AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: finding it difficult to make time for anime?
yes 46 56.10%
no 36 43.90%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-29, 15:13   Link #21
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Not at all. I have so much free time, I could probably watch a lot of series in just a few days. The problem lately is that I'm in a somewhat of an Anime Withdrawal. I've been working on trying to finish Higurashi (Which I started maybe a year or so ago), I have to finish Rosario + Vampire, VK Guilty...

The reason I'm probably not watching VK Guilty is because I've read the manga and I know what's coming. But I don't know about the others. Higurashi is somewhat slow.

It's probably cause I still can't get over the epicness of R2's ending O.O Code Geass is the only anime I'm really watching at the moment.

I have the time but I don't feel like it.
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 19:39   Link #22
animeboy12

I guess it's the anime for me though because it's a month ago I finished Neon Genesis Evangelion in 2 day, 13 episodes a day. Now I'll be watching an anime and randomly just stop watching after the 1st 10 minutes. It's so hard anime series doing something different
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 21:22   Link #23
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Very much so, and I don't even do much either. Most of my time is taken away due to schoolwork.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 03:22   Link #24
Saki_chan

Yeah, I'm heading into finals week, so I've got some definite time constraints to deal with. Still, if I've learned one thing in college, it's that there's always time to procrastinate.
Saki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 07:44   Link #25
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

24 min of Gundam.. 24 min of CLANNAD... it's not much time.
Old 2008-11-30, 20:17   Link #26
SOJC
Mathemagician

I barely seem to have any time for anime...I'm a Maths student so I always seem to be working and this week I've had no free time at all to watch anything...
I haven't watched any in the past week...
And when I finally get my work done, I never seem to get around to watching anything...I've been watching Minami-ke for about the last 8 weeks...and I'm only on episode 6...

It's so annoying, to get to Sunday evening and realise I've run out of time to watch anything...
SOJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 20:57   Link #27
animeboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
that's 48 minutes of study time though
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 21:57   Link #28
Shadow Kira01

On average, I watch about 15-20 episodes a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
So true.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 11:27   Link #29
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I have to admit, college really takes a lot of your leisure time. I am really busy these days, rushing off to library just finish my task and also important assignments that will determine my admission to overseas universities. Because i am watching 16 autumn animes,sometimes i have to wake up early in the morning like 5am just to watch and also to take notice of any news regarding new animes.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 18:27   Link #30
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

It's been hard finding time for anime for about 4 or 5 years now for me...But I DO find the time and pretty much for about a half-of-decade now I reserve atleast 1 night out of the week (usually a weekend day or a weekly off day) to watching all the $hit I watch...Sometimes I can watch as much as 8-13 shows (@ 22 mins a piece that's not that much)...I pretty much try not to watch anime on Sunday as that's my sportsday, but since Gundam 00 and Code Geass decided to screw me in S2 and not come out until Sunday I have forced myself to watch it just so I can keep up with the forum discussions..Usually I watch anything that airs after Friday on the following week...
Old 2008-12-06, 00:17   Link #31
u43368
Disabled By Request

No, but I do often have trouble actually finding the anime, which demotivates me.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 00:32   Link #32
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Working life surely takes away a lot of your time. Right now my average anime time is 2 hours maximum on Sunday. I can't spare any for Monday to Friday slot. It is reality but I have put food on my table.
Old 2008-12-06, 01:10   Link #33
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

no, without my "me" time, I'll go nuts so I always make time for it and other such things. I don't watch T.V. either, and I'm finding some outtings to be boring and a waste of money as I'm getting older.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 10:07   Link #34
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Being a social worker, I tend to receive cases at odd hours.
Take for instance, at 2am, while in Osaka, I received a call from Nara, saying that a teen was about to commit suicide in order to "cross dimensions" to meet Haruhi. Obviously, a Haruhiist.

And my working hours tend to be irregular, depending on the cases I have and any attachments. I try to make time for an average of an episode per day. In fact, even when I have free time on the job, I'd more likely be posting here than watching anime.

However, this season, my anime load is lighter, I only have to concentrate on CLANNAD After and sometimes, Toradora.
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 10:26   Link #35
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
It really depends on my work load. Nowadays, I have lots of time for animes, but that will soon change when it's time for school again.

To be able to watch all of the animes I want, though, is a different story.
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 13:55   Link #36
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
No not really i work from 7:30 to 8pm almost everyday except for saturdays i have kendo a few times a week on weekends. But i dont watch regular tv so thats probably why. But i still find time to watch anime and play videogames and study japanese but i could use a bit more sleep.
Old 2008-12-08, 17:48   Link #37
greatpower2

I felt I needed to watch anime so I'm giving up video games for a week or so. So it's easy to find time for me.
greatpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 12:26   Link #38
Appurukami

I really dont have enough time for all the stuff I do in general.
So mostly I have to watch anime late at night when theres nothing else to do and just sacrifice a lot of sleep.
Appurukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 16:15   Link #39
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
I was expecting there to be an overwhelming amount of 'yes' votes and very few 'no' votes, but I guess I was mistaken. I usually never have time for actual anime viewing other than on Friday afternoons and Saturdays. Sunday is the day I finish all my weekend homework and spend time with my family. Even Saturdays aren't fully free for me because I go to church. Weekdays are usually filled with homework, music lessons, martial arts lessons, etc. I do get an hour or so of free time, but that would only let me watch two or three episodes of anime so I tend to use the time to do other things. My holiday vacations and breaks are packed with anime viewing and gaming.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 19:20   Link #40
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I should be more busy pretty soon, given a new school sem (and my final one), then it's off to teacher's college and work. So, yeah, I do expect to have less time for anime/manga.