Old 2009-08-17, 20:41   Link #341
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

I hate to admit it, but I think Raving Rabbids is really hard >.>
Sugar_Prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 17:43   Link #342
ta-kun

Send a message via MSN to ta-kun
hm, I usually just *stop* playing plataform games because it gets on my nerves. Specially 3D ones where you never get the right angle and you jump and fall and have to start all over. Horrible. I stopped playing Alundra2 these days, and the game is not even one of the worst on that. :P
ta-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 23:03   Link #343
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Splunkey is pretty damn hard and full of Yet another stupid death.
Old 2009-08-19, 04:50   Link #344
Kafriel
Senior Guest

DMC3 in heaven and hell mode is definitely in MY list, still stuck on freakin Agni/Rudra. Other than that...
Titan quest in legend mode
Super street fighter 2 turbo (A1200+)
Soul Calibur III
Star ocean 3:till the end of time-I'm LV5X and STILL can get 1HKO'd by anything in the game, currently stuck in the firewall, I played till the end of my patience/sanity.
Xenosaga series-waiting 75 hours to turn my hard-earned grapes into wine is definitely not my definition of easy...especially when I have to deliver 12 of those
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 17:08   Link #345
HyenaMan

well lots of fps can be really hard in the hardest difficulty. Tomb Raider 4(yeah not fps) have to be one of the hardest regardless the difficulty, without a guide is f***ed up.
HyenaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 21:07   Link #346
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Hmmmm, wasn't there a similar thread made a while back?

I sure as hell remember posting a similar video back then:

I believe the game is called Mushihimemasa Futari.
Old 2009-08-19, 22:14   Link #347
Cipher

Tomb Raider is the only one I could label hard. Most of the games I played are "gamer-friendly".
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 10:00   Link #348
ta-kun

Send a message via MSN to ta-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Hmmmm, wasn't there a similar thread made a while back?

I sure as hell remember posting a similar video back then:

I believe the game is called Mushihimemasa Futari.
damn I would never play that game :P
ta-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 10:31   Link #349
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Well, I've seen that video a few times, but it looks like the Lunatic runs of Touhou. So it's doable (but not by me, I'm satisfied with Touhou normal and the extra stages).
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 12:23   Link #350
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Is it just me or are a lot of the games these days not that hard, the only reason I would have any real trouble on a game is because I always set the difficulty to the highest one available when I start it (because of the achievement thing I aint bothered to start from normal, move to hard then do it on very hard). I even started Ninja Gaiden 2 one of the hardest games on hard and I didnt have much trouble and I quickly advanced the only reason I cant advance is because I forgot to buy health and mine is low every time I start.
Gonna have to agree there, but thus is the casual world of gaming we are currently in. Even though there are some games that consider themselves difficult recently, most of the time I find the difficulty to just be superficial.

Though I have found quite a few difficulty gems running around underappreciated. You like masochism? Well then I say try out N for the PC or N+ specifically for the Xbox 360 Arcade. It has at least 250 levels of absolute platforming hell that the old Megaman games have, but with that joy of an infinite amount of homing missles on your ass for at least half of those levels. Thing about Megaman games is that the difficulty wears off once you play through the stages a few times, but N+ stays difficult no matter how many times you play through the level, and I think that's the sign of true difficulty.

The recent Punch-Out! for the Wii and I Wanna Be The Guy could also be considered difficult, but Punch-Out! has the Megaman syndrome and IWBTG is just plain unfair.
Old 2009-08-21, 22:04   Link #351
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Well, I've seen that video a few times, but it looks like the Lunatic runs of Touhou. So it's doable (but not by me, I'm satisfied with Touhou normal and the extra stages).
The Cave games, of which Mushihimesama Futari is one of them, on max difficulty are generally much harder than Lunatic Touhou.
Old 2009-08-21, 23:25   Link #352
Sciel
Etoilé

The prinny game for PSP is pretty hard for me . Even with 1000 lives , i felt like smashing my PSP at times.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 02:55   Link #353
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post

The recent Punch-Out! for the Wii and I Wanna Be The Guy could also be considered difficult, but Punch-Out! has the Megaman syndrome and IWBTG is just plain unfair.
Are we talking about the same thing when you mention the Megaman syndrome, because for me it means one of two things, the first is that it does things to deliberately kill the player as fast as possible as opposed to trying to be a game first, the second is that it just fills the screen with so much crap that it's impossible to dodge and you just have to take the hits.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 06:21   Link #354
Battler-kun

Oh, forgot to add:

MDK2 for Dreamcast is pretty tough!

They modified the PS2-version to make it easier.....
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 14:52   Link #355
ShapetheSky

Rosenkreuz Stilette. Most of Megaman is a joke against this abomination...x_X
ShapetheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 19:13   Link #356
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Are we talking about the same thing when you mention the Megaman syndrome, because for me it means one of two things, the first is that it does things to deliberately kill the player as fast as possible as opposed to trying to be a game first, the second is that it just fills the screen with so much crap that it's impossible to dodge and you just have to take the hits.
Well both of your definitions for Megaman Syndrome apply to I Wanna Be The Guy most definitely, but I was just using it as a fancy way of saying "trial-and-error".
Old 2009-08-23, 05:54   Link #357
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I add Terminator in Game boy advance . Its damn hard , never finished this game and exemple If you lose in stage 3(or whatever) you have to restart all the game omg . Bring back memories of my youth .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 16:24   Link #358
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
I remembered another game that was hard, but for all of the wrong reasons: Mortal Kombat on the Game Boy. The game was so laggy that I couldn't even tell who I was controlling. I assume I was the one on the left, but most of the movements done by my player seemed completely different from the button input. I know I have complained about the Game Boy port several times on this site, but Goddammit.

Although not the hardest games in the world, Metroid on the NES and Earthworm Jim were really difficult, and Pokémon Puzzle League on Super Hard had IMPOSSIBLY good CPUs.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 05:49   Link #359
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutPhase View Post
Although not the hardest games in the world, Metroid on the NES and Earthworm Jim were really difficult, and Pokémon Puzzle League on Super Hard had IMPOSSIBLY good CPUs.
I remember getting stuck on this one quite a few times while playing it.

No internet to read FAQs about it, no american mags to rely upon and not a single one of my friends owning the game to help me with it.
Old 2009-08-25, 09:07   Link #360
xYuki
P.A.N.D.O.R.A
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to xYuki
silent hill 1 from ps1
for me.. its really hard.. bcoz u only use flash light to see the way
xYuki is offline   Reply With Quote