AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-14, 17:53   Link #6041
KrimzonStriker

I didn't say that, I said that playing with Lelouch seems illogical to how much effort and how entangled everything with Geass is, and that therefore the Emperor is probably seeking after something much greater then just his next heir. Read all of my post next time while you're at it >_>
Old 2008-04-14, 17:55   Link #6042
Juvyniled

He's not playing games with Lelouch. Remember, Geass allows an individual to read another individual's thoughts. In Lelouch's thoughts, the Emperor most likely saw C.C. and to get to C.C., the Emperor's best chances would be having his son deliver her to him unwittingly.

... and this is assuming that C.C. and the Emperor are not already cohorts.
Old 2008-04-14, 17:59   Link #6043
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
He's not playing games with Lelouch. Remember, Geass allows an individual to read another individual's thoughts. In Lelouch's thoughts, the Emperor most likely saw C.C. and to get to C.C., the Emperor's best chances would be having his son deliver her to him unwittingly.

... and this is assuming that C.C. and the Emperor are not already cohorts.
That was only Mao. Unless you mean the side effects of C.C.'s abilities, but in that case she said it herself in 11, she doesn't know what images she shows to others when she's using it on them.

in either case, we have no proof that the Emperor can read Lelouch's mind at all, nor any reason to even suspect that he can.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:08   Link #6044
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
That was only Mao. Unless you mean the side effects of C.C.'s abilities, but in that case she said it herself in 11, she doesn't know what images she shows to others when she's using it on them.

in either case, we have no proof that the Emperor can read Lelouch's mind at all, nor any reason to even suspect that he can.
Alright then. But even then, I'm sure we can suspect a connection between C.C. and the Emperor, and even if there is nothing fishy between them, I'm quite sure that the Emperor is aware of one or more of these things:

1) that his son is capable of using Geass
or
2) he is aware of C.C.'s presence and that Lelouch has connections to her.

For whatever reason (to some end), the Emperor most likely requires C.C. (either her knowledge, her power, or her being might serve some other purpose). And to get to C.C.....
Old 2008-04-14, 18:11   Link #6045
TurquoiseThyme

Quote:
I think that logically the Emperor would need to read peoples minds in order to rewrite their memories. Of course, I have always been amazed at how people who are geassed by Lelouch know what he means by his instructions instead of following his orders exactly. Well, except for poor Ephie. So I suppose the Emperor's ability could successfully rewrite memories without him knowing those memories.

On another topic, didn't C.C. give Lelouch the "power of Kings". I was wondering if Rollo could have the "power of Knights".
Old 2008-04-14, 18:12   Link #6046
scifijimmy

I personally think the Emperor wants to eliminate any possible Geass competition.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:13   Link #6047
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Alright then. But even then, I'm sure we can suspect a connection between C.C. and the Emperor, and even if there is nothing fishy between them, I'm quite sure that the Emperor is aware of one or more of these things:

1) that his son is capable of using Geass
or
2) he is aware of C.C.'s presence and that Lelouch has connections to her.

For whatever reason (to some end), the Emperor most likely requires C.C. (either her knowledge, her power, or her being might serve some other purpose). And to get to C.C.....
maybe, maybe not. He didn't seem to care much about someone taking the bait in Area 11 in turn 2, nor did he want C.C. badly enough to tell the intelligence division to capture instead of kill her. >_>

This entire situation is very, very odd. too odd to be sure of much of anything at this point.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:14   Link #6048
TurquoiseThyme

That seems very likely. Didn't the Emperor in episode 2 say something about using his children as bait for the gods?

Quote:
maybe, maybe not. He didn't seem to care much about someone taking the bait in Area 11 in turn 2, nor did he want C.C. badly enough to tell the intelligence division to capture instead of kill her. >_>

This entire situation is very, very odd. too odd to be sure of much of anything at this point.
You are right. It is extremly odd that the intelligence division didn't have more background on their target. Especially if the Emperor was trully concerned about C.C. or those like her.

