AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-18, 12:42   Link #141
Kirarakim

I enjoyed episode 6 but I understand why it would turn some people off. There certainly is a lot of talking which doesn't necessarily work well for animation. In this case it probably would be better to just read the book but since I can't I stick with the long animated discussion. Although the discussion about the different supernatural techniques, then leading to the story of the box maker was really interesting to me. I also really do love the quiet atmosphere of this series.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 12:51   Link #142
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've got nothing against episode six, i enjoyed it quite a bit though just like episode five i was more interested with the second half of the episode.

It's still funny to think that the whole episode was those three sat around a table, and it still looked absolutely stunning.
Old 2008-12-18, 13:59   Link #143
vspirit
...huh?

Spoiler for Episodes 8 and up:
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 19:02   Link #144
achirist

I'm just dropping this show; the delays between episodes coupled with the general obtuseness have completely lost me, and I don't want to listen to long dialogues about "spirituality" either.
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 07:08   Link #145
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I enjoyed episode 6 but I understand why it would turn some people off. There certainly is a lot of talking which doesn't necessarily work well for animation. In this case it probably would be better to just read the book but since I can't I stick with the long animated discussion. Although the discussion about the different supernatural techniques, then leading to the story of the box maker was really interesting to me. I also really do love the quiet atmosphere of this series.
They really took the roundabout way to get to where they were going in ep 6. I admit at times that I had a lot of trouble keeping up, which makes me think this is one of those series that's better watched over a short period and/or requires a second viewing. Nonetheless, when they finally got there, I was seriously intrigued. I chuckled at Kyougokudou's final declaration: "How troublesome... I hate dealing with those (mouryou)".
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 18:10   Link #146
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Posted by me a long time ago:
Quote:
I am not sure if it was my imagination or the subs but I think it was implied Youko was actually Kanako's mother, not sister?
Quote:
There was too much equipment in the room where Kanako was and if add the scary appearance and tons of guards near the black box hospital, I suspect she might be used as guinea pig in some top secret experiments.
And what do you know, judging by episode eight's developments I was right about both things. But still I really wish I had just waited for the whole series to be subbed before watching it, I am confused as hell and totally struggle to follow the plot due to the the gaps between episodes.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 19:32   Link #147
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Definitely this is a series that is better seen in one or two sits as opposed to weekly or whatever other format given that each episode gives such loads of information. I watched till ep. 8, and I'm neither not that confident on my Japanese abiltiies to see the rest, nor do I want to spoil such an excellent series by just understanding half of what is said.

I think we should take every scene where Sekiguchi is alone with a grain of salt, given how he seems to be delusional half of the time, what with showing us passages from the meta story of the book he's reading with the characters from the proper story doing the casting, coupled with his passing comment about him being depressive.

Though it becomes just harder if we assume that the story lies to us.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 08:33   Link #148
Dop
Mmmm....

Wait! What's this I see? Ep 9 subbed??? Woo-hoo!
I'd almost forgotten about this series. Thanks Himmel & RMS!

Only four to go. Let's hope that one day the whole series is subbed. Then maybe I'll sit down and watch the whole series in one go, because I'd need to.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 09:07   Link #149
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I think the best thing to do with this show now is to wait until it's all been subbed, i mean it's been months since i've seen episode 8, so i'll probably feel a little bit lost if i started with episode 9 now. Will probably marathon the show show when it's complete.
Old 2009-05-12, 09:44   Link #150
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I had enough trouble following the story when it appeared every week or two. Like Dop and Shiroth, I'm very happy to see someone has chosen to finish Mouryou no Hako, but I'll wait until it's finished before watching it all again.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 16:27   Link #151
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

I just discovered this series when looking through the AniDB list of Madhouse works. I watched the first episode and, well, I'm amazed I hadn't heard about it sooner. It's definitely yet another example of Madhouse quality that I've come to expect. Hopefully someone will finish it properly.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 19:20   Link #152
Famke

Thanks to share this information
Famke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 00:21   Link #153
Wuzz
支点

i was really struggling trying to sub this myself, i have watched episode 9 maybe 100 times! thanks you guys for finally picking it up.

that particular part where eno-san says "joohatsu shita anata no teeshi wa kami wa... etc etc" i could never figure out what he was saying.

Spoiler:
Wuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 22:47   Link #154
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I"m thrilled to see that Aoi has decided to pick up Mouryou no Hako starting with episode 10. I've really enjoyed Aoi's work on Genji, so I'm happy Mouryou no Hako has attracted that group's attention. I may break my earlier commitment to wait until the series is completed before watching it again and start over with episode one in the next week or two. I trust that having picked up the baton we can expect Aoi to cross the finish line!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 22:56   Link #155
Thingle
Banned

oh yeayeayeah!! Finally! That troll sub of ep.10 got me.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 00:43   Link #156
Shinkun
Fansubber

That troll release got me too!

Spoiler for Mouryou no Hako 10:
Shinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 05:31   Link #157
Dop
Mmmm....

Hurray for Aoi. Hope they'll continue with the remaining three episodes!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 05:42   Link #158
Kirarakim

Oh this is really good to hear. I put the series on hiatus until it was finished being subbed so yay. I am looking forward to finishing this series.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 06:17   Link #159
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Oh this is really good to hear. I put the series on hiatus until it was finished being subbed so yay. I am looking forward to finishing this series.
Like i've said before, same what i'm doing. Wait until the series has been completely subbed, and rewatch it from the start. I've forgotten quite a bit.
Old 2009-07-08, 08:18   Link #160
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Like i've said before, same what i'm doing. Wait until the series has been completely subbed, and rewatch it from the start. I've forgotten quite a bit.
MnH has been a special case. I tend to watch each ep twice.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clamp, horror, madhouse, supernatural