Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-03-14, 09:15   Link #381
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well... it is definetly not going to happen but an amazing twist would be similair to that of Anikin Skywalker or...2 Face / Agent Harvey Dent... if Naruto turns evil.

He certainly let his mind slip to the dark side ...and now that Master Yoda is gone only Minato's jutsu right now is holding him back.

Still for real though... Minato isn't going to have a long chat. There is no time for it.
Naruto is at the point of fully transforming and i am sure Naruto has an ability or atleast a technique provided by the 4th to prevent a full transformation. But it will be up to Naruto.

Ohh the excitement!! This time how hard it will be... i will wait till friday...till the chapter gets released. NO MORE SPOILERS!!
Well technically, they can have a really long conversation like 5 chapters and it turns out that no time passed at all in reality because this was all in Naruto's mind. This reminds me of the Frieza saga when Namek was going to blow up in 5 minutes but there was like 20 episodes lol.
Old 2009-03-14, 11:07   Link #382
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
Saving Sasuke is a side quest for naruto, it was never his "ultimate goal" . Its one of his biggest goals though because Sasuke is his best friend of course. duh... When he "saves" him, would the story end because of that? No! So it was never his ultimate goal, he always had a bigger goal from way before Sasuke left(I know you didn't say it was his ultimate goal, it was the other guy). It will end either when he becomes hokage, or finds a way to make peace (his new goal now).
I guess using the term "ultimate goal" is a bad word choice on my part . English isn't my first language so I sometimes miss how certain word choices get perceive. However, just as you said, saving Sasuke is one of Naruto's biggest goals and that was what I was driving at with my post. Note that I am not saying that Naruto should stop trying to save Sasuke but that it should be his side quest and not his main quest. After all that we have seen in part 2, becoming Hokage (is this still his main quest? What is his main quest anyway?) somehow doesn't seem all that impressive anymore and as you said saving Sasuke will not end the manga. If so, what would end the manga? All I am doing in my post is to approve of Kishi's new "bring world peace" theme.

Quote:
I guess if it was Hinata or Sakura turning rogue, and naruto going on a long mission to save them it wouldnt be much of a problem Naruto is supposed to accomplish everything Jiraiya couldn't, and one of Jiraiya's biggest regrets is not being able to "save" his best friend.
Of course it would be a big problem. This is one of the main weaknesses of part 2. Basically, sending Naruto out on mission when the enemies are clearly much stronger than he is. I mean if Madara wanted, he could have grab Naruto right away when they meet in the forst. What was Tsunade thinking
Hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 11:22   Link #383
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageaholic01 View Post
Well technically, they can have a really long conversation like 5 chapters and it turns out that no time passed at all in reality because this was all in Naruto's mind. This reminds me of the Frieza saga when Namek was going to blow up in 5 minutes but there was like 20 episodes lol.
LoL DBZ! Yeah that was very very strange but at the same time.... these 2 guy's were moving 1000x faster then bullets..the moved so fast that even the north Kai couldnt follow their movements anymore .. still 20 eps was a little bit too much..but yeah it was DBZ anything was possible.
Old 2009-03-14, 12:27   Link #384
SpyderSidiouss
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
English isn't my first language
Sweet

Quote:
After all that we have seen in part 2, becoming Hokage (is this still his main quest? What is his main quest anyway?) somehow doesn't seem all that impressive anymore and as you said saving Sasuke will not end the manga. If so, what would end the manga? All I am doing in my post is to approve of Kishi's new "bring world peace" theme.
Okay I understand now. Most of my post wasn’t directed towards you anyway, just the part about his main goal is saving Sasuke, and we know now that it was a misunderstanding. I guess part 2 was a changing point and we got to see how and why he decided to change his main goal or add the world peace goal.

I think the manga will probably end with the ninja world so much at peace (because of naruto) where ninjas are barely needed to risk their lives. He is the child of prophecy after all. Ninjas being “tools” and dying in battle was one of the bigger themes since part I, because Naruto was always struggling with the idea of ninjas being “tools”.

