AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-11-02, 11:10   Link #1861
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

If Rolo had not rescued him in ep 19, he would probably geass the whole room to follow his commands. Only Kallen would stand still and gap.

Also, I like Rolo in a way of his loyalty. Even trough Lelouch rejected him and told him face 2 face that he lied to him and used him. He still wanted to stand by his side until the very end and his sacrifice proved his loyalty.

But of all things, I wish Rolo had seen his shrink more often.
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 11:19   Link #1862
NyxOne

He couldn't have. Schneizel was there, and half the present Order members were inside Knightmares. But I digress.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 12:46   Link #1863
Aquaman OS

Lelouch was going to let them kill him had Rolo not interfered. He said so himself.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 14:04   Link #1864
Attenborough Cortitc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
If Rolo had not rescued him in ep 19, he would probably geass the whole room to follow his commands. Only Kallen would stand still and gap.

Also, I like Rolo in a way of his loyalty. Even trough Lelouch rejected him and told him face 2 face that he lied to him and used him. He still wanted to stand by his side until the very end and his sacrifice proved his loyalty.

But of all things, I wish Rolo had seen his shrink more often.
Considering that Lelouch had every reason to hate him in the first place. Seems like Rolo was just in denial.
Attenborough Cortitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 15:24   Link #1865
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attenborough Cortitc View Post
Considering that Lelouch had every reason to hate him in the first place. Seems like Rolo was just in denial.
Of course he was.
He wasn't exactly the epitome of sanity, after all.
Still, it wasn't his fault that he was a living weapon trying to be human, and Lelouch knew that.
That doesn't mean Rolo wasn't loyal.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 15:30   Link #1866
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
he didnt ax lulu the second he said that he tried to kill him
thats a plus
Old 2008-11-13, 20:28   Link #1867
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

My feelings for Rolo though out the series are kind of like Lelouchs I imagene. When he first came in ( When Lelouch first realized the trueth about Rolo) I hated him. I just thought he was useful to be used. Even though I knew about his past I didn't care. Then after the whole Shirly thing I wanted him to die. I hated him so much!! (Like Lelouch) But then to my suprise he saved him in the end. And his little speach was so sad!! In the end brother might have been using me to. But those memories were genuine. Because of that.....
I am not a tool. This is my own will! I was very moved. And when he died I was so saddend that I hadn't gotten to know him before. I wasn't sympathetic at all! It wasn't his fault that he was so messed up! Leave it to CG to make the death of such hated character like Rolo's sad an moving. I never realized that I would come to care for him.
Old 2008-11-23, 00:40   Link #1868
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
My feelings for Rolo though out the series are kind of like Lelouchs I imagene. When he first came in ( When Lelouch first realized the trueth about Rolo) I hated him. I just thought he was useful to be used. Even though I knew about his past I didn't care. Then after the whole Shirly thing I wanted him to die. I hated him so much!! (Like Lelouch) But then to my suprise he saved him in the end. And his little speach was so sad!! In the end brother might have been using me to. But those memories were genuine. Because of that.....
I am not a tool. This is my own will! I was very moved. And when he died I was so saddend that I hadn't gotten to know him before. I wasn't sympathetic at all! It wasn't his fault that he was so messed up! Leave it to CG to make the death of such hated character like Rolo's sad an moving. I never realized that I would come to care for him.
I know. The makers really make you like the character at the time of his/her death.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 01:32   Link #1869
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

The way I see it though is that Rolo was the same likable, misunderstood, tortured soul all along. It's a shame that only through his death did most people come to like him. His killing Shirley really hurt some people.
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 01:56   Link #1870
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
The way I see it though is that Rolo was the same likable, misunderstood, tortured soul all along. It's a shame that only through his death did most people come to like him. His killing Shirley really hurt some people.
Of course. Because it was almost unnecessary and irrational thing that irritated the masses. For Shirley haters , I think they loved him for that.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 12:31   Link #1871
Jaime Kordek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Of course. Because it was almost unnecessary and irrational thing that irritated the masses. For Shirley haters , I think they loved him for that.
Actually, quite a few Shirley haters immediately converted to Rolo haters when he killed her. It was such a despicable act, and then the final conversation Lelouch had with Shirley, and then Rolo kept surviving for a few episodes. What's truly amazing is that even after that, they managed to make us stop hating Rolo for at least a moment when he died.
Jaime Kordek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 12:44   Link #1872
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Kordek View Post
Actually, quite a few Shirley haters immediately converted to Rolo haters when he killed her. It was such a despicable act, and then the final conversation Lelouch had with Shirley, and then Rolo kept surviving for a few episodes. What's truly amazing is that even after that, they managed to make us stop hating Rolo for at least a moment when he died.
I never hated Rolo, it her fault for mentioning Nunnally in front of him.
Knight Of Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 12:54   Link #1873
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
I never hated Rolo, it her fault for mentioning Nunnally in front of him.
its her fault that he murdered her without warning or provocation
that he just figured "sure, i know this girl for a long time and i know my brother likes her alot"
"but she said the N word"

that was as rape the dog as it gets
the only thing that saved him from forever being the scrappy is "redemption equals death"
Old 2008-11-23, 13:10   Link #1874
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
that was as rape the dog as it gets
the only thing that saved him from forever being the scrappy is "redemption equals death"
Yeah... its up to the viewer to determine if he was really redeemed.

And he sure as hell isn't redeemed in my eyes.
Old 2008-11-23, 13:20   Link #1875
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah... its up to the viewer to determine if he was really redeemed.

And he sure as hell isn't redeemed in my eyes.
well than I guess Lelouch isn't redeem in your eyes either, sames goes for Shirley sense death doesn't equal redeem in your view.
Old 2008-11-23, 13:26   Link #1876
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Zero View Post
well than I guess Lelouch isn't redeem in your eyes either, sames goes for Shirley sense death doesn't equal redeem in your view.
Lelouch atoned for his sins, and he wasn't a psychotic assassin who'll kill people just for mentioning someone's name. Shirley had no need to atone and thus had no need to be redeemed through death.

Its like one person said on this thread way back, anyone can be moved by a death scene, but what Rolo displayed was not love, but selfishness. But I'm not gonna get into that with you.
Old 2008-11-23, 13:37   Link #1877
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Lelouch atoned for his sins, and he wasn't a psychotic assassin who'll kill people just for mentioning someone's name. Shirley had no need to atone and thus had no need to be redeemed through death.

Its like one person said on this thread way back, anyone can be moved by a death scene, but what Rolo displayed was not love, but selfishness. But I'm not gonna get into that with you.
It can't be help that he a little psychotic he was raise to be a psychotic assassin. Your just mad cause he killed Shirley.
Old 2008-11-23, 13:39   Link #1878
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Zero View Post
Well it's an awesome line "He who saves one life saves the world entire...." but I don't think you should compare Rolo saving Lelouch in one moment of heroism to Lelouch planning his own death in one attempt to restart the world.

I don't feel like neither of them is 'redeemed' in my eyes, anyway. The horrible things they have done are still there.

Missing your point about Shirley completely.

EDIT: mh, maybe it can't be helped. But it's up to the viewer to decide if being raised as a psychotic assasin makes you cute and forgivable or not. And frankly, the 'I hate him because he deliberately killed my favourite characters for some reason stupid as hell' is one of the healtiest bias I've seen round this place.

Last edited by Levy; 2008-11-23 at 14:01.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 14:07   Link #1879
Levy
differently sober

I'm more of the opinion that Rolo was egoist indeed in saving Lelouch, and I do not love his character because I find him kind of boring and a bit pathetic, too, but that's just me.

Now I get it, but I don't think it is a sin. Otherwise is very honorable to have a heart that is able to feel love stronger than hatred.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 14:23   Link #1880
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

the question is this
would you forgive him if all he did was save lelouch (and not die)
i wouldnt (still dont forgive him for it, but at least i dont hate him as much)