AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-07-22, 14:09   Link #981
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

It might be a bit late, but what's with the Lockon Stratos brothers not getting along with each other? Were Neil and Lyle enemies in the past, or something like that?
Old 2009-07-22, 14:44   Link #982
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
It might be a bit late, but what's with the Lockon Stratos brothers not getting along with each other? Were Neil and Lyle enemies in the past, or something like that?
The brothers differ from each other greatly since the tragedy (the terrorist attack) they have gone trough. While one of them could move on with his life, the other could not forget what happened and grieved over it until his death.
Old 2009-07-22, 21:29   Link #983
kakakka

Quote:
Sort of like inferiority complex, I guess. Neil being the people's guy, Lyle being the shadow. Lyle hated being compared to 'almost perfect' brother. He felt jealous and weak, so he tried to stay away from Neil.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 15:12   Link #984
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Sort of like inferiority complex, I guess. Neil being the people's guy, Lyle being the shadow. Lyle hated being compared to 'almost perfect' brother. He felt jealous and weak, so he tried to stay away from Neil.
Kinda like Mario and Luigi right?
Old 2009-07-25, 15:44   Link #985
kakakka

Maybe. Not sure since I'm not familiar with those guys you mentioned tbh.
Old 2009-07-25, 16:59   Link #986
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Maybe. Not sure since I'm not familiar with those guys you mentioned tbh.
Really? You don't know who Mario Mario and Luigi Mario are? The Super Mario Brothers? One is a mascot for Nintendo, and the other is extra baggage.
Old 2009-07-25, 17:27   Link #987
kakakka

I'm honest there. Anyway, if you put it that way, I guess Neil and Lyle's relationship is kind of like Mario and Luigi's

Last edited by kakakka; 2009-07-25 at 17:55.
Old 2009-07-25, 21:25   Link #988
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm honest there. Anyway, if you put it that way, I guess Neil and Lyle's relationship is kind of like Mario and Luigi's
Then again, I might have made the wrong comparison between the two, since unlike Neil and Lyle, Mario and Luigi are true bros.

Silly me,
Old 2009-07-25, 22:57   Link #989
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

I'd say that Neil and Lyle Aren't too Affectionate with each other. Neil Was the Perfect Kid and Lyle was stuck in his Shadow. Lyle then went to Boarding school before the attack i believe, and Neil was there to Experience it. I don't think there much Contact between the two after that. Neil Doesn't mention Lyle's name when he lists of his family before he dies, so i think there would be some Tension. Lyle would have Tension with Neil Because he was constantly in his Shadow.

ASSUMPTION: Because Lyle was always in Neil's Shadow i don't think that he see's his Family in as a positive light as Neil, and could probably get over it easier. That or he wasn't there. Neil was Closer or there, so he couldn't forget it as easily. I do think Lyle regrets not getting close to his brother more because he hides behind a tree when Tieria Visits Neil's Grave. Probably because he would have no idea what to talk to the person about since he had no idea what Neil was involved in.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 00:58   Link #990
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
ASSUMPTION: Because Lyle was always in Neil's Shadow i don't think that he see's his Family in as a positive light as Neil, and could probably get over it easier. That or he wasn't there. Neil was Closer or there, so he couldn't forget it as easily. I do think Lyle regrets not getting close to his brother more because he hides behind a tree when Tieria Visits Neil's Grave. Probably because he would have no idea what to talk to the person about since he had no idea what Neil was involved in.
If your assumption is true to an extent, I would think that Lyle would've been better off as a villain instead of a hero. His somewhat-tragic past as well as rivalry to his brother would've made him view the world in a different point of view, thus it would make more sense for Lyle to be on different sides as well.

