Knowledge is the solution

Interesting turn isn't it. :ṕ
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 23:22   Link #1783
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumblefish View Post
I put today's wallpaper here in case people arrive too late or don't speak Japanese.
Thanks! I wait for the subs. Not sure if everyone else knew about it, but all the "gifts" are in subsmith's site. Convenient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
Awwww
today's gift is so cuteeeeeeeee >3<
Indeed.
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 23:23   Link #1784
Proto

I couldn't watch this episode till now since I had to go to work on Sunday :S

Anyway, from this manga watcher to this anime original episode and the anime production team:

*hats off*

The sub is out BTW.
Old 2009-11-22, 23:38   Link #1785
CWW
Lurker

Oh my God I couldn't bring myself to watch past the quiz. My hopes are dashed.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 23:55   Link #1786
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
pretty nice episode this week. It seems like Akane is drawing something for a contest or something. She mention that too bad Kou can't see it because she already submit it. I'm guessing that the drawing might be a picture of Aoba/Kou pitching on the mount, because what else would Akane ask a book from Kou from. Unless it's a picture of Wakaba but Akane never really saw/ask anything about Wakaba. A lot of people don't remember that Menda's name, I mean Senda. There is a lot of hint that Aoba might be considering joining the female baseball team.

Next episode Feb 14. Looks like Azuma finally tells Aoba that she's the only person he'll consider going out with. I'm guessing he received a lot of chocolate, and Aoba asked something about would you consider going out with any of them, or something along those lines.
Old 2009-11-23, 00:01   Link #1787
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Azuma x Aoba? I dunno...an odd match if you ask me.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 00:27   Link #1788
poko-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Hmm... They could be another good match. Since Aoba and Kou are so much alike (in many ways).
You can imagine that.

Last edited by poko-kun; 2009-11-23 at 07:44.
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 00:57   Link #1789
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Hehe.

Azuma and Aoba sittin' in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g.

Just kidding, but the episode made me think Azuma has an interest. He at least seems to be encouraging her to go for the "gold".(All-Japan Girls Team)
Old 2009-11-23, 02:34   Link #1790
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
Just kidding, but the episode made me think Azuma has an interest. He at least seems to be encouraging her to go for the "gold".(All-Japan Girls Team)
VERY important about what and who is important to her.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 02:41   Link #1791
karasuma

Kou x Akane? Kou x Aoba? Azuma x Aoba?

Geez.. this is hard.
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 03:12   Link #1792
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

At this point, that line from Azuma could be spoken to anyone. I distrust the previews, they can be misleading.

Although an Azuma x Aoba pairing would be an interesting match.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 05:53   Link #1793
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

Excellent original episode (well, 80% of it was original at least). Unlike the previous filler episodes which took very little risk and did not add much to the main plot, this storyboard had much more guts and developed a lot of threads in its own way. Also a very good introduction to upcoming topics, as well as some open doors for different pathes than in the manga.

Another song from Kobukuro can be heard when the Clover dad is watching TV, I wonder if it foreshadows a new OP. Unfortunately it wasn't Sayonara Hero. Still no news about an album release of the original soundtrack?

I can't wait for next week!
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 09:58   Link #1794
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
At this point, that line from Azuma could be spoken to anyone. I distrust the previews, they can be misleading.

Although an Azuma x Aoba pairing would be an interesting match.
well who else would he be talking to? some new character that just pops up in the next episode? It would be jokes if he said that to Ichiyo infront of his brother. Azuma is not the type of character that would say jokes so the only person that would interest him would be Aoba because she's the only girl that would give him trouble with a fast ball (from ep 34).
Old 2009-11-23, 11:15   Link #1795
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Wait what huh Momiji has a who what?

Honestly, the very first scene with Akane outside their shop as her parents pile deliveries on her... that laugh and smile of Kou's is something I definitely haven't seen from him in a long while. A very long while....

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised about Momiji because... actually I never noticed it before but she's gotten a LOT taller. I noticed it when she was sitting on the floow watching TV. The difference is actually THAT noticable.

I actually really love episodes like this. Everyone goes on their "Me" time rather than always being together and it gives a lot of insight on how they operate on their own without everyone else around them. One of the reasons why I found K-On's first bonus episode to be the best in the series full of disappointments.

Also Senda is finally genuinely funny for once, trying to find the guys and having people NOT remember him. Likewise Azuma's actually SMILING! This is an episode full of pleasant surprises.

Poor Aoba, all alone to do batting practice while her sisters go on dates and father goes to get drunk? Probably not as bad as the "bachelors" getting owned up by Momiji's "candidate boyfriend".

I actually felt pretty bad for Senda but rather touched with the entire thing. He's the quintissential buttmonkey of the show but he's still their friend and teammate. If he didn't always had to go out of his way to look cool and ended up looking like an idiot he'd realize people like him for just being himself.

2 of the best scenes of the episode, one of them for once does not involve Kou:

"There's no other girl out there that can give me trouble with fastballs..."

"I'd aim for a Koshien of my own."

Goddammit Azuma I'm a stalwart KouxAoba shipper here, don't make me ship for you too! Azuma's speech really seems to have hit home on Aoba, who obviously still wishes to fulfill Wakaba's dream in one way or another, even if it's sitting at the bleachers at Koshien. Aoba's split-second look of frustration as she bats again makes her confusion all the more obvious.

Most people will call it cliche but... it starts snowing the moment Azuma and Aoba are together, as well as Kou and Akane. Could this mean... despite the fact that it was well played... I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I'm still an ardent KouxAoba man, and it would pain me to not see them together. The preview for the Valentine's Day episode seems to point to a more specific direction but... gah... X_X
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 11:25   Link #1796
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Sorry, but I'm going to need to veto Aoba x Azuma. Denied.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 11:28   Link #1797
satomianzaki

for me, i'll only stick with a kou x aoba pairing...

i really am eager to see the development of their relationship...scenes with those two interacting with each other really put a smile on my face...maybe it's because they always argue but deep inside...well...hahaha...

i really loved the manga and now that i have seen the animation, it makes me really want to watch more episodes...the anime is really good...

satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 11:35   Link #1798
Proto

Spoiler for ep 34 preview:
Old 2009-11-23, 11:38   Link #1799
zitch

I am one of many Kou x Aoba match-up fans here (along with an Akaishi x Akane development), but I'm finding myself warming up to a Kou x Akane and Azuma x Aoba matchup here, at least for the short term.

If anything, I think this may also jump start a Kou x Aoba match longer down the road, too.

That said, what Azuma says in the preview might very well be a misdirection. Not the first time a preview in this series misleads viewers...

UPDATE: You know, that's what makes this series so great and making me want to see more, even after episodes without cliffhangers: I just can't predict what will happen next and I want to know. It's why I refuse to read the manga until the anime series is over!
zitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 11:42   Link #1800
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Sorry, but I'm going to need to veto Aoba x Azuma. Denied.
I agree with the above statement.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports