2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-01, 03:10   Link #3481
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
while i feel very sorry for Nunnally I couldn't help but say to her face "take that you...! You who face palmed your own brother with 'Onii-sama you are the devil!' and those other really mean things you said to him!".

While he and his sister thought of the same ideology and a solution, Nunnally isn't such a fast thinker herself unlike her brother who instantly understood what she was trying to accomplish, b'coz it's what he plan to do himself. Man how i loved it if somehow Orange-kun de-geassed that premise during that time only to hit Nunnally tgen recalls the words Lelouch said while he took the key from her and stood up.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 03:30   Link #3482
Franckisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
while i feel very sorry for Nunnally I couldn't help but say to her face "take that you...! You who face palmed your own brother with 'Onii-sama you are the devil!' and those other really mean things you said to him!".

While he and his sister thought of the same ideology and a solution, Nunnally isn't such a fast thinker herself unlike her brother who instantly understood what she was trying to accomplish, b'coz it's what he plan to do himself. Man how i loved it if somehow Orange-kun de-geassed that premise during that time only to hit Nunnally tgen recalls the words Lelouch said while he took the key from her and stood up.
Because Nunnally said "damocles will become the hatered of the world" to Lelouch and Lelouch didn't told her anything... so that's why he understood!
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 03:35   Link #3483
SuperJiwon

I'm still not quite sure where the heck Nunnally's super powers came from. It just kind of jumped out of no where in that scene with Romeyer, not even hinted about at all in any episode/audio drama/picture episode etc I've found anywhere. Unless I missed it. But hey, they do that kind of thing all the time with blind people in stories. Since they've lost the ability to "see" with their eyes, they learn to "see" with something else, perhaps with their ears or in some cases with their "hearts". That COULD be an ability related to Geass in some way, perhaps something she got from her time in the Sword of Akasha with V.V. or in the time she was back in Brittania. But the fact is she could do it even before Lelouch could have gotten the code, whether we could see what she saw when she "read" people or not. So that part isn't good proof for Lelouch being alive in the end.

I thought the ending was excellent anyway. I was getting nervous with all the wtf plot twists and was praying fervently that the ending wasn't going to be retarded like Evangelion(dodges bricks thrown by EVA fans ). Pretty sly on Sunrise's part to make an ending where the fate of the main character could be put in question since it will fuel fanfiction, fanart, and discussions for a good while after the end of the series. Plus the additional profits for Sound Episodes, etc.

I can't stop watching the episode, I love the music and drama. Hey, anyone know what the song is that starts when Lelouch hands Suzaku the Zero mask in the flashback up until right before he stabs Lelouch? I loved that build up, with Nunnally and Kaguya staring in shock, Kallen and Rivalz silently screaming, and Suzaku's overflowing tears as he completes Zero Requiem. Even Tamaki looked like he wanted to break free and save his "best friend". Or maybe he was thinking the "real" Zero is here to save the day, to kill the "fake" Zero Lelouch...he is kinda stupid like that...

Though one thing that might point to Lelouch being alive was how Jeremiah acted during the event. I believe he was totally loyal to Lelouch and WOULD have allowed Lelouch's death if ordered, but he was entirely too smug/satisfied on how things turned out. Even if the plan went perfectly and he was proud of how things fell into place, I would have thought he would have at least looked a little sad like Suzaku if Lelouch was going to die for real. Then he moves off into a low tech farming area with Anya(Maybe she still is part Marianne and he finds that HAWT?). He could be laying low because he knew that Suzaku was Zero, but it could also be a possibility that he knows Lelouch is alive as well.

The part with C.C. on the wagon and the suspiciously off center panning shot of the wagon/wagon driver may also make people wonder who was driving the cart, especially since C.C. addresses a question to "Lelouch". She might only be talking to his memory, or it could be a talking to the dead thing that was hinted at with C.C. and also with Charles in the Sword of Akasha though.

But really, if Lelouch is still alive Suzaku seems to have gotten the short end of the stick in that arrangement. He has to act as Zero (forever?) and do all the work of keeping the world progressing towards a happier future while Lelouch is banging C.C. on haystacks? Dude I knew Suzaku was stupid, but even I can spot that uneven agreement a mile away.

Last edited by SuperJiwon; 2008-10-01 at 03:36. Reason: spacing
SuperJiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 03:40   Link #3484
SuperJiwon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post

Maybe, but if the de-geasser was unleashed at that range, probably half of Lelouch's forces would have been hit as well as possible Schneizel and the guards in Damocles. That would have been...bad...to say the least.
Old 2008-10-01, 03:44   Link #3485
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
Because Nunnally said "damocles will become the hatered of the world" to Lelouch and Lelouch didn't told her anything... so that's why he understood!
which can also apply to this "Lelouch will become the hatred of the world". Lelouch doesn't need to say anything, his sole actions should be enough for her to realize that her brother was planning the same thing. Which occurs to me, if i wasn't such a Nunnally fan, i would think that if Lelouch didn't fell down the ramp and held his hand she wouldn't know the truth behind all his evil. Although, i agree that if it weren't for Nunnally saying what she plans on doing Lelouch wouldn't realize it, earlier.
Old 2008-10-01, 03:46   Link #3486
Franckisted

It's no superpower, it's just sence the difference in rythme (pulse for example, or hand trembeling or something like that), so that's why she ask her the question again.
Everybody can make what she is making.
That's all their is to "nuna-chan superpower"!

What we see in ep 25 is different.
She didn't have flashs with Romayer.

And here with Lelouch I don't think her motive was to know ( and she didn't ask anything) when she took her hand. (Her onii-sama has dying in front of her, nothing wrong with taking his hand...)

It's too different to tell it's the same thing.
Romayer: ask again, touch hand, pulse is "good" (well she isn't dying), no flash
Lelouch: He is dying, didn't ask something, almost no pulse at the time she took his hand, flashs of Z.R.

Too different!

Nuna-chan has no superpower!

And I really don't understand this:

Quote:
But really, if Lelouch is still alive Suzaku seems to have gotten the short end of the stick in that arrangement. He has to act as Zero (forever?) and do all the work of keeping the world progressing towards a happier future while Lelouch is banging C.C. on haystacks? Dude I knew Suzaku was stupid, but even I can spot that uneven agreement a mile away.
If Lelouch is alive, he must live with C.C. all his time, maybe without seeing his most important person ( Nuna-chan) for all his life, well... her life.
And he must live hinden...

Oh well... just think what you want... I have enough of the same talk. ( nothing against you, it's just that it's the same thing since the episode aired on sunday... )

@ Utau... Hmmm yes it could be like that. ( I'm uncertain now. xD ) ( I'm nuna-chan fan also. ^^ )
Oh well... I don't think we will have more information, so as I don't want to repeat or see repeating the same talk... maybe an interview from the seiyuu or something like that... :S
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 03:49   Link #3487
SuperJiwon

Damn, that was a pretty damn steep ramp. On a float like that I would think it would use stairs, especially since I'm pretty sure Lelouch wouldn't have been able to make it up that incline without making a public embarassment out of himself. Probably was placed on the top by a Knightmare...
Old 2008-10-01, 03:58   Link #3488
IdrilCelebrindal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJiwon View Post
I can't stop watching the episode, I love the music and drama. Hey, anyone know what the song is that starts when Lelouch hands Suzaku the Zero mask in the flashback up until right before he stabs Lelouch? I loved that build up, with Nunnally and Kaguya staring in shock, Kallen and Rivalz silently screaming, and Suzaku's overflowing tears as he completes Zero Requiem. Even Tamaki looked like he wanted to break free and save his "best friend". Or maybe he was thinking the "real" Zero is here to save the day, to kill the "fake" Zero Lelouch...he is kinda stupid like that...

Though one thing that might point to Lelouch being alive was how Jeremiah acted during the event. I believe he was totally loyal to Lelouch and WOULD have allowed Lelouch's death if ordered, but he was entirely too smug/satisfied on how things turned out. Even if the plan went perfectly and he was proud of how things fell into place, I would have thought he would have at least looked a little sad like Suzaku if Lelouch was going to die for real. Then he moves off into a low tech farming area with Anya(Maybe she still is part Marianne and he finds that HAWT?). He could be laying low because he knew that Suzaku was Zero, but it could also be a possibility that he knows Lelouch is alive as well.

The part with C.C. on the wagon and the suspiciously off center panning shot of the wagon/wagon driver may also make people wonder who was driving the cart, especially since C.C. addresses a question to "Lelouch". She might only be talking to his memory, or it could be a talking to the dead thing that was hinted at with C.C. and also with Charles in the Sword of Akasha though.
Um could the song you could be talking about be 'continued story'??? its the one that plays through lulu's death and the epilogue. here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmoIaJLjtlM

and if Sunrise didnt want us to speculate on Lelouch's death, why show the driver or why not give him an actual face?? lol im astounded on how many posts there are for this already
IdrilCelebrindal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 04:02   Link #3489
SuperJiwon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdrilCelebrindal View Post
Um could the song you could be talking about be 'continued story'??? its the one that plays through lulu's death and the epilogue. here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmoIaJLjtlM

and if Sunrise didnt want us to speculate on Lelouch's death, why show the driver or why not give him an actual face?? lol im astounded on how many posts there are for this already
I'm sure there will be speculation on this for a long time to come, and I'm positive that was exactly what Sunrise intended. :P

Naw, the music I was mentioning was only an instrumental, though I did like that Continued Story song as well. Then again, I think the song I was looking for might actually be not that great separated from the scene anyway...thanks though.
Old 2008-10-01, 04:05   Link #3490
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Quote:
@ Utau... Hmmm yes it could be like that. ( I'm uncertain now. xD ) ( I'm nuna-chan fan also. ^^ )
Oh well... I don't think we will have more information, so as I don't want to repeat or see repeating the same talk... maybe an interview from the seiyuu or something like that... :S
dun mind me, i'm not saying it's rightor whatever, i'm only bitching b'coz i'm bored atm..
didn't have anything to do after R2 ended.

Quote:
thgat's why it's also acts as a punishment for him, Suzaku.

Quote:
apparently, he's into oranges & loli's . He's loyal to him because he was trying to avenge his mothers death, whom Orange-kun swore loyalty. Soon Lelouch hoped for a future, and if that future requires his master as a sacrifice and Lelouch himself wants it then there is a reason for him not to feel sad about. It is his masters wish, and that's what matters the most. Lelouch will only become more admirable in his heart that way.

..says me

Quote:
Maybe, but if the de-geasser was unleashed at that range, probably half of Lelouch's forces would have been hit as well as possible Schneizel and the guards in Damocles. That would have been...bad...to say the least.
like i said, 'only to hit Nunnally' realistically it's impossible unless he could somehow bend his anti-geass. it was a silly joke to begin with
Old 2008-10-01, 04:23   Link #3491
anyme

I don't think Nunnally read Lulu mind.
I think she was geass before the Lulu Oscar death scene. When she saw Lulu fall, it activated geass that she will believe what Lulu told her (that plan & his dead) and then cry for him.
And Suzaku was geass the same way as Nunnaly.

If you question that he can geass only once, yes in the season 1, no in the season 2. The reasons are
-1. Charles geass Lulu in season2 and Lulu geass himself in season1 before.
-2. Geass cancellor by OrangeFarmer (That why's He smiled at the Oscar scene, he smiled because stupid boy and girl was tricked, and he had to say a stupid line "Retreat!")

Nunnally may not know anything is also possible, the flashback may just show the plan for audiences. She cried because her brother's dead was freaking stupid in the public (one man vs army and then falling ). And She was happy that she will not wear SM costume in the public anymore. (or may be she like it but too shy to wear it herself, if her brother die, who gonna force her?)

The word "disappear" suit Lulu most, I think he is evil and always want people respect him. He always show complex plan that make people "wow!" and later people think "if you make it simple, you won since season1". But if he was really dead, Sunrise can revive him.
anyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 04:29   Link #3492
Naraku

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyme View Post
But if he was really dead, Sunrise can revive him.
And Sunrise has proven that they will do this over and over again... Mu La Fraga* anyone??...
Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 04:32   Link #3493
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyme View Post
I don't think Nunnally read Lulu mind.
I think she was geass before the Lulu Oscar death scene. When she saw Lulu fall, it activated geass that she will believe what Lulu told her (that plan & his dead) and then cry for him.
And Suzaku was geass the same way as Nunnaly.

If you question that he can geass only once, yes in the season 1, no in the season 2. The reasons are
-1. Charles geass Lulu in season2 and Lulu geass himself in season1 before.
-2. Geass cancellor by OrangeFarmer (That why's He smiled at the Oscar scene, he smiled because stupid boy and girl was tricked, and he had to say a stupid line "Retreat!")

Nunnally may not know anything is also possible, the flashback may just show the plan for audiences. She cried because her brother's dead was freaking stupid in the public (one man vs army and then falling ). And She was happy that she will not wear SM costume in the public anymore. (or may be she like it but too shy to wear it herself, if her brother die, who gonna force her?)

The word "disappear" suit Lulu most, I think he is evil and always want people respect him. He always show complex plan that make people "wow!" and later people think "if you make it simple, you won since season1". But if he was really dead, Sunrise can revive him.
lol i'm not so sure which part of that you're being serious on well i don't think lelouch told her the truth and then geassed her, it's kinda not his style imho

anyway, i rewatched the ep again and this time what piqued my interest is that during the death scene, the BK were shouting several things but we don't hear anything. i'm quite curious for what they actually were shouting.

did they understand what was going on what lelouch's plan was? it seems that kallen understood and maybe toudoh. were they shouting "no! lelouch!" or "go! zero!"? did they feel remorse on how they misjudged lelouch or were they unshaken at their belief that he is evil?

sadly though, we'll never really know
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 04:33   Link #3494
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
I'm still not quite sure where the heck Nunnally's super powers came from. It just kind of jumped out of no where in that scene with Romeyer, not even hinted about at all in any episode/audio drama/picture episode etc I've found anywhere. Unless I missed it. But hey, they do that kind of thing all the time with blind people in stories. Since they've lost the ability to "see" with their eyes, they learn to "see" with something else, perhaps with their ears or in some cases with their "hearts". That COULD be an ability related to Geass in some way, perhaps something she got from her time in the Sword of Akasha with V.V. or in the time she was back in Brittania. But the fact is she could do it even before Lelouch could have gotten the code, whether we could see what she saw when she "read" people or not. So that part isn't good proof for Lelouch being alive in the end.

I thought the ending was excellent anyway. I was getting nervous with all the wtf plot twists and was praying fervently that the ending wasn't going to be retarded like Evangelion(dodges bricks thrown by EVA fans ). Pretty sly on Sunrise's part to make an ending where the fate of the main character could be put in question since it will fuel fanfiction, fanart, and discussions for a good while after the end of the series. Plus the additional profits for Sound Episodes, etc.

You know that was a question i raised several pages back and someone gave me a answer that really gave me food for thought. He related that scene to the scenes in which people like Susaku who touched C.C. and get flashes of each other's memories and could possibly hint at the idea that Lelouch somehow managed to steal the code, perhaps incompletely (hence why he could still use geass). Off course that is still pushing the limits of imagination but it could be possible and definitely hinted near the end with the scene of C.C. on the wagon.
Old 2008-10-01, 05:09   Link #3495
SuperJiwon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
lol i'm not so sure which part of that you're being serious on well i don't think lelouch told her the truth and then geassed her, it's kinda not his style imho

anyway, i rewatched the ep again and this time what piqued my interest is that during the death scene, the BK were shouting several things but we don't hear anything. i'm quite curious for what they actually were shouting.

did they understand what was going on what lelouch's plan was? it seems that kallen understood and maybe toudoh. were they shouting "no! lelouch!" or "go! zero!"? did they feel remorse on how they misjudged lelouch or were they unshaken at their belief that he is evil?

sadly though, we'll never really know
Does anybody smell what the Sunrise is cooking?! Additional Drama CD's and after series interviews/magazine specials! Novels and possibly an alternate reality series Code Geass Wing 00:Lelouch of the X-tra Profit! The Sunrise cash cow is still alive baby!
Old 2008-10-01, 05:21   Link #3496
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

People who disagree with those who believe Lelouche is alive seem to be either confused or in denial.

If you believe that Lelouche is dead, forward your arguments and back them up with evidence that contradicts what the 'Lelouche lives' side has found out so far.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 05:50   Link #3497
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm doing a survey on people's perceptions on Code Geass. It would help if you commented, guys.

How would YOU rank Code Geass? (You can comment on your perceptions as regards the series. I'd appreciate it.)
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 06:02   Link #3498
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Well a critic would understandably rate Code Geass objectively, and maybe end up with a low score like the one in your link. But since I'm not one, I'll just tell you how much I was entertained by it: 9.5/10 (-0.5 because of the ambiguous ending that divided fans to those who thought Lelouche died and those who didn't ^^, although we've worked out the conclusion anyway)

PS Just curious, what was the criteria you used in rating CG? If there was none, what flaws really bugged you?
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 06:19   Link #3499
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

Anyway, regarding the eyebags again. You're right actually: there's actually one example of an immortal having dark eyebags resulting from bloodloss, and that's V.V. before his Code was taken, in the latter half of Turn 14. Here we've got another contradiction, however: in the case of heavy bloodloss resulting in a slow death, V.V., despite being wounded enough to die (as evidenced by the fact that he did die once his Code was taken), nevertheless never lost consciousness or closed his eyes. Lelouch did. I can walk you through the logic if you like, but to put it simply, if an immortal is heavily injured, but it is not enough to make them lose consciousness initially--then, it is impossible for them to lose consciousness as a result of that injury.

Didn't CC lose consciousness in the first episode due to being shot in the head? She kinda lied back down after giving Lelouch Geass. Anyhow, I have school in an hour and should be heading out....So the post can't be too long
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 06:24   Link #3500
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm giving it a 10. Note that I have only ever given a 10 in my years of anime watching to one other series - Last Exile. Plus my average rating for series/OVAs/Movies (which is in the hundreds) I rate is barely above 6. I only give the high ratings to the series that really do it for me.