AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-02-29, 21:53   Link #361
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Great graphics are pointless if they're boring to look at. Ooh, pretty picture. Yeah, that's pretty much understood. Why are we looking at it again?

This, among other reasons, was why FFXII was so horrid. Its story was garbage, and the music as well, was epic elevator music.
Old 2008-02-29, 21:53   Link #362
jesse55

i didn`t` play FF8 but 10 i did and it was good jus . . . very confusing i don`t really have any thing elsse other than tidus he was stupid but other than that i have nothing against it
jesse55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 09:12   Link #363
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
This, among other reasons, was why FFXII was so horrid. Its story was garbage, and the music as well, was epic elevator music.
I think it's all opinion. Some actually really love it compared to other FFs. I think it all dumbs down to what director/producer/composer you like. Final Fantasy XII heavily based on Final Fantasy Tactics. The producer of Tactics actually came up with the concept of FFXII and iirc it was directed by the same person who worked on Tactics as well. And from what I can see so far, alot of people that liked Tactics seem to like XII as well.

And it's been a while since Nomura/Uematsu/Nojima/Kitase have worked together on a numbered Final Fantasy. Now if only Sakaguchi had a good part in FFXIII/vsXIII... I would be in heaven.

And I just want to correct this...

Quote:
if you look at FF7 its graphs where very bad but the story was the alone real reason to play
FFVII graphics weren't very bad. They were very good. =P Best 3D RPG graphics of 1997; no contest. And the real reason to play any RPG is for story... or at least that's how it's supposed to be.
Old 2008-03-01, 10:38   Link #364
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I'll just add my 2 cents about the "play for cinematics" issues.
My main beef with Final Fantasy, maybe since FFVII, cinematics felt like the end, it feels like you were grinding to unlock them and watch them.
In Xenogears, they were here, but did not dominated the game in every aspects, outside of the dialogue, you can felt that the cinematics in Xenogears conveyed the story.
That's why I always thought that Xenogears was the best creation from Squaresoft since like more than ten years. It was not just about the cinematics, it was also about the compelling story and its characters. The gameplay departement was not left out, the combo system finally did physical attacks the justice they deserved, instead of just scrolling menu to whore your best summon or Ultima spell, and did I need to tell about the mech system? In term of gameplay, they gave you the urge to find out items that would let you optimize them, story-wise, they did not felt out of place.

There are reasons I tend to stay away from jrpgs in general, and cinematics and "whoring" of magic spell are two of them.

However, my favorite rpgs will always be Fallout 1 & 2, and Planescape Torment. (Deux Ex and System Shock 2 are in different realms (FPS + RPG))
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 11:18   Link #365
zetsumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacloudstrife View Post
I think it's all opinion. Some actually really love it compared to other FFs. I think it all dumbs down to what director/producer/composer you like. Final Fantasy XII heavily based on Final Fantasy Tactics. The producer of Tactics actually came up with the concept of FFXII and iirc it was directed by the same person who worked on Tactics as well. And from what I can see so far, alot of people that liked Tactics seem to like XII as well.

And it's been a while since Nomura/Uematsu/Nojima/Kitase have worked together on a numbered Final Fantasy. Now if only Sakaguchi had a good part in FFXIII/vsXIII... I would be in heaven.

And I just want to correct this...

FFVII graphics weren't very bad. They were very good. =P Best 3D RPG graphics of 1997; no contest. And the real reason to play any RPG is for story... or at least that's how it's supposed to be.

The first RPG that really captured my heart was Phantasy Star 4. I totally fell in love with the game. I can still remember the amazing story-line and the awesome cast of characters in the game and it been like 10 or something years. Thanks to PS4, I became an RPG gamer only (90% RPGs and 10% other).

I missed the old SNES and PS1 days were good RPGs were plentiful...oh well, until RPGs are worth buying again, I'll just replay my old RPGs collection. Sorry for being a little off topic.
zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 18:15   Link #366
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumei View Post
I missed the old SNES and PS1 days were good RPGs were plentiful...oh well, until RPGs are worth buying again, I'll just replay my old RPGs collection. Sorry for being a little off topic.
Yeah... Those good old PS1 days indeed. Undoubtedly the current reigning RPG console for me. The SNES is only second to it in this category. Well, for others it's the other way around.

Still, the PS has so many great RPG titles in its RPG line up. FFVII-IX plus Tactics, Suikoden I&II, Xenogears, Grandia, Chrono Cross—so on and so forth.

Today's current gen is much more spread out. Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia for the Xbox360, while you have FFXIII/XIIIvs, Valkyria Chronicles and White Knight Story for the PS3. And I have a feeling I'll have to get myself a Wii someday. I'm going to be broke at this rate.

But compared to the PS1's record? We can't exactly say how things will go from here at the moment, but so far the PS1 is still right up there above them all.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 18:29   Link #367
Amray

X and VIII were my two favourites.
X was epic, had a good story and some of the locations were so enchanting, and VIII had a great cast of characters, a very well thought-up story and also Selphie Tilmitt!!!! ~<3
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 22:42   Link #368
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
X and VIII were my two favourites.
X was epic, had a good story and some of the locations were so enchanting, and VIII had a great cast of characters, a very well thought-up story and also Selphie Tilmitt!!!! ~<3
oh hey another Selphie fan, she had a awesome Limit Break!
another thing about FFVIII is the card game, I spent ages playing that

Thing with FF is I think they are all great games in their own right, altho I did find FFIX to be a rather big disappointment, it still is a great game(it just didn't click with me tho)

FFXIII is gonna be huge, no doubt about that but its got another equally huge game to compete with this year GTA IV.
These are the only 2 games that come to mind that I'm really looking forward to.
Old 2008-03-02, 03:15   Link #369
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Star Ocean 4
or Valkyrie Profile 3
Old 2008-03-02, 10:19   Link #370
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Will this FF's story about Kingdom again? (like FFXII?)
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 11:33   Link #371
Joe1991

Send a message via MSN to Joe1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
FFXIII is gonna be huge, no doubt about that but its got another equally huge game to compete with this year GTA IV.
These are the only 2 games that come to mind that I'm really looking forward to.
not MGS4?
Joe1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 11:35   Link #372
King Lycan
*IT Support

I dont really like stealth games that much
How about GT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Will this FF's story about Kingdom again? (like FFXII?)
Both are about kingdoms
Old 2008-03-02, 12:59   Link #373
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

thing with GT5 is I am looking forward to it, very much infact but just not in the same league as FF XIII or GTA IV.

MGS 4 I always forget about for some reason but thats up there, thats why I said FF XIII and GTA IV were the only ones that came to mind when posting before(I'm quite forgetful)

FF XIII and GTA IV do epic, which when concerning gaming I like epic very much

something I do remeber tho is some online features being mentioned, dl content?!
anyone got anything on this?
Old 2008-03-02, 13:32   Link #374
King Lycan
*IT Support

All i can recall is that GTA IV will have an online Multi player
Old 2008-03-03, 18:24   Link #375
jesse55

what does GTA means?
Old 2008-03-03, 18:37   Link #376
Crisano

Jesse, I believe GTA stands for Grand Thief Auto in this conversation. Also, I heard rumors about a FFXIII demo packaged with the PS3 release of Last Remnant. Is this true?
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 18:44   Link #377
Lesca

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinCeladon View Post
I heard rumors about a FFXIII demo packaged with the PS3 release of Last Remnant. Is this true?
I think for now it's just what the gaming sites think the demo will come out with, it's possible it could come with that, there would probably be some people buying it for the demo alone if it was true.
Old 2008-03-04, 18:42   Link #378
jesse55

thnk 4 the info
Old 2008-03-05, 13:15   Link #379
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

A demo of FFXIII, is there really any point to putting one out?
I prefer waiting for the real deal when it comes to RPGs.

anyone else waiting for this more cause of the red-haired pigtailed lass than Lightning?!

PIGTAILS FTW!!!
Old 2008-03-05, 18:19   Link #380
jesse55

i`m with u on this 1 i`m waiting the real thing

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360