AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-17, 17:45   Link #1001
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Well at least the drawing is S3 is much better than Today in Class 5-2 TV.

Ugh I hated that drawing style...or lack thereof.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 19:47   Link #1002
X207
Gamyūsa

se1 is a bit better than s3 so far, se2 was nothing special. i find s3 still has alot of laughs when compared to s1. i have nothing against s3 aside from hoping it would become a 24 run with a similar pace as it has now.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 20:19   Link #1003
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Well at least the drawing is S3 is much better than Today in Class 5-2 TV.

Ugh I hated that drawing style...or lack thereof.
The art improved exponentially in that series if you stuck with it till the end. It was actually quite strong by the end.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 20:25   Link #1004
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'd have to put S3 above the others just cause of the Hosaka epicness in ep 2, Curry Song = Epic Win!
Old 2009-02-17, 20:31   Link #1005
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I watched season one and season two right after each other so I can't distinguish quite everything. But one thing that does stand out is season two's character designs. Is there a reason why they are different from one and three?
Old 2009-02-17, 20:53   Link #1006
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Different studio (ASREAD) trying to differentiate it's production from the first season (Doumu). It worked in some ways (they seemed to have LOVED feminizing Makoto/Mako-chan to the point where it was hard to take the fact that he was a boy seriously), while they failed in others (Chiaki's badly-gradiented hair, blacked-out faces of non-essential characters).
Old 2009-02-17, 20:56   Link #1007
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I watched season one and season two right after each other so I can't distinguish quite everything. But one thing that does stand out is season two's character designs. Is there a reason why they are different from one and three?
Minami-ke was originally contracted to two studios, Domu and Asread, to make two seasons back-to-back. Besides basic agreement on chronology and which manga chapters to use, there doesn't appear to have been much communication between then. Hence, they basically went in with very different ideas about how to adapt the show. No one anticipated the success of the first season and by then it was too late for Asread to imitate it, making people unhappy with the drastic change. Among other things, they had radically different character designs.

After the fan backlash, Asread has clearly responded by morphing season 3 much closer to season 1, at least in terms of drawing style and color, but it's actually a mix; if you look closely enough, a lot of season 2 design is still around (Chiaki's blond hair--though not two-tone anymore, Fujioka being a pretty boy, Hosaka gaining a lot of muscle, Atsuko having green hair, Maki's hair being redder, Haruka's school classrooms being like lecture halls, Kana and Chiaki sharing a room, Touma's hair being bluer, Mako-chan being girlier, etc etc.)

Anyway, season 2 basically suffered from bad comedic timing and poorly done drama. Some people found the slower atmosphere (more akin to a slice of life show than comedy) boring. Others disliked the new artwork. It got better as the season wore on but there was really a rough patch in the middle.
Edit: ^Also, yes, blacked out faces was weird.
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 22:04   Link #1008
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
se1 is a bit better than s3 so far, se2 was nothing special. i find s3 still has alot of laughs when compared to s1. i have nothing against s3 aside from hoping it would become a 24 run with a similar pace as it has now.
I agree, i liked season one the most out of the 3 so far, it was just awesome, great story, great jokes and i loved how they made that serious face when something happened or they had an idea,i really miss that.
Old 2009-02-17, 22:56   Link #1009
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i think hosaka will make an appearance

it just that i think the writers tend to evade the hosakaxmako-chan encounters wicg in the end it ends up riiping the ver fabric of exsitance >_<
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 23:57   Link #1010
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

You can't deny that Mako-chan is cute. But it is quite interesting that Chiaki, despite being very intelligent, fails to realise that Makoto-kun and Mako-chan are the same.

But she makes an appearance quite late in this season.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 23:58   Link #1011
ReddyRedWolf

Is it just me or is Chiaki the easiest one to ship?

Hosaka x Chiaki, Fujioka x Chiaki but before either is Makoto x Chiaki. (Lets forget for the moment a certain Megane-chara shall we.)

Spoiler for Chiaki the Tsundere:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 00:03   Link #1012
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, even besides being nearly 22 minutes straight of uber-sincere Makoto/Mako-chan madness, that was generally a great ep on so many levels. Definitely the best Mako-chan titillation/near-catastrophe since the kotatsu scene in 1-10 - walked in on in the john, seeing Haruka nearly topless, and getting a feel-up from Chiaki ("If we don't hurry it'll be all sticky!" ). It's no wonder the boy's confused. And the mug sketch had the feeling of something taken straight from the manga.

