Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-22, 20:32   Link #10461
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
The only thing that I really need to say: If Kallen had never been captured, forcing Lelouch to go OOC to get her back, then Shirley would never have even been involved with him for the season.
Funny thing Frost, i did not realize you were the writer.
Old 2008-11-22, 20:35   Link #10462
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Funny thing Frost, i did not realize you were the writer.
Its a secret, don't tell anyone. Fine. I won't bother using exactly what Sol did, making a generalized blanket statement as if they could read the future or the writers' minds, because I'm apperantely going to get called out for it.
Old 2008-11-22, 20:44   Link #10463
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
They still contribute to the story, and are still canon. They are done by the creators, no just some random staff members.
This NT story contradicts the most recent PD.
Makes you wonder why PD3 was between Kallen and Lelouch too, if he was apperantely so in love with Shirley.
Because Shirley isn't popular?

The average picture drama is really to short to give us any real insight, if they wanted to give us huge insight into Code Geass than they sure as hell wouldn't use picture dramas, they would use novels like how Blizzard has novel series that explains the story of Warcraft, and how things got to be the way they where.
Old 2008-11-22, 20:49   Link #10464
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Because Shirley isn't popular?

If the staff wanted to have the Picture Dramas give us insight into the world of Code Geass they would have. Most of the picture dramas are non important, its not like what Blizzard does which is make sure that each comic/novel tells an important story.
Exactly.

Then again when it comes to Shirley, people dismiss things like, lines from the script being cut {S1 episode 14}.
Of course, Kallen fans can complain about the gumline as well. And C.C fans about her name. It is a never-ending circle actually.
Old 2008-11-22, 21:07   Link #10465
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Oh my, what a tussel I missed while traveling for Thanksgiving. And I thought the NT Booklet had caused a bit too large of a debate.

Humor me a bit. Is there going to be any actual discussion of new material anymore or just pure, unadulterated shipping?
Old 2008-11-22, 21:08   Link #10466
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post
Oh my, what a tussel I missed while traveling for Thanksgiving. And I thought the NT Booklet had caused a bit too large of a debate.

Humor me a bit. Is there going to be any actual discussion of new material anymore or just pure, unadulterated shipping?
The latter.
Old 2008-11-22, 22:52   Link #10467
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I'm sure I've disagreed with this before, but I don't see how he would have begun forgiving him. As Turn 18 and 21 show, Suzaku's got the memory of a fish when it comes to that sort of thing. In Turn 17 he was ready to forgive Zero, then the meeting is fucked up because of his carelessness (really, if you're going to arrange a secret meeting, make sure you're not followed) and he's right back to wanting Zero punished in 18. He remembers that both Shirley and Euphy didn't finger Lelouch as Zero in 21, yet still goes back to revenge mere minutes later. I'll admit that Shirley can build bridges, but covering that gap is like trying to bridge the Grand Canyon the long way. Simply put, only Lelouch himself, and outright agreeing to die at that, were enough to get him to play ball.
Yeah, we've disagreed. I guess I'm resuming the conversation.

I think principle to Suzaku's attitude towards Lelouch in 17 was his identification that Lelouch was Shirley's killer. A year had passed since Euphie's death, and as Turn 8 showed, Suzaku's heart had already begun seeking answers rather than revenge. You can even see this in Suzaku's initial hesitation to identify Lelouch as the revived Zero--Suzaku did not want to see Lelouch as a criminal, so he irrationally held onto the hope that Lelouch hadn't regained his memories. The immediacy of Shirley's death, however, made his mind up for him: he could not afford the (what he saw as) vain hope that Lelouch was not the Zero who had betrayed him, and one day the entire world.

Anyway, his interactions with Lelouch afterwards were coloured by that. The despair of not being able to believe in his friend. In his mind, his leniency had already caused two tragedies. It was not until he was faced with the consequences of this prejudice, Lelouch's death by his hand, that he was able to release it.

So to restate what's relevant: Shirley's death was a trigger for Suzaku's prejudice. Without it, his reconciliation with Lelouch would have occured much earlier.

Quote:
Assuming the conversation even happened, which it wouldn't since he'd never meet the Emperor at the cult, it would have actually kept him away from Kallen. Suzaku was pissed when Lelouch attacked Tokyo after their meeting went south, and that was the only way Kallen was coming home. Of course, the meeting would go down the same regardless, since Schenizel's spying is independent of those events, and the rest would play out similarly.
See above about Suzaku. Lelouch's mindframe played a role during the battle of Tokyo as well. As for the conversation not happening in the first place, I don't really mind, 'cause then Schniezel's spying wouldn't have happened at all, and that'd support my main point that Lelouch wouldn't have resorted to Zero Requiem had Shirley survived.

I still think Lelouch and Suzaku's attitudes played an important part in how that conversation played out, however. So even had it occurred, and Schniezel spied on them, something would be different. Remember that the clip Schniezel ending up using came from the most hurtful part of Suzaku's rant, where he was basically treating Lelouch's entire existance like that of an unfeeling, inhuman betrayer. Although Suzaku started believing that in Stage 25, the resurgence of that attitude was only caused by the circumstantial evidence surrounding Shirley's death (Shirley having regained her memories, Zero/Lelouch being in the area, her death being apparently a suicide (easily suggesting Lelouch's geass), and Lelouch going missing afterwards). Had Suzaku approached him in a questioning rather than accusatory manner, Schniezel'd have to look elsewhere for incriminating material.

Quote:
Shirley would not have been enough to stop him, I think. When he lost the Black Knights he lost the ability to affect change in a rational manner, and losing Rolo would go hand in hand with that. He'd push Shirley away same as he did Kallen to complete his plan, because in light of the world nearly being tanged he just lost faith in humanity getting the message through normal means.
I didn't really say anything about what Shirley might have done to stop him. Rather, this point relies only on the basic assumption that Lelouch's suicidal attitude in Turn 19 was in response to having lost 'everything': Shirley was dead, Rolo was dead, Nunally was 'dead'. He basically had nothing left to live for; that's why, even though Zero Requiem gave him a purpose, it still ended in his death. Remove that suicidal desire, and a different plan is formed. That's basically the endpoint of my whole argument with this anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
So, if I am understanding you, she exploited the situation to get what she wanted.

What did Lelouch do? He exploited the situation to get what he wanted. His sleeping with Kallen certainly had nothing to do with getting Nunally back, just as Shirley's actions towards Lelouch had shit to do with her Dad magically getting revived.

I don't really see how this helps you or hurts my point in any way shape or form. They are recipricals under notably different situations, but their actions are roughly similar. How, exactly, are they different? Lelouch lost a bucket ton more than Shirley, so his crash was notably more severe. But they still attempted to seek comfort from others and not think about what they had lost. Shirley used her father to get Lelouch's pity, and get comfort. Lelouch did the same thing with Kallen, just that she was the one who talked about Nunally.

The only point you can argue in this is Freudian of what Lelouch saw in Kallen. I can easily say that he wanted her because it was her. You can easily say the opposite, and this won't get anywhere.

That was hardly her only reaction. What about her reaction when she found him dead? She did not get to Lelouch immediately after, she first cried her eyes out. And as you said, she wanted him to be kind to her, she was after his comfort. Like Lelouch was after Kallen's comfort. They had different circumstances, vastly different, but they ultimately sought the same thing.

I do not see how you can see it was his attempt to escape Nunally, any more than Shirley's usage of Lelouch was her trying to escape her father's death.

Here we are again employing Freudian logic. Unless you can read their minds, you cannot say such a thing matter-of-factly. Lelouch saw Kallen, in that instance, as someone he wanted comfort from. You won't say that he did it because he saw Kallen as someone he was attracted to, obviously, because that goes against your point. But you also cannot say what you are saying so flatly because you do not know. Maybe it would have had a personal significance for him, you do not know. He's done enough with her to make it just as plausible as none at all.
Here's the point, since you're not getting it. What did Shirley say to get Lelouch to comfort her? "Lelouch...save me." What did Lelouch say to get Kallen to comfort him? "There are things you can do as a woman." Was Lelouch attracted? Sure, why not. Would recieving the kiss have been personally meaningful? No.

Jesus, this point was not supposed to get that long.

Quote:
So we're going to continue shaping ZR to fit our argument? The justice Kallen was after was a kind world, just like what Nunally was after. You make it sound like Kallen is an idiot. If she understands what the plan is, then she will see that it is still the exact same Lelouch, standing for exactly what he was standing for the entire time. You can't say that it is the opposite of what she believed he stood for when he did nothing different from normal. She's known of his crimes, his geassing Euphemia, and so on, she still followed him. All the evil he's commited to better the world, you just completely throw that out.
A Lelouch who wants to kill himself...is the exact same Lelouch, huh? I'm not saying that Kallen forgot all of the evil Lelouch had committed. I'm saying she was okay with it. That's why she continued following him, after all. The point of Zero Requiem was that Lelouch was not okay with it (anymore). Or more like, Suzaku was not okay with it and Lelouch wanted to die. These things oppose Kallen's interests, okay?

Quote:
Lelouch predicted it, and used it to his advantage. He used Rivalz, how is that hard to see? He rejected him from then on because he was useless but he still used him to that point. He pushed him away after using him, don't take just the half that suits you. He used him, then discarded him. Tell me how his using Rivalz as a messenger boy is at all comparable to how he treated Kallen.
Okay, and? Lelouch also 'used' Kallen blowing up Lancelot Albion to declare that the Knight of Zero was dead. He totally manipulated and took advantage of her, what an asshole amirite.

Quote:
Wtf? She questioned herself and him, that is questioning whether you are doing the right or wrong thing. If she didn't believe it, the scene wouldn't have happened.
lol, so now you're telling me questioning == believing. Right. You're also clearly misunderstanding me if you think that scene is even relevant. Suzaku and Nina don't 'question' Lelouch's actions. In fact, Suzaku goes out of his way to make sure Lelouch doesn't waver. What Suzaku and Nina desire, and what Lelouch is willing to oblige, is to make him pay. They are clearly on the side of "Lelouch you were wrong". Acceptance of this is critical to being able to participate in helping him kill himself. Do you really think Kallen, who last we saw was saying she'd die for his sorry (wrong) ass, fits in there?

Quote:
The only thing that I really need to say: If Kallen had never been captured, forcing Lelouch to go OOC to get her back, then Shirley would never have even been involved with him for the season.
I don't see the connection. Also elaborate on what you mean by Lelouch going OOC. Zero, yeah sure, but Lelouch? Development in Turn 07 and Turn 09 say otherwise.

Quote:
No offense, but when someone applies this much Freudian to an argument and states things as if they can read the minds of the characters and see the future, I get really turned off from it. So I might not reply.
You are using Freudian as a noun, and I don't know what it means. I can read characters' minds and see the future, though. At least better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
They still contribute to the story, and are still canon. They are done by the creators, no just some random staff members.
This NT story contradicts the most recent PD.
Makes you wonder why PD3 was between Kallen and Lelouch too, if he was apperantely so in love with Shirley.
Yeah, so you have something against me. You say 'apparently', but I've not seen anybody on this board (least of all myself) claim Lelouch was 'so in love with Shirley'. I've taken what you've said regarding the 'canonicity' of stuff at face value thus far, but an attitude like that is hurting your credibility.
Old 2008-11-22, 23:28   Link #10468
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Here's the point, since you're not getting it. What did Shirley say to get Lelouch to comfort her? "Lelouch...save me." What did Lelouch say to get Kallen to comfort him? "There are things you can do as a woman." Was Lelouch attracted? Sure, why not. Would recieving the kiss have been personally meaningful? No.

Jesus, this point was not supposed to get that long.
My point was that they sought the same thing, comfort. You have yet to show otherwise. The reason they acted differently was, as I said, that they had different circumstances. Lelouch lost his reason to live, Shirley lost her dad. Doesn't change that they, ultimately, still sought the same thing. Making the scenarios not all that different, neither was good. As such, neither held good romantic value.

If you want to argue that all that Shirley had on her mind was Lelouch (many hours after finding out her father had died) and that this is somehow positive, then I can argue that the fact that Lelouch (hours after losing his sister in person) seeing Kallen as someone he wanted comfort from as a positive.

Its not like Shirley lost her dad and five minutes later met Lelouch. We are talking hours later. She had time. She didn't just run to him to save her.

Why wouldn't the kiss have been meaningful if it had happened? Why did Shirley have any meaning if Lelouch's wouldn't? Lelouch certainly didn't see Shirley as a lover when she confronted him. And its not like Lelouch doesn't care for Kallen at this point, otherwise why would he do the things he does for her and around her? Just like with Shirley?

Quote:
A Lelouch who wants to kill himself...is the exact same Lelouch, huh? I'm not saying that Kallen forgot all of the evil Lelouch had committed. I'm saying she was okay with it. That's why she continued following him, after all. The point of Zero Requiem was that Lelouch was not okay with it (anymore). Or more like, Suzaku was not okay with it and Lelouch wanted to die. These things oppose Kallen's interests, okay?
A Lelouch who wants to save the world is the same Lelouch. His methods changed slightly his goal did not. Lelouch always acted the part of evil, he simply never wanted to kill himself. Perhaps if Kallen had been involved, like you reasoned with Shirley, he wouldn't have died. Who knows? You and I certainly don't.

So she was okay with his evil, but he wasn't... because he then proceeded to create even more evil and submerge the world in it? And she opposed him. That clearly means she was okay with his evil... She wasn't okay with his evil. She accepted it as a necessary part, just as Lelouch had accepted it. Neither of them were 'fine' with it however.

Lelouch wanted to fix the world, and made a decision how to go about it, probably because of what Suzaku wanted from him. That is what happened. The only part that goes against Kallen's interest is him dying.

Quote:
Okay, and? Lelouch also 'used' Kallen blowing up Lancelot Albion to declare that the Knight of Zero was dead. He totally manipulated and took advantage of her, what an asshole amirite.
... He did? I'm pretty sure Suzaku was openly trying to beat her, and that he admitted, to his surprise, that he had been beaten. If Lelouch 'used' Kallen to beat Suzaku, Suzaku wouldn't have been trying to win. Yet he was. Your point is moot.

Quote:
lol, so now you're telling me questioning == believing. Right. You're also clearly misunderstanding me if you think that scene is even relevant. Suzaku and Nina don't 'question' Lelouch's actions. In fact, Suzaku goes out of his way to make sure Lelouch doesn't waver. What Suzaku and Nina desire, and what Lelouch is willing to oblige, is to make him pay. They are clearly on the side of "Lelouch you were wrong". Acceptance of this is critical to being able to participate in helping him kill himself. Do you really think Kallen, who last we saw was saying she'd die for his sorry (wrong) ass, fits in there?
What? Are we even talking about the same thing? Suzaku, like Kallen, questioned Lelouch prior to ZR. If we are talking about during ZR, she obviously cannot question him beyond "what are you doing" because he didn't tell her anything.

Quote:
I don't see the connection. Also elaborate on what you mean by Lelouch going OOC. Zero, yeah sure, but Lelouch? Development in Turn 07 and Turn 09 say otherwise.
Because he went out of character by breaking his Zero mask, maybe? Which he's broken all of once, for Nunally at the end of Season 1? Acting OOC as Zero, is OOC for Lelouch who has almost always put up the perfect act.

Quote:
You are using Freudian as a noun, and I don't know what it means. I can read characters' minds and see the future, though. At least better than you.
I'm using Freudian (logic) as a noun. I figured the obviously omitted and repeated word 'logic' would have become understood by now, so I truncated.

And that's rather assenine a comment if I ever saw one. You can't read characters minds, you can assume on what the characters are thinking. But thank you for telling me you are better than me at being... something special?
Old 2008-11-22, 23:42   Link #10469
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I think principle to Suzaku's attitude towards Lelouch in 17 was his identification that Lelouch was Shirley's killer. A year had passed since Euphie's death, and as Turn 8 showed, Suzaku's heart had already begun seeking answers rather than revenge. You can even see this in Suzaku's initial hesitation to identify Lelouch as the revived Zero--Suzaku did not want to see Lelouch as a criminal, so he irrationally held onto the hope that Lelouch hadn't regained his memories. The immediacy of Shirley's death, however, made his mind up for him: he could not afford the (what he saw as) vain hope that Lelouch was not the Zero who had betrayed him, and one day the entire world.
I'd have to rewatch to be sure, but I get the distinct impression that Suzaku wants Lelouch to remember because he wants answers, but cannot reconcile that belief with the obvious fact that Lelouch can't be in two places at once. It's only when Shirley dies does he solidify that belief. Even before Shirley's death, Suzaku is really freaking stubborn about letting Zero go because he's a criminal, which extends to Lelouch.

In other words, though Shirley's death may have helped cement his position, all other things equal I imagine he would be only slightly less critical during their conversation. Euphy's death is what was pushing him.

Quote:
Anyway, his interactions with Lelouch afterwards were coloured by that. The despair of not being able to believe in his friend. In his mind, his leniency had already caused two tragedies. It was not until he was faced with the consequences of this prejudice, Lelouch's death by his hand, that he was able to release it.
His interactions with Lelouch before were also colored by that, just not as openly. Suzaku couldn't interact with "no memories" Lelouch following Shirley's death because Lelouch outright abandoned that pretense, so we can't really say how it would have affected any conversation to that end, though I imagine he would have tried to pound some answers out of Lelouch. I'll agree with that last part.

Quote:
So to restate what's relevant: Shirley's death was a trigger for Suzaku's prejudice. Without it, his reconciliation with Lelouch would have occured much earlier.
I just don't see it that way. Suzaku is simply unwilling, in every instance, to hold on to that forgiveness. He lets it go at the slightest opportunity and makes no effort whatsoever to rekindle it, even when it's his own fault.

Quote:
See above about Suzaku. Lelouch's mindframe played a role during the battle of Tokyo as well. As for the conversation not happening in the first place, I don't really mind, 'cause then Schniezel's spying wouldn't have happened at all, and that'd support my main point that Lelouch wouldn't have resorted to Zero Requiem had Shirley survived.
If the conversation never happened, he'd have attacked Tokyo, and Suzaku would drag that bomb out under the same pretense of punishing Zero. Events would fall into line the same way up until the Black Knights' betraying him, which might go the same way if Villetta spilled the beans.

Quote:
I still think Lelouch and Suzaku's attitudes played an important part in how that conversation played out, however. So even had it occurred, and Schniezel spied on them, something would be different. Remember that the clip Schniezel ending up using came from the most hurtful part of Suzaku's rant, where he was basically treating Lelouch's entire existance like that of an unfeeling, inhuman betrayer. Although Suzaku started believing that in Stage 25, the resurgence of that attitude was only caused by the circumstantial evidence surrounding Shirley's death (Shirley having regained her memories, Zero/Lelouch being in the area, her death being apparently a suicide (easily suggesting Lelouch's geass), and Lelouch going missing afterwards). Had Suzaku approached him in a questioning rather than accusatory manner, Schniezel'd have to look elsewhere for incriminating material.
He'd get the incriminating material one way or another, because Suzaku would be just as vocal about getting answers on the things that matter, i.e. Euphy's death. Lelouch's response would be exactly the same, because he simply refuses to make excuses.

Quote:
I didn't really say anything about what Shirley might have done to stop him. Rather, this point relies only on the basic assumption that Lelouch's suicidal attitude in Turn 19 was in response to having lost 'everything': Shirley was dead, Rolo was dead, Nunally was 'dead'. He basically had nothing left to live for; that's why, even though Zero Requiem gave him a purpose, it still ended in his death. Remove that suicidal desire, and a different plan is formed. That's basically the endpoint of my whole argument with this anyway.
Losing Nunnally and the Black Knights is what drove him over the edge. Rolo and Shirley were afterthoughts in that. I just can't buy that the existence of Shirley alone would be enough to dissuade him. Kallen he was just as close to, if not closer, and he had the resolve to brush her off. He could do the same to Shirley.
Old 2008-11-23, 00:13   Link #10470
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
actually having kallen back was enough to make him feel somewhat better after nunnaly died
he stops being comatuse the momnet she enters the room (watch it if you dont belive me,he goes from coma to fully functional)
its the idea of losing her as well (in the sa way that sherly died) that made him push her away
Old 2008-11-23, 00:30   Link #10471
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
actually having kallen back was enough to make him feel somewhat better after nunnaly died
he stops being comatuse the momnet she enters the room (watch it if you dont belive me,he goes from coma to fully functional)
its the idea of losing her as well (in the sa way that sherly died) that made him push her away
Damn it. If Moe C.C. wasn't Moe C.C. at that time , Normal C.C. could've done something to comfort Lelouch. >.<
Old 2008-11-23, 01:36   Link #10472
Nobodyman9
Banned

Once again I'm late for the party. But let me see if I've got the gist of it.

There has been a non-official and non-canon fanfiction, written by an author with a fair amount of credence, that has been published in NewType, one of the most popular and credited magazines about anime, that suggests Shirlulu (and possibly Kalulu to sate the fans) would occur in Lelouch's ideal world. However, the author has been given some recognition as his/her material could be considered "supplementary or secondary canon," so the story could be realizable, but only if you look at it in the most liberal way possible.

Good enough for me.

And it was a really nice story to boot.
Old 2008-11-23, 02:26   Link #10473
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post

There has been a non-official and non-canon fanfiction, written by an author with a fair amount of credence, that has been published in NewType, one of the most popular and credited magazines about anime, that suggests Shirlulu (and possibly Kalulu to sate the fans) would occur in Lelouch's ideal world. However, the author has been given some recognition as his/her material could be considered "supplementary or secondary canon," so the story could be realizable, but only if you look at it in the most liberal way possible.

Good enough for me.

And it was a really nice story to boot.
Sate the fans? WHAT ABOUT C.C.xxLulu Fans?! I call BS lol. Ahh screw it I'll go write my damn C.C.xxLulu fan fics.

All that happens in this thread is tidbits of information come out SUGGESTING a shipping, then immediately all the fans latch onto it claiming its canon while others try to beat them back. Goign back to episodes and analyzing the way a certain characters face moves or his motives isn't what the writers wanted someone to do for romance I'm guessing. My guess is "Hey, lets make a few possible relationships so everyone can be happy!"
Old 2008-11-23, 02:40   Link #10474
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch View Post
Sate the fans? WHAT ABOUT C.C.xxLulu Fans?! I call BS lol. Ahh screw it I'll go write my damn C.C.xxLulu fan fics.
Well I never did say C.C.xLulu fans, I meant sate the Kalulu fans (sorry if you C.C.xLulu fans got gipped in this case).

Quote:
All that happens in this thread is tidbits of information come out SUGGESTING a shipping, then immediately all the fans latch onto it claiming its canon while others try to beat them back.
Yep, I'd say that's pretty accurate. And yet it continues without end.

Quote:
My guess is "Hey, lets make a few possible relationships so everyone can be happy!"
Well, I see that worked well.
Old 2008-11-23, 07:19   Link #10475
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Damn it. If Moe C.C. wasn't Moe C.C. at that time , Normal C.C. could've done something to comfort Lelouch. >.<
kallen didnt do anything to comfort him
she never had the chance
she just walked in to the room and that was enough to get him to feel better (he was still sad, but he wasnt catatonic anymore)
when she was going for actual comfort attempt they got ambushed
Old 2008-11-23, 07:23   Link #10476
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Blame CC who locked herself in her inner world while Lelouch needed help -_-

Seriously I still don't understand the whole concept of Moe CC...I thought it was firstly to give her another try to live a normal life, or it was because she was going to end up like this but no, it was useless O_o

Quote:

Good enough for me
You took my words out of my mouth. I definitely can't see this as canon, but it could be a way possible (and it could lead to some romantic comedy really funny...Kallen's thread )

Old 2008-11-23, 07:29   Link #10477
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Blame CC who locked herself in her inner world while Lelouch needed help -_-

Seriously I still don't understand the whole concept of Moe CC...I thought it was firstly to give her another try to live a normal life, or it was because she was going to end up like this but no, it was useless O_o

)
Ha-ha! I have to agree with you there. Maybe it was needed for the Marianne encounter, ne?Still, there are other ways for C.C. and Marianne's reunion. Maybe...Moe C.C. is for the..male audiences.
Old 2008-11-23, 08:40   Link #10478
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Seems like Kallen's capture and Moe C.C. can be listed together...Hmm, my take on it.
Moe C.C.:
1. MOE, just MOE.
2. Marianya encounter.
3. Something...at least something should let to the point that Lelouch is willing to face Suzaku (and optionally) gets stamped by the latter.

On the other hand, Kallen's capture is just another interruption of all the interruptions in or before her capture which let her never understood Lelouch well enough to figure out ZR.
Oh I did like her dress~
Old 2008-11-23, 08:54   Link #10479
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

The whole comfort thing is really mostly a matter of interpretation.
I think the main difference is that Shirley would not have jumped anyone but Lelouch, whereas I believe that Lelouch hadn't cared at all if it had been Viletta infront of him.
Errr... wait, scary thought. xD
Not to mention that Viletta would not have just slapped him... *snickers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
I always thought the point of that was Lelouch getting to know C.C.'s "old self", so that in the end, they truly understood each other as accomplices.
Sure, C.C. still didn't know Lelouch as good as Suzaku did, but that was almost impossible from the start and doesn't change the fact that Lelouch probably knew her almost as good as she herself did.
Old 2008-11-23, 09:05   Link #10480
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

kallen's capture serves several needs
1) it gives lelouch a reason to go back to ashford rather then stay in the CF and work on the UFN
that way he gets involved in the events of cupid day and sherly's death
it also removes the one person why might have stopped him from commiting mass murder
2)it gives an excuse for the guren to get an upgrade (explining what it has britannian technolegy)
3)it removes kallen from lelouch's side so that she gets some new insight into his relationship with nunnaly and sees his true face (the picture with suzaku)
that last part however doesnt get expressed until the very last moments of the anime since its only at that point that she figures out the truth about his actions (where as no one else does)

P.S
she did understand what he was trying to do
he really was trying to take over the world (which is why she was fighting to stop him)
the only thing that she didnt understand was that taking over the world was just step one of his plan
and can you blame her
who the fuck would think that there is actually someone who would come up with a plan that involves
step 1 - take over world
step 2 - ????
step 3 - profit

Tags
romance