4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.65%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 3.92%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-29, 17:48   Link #581
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It doesn't have to be about aliens. Could be yet another CB splinter group. They've got to have people there, unless GN drives grow on (Jovian) trees.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 17:51   Link #582
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Some predictions for the Movie.

Graham will replace Tieria as a Gundam Meister.
Saji and Louise will become CB support - funding, R&D, Engineering
SetsunaXFelt paring
Alle/Hal + Soma/Maria will not be Gundam Meister anymore but may still assist CB
New 4th Mesiter
New GN drives made on Jupitor
Billy will design Gundams for Federation forces and recreate GN Tau drive to something closer to GN drive - remove harmful GN Tau particle effect
ya maybe most of it will happen but what year will 00 movie will be on???

overall it maybe feel like SHIRAISHI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHTmGYFHW84 goes wild on it!!!

besides there still a maybe few things left to get answers.

but i know one thing no set-mar since mom-marina is busy with those kids, nation, & now in her 30s so look like next year set-feldt (ya keep an eye on pink hair with chantal strand on dub).
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 18:01   Link #583
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
So why Jupiter again? Something it has that enables GN Drive to be created? World of C there??
The second one. True GN drives require something called a topological defect to be made, an actual quantum theory supposition that's related to the monopole; something that mathematically should exist, but is very, very rare. It has something to do with the bending of space, and while almost non-existent on Earth and similar sized bodies, it's increasingly more likely among massive gravity wells.

Of course, there are only two such gravity wells in our solar system: the sun, which would cook us alive at the ranges we would need, and Jupiter.

(Code Geass, as far as I can tell, used Jupiter from a more pagan/mythological standpoint. Jupiter has long had major significance to cultures because it's size makes it bright and easy to spot in the night sky, and the Jupiter spot resembles an Eye, which is a timeless symbol for Mind.)
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 18:01   Link #584
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You know, can someone remind me where they SPECIFICALLY mentioned aliens in the series, because I see all sorts of people here talking about aliens, yet I remember no mention of them whatsoever?
Episode 24: the line goes (from veda/tieria)

"We were to unify the consciousness of humanity even if we were destroyed. Humanity is prevented from advancing into deep space if they still cling to the sparks of conflict. A future could not be carved out if humanity didn't change. This is also preparation for the dialogues with aliens to come. To achieve that, we -
*setsuna finishes* must understand eachother."

I hope that helps: it's line from 22:59 - 23:10 ish

It could have a deeper meaning to it, other than real "aliens" but idk thats the line
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 18:08   Link #585
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Just have to say that I really loved this episode. The fights were greats.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 18:17   Link #586
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Yeah, one got to love the Reborn Cannon... As a huge fan of Guncannon and references, I love how they presented all the three machines piloted by Amuro in new incarnations this episode.
Old 2009-03-29, 18:23   Link #587
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Yeah, one got to love the Reborn Cannon... As a huge fan of Guncannon and references, I love how they presented all the three machines piloted by Amuro in new incarnations this episode.
Nothing for the Dijeh though...
Old 2009-03-29, 18:28   Link #588
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Nothing for the Dijeh though...
Yeah... and the ReGZ...

Still, the ones presented were the two from origin and another important one... the very final Nu variant
Old 2009-03-29, 18:45   Link #589
Hamachi

- No hax win for 00
- Duel on the moon btw Exia and O Gundam
- Hallelujah pwning someone with more than 10+ seconds screen time.

Dislikes:
- Exia comeback... felt out of place.
- (Fanboy comment) Last episode, but Arios still hasn't done anything "haxxing". Cherudim, Seravee, 00 (duh) all had their spotlights.
- Graham? How do you interpret the 2 second scene he had in the end?

If this wasn't a finale, I wouldn't rank higher than 5.
Hamachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 18:50   Link #590
Charred Knight

What I find most interesting is that Celestial Being is still around. If Understand people really does foster peace than CB wouldn't be needed.

Clearly the message of the series is "Only through brute force can peace be retained. Understanding people is for hippies"
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 18:53   Link #591
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumakage View Post
I give this entire series a 1/10 for 2 reason.

1)Had the potential to become one of the best, and it failed to do so. Don't want to bother to point anything cause no matter what I post on here, this forum is so one sided that I'll just be wasting my time for nottin.

2)The main reason why it got the 1/10, its over and gives way to another Gundam series. Hopefully the next one wont be as big of a disappointment as this one was. Granted we got to wait till that god awful movie comes out.

For those that must know why I even watched it for this long since I seem like hating it so much my answer to you is, it my choice deal with it. ^_^ what can I say thought that it would redeem itself but sadly it didn't.

Having said that cant wait till next week till FMA starts. Even though its a retelling. Cant believe I'm so happy to see a retelling.
Wow, troll much? You rate it low, give no reasons, tell people not to question you, then go off topic. I don't know if there is a more textbook definition of a troll.

Anyways to the episode. I can't say it was bad, but it certainly wasn't the best ending. I mean, ya they brought back the exia and everyone is happy, but to be honest, that makes little sense. Why would they plan to have a perfectly working upgraded Exia missing only missing its GN drive lying around. I mean wouldn't make more sense to prepare it with a GN condenser like the 0 gundam? That aside, why would you waste a GN drive on a 0 gundam. The thing is so outdated wouldn't make sense to strap it onto a Garazzo or Gadessa instead? Those things are practically gundams without a true drive right? The 0 gundam is old and outdated by about 20 years. All it could do was shoot suicide missile-suits.