A couple of interesting things between Makoto and Chiaki, as has been noted earlier. The blushing (not the first time) a definite possible indication of hidden affection. And I almost got the sense in the Tanuki scene that Chiaki was telling Mako-chan that she knew "her" secret. Too early to say, of course, but I wouldn't rule it out. I've always felt Makoto/Touma made the most sense, but I'm beginning to waver.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 01:07   Link #1013
anyme

I think SS2 is good as slice of life story. SS1 is perfect comedy. SS3 try to be the same as SS1 but I feel it goes slow as SS2.

I think in SS2 people miss Sensei&Ninomiyakun more than Minami bros.
Please remake Sensei&Ninomiyakun drama!!!
anyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 01:56   Link #1014
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Is it just me or is Chiaki the easiest one to ship?

Hosaka x Chiaki, Fujioka x Chiaki but before either is Makoto x Chiaki. (Lets forget for the moment a certain Megane-chara shall we.)

Spoiler for Chiaki the Tsundere:
Hosaka x Chiaki...
I need a good facepalm picture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, even besides being nearly 22 minutes straight of uber-sincere Makoto/Mako-chan madness, that was generally a great ep on so many levels. Definitely the best Mako-chan titillation/near-catastrophe since the kotatsu scene in 1-10 - walked in on in the john, seeing Haruka nearly topless, and getting a feel-up from Chiaki ("If we don't hurry it'll be all sticky!" ). It's no wonder the boy's confused. And the mug sketch had the feeling of something taken straight from the manga.

A couple of interesting things between Makoto and Chiaki, as has been noted earlier. The blushing (not the first time) a definite possible indication of hidden affection. And I almost got the sense in the Tanuki scene that Chiaki was telling Mako-chan that she knew "her" secret. Too early to say, of course, but I wouldn't rule it out. I've always felt Makoto/Touma made the most sense, but I'm beginning to waver.

Spoiler for Because I dislike having too long posts:
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 02:39   Link #1015
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
ep 7 was disapointing, almost entirely mak0-chan. everything involving mako chan seems so forced every set up for a mak0-chan moment made no sense to me like who the hell just checks breast size like that, and if you spill something on someone you don't immediately go to force them to take it off, and how does that idiot forget to lock the door in such a situation you always lock the door when you're a guest. gah i hate mak0-chan episodes zero laughs whatsoever, this episodes just killed my hopes of them minimizing mak0-chan's role, i'm still trying to figure out why people love mak0-chan so much it was only hilarious forh is first appearance now it's just getting beyond sily
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 03:44   Link #1016
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I think I just heard a Mako-chan hater.

The word here is 'ensemble'. Remember it. Makoto gets his (her? The future is bleak for this one) time in the sun, but he's but one part of a greater whole, like Hosaka.
Old 2009-02-18, 05:07   Link #1017
Molenir

Yeah, hard to believe it, but thats definitely the hallmark of a Mako-chan hater. I can understand people hating Hosaka, what with how gross he always is, but Mako-chan. Thats just incomprehensible. All well, just more proof that different people like different things.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 05:23   Link #1018
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Thats just incomprehensible. .
Because crossdressing does not comes as weird to you? Should I point you to The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert or La Cage aux Folles?

Perhaps to those people, traps as comedic relief has worn thin to them, had you ever thought about it?

There are such as thing as too much of one thing for people, something that you are willing to believe when it is about Hosaka but conveniently forget when it is Mako-chan.

PS: I want more Natsuki and Hitomi.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 07:03   Link #1019
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Thumbs up ep7

Spoiler for ep7:
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 08:07   Link #1020
duckpuppy

Quote:
I'm surprised Fujioka hasn't started to develop major jealosy towards Touma yet. I mean look at what he did to Akira...
I really miss that from the first season. There was alot of stuff with Kana and her class, Akira Minami. (I prefer the younger and eldest Minami Bros. to Natsuki, less Natsuki more Hosaka, unless he's with his siblings or Hosaka, they're friends in volleyball aren't they?). He used to visit the Minami household too. Maybe because Kana is my favorite Minami sister I really miss seeing her interactions with her own classmates too, she causes interesting and funny events everywhere she goes. I'm nostalgic because there's been more Mako-chan and Touma this season then before, amd Maki who's not as interesting as Hosaka or Hayami.

All this season has was the pool trip and Fujioka starting to become another one that seems to live at Minami household. Not that I mind, I like Fujioka, and his time with the Minami's is certainly changing him, he was so innocent, sweet-like in S1, I laughed at his crush on Kana and now I laugh at him being jealous of Touma then the "boys" tag. Though his banchou status is being ignored.

Hosaka's best moment this season was the curry song, but I still think they did him best in Season 1, with the "family" scenes he imagined, though I'm really liking 3, if they license this series I'd definitely pick up 1 and 3. Wish Doumo would show up and do more Minami though, why didn't they get season 3 or the OVAs? I really loved the style and pacing in S1, it was perfection in my opinion.
duckpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life