will. Luckily enough, this coincides with Vista being a major fluke.

I'm actually quite happy to see them fall, what with my general hatred towards MS, my PS fanboyism and all

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 21:02   Link #327
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
That loss you see is partially because they're pumping their Xbox division with the money they have from their Windows monopoly--they're the only company that actually manufactures the machines at a loss. Of course, considering they're the richest company alive, they won't go down without a fight... whatever money can buy for them, they will. Luckily enough, this coincides with Vista being a major fluke.

I'm actually quite happy to see them fall, what with my general hatred towards MS, my PS fanboyism and all
I thought the PS3 actually costs more to manufacture than what they're selling for. I know it was true when the PS3 first came out, and I heard they were able to cut manufacturing costs but it still wasn't enough to even break even. Maybe I'm behind the times. >.O I'll have to read up on this.
Old 2008-02-01, 15:12   Link #328
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
I thought the PS3 actually costs more to manufacture than what they're selling for. I know it was true when the PS3 first came out, and I heard they were able to cut manufacturing costs but it still wasn't enough to even break even. Maybe I'm behind the times. >.O I'll have to read up on this.
As far as I know, the initial delay of the PS3 was due to Sony trying to cut manufacturing costs in order to get some profit out of it. Don't take my word for it, though... if my previous post happens to be full of a certain browny material, blame the Internet

Old 2008-02-01, 20:15   Link #329
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacloudstrife View Post
Actually, i forget where i read it, but i do recall reading that the most recent reports say that they have cut their manufacturing costs down to half of what it was... i think they started at $800 when they first launched the consoles, but have worked down the costs to $400 (though not sure if this is only the 40GB version, or the 80GB; probably the former)... if true, Sony is now breaking even with their consoles sales and possibly getting some profit... i wouldn't be surprised to see another price cut by the time the next big buying season comes around; probably not to big though, just enough to match the 360's price)
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 21:14   Link #330
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Actually, i forget where i read it, but i do recall reading that the most recent reports say that they have cut their manufacturing costs down to half of what it was... i think they started at $800 when they first launched the consoles, but have worked down the costs to $400 (though not sure if this is only the 40GB version, or the 80GB; probably the former)... if true, Sony is now breaking even with their consoles sales and possibly getting some profit... i wouldn't be surprised to see another price cut by the time the next big buying season comes around; probably not to big though, just enough to match the 360's price)
Read up a bit. Yeah, it's true that manufacturing costs are down by half now, but it's predicted that Sony won't break even from the loss they took from the manufacturing of the old systems until late 2009. That's only if the amount of PS3s sell as constantly as they are now, there aren't any price drops, and whatnot. Knowing Sony though, I think if they get into a decent position where the software is selling constantly enough we'll get to see a good price drop, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

And I'm not sure about this, but isn't Microsoft losing tons of money off of every 360 sold? Add in the money they lose from replacing the original faulty 360s and they're in a pretty bad situation. >_> I do think that their decision to push the 360 out first was a good one though. If they hadn't I think it would be a complete repeat with the last generation consoles.(Sony and MS-wise anyway)
Old 2008-02-04, 17:32   Link #331
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
And I'm not sure about this, but isn't Microsoft losing tons of money off of every 360 sold? Add in the money they lose from replacing the original faulty 360s and they're in a pretty bad situation.
They're the richest software company alive. They'll never be in a bad situation, or at least not in the foreseeable future. 95% of the world is using their operating system, and even piracy is beneficial to them, given their lock-in business model.

Old 2008-02-07, 20:46   Link #332
King Lycan
*IT Support

New Info Folks

http://www.psu.com/New-Details-on-FF...0002666-p0.php
The latest Famitsu, which was translated by members of our forums, revealed quite a bit of new information surrounding Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII. The information is in regards to the character design process for Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII and the prince of Versus XIII.

Tetsuya Nomura, the character designer for both games stated in reference to Lightning that she is very strict to herself and others and can't stand others who whine. She also has muscular legs and is like a military soldier. Motomu Toriyama, the scenario writer for FFXIII originally wanted Lightning to be even more muscular and macho. Nomura disagreed and thought that people wouldn't be fond of her as the main character if she was designed that way which we would have to agree as those body building females aren't so aesthetically pleasing.

Versus XIII is different. The hero's clothes that we have seen will most likely be changed and contrary to what some people are expecting, he will not be similar to Cloud or Squall from the previous Final Fantasy games. Nomura did state that everyone's impression on him will greatly change once they hear him speak and that many people may not like him. His name will be related to weather like Lightning and Cloud, but considering that Nomura has gotten bored of that tradition it may possibly just be a surname.

Nomura has also stated he will reveal the characters name the next time he talks about Versus XIII
Old 2008-02-08, 16:06   Link #333
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well, this new information tells us that lightning is a tsundere. Furthermore, whoever said that Lightning needed to be a woman bodybuilder to have muscular legs doesn't know that there is a women's soccer world cup every 4 years. Seriously look at Brandi Chastain or Mia Hamm or Hope Solo or Abby Weimbach -_-

Well at least we know that vs. XIII will go back to naming the main character after weather, and both of the good FFs have had that (Cloud, Tide-us), as opposed to the trash FFs (Zidane, Vahn).

Imma trust Nomura to make this a spectacular game--otherwise the PS3 will flop hands down.
Old 2008-02-08, 19:37   Link #334
kujoe
from head to heel

Oh god.

Nomura... I tend to be pretty ambivalent when it comes to his work. There are times when I like his stuff (e.g., Advent Children makeovers), but there are also others that make me want to facepalm myself. (e.g., Tidus' character design)

Nomura is a talented guy, but I also hope to see fresh offerings from different designers and artists. Too much of him isn't good for the series in the long run in my opinion.

Last edited by kujoe; 2008-02-08 at 19:59.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 21:32   Link #335
King Lycan
*IT Support

thanks for the info
hurry up and tell us the release date
Old 2008-02-16, 03:51   Link #336
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
New scans from Famitsu... it keeps getting better. Can't wait.

* Nomura: "2008 will be the year. There will be tons of news bits, info on characters and summons, and an unexpected connection between the keywords Cocoon and Farushi.
* We're trying to release a "battle system demo" during 2008.
* Final Fantasy XIII's theme: determination.
* Farsi: Their existence surpasses humans.
* Lucy: Those chosen by Farsi to carry out a mission. The pigtail girl is a Lucy.
* Mr. 33cm is also a Rushi.
* This time summons are in digital form.
* A new monster that looks like a cross between a turtle and elephant.
* The red thing on Carbuncle's head is a ruby.
* Hint on release date: "I wonder when we'll be able to sleep..."

We got all that info already. =O

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=303
Old 2008-02-16, 11:14   Link #337
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

question: who is the cutie with the pigtails??! can't say I remember seeing her before, shame on me!
Old 2008-02-23, 17:46   Link #338
Crisano

Bonta, I believe her name has not been revealed yet. People simply call her Pigtails girl.
Also, at GDC, it was announced that the White Engine has been renamed to "Crystal Tools". Also, Square Enix showed new FFXIII concept images at GDC. Hopefully, the new concept images will be shown soon.
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 18:07   Link #339
Amray

I am positive Square-Enix will not let us down.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 16:42   Link #340
Maakasu

Send a message via MSN to Maakasu
i'm hoping that we see a release date soon and a demo even sooner but i wouldn't take my chances. I'm a FF fan so i always look for info
Maakasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360