Besides the fight though the ending wasn't half bad. CB sticks around to be the batman-ish hero in the shadows. Alleujah and Marie are an official couple. Patrick got married (no surprise hes alive).The only thing i didn't like was that Louise lived, I'll admit personal bias there, and that Andrei basically didn't learn anything. He still feels he was right and still views Cb as enemies.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 18:54   Link #592
kamikazex

im really liked the Allelujah x Pieries pairing. pieries was some psycho killer crazy little girl in season 1 but in season2 she changed alot and turned out surprisingly well. also pretty happy it worked out saji and louise.. hell even that one commander girl got married with the guy i thought dead. all in all fantastic ending.

also..lockon was so badass for lack of better wording to the point where im pretty sure he surpassed his brother. my favorite character still has to be allelujahs double just gotta love his crazyness
even that one veda guy turned out to be pretty awesome
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 19:04   Link #593
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
What I find most interesting is that Celestial Being is still around. If Understand people really does foster peace than CB wouldn't be needed.

Clearly the message of the series is "Only through brute force can peace be retained. Understanding people is for hippies"
Yes because that is the only way to interpret the message of the show .
Old 2009-03-29, 19:05   Link #594
Auron Requies

And so ends S2. Am I impressed? hmmm....lets go through it

Pros:

-Good action scenes
-Gundam vs Gundam
-Original (Exia) Gundam vs Original (0) Gundam
-Hilling's Death (Her crying out to Ribbons was just lol, seriously good to see Halle/Alle combo again)
-As I said, Halle/Alle combo but mainly Halle since he can just pick up all your mistakes :]
-Everyone's alive (which is mixed of pros/con)
-A movie is coming, and since it shows Jupiter, we might understand more now how the TD Blankets are made and why originals can only be gained there (in-depth info at least)

Cons
-Marina's dialogue interupted the bloody fight >>
-Everyone's alive, the reason being mixed cause the only one whose died on the protagonist side was Anew, where compared to season 1 there was some pretty good deaths. Maybe it was to balance that S1-good guys (Hong Long counts as a good imo, but he feels more like a guy that needed to be sweeped) die S2-Bad Guys die.
-There was a small dissappointing factor to it all, like, if I compared this to S1's ending, S1 is better because of the ambiguous nature of it all, of what will happen 4 years later. Then again, this is the ending after the plan has commenced so its only natural.

Overall
I voted the score on the poll to be a 6, which is my lowest score on this board ever X X. This episode wasn't 'bad' but it wasn't 'good enough' for me. But to my relief when I noticed theres still more, and it showned jupiter, a movie is coming out :] Maybe that's why the production of the ep seemed so bland? XD And as for comparing Season 1 and 2. Season 1 feels superior but Season 2 gave me that same feeling during episode 24. I would also have to say that (imo) the best episode of Season 2 would be 24 rather then the last, and for Season 1, it would be the set of 23,24 and 25.

Other then that, can't wait for the movie :]
Auron Requies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 19:06   Link #595
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I personally think this series ended rather on a good note. Its not spectacular, but it is certainly not bad for an ending. Overall, I did not like 00 more than I did SEED/Destiny (and I do know some of you might not appreciate 00's predecessor, but I won't get into that just yet). The characters in 00 were not particularly memorable, and I can't say I liked Setsuna.

That being said, the movie preview states "childhood of mankind ends", I wonder if they are really going to push forward the aliens-in-Gundam idea at last. Showing us a picture of Jupiter certainly does not help, as we all should know that Jupiter is uninhabitable and cannot be terraformed with current 00 technology. I say this because I am reminded of how SEED toyed with the idea, throwing a space whale at us (I wonder if it got lost in Macross 7 and somehow found its way to Gundam SEED), and the Lacus/Minmei reference was just too much.

But, in any case, the only thing we can do is to cross our fingers and wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazex View Post
im really liked the Allelujah x Pieries pairing. pieries was some psycho killer crazy little girl in season 1 but in season2 she changed alot and turned out surprisingly well.
Its funny how that is the only pairing, imo, that works in the series, even if their initial contacts had been nothing more than telepathy. But after Alle risked his life many times, standing in the line of fire, willing to sacrifice himself for Marie/Pieries, I was sold. In the end, I just thought he deserved whatever the hell he wanted.

- Tak (Hmm, a series based on Macross x Gundam, aliens vs. colony drops...)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 19:06   Link #596
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Yes because that is the only way to interpret the message of the show .
Its a joke on how if the message of the series is that underastanding each other ends wars than Celestial Being would be unneeded. Since Celestial Being is still around they are needed so understand each other clearly doesn't end wars.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 19:08   Link #597
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Its a joke on how if the message of the series is that underastanding each other ends wars than Celestial Being would be unneeded. Since Celestial Being is still around they are needed so understand each other clearly doesn't end wars.
Or how about some people refuse to understand each other and even GN pixie dust cannot force them.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 19:10   Link #598
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Episode 24: the line goes (from veda/tieria)

"We were to unify the consciousness of humanity even if we were destroyed. Humanity is prevented from advancing into deep space if they still cling to the sparks of conflict. A future could not be carved out if humanity didn't change. This is also preparation for the dialogues with aliens to come. To achieve that, we -
*setsuna finishes* must understand eachother."
That's not the line. The actual line is "the dialougues with the different wills". He does not say aliens. Different wills could mean a number of different number of things, but it does not necessarily mean alien life forms.
Old 2009-03-29, 19:11   Link #599
dee32

So exactly where was the Ptolemaios headed was it headed for Jupiter or was it headed to CB the ship or just space in general?
dee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 19:14   Link #600
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
It is a gradual step it isn't going to happen overnight. People still don't understand each other until then CB are needed.