(we should probably continue in the “how do you think naruto will end” thread, before someone gets annoyed and calls it out shhh we weren’t discovered yet )

Quote:
Basically, sending Naruto out on mission when the enemies are clearly much stronger than he is. I mean if Madara wanted, he could have grab Naruto right away when they meet in the forst. What was Tsunade thinking
lol! You sound like those two old village elders that always give Tsunade a hard time. I was mostly being sarcastic in the paragraph you're responding to; but as Tsunade said, they can’t just leave him cooped up in the village for half his life – plus they always sent him with pretty decent backup. What mission did they send him on that was way over his head?
SpyderSidiouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 14:18   Link #385
Hello

Quote:
lol! You sound like those two old village elders that always give Tsunade a hard time. I was mostly being sarcastic in the paragraph you're responding to; but as Tsunade said, they can’t just leave him cooped up in the village for half his life – plus they always sent him with pretty decent backup. What mission did they send him on that was way over his head?
It is hard to detect whether somebody is sarcastic or not in Naruto postings Back on topic, the problem is not sending Naruto out on missions but sending him out on Akatsuki missions or even the Orochimaru mission. In the Oro mission, the team is clearly outclass by Oro's team. In the Kakuzu fight, Naruto fail his first rasenshuriken. He should have been 100% ready with his jutsu before he is sent out to fight. I understand why Naruto need to be at all these fights given the name of the manga is Naruto. However, this just seems to me to be poor storytelling on Kishi's part than anything else. Basically, Kishi is making Tsunade look bad since he couldn't come up with better ways to explain why Naruto is there at all these dangerous encounters. Other than my tiny complaints, I have to say that I am still enjoying the manga especially the last few chapters. Unpredictability for the win!!!

Last edited by Hello; 2009-03-14 at 14:30.
Hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 15:26   Link #386
mtarzaim

Quote:
Destroy everything that hurts you
Wow!
Just Wow!

In one phrase, Kyubi has shown the most exciting point of view from the whole Naruto cast.
Even Gaara is outmatched.

After so much time, so many pointless dialogs/monologs, so much sasuke-centered philosophy, we got the real thing : the simplest sentence that resumes perfectly one of the most secret character of the serie.

With this only one sentence, we finally understand how Kyubi works, why he is so pissed everytime, and how difficult it will be for Naruto to overcome this.
Kyubi has given himself up to complete destruction, denying every other feelings like love or friendship, because those must have hurt him so bad he's still suffering from it.

Kyubi won't be friend with Naruto, he will never acknowledge him through his efforts, strength or human qualities. He will destroy everything that might matter, just because he can't beat his inner demons (ironic, isn't it? ) otherwise.
No dialog, no threat, no sneaky contract will work.
Unlike the less-tailed one, Naruto has probably got the less managable one.
Kyubi will destroy everything offered to him, whatever it is.

Kudo to Kishi for achieving this : a truly original but realistic character (as realistic a mythic creature could be).

But Naruto is really dumb... (to stay polite )
He let Kyubi in total control just because he can't answer to a rhetoric question?
Meh!
I hope his father will bring him back to the facts : Pain have killed lots of people Naruto cared of. And he will not stop as long as lots of others are still alive.

Shut up the mouthes, and let the fists speak!

No matter how good his reasons are, if Naruto doesn't stop Pain, he will loose everything he holds dear.
That fact only is enough to beat the crap out of Pain, Akatsuki or any other next Konoha's lethal ennemy.

Beside, if you need "good" justifications to kill people, it just means you're weak. Because you can't face the fact that you're nothing more than a mercyless killer, hiding behind reasons to accept your own behavior.

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 15:31   Link #387
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

If Naruto wants to see his father he can just summon him with one of those forbidden techniques Orochimaru used during his fight with Sandaime. He has plenty of enemy bodies to do it with.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 15:42   Link #388
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
With this only one sentence, we finally understand how Kyubi works, why he is so pissed everytime, and how difficult it will be for Naruto to overcome this.
Kyubi has given himself up to complete destruction, denying every other feelings like love or friendship, because those must have hurt him so bad he's still suffering from it.

Kyubi won't be friend with Naruto, he will never acknowledge him through his efforts, strength or human qualities. He will destroy everything that might matter, just because he can't beat his inner demons (ironic, isn't it? ) otherwise.
No dialog, no threat, no sneaky contract will work.
Unlike the less-tailed one, Naruto has probably got the less managable one.
Kyubi will destroy everything offered to him, whatever it is.
The Kyuubi is said to be a force of nature; a monster created when enough grief and suffering is felt in the world. So, while I completely agree with your take on the Kyuubi (i.e. a creature of pure destruction that will never bend knee or cooperate with Naruto), I disagree with the assertion that the Kyuubi destroys because of some "inner demon" or some sort of personification along those lines. Nothing we have seen bears any indication that the Kyuubi has any emotions besides its pure hatred/destructive tendencies. It is a demon after all .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 16:09   Link #389
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Kyuubi is so badass that he can destroy everything XD
Your touth hurst you? Destroy it!
You've got bad marks on last exam? Destroy it and the teacher who gave it!
You feel that the world is unfair and cause only pain? Destroy it too!

Why? Cause you can

Kyuubi is the best character is Naruto, and I hope Kishimoto won't mess him up by making him lose - you can trap him, you can stop him, you can even shut him up with Sharigan, but don't make him lose!
Kyuubi is the ultimate level in Naruto! So what that Zambuza's and 3rd Hokage's fights look like shit compared to Pain's or even Sasuke's - this unbalance is all good as long as we have unmatched top.
Old 2009-03-14, 16:19   Link #390
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Kyuubi is the best character is Naruto, and I hope Kishimoto won't mess him up by making him lose - you can trap him, you can stop him, you can even shut him up with Sharigan, but don't make him lose!
If he were to be a human, he would have died already, few times more than most other characters. Madara, Shodai, Yondaime. And those were the ones who were given the chance to do that. There are many others, who were not given that chance, yet they were capable to achieve some result of that sort (at the least, Sasuke and Itachi). But, for Kyuubi, I guess the worst of all those, the most painful experience, would be getting trapped in someone like Naruto.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 18:00   Link #391
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The Kyuubi is said to be a force of nature; a monster created when enough grief and suffering is felt in the world. So, while I completely agree with your take on the Kyuubi (i.e. a creature of pure destruction that will never bend knee or cooperate with Naruto), I disagree with the assertion that the Kyuubi destroys because of some "inner demon" or some sort of personification along those lines. Nothing we have seen bears any indication that the Kyuubi has any emotions besides its pure hatred/destructive tendencies. It is a demon after all .
Agreed, the Kyuubi doesn't destroy because he has felt major pain in his life he destroys because he can and he wants to, he is a creature of pure malice created by the collection of malice infused chakra, which could be a reason he appeared 12 years ago, the Uchiha's bloodline limit is full of malice and bloodshed so them hating Konoha just fuels it and their malice could of been enough to awaken the Kyuubi.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 19:12   Link #392
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
I wonder if naruto will ask Tsunade to confirm weather yondaime really is his father, she is probably the only one left would would know.
Er, I think Naruto was already given that information. I am not sure whom the characters were but i'll try to find the reference points again. But I am pretty sure it was Jiraya or something - and it doesn't take an idiot to realize who your father is. You really don't need to confirm it when you see yourself in the mirror everyday, and you just happen to see a person that looks exactly like you. (Yondaime already confirmed it himself, along with Naruto).
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 19:34   Link #393
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Er, I think Naruto was already given that information. I am not sure whom the characters were but i'll try to find the reference points again. But I am pretty sure it was Jiraya or something - and it doesn't take an idiot to realize who your father is. You really don't need to confirm it when you see yourself in the mirror everyday, and you just happen to see a person that looks exactly like you. (Yondaime already confirmed it himself, along with Naruto).
What he said. Plus why wouldn't Naruto not believe it?

Naruto: Hey this guy is claiming to be my father. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah that's not gonna happen,
Old 2009-03-14, 19:36   Link #394
Alchemist007
*Author

A more likely reaction to Tsunade would be "WHY THE F*** DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?!"
Old 2009-03-14, 19:50   Link #395
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

this chapter was quite pleasant
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 21:05   Link #396
Catdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorX View Post
i mean seriously naruto should have known that he is related to 4th if ever saw his pictures he is the spiting image of his father.

I've been saying the same thing for a long time now too. Remember seeing some of the very first images of the Fourth and first thing that caught my mind was his hair. He was the only other person like naruto in the entire cast. Every other person, their entire family looks like them in some way or another.
Catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 21:37   Link #397
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdog View Post
I've been saying the same thing for a long time now too. Remember seeing some of the very first images of the Fourth and first thing that caught my mind was his hair. He was the only other person like naruto in the entire cast. Every other person, their entire family looks like them in some way or another.
REALLY? The first thing you thought of when you saw the 4th Hokage was "Hey! He looks like Naruto. He must be his dad!"

Really? Come on I HIGHLY doubt anyone thought that until rumors first started.
Old 2009-03-14, 22:38   Link #398
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Pretty much.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 23:18   Link #399
LightChess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
REALLY? The first thing you thought of when you saw the 4th Hokage was "Hey! He looks like Naruto. He must be his dad!"

Really? Come on I HIGHLY doubt anyone thought that until rumors first started.
The first time i saw the first hokage i new 100% it was his father. Its so dam obvious.

You have to be blind, def, and mute and even at that you can still figure it out!

You must be under age so you dont pick things up to quickly.
LightChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 23:56   Link #400
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightChess View Post
The first time i saw the first hokage i new 100% it was his father. Its so dam obvious.

You have to be blind, def, and mute and even at that you can still figure it out!

You must be under age so you dont pick things up to quickly.
Dont you mean fourth hokage?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote