AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-01, 05:36   Link #1661
Seagull
MIA, Rokkenjima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Spoiler for EP 3:
So, true. They wont even see it coming.
Old 2009-08-01, 07:25   Link #1662
Alair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
This guy in the episode 5 thread is starting to question if anyone else actually saw Kinzo alive other than the servants, Nanjo and Natsuhi.

Hohohoho. People are catching on. I imagine the look on their faces when perhaps one of the biggest plot twists come around.
Well, by Volume 3 I was starting to think something stunk to high heaven about the way Kinzo's body was always found burned...
Old 2009-08-01, 09:28   Link #1663
Alaya
Counter Force

What I really looking forward to (and DEEN should not screw them!) for EP2:

- Kanon's blade and Shannon's shield. These would be the first trolls that the story screwed with us.
- Rosa Musou. Rosa really need to be portrayed here, before her image is teared to pieces in EP4.
- Battler and Kinzo are eaten alive. I really want to see how they animate this scene.
- Tea Party. Again, I want to see how they animate the killing of Krauss for golden drop, and the meal serve to Rosa. It should be gruesome. And don't forget the one of the most epic sentences of the series about Maria would be "eaten" by Battler 10 years later .

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-08-01, 10:00   Link #1664
MarthX

I'm guessing those episode titles for 7-10 were fake because they've been out for 2 weeks and no site has been updated with that information. Not Wikipedia, ANN nor http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/1670/time

But shouldn't it be about time for the next NewType to have them?
Old 2009-08-01, 10:56   Link #1665
Mint Kashiro

Quote:
Spoiler for EP 3:
Oh man, I just finished Episode 3 last night and my head still hurts from that one. Especially with Virgilia's part in that.

Really, I'm just wanting to see how people react to the second arc's first twilight. It's just so disturbing in an excellent sense. X3
Old 2009-08-01, 11:10   Link #1666
Alair

They're dead *and* delicious. It's a totally sweet way to go.
Old 2009-08-01, 11:25   Link #1667
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

Quote:
Spoiler for EP 3:
Beato is the ultimate troll... I fell for it till the very end..
Old 2009-08-01, 11:29   Link #1668
Ttak

I hope they use worldenddominator for Rosa's killing spree scene (and this scene gets nicely animated)

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Old 2009-08-01, 11:50   Link #1669
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

A lot of things have happened during the first arc of the anime, and since it would be too long to PM that to everyone, I think it will be easier like this:

DO NOT MOUTHFEED FIRST TIME WATCHERS WITH UNRELATED FACTS OR THEORIES!

I can't stress the fact we must offer the exact same environment we players had during our first playthrough.
Therefore, please do NOT offer elements that are irrelevant or theories that are impossible to speculate at this stage!
The most evident but still recurrent incidents (it happened like four times): Speculating "false scenes" and the like is out of question, especially regarding Kinzo.

There is a fine line regarding giving exotic speculations, and ones that could only be brought with ulterior episodes.
Also, if you want to provide VN details, it would be rather preferable to use spoilers tags from now on, indicating clearly they are just extra details that aren't "future" for the anime. That will leave the choice for these persons if they want to know or not about the VN or if they want to solve everything with the anime alone.

Giving reckless and premature elements will be treated as the SAME as outright spoiler if it is deemed the case.
You are free to observe the first time watchers and the like, but if you are playing like a "game master" or intending to act like "I know better than you!", you will be asked to stop posting completely.

This message is aimed to every VN readers who are actively "guiding" the first time viewers, of course. There is no exception.
Old 2009-08-01, 12:18   Link #1670
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm personally hoping that DEEN would avoid heading into the first twilight of Ep2 with the intention of animating it in it's full, candy-in-the-guts glory because it's just going to turn people off. Yes it was disgustingly gory and violent but part of it is shock factor. If DEEN intends to animate it completely and show us what it would look like if you had a cadny cane where your spleen should be then it'll just detract the viewers.

In essence, it'll leave people stuck on the visual violence of the scene rather than having them ask themselves who would do such a thing inside a closed room that is the chapel. I'd rather that they not focus on the gore but rather on the mystery. Given the nature of the scene overuse of animation would just assault the senses rather than leave it rationally confused.

