AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome 0 ~S.ifr~ Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 45 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 34 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-24, 20:12   Link #41
Teresa/Clare1415
Yuri Fangirl

Spoiler for Favorite quotes:

o.o Reminded me of 'Charlie the Unicorn' XD
Old 2008-02-24, 20:26   Link #42
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa/Clare1415 View Post
Spoiler for Favorite quotes:

o.o Reminded me of 'Charlie the Unicorn' XD
Yeah. I love that scene too.

Bruce: Hey, doesn't the church shun homosexuality?
Old 2008-02-24, 21:31   Link #43
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I must say that this, so far, is the best out of Sunrise in regards to Mai Otome. If they had made Mai Otome into an OVA series from the get-go, it would have been much better.

And Bruce is DA MAN! Breathing fire into that pipsqueak John's face was priceless. Willing to go as far as he did to protect Sifr is commendable. And this John Smith actually looks like a competent adversary.

So Rena's a monster even amongst Otome - looks like her seriousness augments her power, which is too much for the GEM to handle. She needs a 'G-stone'. XD

And Sifr is just like Arika while Rena is just like Nina...somebody got switched at birth...
Old 2008-02-24, 21:31   Link #44
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

I personally loved that scene of Raquel, Shion, Sifr and Bruce talking under the couch while Elliot is doing stuff to Lena up above. Especially since the other characters kept popping in, with Bruce just being the icing on the cake. XD
Old 2008-02-24, 21:50   Link #45
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master

Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
Hmm~ I wouldn't say Rena is just like Nina

Rena is more serious and regal then Sifr is, but I really love the fact that she has a bit of a playful/mischievious side to her. XD I mean, that cute little smile and wink she gave the Aswad member when she was "flying" alongside the train.

Plus she didn't get POed when Sifr pulled her into the bath. XD If that had been Nina.. oooh boy.
Old 2008-02-24, 22:31   Link #46
digi.amuro

Yeah, I have to say after seeing the subs, this was really the best ep of Otome so far. This in itself should have been what Otome was to be as HiME's successor. Now if only they can keep it up. Maybe afterwards, they can retcon Otome into an awesome OVA series too

That little scene behind the couch was great. Their interactions as a whole were just so fun to watch. Bruce is just what Otome needed...a cool guy that's not totally useless. When I first heard about the new Batman, I wasnt sure if I was gonna like her, but after seeing the first ep, I really like her...tho not more than her successor. The new principal seems alot tougher than even Natsuki, giving out kill orders and stuff. Wonder if Batman might be in trouble since she wasnt able to protect or kill Sifr, even if they do manage to get her back, tho maybe the principal will overlook it when they do retrieve her.
Old 2008-02-24, 22:58   Link #47
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
Maybe afterwards, they can retcon Otome into an awesome OVA series too
Wouldn't that be like, eh... retconning reality?
Old 2008-02-24, 23:00   Link #48
Same_Shark

After seeing the ED, did anyone else notice that the design of an Otome's civilian uniform kinda give hints to where they are from? Sakura Hazakura must be from Zipang.
Old 2008-02-24, 23:17   Link #49
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Not a bad OVA but still weird.

I mean,

Spoiler:

Oh yeah and Bruce FTW
Old 2008-02-24, 23:21   Link #50
Ippikiookami
One of many ShizNat fans

What's the deal with Shion's Church? After watching Mai Otome I had assumed the world didn't really have religion, since the only allusion to it was that old priest guy at Mashiro's coronation. Shion is obviously a powerful world figure if she has her own Meister Otome, yet since there is no mention of the church in the main Otome series it leads me to believe that the church loses most of its power or perhaps even disbands entirely by Arika's time.
Old 2008-02-24, 23:40   Link #51
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Just because most SF discards religion as an "outgrown silly superstition", or aliens playing gods, doesn't mean Otome has to follow suit.

And the church may have simply decided not to intervene in the events of the TV series.
Old 2008-02-24, 23:57   Link #52
Ippikiookami
One of many ShizNat fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
And the church may have simply decided not to intervene in the events of the TV series.
But they aren't mentioned even before the conflict with Nagi starts. As far as I know, they don't send a delegate to Mashiro's coronation (except perhaps that priest that we aren't even sure about), don't have a representative on the international council, and the Church's new Meister (unless it's still Raquel, which is unlikely) is never mentioned either. Suddenly having a church whose job is "to rescue people in need" and is also against homosexuality seems kinda like an asspull.
Old 2008-02-25, 00:21   Link #53
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
saw the sub version........excellent!!!!!
Huh. Judging from the poll results, I am one of the few that was not terribly impressed with Mai Otome 0. Not a bad first episode, but even as a fan of the original Mai Otome I thought it was not that great, either.

