AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-02, 07:35   Link #801
Sakome

This episode was all right, nice character development and some more information on the devil's contract. Kind of touching at the end, I hope we get to find out what Lisa and Luke's story is. Cecily and Aria are a great pair as well, Cecily seems to have calmed down a bit more with her. I would like to see more main plot episodes since this is a short season but if they do extend it then I don't mind.

Couple questions I had for any Novel readers

Are there any more main protagonists?

Is there a main story or is it small story episodic series like Index seems to have?
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 08:19   Link #802
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Regarding Cecily and Aria's relationship, it should develop in a more intimate way Aria certainly picked the right dress for her. Now if only she acts a little more like Kuroko from Railgun.......
If ever that happened, I guess I can really say that the main theme this Fall 2009 is Lesbianism Yuri Revolution

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 09:28   Link #803
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurupeceaue View Post
If ever that happened, I guess I can really say that the main theme this Fall 2009 is Lesbianism Yuri Revolution
I thought the summer 2009 was bigger for that.
Old 2009-11-02, 09:33   Link #804
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Episode five is a pretty relaxing episode, with some adorable focus on Lisa. We also learn where that cute new outfit comes from.

Also nice Lisa feet shot, and of course, more mentioning of Cecily's breasts!
It was an okay episode. And only one joke about Cecily's breasts, not bad. lol.

What was with Lisa sleeping on the table like that? Is that an elf thing or something? I think we have a lot of back story to learn.
Old 2009-11-02, 09:35   Link #805
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Decided to give this anime a try over the weekend, as the character designs were appealing to me, and I like sword and sorcery fantasy.

Well... it's very nice to see sword and sorcery fantasy played straight here. Haven't seen that in awhile, or at least not done well in a while.

This isn't quite Record of Lodoss War, but it is very good.

The animation and artwork are both gorgeous and fitting for this series, and the action scenes in particular are very well-rendered. I'm not sure if it is or not, but this looks like a KyoAni production... and I mean that as a very high compliment.

Episodes 1 through 4 kind of constitute an opening arc to me, and it was a very enjoyable one.

Episode 4 may have one of the more genuine and heartfelt yuri relationships that I've seen in awhile. The fact that it's between a knight and a human sword makes it that much sweeter. The ending to Episode 4 truly was touching, and you can really feel and understand why Aria was so moved by Cecily's gesture here. It's been awhile since I've been moved in a somewhat sappy way by an anime, but this episode managed to do it, just a tinge at least.

Luke is basically a bishonen protagonist, I think. His attitude and personality reminds me a lot of Sesshomaru from InuYasha. He has that same unstated noble spirit, shrouded behind a constantly cool and calm and seemingly arrogant demeanor.

There's little things that I could nitpick about, but it's not really worth it. Right now, this is probably my favorite anime of the fall season. After a satisfying opening arc, I'm looking forward to where the anime goes from here.
Old 2009-11-02, 17:45   Link #806
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

An episode focused for Lisa ? why not !
It was good . She's cute and need some friendships
Finally she wears the clothes in the ED !

I don't find Cecily annoying now . She reminds me a girl that i know lol . Straight and don't give up .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 18:02   Link #807
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
That isn't how Luke in the flashback right? It doesn't look like him... If that's how he lost his eye.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 18:47   Link #808
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
That isn't how Luke in the flashback right? It doesn't look like him... If that's how he lost his eye.
I don't think it's Luke in the flashback. For one thing, he was talking about events that happened during the war. He'd be too young to be that man. However, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that whoever that man was, he's related to Luke somehow.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:37   Link #809
karasuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

What was with Lisa sleeping on the table like that? Is that an elf thing or something? I think we have a lot of back story to learn.
Based on the EP, Aria and Lisa is shown with "Aria the sword" and a hammer in the background? My guess is : Lisa is the hammer.

Then, a hammer resting in the tool shed is not that surprising.
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 06:57   Link #810
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
I just wonder why Cecily still wants a katana. She's got a Demon Sword now and seems to fight well with Aria when push comes to shove. I thought the whole oath thing made by Aria in episode 4 was some kind of contract with Cecily, but I guess not? Then again, Cecily treating Aria as her friend rather then her sword is probably important to the story.

I just wonder when she'll finally learn that a katana isn't for her.
Old 2009-11-03, 06:57   Link #811
xKeen

Good thing luke didn't just ignore her (:

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 07:13   Link #812
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurupeceaue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I thought the summer 2009 was bigger for that.
2009 is a beautiful year. Before we enter into the first decade of the new millenium, it is right to celebrate the love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

I think she is too used to leading a hard life before she is adopted, so she doesn't have anything on her mind she wants. It is just like a rich man who sleeps beneath government flats because he is having problems adjusting to his rich lifestyle.

I bet my waifus that the only other place she can sleep well in is on Cecily's chest.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 08:20   Link #813
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
An episode focused on Lisa didnt expect that. It was ok I will admit i was a little bored but Lisa is cute so it was all good. I did get the urge to punch Luke in his grill a couple of times but he made up for it in the end.
Old 2009-11-03, 18:22   Link #814
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Triple R - nice call on the Luke-Sesshomaru thing. There's definitely a "Fluffy" air to Luke, now you mention it.

Problem for me is, after episode 5 my lukewarm dislike for Cecily is quickly growing into a healthy hatred. She really is an arrogant, noisy, annoying brat of a woman. I like all the other characters fine and the premise is interesting enough, but she's an enormously unlikeable lead.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 20:48   Link #815
RGB

Lisa's side story ended up being way more enjoyable than expected. She was so damn adorable in this episode that I wouldn't mind if the show dropped the whole "saving the world from sealed evil" plot for some rustic slice of life.
Luke, on the other hand, creeped me out with his left eye. I really hope they won't make it glow in the dark or something just to drive the point home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
... and of course, more mentioning of Cecily's breasts!
The writers might as well have had Cecily looking for a way to reforge her family's heirloom "gag boobs" armor that was passed down through generations of Cambell knights. At least then all the breasts talk would be plot related.
RGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 21:00   Link #816
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB View Post
Luke, on the other hand, creeped me out with his left eye. I really hope they won't make it glow in the dark or something just to drive the point home.
Ahahaha Nice one
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 05:16   Link #817
blewin

I really like this episode. Since I'm not a big fan on Cecily, it's great to see some character development on Lisa and Luke (Luke's reaction is SOOO predictable).

I rather miss Lisa's old clothes.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 09:18   Link #818
Gilgamesh00

This ep was good give focus on Lisa was great idea, Luke really is a tsundere boy, [SOLID] unhappily he is also so much annoying and sometimes behaves like a senile old man.
Gilgamesh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 21:54   Link #819
Yushi

Dang I love this show~ I watch it for Luke, he is so cool~ *doesn't really care for the female cast* XD
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 23:06   Link #820
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
just started watching this show and i have to say i was pretty impressed the the fight scenes namely the first one where Luke slices the sword in half and also the second one where it shows Luke's flawless footwork. i have never seen such impressive animation of a characters footwork like that before.

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen