Zero x Kaguya 87 8.33%
Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-10, 18:42   Link #9441
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, we weren't exactly striving for realism in an anime, were we? That's just silly.

Now, if I had a power to do that like Lelouch, I'd use it just like that as well. It may have looked crazy but Lelouch found it perfectly reasonable; he could do it so he did it.

But when I meant "in his right mind", I meant that Lelouch was not someone out to turn people into tang, like his father.

And seriously, don't get on my case about the differences of Ragnarok and Instrumentality, it was merely a reference and frankly, I don't give a shit since it doesn't belong in this thread anyway.
I am just saying that Lelouch was never supposed to be normal.

I have no problem with your refrences at all. I am on record as being dissapointed that Charles big plan was based off of Evangelion (you could say it was based off of Child's end but chances are that Okoucchi, and Taniguchi have seen only Evangelion)
Old 2008-11-10, 18:46   Link #9442
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I am just saying that Lelouch was never supposed to be normal.

I have no problem with your refrences at all. I am on record as being dissapointed that Charles big plan was based off of Evangelion (you could say it was based off of Child's end but chances are that Okoucchi, and Taniguchi have seen only Evangelion)
That's true, but when it comes to his motivations and such, he was far more normal than Charles ever was.

And my statement concerning Ragnarok and Instrumentality wasn't to you per se, it was to everyone--too many people on this site are too picky about what other people say, and this thread's gone off-topic enough as it is.
Old 2008-11-10, 19:36   Link #9443
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Interviews have stated that Lelouch would prefer a soft kind of woman--Marianne is not a soft kind of woman.
I am sure that Kallen and C.C. are not the soft kind of woman that he is looking for either. Two women came close to that, excluding Euphemia, were Shirley and Milly.

But in the end, the Marianne type of woman were the ones who wanted Lelouch.

Before Marianne disappeared, she did show concern by Lelouch's accusations that she and Charles had abandoned him and Nunnally. Marianne felt quite regretful that her death had negatively affected Lelouch profoundly. I guess Marianne wanted to make Lelouch understand her side in this matter. Too bad the Marianne x Lelouch talk to talk didn't happen because Lelouch is certainly Charles x Marianne's son.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2008-11-10 at 19:51.
Old 2008-11-10, 20:24   Link #9444
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I am sure that Kallen and C.C. are not the soft kind of woman that he is looking for either. Two women came close to that, excluding Euphemia, were Shirley and Milly.
For once you're correct in your assessment.

Quote:
Considering the 108 women, all types of women were the ones who wanted Lelouch.
Old 2008-11-10, 22:44   Link #9445
lovecakecookies

Quote:

Actually, I heard the "soft" part could mean something else..
something about the actual Japanese word or something.. I could have misunderstood from the person though..
Old 2008-11-12, 14:02   Link #9446
X_Danny_X

Lelouch and Suzaku forever. The way it should be.

Old 2008-11-12, 15:05   Link #9447
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Ohhh, I like that. xD
(Even though I still think they are even cuter as best friends.)
Old 2008-11-12, 15:07   Link #9448
Eliarine

They're cute as best friends, and they'd be cute as a couple. No need to choose, I like both.
Old 2008-11-12, 15:08   Link #9449
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
...You aren't serious are you ?
I'm only giving a precision about the flashback, no need to take this bad (if that's the case as it seems...) Those pause are a fact, everyone agree with this, now, everyone can see this as they wish, here, we are only talking about the possibility which makes more sense in accordance with every pause...

It's practically saying that Kalulu is canon. I have no problem with that, it just irks me when most Kalulu fans are accusing most CC fans being immature for saying that their pairing is "canon" when the same fans kinda do the same things.
It's either gonna be "CC is a bitch, she does not deserve Lulu cause she let him from the first epi believe in yadda yadda" or "Kallen is a bitch, she tried to kill him yadda" Those nasty comments back up NOTHING when it comes to romance and i'm sick of seeing people fight over it again and again.

As for the flashback i thought that the pauses as more of a "throw a bone" to the groups who kind of got shafted by the story {Rolo fans because Lulu hated him the whole time, and Kallen ones because she got screwed majorly on the relationship end, without even a real resolution.} If this is evidence, then that means that Lelouch loved Rolo more than Euphie, since he has thirteen frames of screentime and Euphie only like six.
Old 2008-11-12, 15:36   Link #9450
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post

It's practically saying that Kalulu is canon. I have no problem with that, it just irks me when most Kalulu fans are accusing most CC fans being immature for saying that their pairing is "canon" when the same fans kinda do the same things.
It's either gonna be "CC is a bitch, she does not deserve Lulu cause she let him from the first epi believe in yadda yadda" or "Kallen is a bitch, she tried to kill him yadda" Those nasty comments back up NOTHING when it comes to romance and i'm sick of seeing people fight over it again and again.

As for the flashback i thought that the pauses as more of a "throw a bone" to the groups who kind of got shafted by the story {Rolo fans because Lulu hated him the whole time, and Kallen ones because she got screwed majorly on the relationship end, without even a real resolution.} If this is evidence, then that means that Lelouch loved Rolo more than Euphie, since he has thirteen frames of screentime and Euphie only like six.
The only problem is that I saw this bashing oftenly about Kalulu, while when it's Shirley or CC, there is no problem at all. My problem is with people who are always jumping on Kallen for some dark reasons; People seems fine with the other two, but Kallen...no. Just no. take a look on the CC thread and the kallen thread you will see which one is always on fire and why.

I just hate bashing, I like intelligent debate, with arguments; As a Cagalli fan, I never accepted the whole Meer bashing during destiny, it was just pityful; Right now it's the same with kallen, or with Kalulu since every point which is made about them is forcefully wrong because it's only our opinion.

About The flashback I don't really think that's it, to me, it follows the line of the story (and I didn't seen Kallen get screwed, it seems obvious that a few plans changed about her, but her outcome is really satisfying) about important moment to Lelouch (those are plain logical, Hard to see this as some fanservice I think, or Rolo wouldn't have been here, CC would have take his place, her promise where too a big joke at the end) important people, and eventually, what they meant to him, seen the special moments which were choosed.

Now I can be wrong, but with the recent material, with the anime devellopment and with Okouchi's words, I'm more and more convinced that my view is really near of the good one.

Old 2008-11-12, 15:45   Link #9451
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
The only problem is that I saw this bashing oftenly about Kalulu, while when it's Shirley or CC, there is no problem at all. My problem is with people who are always jumping on Kallen for some dark reasons; People seems fine with the other two, but Kallen...no. Just no. take a look on the CC thread and the kallen thread you will see which one is always on fire and why.

I just hate bashing, I like intelligent debate, with arguments; As a Cagalli fan, I never accepted the whole Meer bashing during destiny, it was just pityful; Right now it's the same with kallen, or with Kalulu since every point which is made about them is forcefully wrong because it's only our opinion.
It is exactly the reason i avoided CG section like the plague lately. The nasty comments about the CluClu and Kalulu ships are just disgusting.
I don't see any canon pairing, like at all. Canon is that Shirley and Kallen loved Lelouch romantically {maybe CC as well} but we've yet to know what was Lulu's feelings. Now if you are satisfied with a pause in a flashback, then ok. I won't try to force my opinion on you.
And sorry if i sounded rude or anything, it is just that CG section used to be a fun place to discuss, now it is just a wank machine. :/
Old 2008-11-12, 15:51   Link #9452
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
I don't see any canon pairing, like at all. Canon is that Shirley and Kallen loved Lelouch romantically {maybe CC as well} but we've yet to know what was Lulu's feelings.
Agreed!
In my opinion, no pairing is canon... except ArthurxClovis. xD
Errr, and VilettaxOugi, of course.
Old 2008-11-12, 15:53   Link #9453
Eliarine

Quote:
I don't see any canon pairing, like at all. Canon is that Shirley and Kallen loved Lelouch romantically {maybe CC as well} but we've yet to know what was Lulu's feelings.
*nod nod* That's what I think and have been saying as well. <3
Old 2008-11-12, 15:54   Link #9454
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Agreed!
Errr, and VilettaxOugi, of course.
and don't forget TanzixXinge.
Old 2008-11-12, 15:54   Link #9455
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Guys, can we seriously knock this off? It shows up every two to four weeks and it gets old fast. We know Shirley loved Lelouch from the show; we know Kallen loved Lelouch from the director and it's almost certain that C.C. loved him too. There plenty of evidence (more in actions than in words, which is somewhat surprising from a blowhard like Lelouch) that Lelouch harbored some romantic feelings for all three. I personally prefer Kalulu; I think she and Lelouch compliment each other best and the canon material between them is the best, but that's strictly IMO. CluClu and ShirLulu have plenty to go on, too. The word canon probably shouldn't be used at all since there is not canon pairing (even the phrase, 'most canon,' should be taboo).

youngde, signing off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Agreed!
Did Arthur even appear in the series before Clovis died?
Old 2008-11-12, 15:58   Link #9456
incorrupts
Banned

[QUOTE=youngde;2049838]Guys, can we seriously knock this off? It shows up every two to four weeks and it gets old fast.
Obviously something causes this so it gets repetitive again and again.
Old 2008-11-12, 16:01   Link #9457
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
It is exactly the reason i avoided CG section like the plague lately. The nasty comments about the CluClu and Kalulu ships are just disgusting.
I don't see any canon pairing, like at all. Canon is that Shirley and Kallen loved Lelouch romantically {maybe CC as well} but we've yet to know what was Lulu's feelings. Now if you are satisfied with a pause in a flashback, then ok. I won't try to force my opinion on you.
And sorry if i sounded rude or anything, it is just that CG section used to be a fun place to discuss, now it is just a wank machine. :/
Don't worry I understand, I was just worry that YOU of all people could have problem to understand what I meant
That's it. I'm totally satisfied with this flashback pause (even if the gum line would have been better) and with the side material, and well since it's clear in my head that those two were the closest to the canon level, nothing is going to change it I think it's the same to a lot of people, I'd just like to see less hypocrisy sometimes cause, just like you said, before, this place used to be a nice place, and recently, spirits have been on fire, one more time and always about the same pairing.

Now, everyone got his preference. I'm roothing for Shinn x Misato in Nana for example and they are far far faaaar to be a couple

Old 2008-11-12, 16:02   Link #9458
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Did Arthur even appear in the series before Clovis died?
No.
But then his one true love died and Arthur had to go and look for a new one! xD
*mumbles* Yes, yes, Marianne-sama told me...
Old 2008-11-12, 16:07   Link #9459
Jaime Kordek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Zero View Post
and don't forget TanzixXinge.
And GurrenxLancelot. <_<

Machines can feel love too!

Also, EuphiexSuzaku seems fairly canonical, even if it was never fully realized. And ChibaxToudoh have a last minute hookup. Also, CharlesxMarianne is heavily hinted at :P
Old 2008-11-12, 16:09   Link #9460
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Kordek View Post
Also, EuphiexSuzaku seems fairly canonical, even if it was never fully realized.
Hm... agreed, even though I can't imagine them in a sexual relationship with each other.
I mean,... it's Euphie! q.q
And I'm sure Cornelia agrees with me. *nods her head*

Quote:
Also, CharlesxMarianne is heavily hinted at :P
Agreed. xD
Closed Thread

Tags
romance