Of course, what I'm saying is purely subjective.
Old 2009-07-26, 06:45   Link #991
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
I'd say that Neil and Lyle Aren't too Affectionate with each other. Neil Was the Perfect Kid and Lyle was stuck in his Shadow. Lyle then went to Boarding school before the attack i believe, and Neil was there to Experience it. I don't think there much Contact between the two after that. Neil Doesn't mention Lyle's name when he lists of his family before he dies, so i think there would be some Tension. Lyle would have Tension with Neil Because he was constantly in his Shadow.
Actually, Neil definitely did mention Lyle before he died. It was the first time we heard his name, even.
Old 2009-07-26, 13:13   Link #992
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Actually, Neil definitely did mention Lyle before he died. It was the first time we heard his name, even.
Oh, Yes just re-watched that part. He mentions Lyle later on. Not with the Family though. Makes sense because he's the only one left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
If your assumption is true to an extent, I would think that Lyle would've been better off as a villain instead of a hero. His somewhat-tragic past as well as rivalry to his brother would've made him view the world in a different point of view, thus it would make more sense for Lyle to be on different sides as well.

Of course, what I'm saying is purely subjective.
No, not Quite, it would leave him Guilty with the relationship he had shared with his Brother because he had matured from that state, as he is at least already willing to talk about it to other people.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-08-07 at 13:02.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 02:47   Link #993
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Do we know what Ribbons's mobile suit's name is? I think I remember seeing something on here that it's Re-bonz. Was that confirmed? A link to the source would be nice as well.
Old 2009-08-07, 07:16   Link #994
Kiekan

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/00/cb-0000gc.htm

That should answer that and any other questions about the mobile suit.

"If you desire one thing for so long, it's a given that you'll
miss other things along the way. That's how it is... that's
life" - Godo (Berserk)

http://kiekan88.deviantart.com
Kiekan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 05:35   Link #995
elindir
Overreacher

Can anyone tell me what For The Barrel? I heard that it is basically Mobile Suit Gundam (0079) with alternative desgins. Plus there are some other changes, as well (for example the Gundam is called Gunboy, as it was originally intended). Oh, and it was published in NewType magazine.
Old 2009-08-09, 23:15   Link #996
azips
Don Ramones

someone could translate this interview please?
http://randal.blog91.fc2.com/blog-entry-892.html

its a interview with Seiji Mizushima (Gundam 00) and Yoshiyuki Tomino (First Gundam, Zeta Gundam, Gundam ZZ, Victory Gundam and the movies CCA and F91)
azips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 06:09   Link #997
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiekan View Post
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/00/cb-0000gc.htm

That should answer that and any other questions about the mobile suit.
Thanks, I guess. I was hoping for a box, but I guess I can trust the guys at MAHQ.
Old 2009-08-10, 06:28   Link #998
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by elindir View Post
Can anyone tell me what For The Barrel? I heard that it is basically Mobile Suit Gundam (0079) with alternative desgins. Plus there are some other changes, as well (for example the Gundam is called Gunboy, as it was originally intended). Oh, and it was published in NewType magazine.
Basically, it's a comic series center on a rebuiling of 0079 based on Tomino's 0079 novel with new outrageous design for the 20th Anniversary Of Gundam.

But the backlash was so bad that the series was canned after about 20 chapters and plans for a compilation was never realished and now everything's Black History best forgotten and it's creators are all black listed unknowns today.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 08:28   Link #999
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Basically, it's a comic series center on a rebuiling of 0079 based on Tomino's 0079 novel with new outrageous design for the 20th Anniversary Of Gundam.

But the backlash was so bad that the series was canned after about 20 chapters and plans for a compilation was never realished and now everything's Black History best forgotten and it's creators are all black listed unknowns today.
Thanks, mate. I read that there are no scanlations. Is it true? I've only found one page which was translated.
Old 2009-08-10, 08:35   Link #1000
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by elindir View Post
Thanks, mate. I read that there are no scanlations. Is it true? I've only found one page which was translated.
Dude, the series was released in Newtype about a decade back when Gundam was still very much unknown thing outside of Japan and Asia. Couple with it's unpopularity and you get the idea.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2009-08-10 at 08:48.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote