AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-06, 20:37   Link #601
Midonin
Last Engage

Episode 5 was a lot of fun - this series is looking pretty solid so far. The best part had to be Yume walking out with the pots and pans. "To the front lines!"...a little too late. She's so cute.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 20:49   Link #602
UPR

Man I loved ep 5. Especially after Hato-nee cut the ropes from Ren and looked like she was going to kill Beni for not protecting him. And she knew it.
Old 2008-02-06, 21:51   Link #603
vas_a_morir

Benisu is adorable.
vas_a_morir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 00:05   Link #604
slidingk1

There is nothing that is holy in this anime they will and shall make fun of everything. Is it just me or the tatoo that Beni has looks alot like its from black lagoon. Must admit this is one of the best series this season.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 00:37   Link #605
kujoe
from head to heel

Yeah, reminded me of Revy for a while there. Moreover Revy had a rough childhood as well.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 02:47   Link #606
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I just caught ep 4 and damn this anime is good..... By the way reguarding the butler den

Spoiler for ep4:
Old 2008-02-07, 03:12   Link #607
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post

Spoiler for ep4:

Yup that's it.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 05:24   Link #608
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Ironic how the seemingly most bland and derivative show is being considered one of the best of the season, and I would agree to that.

I like how the side characters all have a few brooding moments and darker undertones without letting it overwhelm the comedy and lighthearted moments.

There's tons of of overdependent sis-con, characters getting ignored (will Chiharu have a serious episode with his overt girlishness? ) and a lot of subtle things in the show beyond its fanservice comedy facade.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 08:10   Link #609
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 5 was enjoyable it was nice to get some backround info on Benisu. We can now see where she gets her tough exterior from, but she melts whenever Shinra touches her "Benisu are you hurt anywhere?, Ill give you body a check later" That moan Beniko let out was well........you get the point. I totally feel bad for those kidnappers i mean they did it on a whim and actually didnt mean that much harm but they paid for it with their lives? At this point its clear that Ren has a thing for Shinra which we have all seen but he also still has his sis-con as Beni pointed out but i dont know how much longer it will be that way. OMG that look Hato-nee shot Beni when she hugging Ren was so damn scary do not mess with Ren or you may find a needle in your neck. Beni was right though its almost like Hato-nee is more of a stalker than a protective big sister. But im sure Ren would react the same way if something had happened to his sister. Even though things are changing bit by bit they still have a strong bond and its hard not to love a character as beautiful Hato-nee. Im hoping we get an episode about Ren's attention turning more towards Shinra and how Hato-nee feels about it.

Next episode Yume goes psycho? looks interesting will we finally get some more development on her?

btw anyone catch that Shinra actually paid Yume a compliment while scolding Miyu?

Im hoping we eventually get some time for Natose since we see Ren think about her a bit. I find it interesting as well that Natose's name means Southern cross like the constellation i think thats what was said i wonder if the cross on her eye patch has any relation to that?

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-02-07 at 08:28.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 08:19   Link #610
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Yeah, reminded me of Revy for a while there. Moreover Revy had a rough childhood as well.
If Benisu didn't have that tattoo, i don't think any of us would have thought about that being a Revy reference.
Old 2008-02-07, 13:04   Link #611
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If Benisu didn't have that tattoo, i don't think any of us would have thought about that being a Revy reference.
Considering how they parodied sanzenien name in the anime i think that the tatto is referring to black lagoon... ( revy hair also red in color right?)

dude... ep6 preview ~Psycho Yume + Yume Note ~ must watch.

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 13:09   Link #612
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFrame View Post
Considering how they parodied sanzenien name in the anime i think that the tatto is referring to black lagoon... ( revy hair also red in color right?)

dude... ep6 preview ~Psycho Yume + Yume Note ~ must watch.
Im so wondering what happens if your name gets written in Yume's note. Shes too cute to cause death. Maybe the price of getting your name in the book is no one notices you lol.
Old 2008-02-07, 13:40   Link #613
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Ironic how the seemingly most bland and derivative show is being considered one of the best of the season, and I would agree to that....
It looks derivative, but then you realize everything has been twisted out of shape -- and it is not in the least bland. I despised this show when I first saw ep1. But I came back to check out ep3 and realized my mistake. Outrageous is good. And I don't even notice most of the references to other anime. The show is hilarious even without them. But thanks to the people whoa are pointing them out.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 13:49   Link #614
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFrame View Post
Redish/brown. But close enough for beni - here we have an alternate version of revi (though she still has her spunk attitude) XD

How is this series bland? It is harthen to think so in the first place

This is comedy + service done well to blend in with the story. Not overly excessive but just right. Reminds me of SnH though that series is still a legend amongst all comedies

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 17:21   Link #615
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
...This is comedy + service done well to blend in with the story. Not overly excessive but just right. Reminds me of SnH though that series is still a legend amongst all comedies
This show has already made twice the impression on me that SnH did. I liked the first ep of Seto no Hanayome, but gave up on it twice after that. Too one-note crazy for me, I think. Maybe I'd better try again.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 18:29   Link #616
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Man I loved ep 5. Especially after Hato-nee cut the ropes from Ren and looked like she was going to kill Beni for not protecting him. And she knew it.
naaa. the best part was when hato-nee appeared like a ninja all serious like, then proceed to kill the man with her hairpin.

Only to skip joyfully in the next moment to rescue ren.

i found that hilarious.
Old 2008-02-07, 18:38   Link #617
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
naaa. the best part was when hato-nee appeared like a ninja all serious like, then proceed to kill the man with her hairpin.

Only to skip joyfully in the next moment to rescue ren.

i found that hilarious.
And then turn back to the ninja thing against Beni.
Old 2008-02-07, 18:51   Link #618
kujoe
from head to heel

So... Who's going to win in a no holds barred, epic oneechan fight?

Natose or Hato-nee?

Natose's uber kicks or Hato-nee's oneechan tools!?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 19:16   Link #619
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I'll put my bets on hato nee...

She is a sly fox...despite her appearence

(I am a fool to think she was harmless in the past -___-).

@ Kaoru Chujo ~ I guess the comedy there isn't for everyone. But I suggest that you do finish watching it before giving a full opinion. That series is special for me so I hope it works for you if you decide to pick it up again

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 19:39   Link #620
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
So... Who's going to win in a no holds barred, epic oneechan fight?

Natose or Hato-nee?

Natose's uber kicks or Hato-nee's oneechan tools!?
Colonel would win.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, seinen