I'd prefer they do it like episode 5, having shadow silhouettes of the adults dead with candy sticking out of their guts rather than... you know... showing us an opened abdomen with blood, guts and sugary goodness sticking out of everywhere. As someone who's opened my fair share of cadavers it isn't something I'd enjoy getting shoved in my face.
Old 2009-08-01, 12:39   Link #1671
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm personally hoping that DEEN would avoid heading into the first twilight of Ep2 with the intention of animating it in it's full, candy-in-the-guts glory because it's just going to turn people off. Yes it was disgustingly gory and violent but part of it is shock factor. If DEEN intends to animate it completely and show us what it would look like if you had a cadny cane where your spleen should be then it'll just detract the viewers.

In essence, it'll leave people stuck on the visual violence of the scene rather than having them ask themselves who would do such a thing inside a closed room that is the chapel. I'd rather that they not focus on the gore but rather on the mystery. Given the nature of the scene overuse of animation would just assault the senses rather than leave it rationally confused.

I'd prefer they do it like episode 5, having shadow silhouettes of the adults dead with candy sticking out of their guts rather than... you know... showing us an opened abdomen with blood, guts and sugary goodness sticking out of everywhere. As someone who's opened my fair share of cadavers it isn't something I'd enjoy getting shoved in my face.
I think the level of gore in the series has been appropriate so far and they'll probably stick with it.

The next first first twilight discovery scene is the most gruesome event in Umineko. Showing Rosa's reaction will probably have the most impact. If this is handled right then the rest of the series will probably be ok too.
Old 2009-08-01, 12:41   Link #1672
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
The next first first twilight discovery scene is the most gruesome event in Umineko.
Really? I would hand that honor to "NIGHTMARE MOUTH" at the end of the same EP...
Old 2009-08-01, 12:44   Link #1673
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I Can't wait to see Battler telling Maria that it's to early for her to ask someone to eat her.

Old 2009-08-01, 12:46   Link #1674
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Really? I would hand that honor to "NIGHTMARE MOUTH" at the end of the same EP...
That scene is pretty gross too. I wonder what kind of sound effects they'll use.

For me, the haloween party scene had the most shock factor followed by the shed scene from ep1.
Old 2009-08-01, 12:51   Link #1675
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I Can't wait to see Battler telling Maria that it's to early for her to ask someone to eat her.
Pretty sure that will be omitted just like Battler making Maria promise he can touch her breasts when she's older.
Old 2009-08-01, 12:54   Link #1676
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I can't wait to see the scenes when Ange's days in school are being described and her relations with "imaginary" friends. I wish it'd take like 2-3 episodes.

^ *Irony*
Old 2009-08-01, 14:27   Link #1677
June 1983

The bullying and child abuse scenes with Ange and Maria EP 4 are some of the most intense scenes in the whole game, I think, and I'm looking forward to seeing them animated. In one of the anime only threads someone explained that Umineko isn't about tragedy like Higurashi, but about mystery vs. fantasy -- I get that, but I do think that Umineko has a strong undercurrent of tragedy, but it's just not the same as what was in Higurashi. The tragedy in Umineko is really about how human beings misunderstand and hurt each other and don't even realize it most of the time. I personally think that's going to be the overarching theme of the whole series in the end, and it really shows itself fully for the first time in EP 4.
Old 2009-08-01, 14:30   Link #1678
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

EP4 was probably my least favorite Episode actually. I'm hoping that Ange's backstory doesn't take up a lot of time from the anime... but it probably will.

Old 2009-08-01, 14:34   Link #1679
June 1983

Boooo

I actually cried a few times during EP 4 ... when Ange had to read her essay out loud and asked her classmates to kill her, and when Rosa tore up Sakutarou.
Old 2009-08-01, 14:38   Link #1680
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Boooo

I actually cried a few times during EP 4 ... when Ange had to read her essay out loud and asked her classmates to kill her, and when Rosa tore up Sakutarou.
Don't forget the big reveal of what "uu-uu" actually means.
Closed Thread