Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-30, 11:56   Link #1021
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Heh heh was I making such a big influence?
I'm just used to visiting this thread at the weekend and checking out your summaries.
Old 2008-11-30, 15:18   Link #1022
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

It also became my habit of typing the summery, I actually enjoy writing it more then I thought I would, and still, excuse me for my awful english, spelling, grammar, and an absolutely tiny volcab ^_^'' english isn't my best subject.

A few page back, I think I mentioned that Shugo Chara is almost the new Cardcaptor Sakura. Shugo Chara manga certainly is on par with Cardcaptor Sakura manga, while Shugo Chara anime definately not as good as CCS. CCS had a better script, better fillers and better animation consistancey. CCS obviously would have a better script since CLAMP wrote it for the anime.

GAH I want the new Shugo Chara DS game, apparenly Amu-chan would chara-nari with other shugo charas, including Yoru and Musashi (I think). WHY THE HECK ISNT NAKAYOSHI MAKING A CALANDER THIS YEAR?!?! Okay, they are making one, just one issue later then Ribon...fuuu. Slightly disapointed with the Shugo Chara page in the calendar, Koge Donbo and Ema Toyama (Honestly her artwork is so nice, I think she'll earn more if she did moe manga ^_^'') pages are the high light in the calendar. And yes, Nakayosi finally knows how to rip fans off, volume 8 is released as 'Normal' 'Special' 'Limited' editions....

Buono! is still continuing doing the endings, the next ending is already planned. There's leaked information that it is going to be called 'Koi no mahou potion', but since it's leak, it's not 100% accurate.

Last edited by musume_no_hoshi; 2008-12-01 at 12:09.
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 01:48   Link #1023
Asrialys

Not sure if anyone else knew about this, but Peach-Pit's website has some nice downloads. Shugo Chara desktop icons, some Zombie-Loan wallpaper, and a Rozen Maiden wallpaper dating the release of the first Shinsouban.

http://p-pit.net/special/index.html#01

Just look for the pink links. The icons are in a zip file.

Quote:
And yes, Nakayosi finally knows how to rip fans off, volume 8 is released as 'Normal' 'Special' 'Limited' editions....
What's with that anyway? I saw the Special one listed on Amazon and it mentioned a calendar (that's what I was able to read). There weren't any details though. Heh, I wonder if the Special even includes the postcards...
Old 2008-12-07, 07:59   Link #1024
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Well with a mixture of google translation and chinese reading skills (just reading the kanjis ;P) thats what I got from the official nakayoshi website.

http://games.nakayosi-net.com/goods/index.html

Normal edition - just the manga
Special Edition - manga (I think the special edition have a special cover) and 5 postcards
Limited Edition - manga and desktop calender

Don't trust nakayoshi with their special edition...I got a kamichama karin special edition and all it had was a plastic cover >_>'' I do recomend Ribon's special edition with Shinshi Doumei Cross...it has full colour playing cards xD But obviously that depends on what series you like.

And now, every SINGLE cover of Nakayoshi is Shugo Chara...I mean even the first issue of Nakayoshi with Shugo Chara doesn't even have a Shugo Chara cover ^_^''

Shugo Chara icons <3 too bad they don't match my dark theme on my desktop. Maybe I should have a very pinkish girly theme

Okay episode 61 wasn't great, and the subs are already out anyway. I'll just do a super breif summery. It's great that the speed sub now works with the first HD raw that is out. I just need to download the sub file and not the whole episode again

Episode 61

Spoiler for Episode 61:
Old 2008-12-07, 08:12   Link #1025
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 61 was plenty of fun. Made me laugh quite a bit how over the top positive Kiran was.
Old 2008-12-07, 10:16   Link #1026
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I haven't started doki! yet. I figure I'd like to marathon, so we'll see how long I can wait...

All the volumes of shugo chara manga have been released as normal and special types. The special volumes are all just like the normal volumes but they come with a few postcards and holographic cover to set them apart. And from checking amazon.co.jp, as far as I can tell, the limited volume this time just comes with a calendar and nothing more. I've been getting every special volume up 'til now, and I don't intend to stop (I love the postcards ), though now it's more difficult since I can't just run to Gamers anymore...
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 10:24   Link #1027
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I've only been collecting the hong kong chinese volumes They're cheap, legal and very similar to the original japanese version, well the normal version. A random note, the chinese version of Nakayoshi, Comic Fans, serializes the 4-koma of Shugo Chara. I got like one chapter of it, it's pretty hilarious.

To get japanese manga in England, you have to pay a premium. I had to import my Shinshi Doumei Cross volume 11 special edition, and it costed me around £12. While it's around 1200 yen in japan, which is around £7. Yes, I'm one of those crazy Arina-chi fans...I even have her japanese edition artbook and KKJ japanese re-release version. Maybe you do have a chance to buy them in London...but I don't live in London T^T.

Lets hope my mum can find my Shugo Chara volume 8 limited edition, I have a special love for calenders.
Old 2008-12-07, 15:30   Link #1028
Asrialys

Quote:
Well with a mixture of google translation and chinese reading skills (just reading the kanjis ;P) thats what I got from the official nakayoshi website.

http://games.nakayosi-net.com/goods/index.html

Normal edition - just the manga
Special Edition - manga (I think the special edition have a special cover) and 5 postcards
Limited Edition - manga and desktop calender

Don't trust nakayoshi with their special edition...I got a kamichama karin special edition and all it had was a plastic cover >_>'' I do recomend Ribon's special edition with Shinshi Doumei Cross...it has full colour playing cards xD But obviously that depends on what series you like.
Well, I'm for sure getting the Special Edition, since I've gotten the last seven. lol I was considering how fan enough I was to get the one with the desk calendar that I'm not even going to use. I'm already getting the 2009 calendar...
Old 2008-12-08, 16:56   Link #1029
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Oh my, the new opening's PV is released. All I could do is /facepalm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Ho4gn9z-I

I don't like anime within PVs, and the clips just NO way fits in. The CG is definately yesterday's techology. And the dance isn't catchy either, and it's too simple X_X''. At least I'm getting used to the song. I'm totally biased here because I wanted Buono! to do the opening. On the other hand, the costumes are made well. Amulet Cover's chara-nari costume looks better in real life then it is in the anime. Amulet Spade's costume looks worst in real life then in anime.

I'll just stick to Rottara Rottara...or the new ending soon enough.
Old 2008-12-08, 18:03   Link #1030
FireChick

I thought the PV was cool! Hey! At least I got to tell their voices apart!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 07:43   Link #1031
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
The PV is so cute!!

Took me quite sometime to get used to the opening and ending of Doki but it's all good now.
Also I'm thankful the episodes come out quite fast.

*now on episode 61
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 12:41   Link #1032
Zerochidori
Rouge

Im really loving this series. I love how its so light and you can tak a break from it and not really miss a beat. I loved 61, I was thinking that Kiran is like that girl who is so energetic that it gets to you. Overall good ep.
Zerochidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 13:39   Link #1033
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I'm not sure if it's been posted yet or not, sorry if repost.

Shugo Chara Calendar 2009

Cover:

January / February:

March / April:

May / June:

July / August:

September / October:

November / December:
Old 2008-12-13, 17:11   Link #1034
Zerochidori
Rouge

Very nice pics
Old 2008-12-13, 17:49   Link #1035
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Not posted yet ^_^'' I seen them on animepaper already, but I lack of paper to download them Cookie for you <3

Episode 62 is great. Can't ask for more Nagihiko and Rima-tan after this episode. Summery again~

Spoiler for Episode62:
Old 2008-12-13, 20:51   Link #1036
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks for the calender images. I'm tempting to order it myself.

Spoiler for Episode 62:
Old 2008-12-13, 23:53   Link #1037
Zerochidori
Rouge

Spoiler for Episode 62:
Old 2008-12-14, 11:02   Link #1038
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerochidori View Post
Spoiler for Episode 62:
Spoiler for thoughts on episode 62:

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-12-14 at 11:18.
Old 2008-12-14, 17:18   Link #1039
Chiisa
Love target... LOCK ON!

While browsing the interwebs yesterday I found someones blog and they talked about the desktop calendar that came with Shugo chara volume 8. They did post some pictures but most likely they were taken with a camera phone so the quality isn't very good, but I though you guys might like to see them.
These are the only ones they uploaded:

You can see Nagi's other Chara
Chiisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 23:02   Link #1040
Asrialys

Argh! I knew I should have gotten it :P I don't think Amazon has them anymore. Meh, would have cost me $60 (including Special Edition 8).

Tags
comedy, magical girl, school life, shoujo