Last edited by TurquoiseThyme; 2008-04-14 at 18:24.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:19   Link #6049
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseThyme View Post
That seems very likely. Didn't the Emperor in episode 2 say something about using his children as bait for the gods?
no. he merely said he can still make use of Lelouch (and he didn't even say for what. >_>)

and use the edit button instead of double posting.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:20   Link #6050
scifijimmy

The impression I've gotten so far concerning C.C.'s mortality is that this Weapon that The Emperor showed Suzaku is the only thing that could kill her.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:21   Link #6051
Juvyniled

If I recall correctly, in the earliest of episodes, anyone that was suspected to have seen the contents of that secret package (or maybe even just the container itself) was ordered to be exterminated.

If we adopt the standpoint that dictates that C.C. serves no purpose to the emperor, than it could be that she poses a threat to him. If the Emperor axes Lelouch, C.C. will be free from her contract to transmit the power/curse to another potential threat. In either regard, C.C. is pivotal, whether she is in his grasp or not.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:24   Link #6052
scifijimmy

Well, those that are charged with her extermination are poorly informed since the first thing they always try is putting a bullet in a critical area on her body.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:32   Link #6053
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
If I recall correctly, in the earliest of episodes, anyone that was suspected to have seen the contents of that secret package (or maybe even just the container itself) was ordered to be exterminated.

If we adopt the standpoint that dictates that C.C. serves no purpose to the emperor, than it could be that she poses a threat to him. If the Emperor axes Lelouch, C.C. will be free from her contract to transmit the power/curse to another potential threat. In either regard, C.C. is pivotal, whether she is in his grasp or not.
you forget, the Emperor did not know about C.C. in those containers.

remember, the scientist was hysterical about it being discovered by their own forces

Which how she was able to survive in Japan for so long.

it's only now that the Emperor is aware of her and is actively on the hunt.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:36   Link #6054
fruitcage
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
You forgot Rivalz! He's newly added too. ;_;
AH!!! Gomen! lol I completely forgot about him......
Old 2008-04-14, 18:39   Link #6055
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
I personally think the Emperor wants to eliminate any possible Geass competition.
I think he needs C.C. (and other geass beings) to achieve his Evil Project .
Old 2008-04-14, 18:42   Link #6056
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post

remember, the scientist was hysterical about it being discovered by their own forces

Could you remind me where or when exactly in the series that it specificly said the Emperor had not known about C.C. (I'm not being entirely critical or skeptical, but a reference would be nice)?

The scientist not knowing about it is probably for good measure. I would imagine that anyone seeing a being (human is debateable) sealed inside a capsule would be quite surprised/curious if they had not known about it before.

And I certainly do not deny that the Emperor would be on the hunt for her. Or if he is unaware of C.C.'s existence, then someone who is connected to Lelouch.

And if he knows of Lelouch's Geass capacity... then I'm sure he is fully aware of some other things.... by then, it is all a matter of when he determined all of this.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:47   Link #6057
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I think he needs C.C. (and other geass beings) to achieve his Evil Project .
no, that was Nunnally. Which is why V.V. kidnapped her in the first place.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:50   Link #6058
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post

Which how she was able to survive in Japan for so long.

He was talking to Clovis way back when, and honestly C.C's existence isn't something I'd put past him being well aware of long before hand given how omniscient he seems of everything >_>
Old 2008-04-14, 18:52   Link #6059
bill200
bill200

The only thing I see is that the Emperor does not know that CC can't be killed. He sent a strike force to kill her, but we know that she is immortal, so the Emperor does not know as much as people let on. He may not even know that CC is the one that gave Lelouch his power. He does know that CC is second in command of the black knights, and calls her CC himself, so he used Lelouch to draw her out. My guess is that we won't find everything out for another 5 or 6 episodes.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:54   Link #6060
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
no, that was Nunnally. Which is why V.V. kidnapped her in the first place.
But why Nunnaly?

What kind of evil plan needs an handicapped loli
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers