Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 06:37   Link #382
Saleh
Inactive

Spoiler for Expectations:

Spoiler for Speculation of Murderer's objective:
Old 2008-03-22, 08:34   Link #383
angel.shade

Meh I need to not read that stuff, since the subs are still stuck at #18, spoiling isn't a good idea...
angel.shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 12:37   Link #384
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But to me it was obvious who the killer was from the cellphone incident. So now I'm waiting to see if my assumption was correct.
Old 2008-03-23, 00:44   Link #385
ThoHell

It's over...really over.
Thoughts on ep 22:
Spoiler:
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 04:04   Link #386
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Never really posted in this thread, but:

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 06:09   Link #387
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 22 - end
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 13:43   Link #388
angel.shade

Where are the subs for those of us who don't speak Japanese? =/
Old 2008-03-23, 14:34   Link #389
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel.shade View Post
Where are the subs for those of us who don't speak Japanese? =/
They haven't released anything past ep. 18 on animesuki yet, but of course it's good to be patient ^_^
Really tempting, all these spoiler tags! I have to be good and avoid clicking on them and ruining the ending

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 17:37   Link #390
angel.shade

Patience is not one of my virtues. D=

If there were something else worth watching this season it wouldn't be so bad, but damn. Nothing but crappy comedies and slice of life stories as far as the eye can see.

Is it too much to ask for some explosions or murderers or gunfights? Or maybe some giant beams of death and destruction? Something besides a socially awkward vaguely metrosexual teenage boy and his adventures with a pack of crazy girls who all look identical save for hair color and breast size?
Old 2008-03-23, 19:13   Link #391
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well, I like non-crappy comedies and slice-of-life, but my selections from the past two seasons -- Baccano!, Ghost Hound, Hakaba Kitaro, Moyashimon, and Shion -- don't really fit the rest of your description. Ghost Hound comes closest in that it has teenaged boys, but chasing after crazy girls isn't a part of the story.

One of the first questions my daughter asks me when she comes home from school is whether another episode of Shion has been released!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 20:01   Link #392
angel.shade

If the girls are really crazy... well, Higurashi is one of my favorites. =D

Shion's pretty dark for the subject matter, the murder mystery and the focus on shogi (I love strategy and wargames). Baccano! was pure awesome in animated form. If Mnemosyne's second episode wasn't so terribad compared to the first I'd count that as a good point for 2008 but...

I really know how your daughter feels, I check this site every day when I get off work to see if #19 has been released yet! For the subbers to get bogged down like this right at the end of the show is painful! Mad props to LE though for putting out such a polished sub, I can't stress that enough.

Edit: My ranting notwithstanding, I don't mean anything against anyone who enjoys comedies, slice-of-life shows and harem shows. Whatever floats your boat. But those shows tend to sink mine, and I'm still pissed the hell off at Shakugan no Shana for having the potential to rival Nanoha for general magical-girl-badassery... then ruining it all with school-day side stories that bored me to tears. =/
Old 2008-03-24, 10:30   Link #393
tlynnec
LLE, Live-evil, DB Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
They haven't released anything past ep. 18 on animesuki yet, but of course it's good to be patient ^_^
Really tempting, all these spoiler tags! I have to be good and avoid clicking on them and ruining the ending
Sorry about this guys. Explanation here: http://www.live-evil.org/. To reiterate: Live-eviL WILL finish Shion as soon as we possibly can. Our translator is moving abroad in less than a week, so translation is temporarily on hold for approximately 1 more week. Please forgive us!
tlynnec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 13:51   Link #394
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for the update on that ^_^ I look forward to the release of the next episodes!
Of course things irl are more important so the translator should take his/her time and settle into a new home first.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 17:43   Link #395
angel.shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynnec View Post
Sorry about this guys. Explanation here: http://www.live-evil.org/. To reiterate: Live-eviL WILL finish Shion as soon as we possibly can. Our translator is moving abroad in less than a week, so translation is temporarily on hold for approximately 1 more week. Please forgive us!
Thank you for the update. I apologize if I came across as a pest; I was only curious. I'll check the main site next time for updates.
Old 2008-03-25, 07:33   Link #396
tlynnec
LLE, Live-evil, DB Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Thank you for the update. I apologize if I came across as a pest; I was only curious. I'll check the main site next time for updates.
I didn't take it as you being a pest. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Thanks for the update on that ^_^ I look forward to the release of the next episodes!
Of course things irl are more important so the translator should take his/her time and settle into a new home first.
Thanks for understanding!
tlynnec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 11:29   Link #397
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Patience is not one of my virtues. D=

If there were something else worth watching this season it wouldn't be so bad, but damn. Nothing but crappy comedies and slice of life stories as far as the eye can see.

Is it too much to ask for some explosions or murderers or gunfights? Or maybe some giant beams of death and destruction? Something besides a socially awkward vaguely metrosexual teenage boy and his adventures with a pack of crazy girls who all look identical save for hair color and breast size?
Try Mnemosyne if you want death, gore and destruction

And wow...I found a really mean pic
Spoiler for not for the sensitive:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 01:09   Link #398
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A hidden gem.
Spoiler for ep22:
My taste is exactly opposite that of those who want gore, but Mnemosyne should be right up your alley. Gore so good even I like it. And there are some shows starting soon that may fill the bill: Crystal Blaze, Fist of the North Star, Golgo13.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 06:21   Link #399
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynnec View Post
No need to apologize, I'm just thankful that you guys are even doing it in the first place. Thanks for the update though it makes the wait easier.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 13:46   Link #400
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I've just noticed that my current list of anime is seriously melting away Shion is by far the one I'm hungry for most as well as Major right now.

Thanks for the spoilers, I'm lousy with patience and that should hold me for a bit.

I also thought the OP was brilliant!
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, games, loli, seinen, studio deen