Quote:
wonder why Rena hesitate to materalise???????
It seems pretty obvious from events near the end of the episode, that she tends to "overload" her gem whenever she uses it and was afraid that eventually she would push it too far (like she did this time) and break it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urd View Post
(elliot seems too weak for a Collum..)
I agree. I thought that Collums were supposed to be the best of the best? She's comes across as a real loser compared to the uber-cool Sara Gallagher as the Galactic Aquamarine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urd View Post
Shamrock is a pretty bad ass ( can't picture Kruger telling Sara to kill someone like that!!!)
I kind of liked that. Nice to see a different "management style" in the head office at Gaderobe in this one and I'm guessing that's the set up for the "Rena against the Five Columns" battle that was touted in the pre-release publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
Because no matter how much I look at Rena she looks like Arika's mother and at the ending screenshot, if I'm not mistaken shes using the Zwei Blue sky o_O.
Ummm... yes? I take it that you have not been following the publicity about this OVA? It was pretty common knowledge from the first rumors about this OVA months ago that it was going to be about Arika's mother (Rena) and Nina's mother (Sifr).
Old 2008-02-25, 00:33   Link #54
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I agree. I thought that Collums were supposed to be the best of the best? She's comes across as a real loser compared to the uber-cool Sara Gallagher as the Galactic Aquamarine.
I think she just pales in comparison next to Lena. Plus, M-9 is also very powerful, almost on-par or maybe slightly even more powerful than Lena.
Old 2008-02-25, 00:33   Link #55
digi.amuro

Quote:
Wouldn't that be like, eh... retconning reality?
Retconning reality, huh? Well, it couldnt be too hard. Besides, didnt Sunrise try to retcon Zeta Gundam(tho I heard everyone hated the new version, it got u-surpt by the original,)

I highly doubt they'd pull a retcon tho, considering how much Sunrise seems to like Otome, with their constant milking of the Series. Glad to see they've taken a step in the right direction w/ their latest, tho at least.
Old 2008-02-25, 00:48   Link #56
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Well, it does seem like Sunrise is trying to pretend they never released HiME. Never mind that HiME is likely the main reason Otome got popular in the first place.
Old 2008-02-25, 01:40   Link #57
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippikiookami View Post
But they aren't mentioned even before the conflict with Nagi starts. As far as I know, they don't send a delegate to Mashiro's coronation (except perhaps that priest that we aren't even sure about), don't have a representative on the international council, and the Church's new Meister (unless it's still Raquel, which is unlikely) is never mentioned either. Suddenly having a church whose job is "to rescue people in need" and is also against homosexuality seems kinda like an asspull.
It may have been destroyed down the road who knows?

Or just one of those things they just threw in.
Old 2008-02-25, 06:37   Link #58
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Just because most SF discards religion as an "outgrown silly superstition", or aliens playing gods, doesn't mean Otome has to follow suit.

And the church may also not actually project that much power either. Just because it's a religion doesn't mean it has a lot of overt influence in the day to day lives of people.

Consider how the Japanese handle Shinto and Buddhist observances.
Old 2008-02-25, 09:06   Link #59
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I think Bruce said it like that to mess with Shion a bit. You'd notice that after Bruce says that, Shion's all 'WTF' for a moment and Lena goes behind her, chuckling.

Bruce probably did promised a nice 'donation' to them if they helped as Raquel teased but he wanted to have everyone look benevolant and good despite hiding their true intention of rescuing Sifr from the start.

What I want to know is, does Sifr's awakening of M-9 mean that the power to play the Harmonium is at work here? If that's the case...then no wonder Madame Principle told Elliot to kill Sifr...
Old 2008-02-25, 09:22   Link #60
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quite likely I think. Probably M-9 reacts to the DNA of the royal family of Windbloom, as it was the case with the Harmonium.
Maybe that's also why the Schwarz needed Sifr, to trigger with her DNA the activation of other weapons built in the past.
Closed Thread