Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-19, 09:32   Link #61
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
Amagai while wrong, at least had what he felt was a valid reason for revenge...the murder of his father by the head of the Gotei 13,
I´m pretty sure Kouga felt like he had a valid reason to seek revenge as well. He actually had a better reason than Amagay because he was intially framed and sentenced to lose his powers for unjust reasons.
Quote:
as for killing himself "like a bitch" as you so quaintly put it Gin is simply my point in action, they had to kill off Amagai, because it would be too confusing to keep him in canon eps, while the mod souls are easy to pop in as they have no effect on the outcome.
I guess I missed the part where they killed off that annoying little princess tas well then... Oh wait.

Quote:
Which is my point all along, nothing new will happen in anime original eps of course if I don't list my exact meaning of this statement I am sure TheWanderer will pop in and say oh sure we see new stuff all the time lol...I am meaning Captain and VC bankai's not previously shown in canon eps or manga issues, I mean no canon character who is alive in the manga will ever die in the anime original eps, and if somehow they do pull that off, they would immediately be brought back to life somehow.
i´m pretty sure you could say the exact same thing about your precious Amagay arc, but I don´t hear you complaining about that.

Quote:
meanwhile as for Kouga, he is just a prodigy turned emo wacko because no one gave him a posistion quickly and he felt like he was better than everyone else.
Hmm... that sounds frighteningly similar to a character from the arc you are so quick to praise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
^ so does this mean you're back? <3
I thought he left in face of how awesome The Trizzernaut and I were.
Old 2010-02-20, 02:01   Link #62
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

*internet flex*
Old 2010-02-20, 04:09   Link #63
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

lol...nah, but I do get miffed from time to time and don't feel like bickering..but only from time to time...I am never in a place too long anyway. And yes I do feel the same about the Amagai arc...however my opinion is simple, the Bount and Amagai arcs are better than this arc imho. I do not see how feeling betrayed and not getting a high posistion is the same as believing someone murdered your father...but whatever lmao. Amagai had a much more valid reason for his actions keeping in mind that what he thought was a lie anyway hehe.
As for not killing off Lurichiyo, it is because she is useless and effects the outcome of nothing...but I promise you...there will never be a new Captain or VC bankai revealed outside of Canon eps and no main character will die outside of canon eps, thus far in over 100 anime original eps this has held true. Damn just thinking about more anime original than canon makes me hate Kubo and Studio Perot. Not because anime original sucks all the time, but because it is an overt attempt at raping the masses who enjoy the show and it's characters. I am on this thread because I am a fan of Bleach. However, that is starting to be in question...of course I know that there have to be some great moments coming up but I don't think I will be watching each week like I used to.
Old 2010-02-20, 08:41   Link #64
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
no main character will die outside of canon eps
outside of possible plot device for future power ups
Old 2010-02-20, 08:51   Link #65
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I suppose that's probably the best thing about fillers.

Good guys die.
Old 2010-02-20, 14:41   Link #66
kamyu

Quote:
I do not see how feeling betrayed and not getting a high posistion is the same as believing someone murdered your father...but whatever lmao. Amagai had a much more valid reason for his actions keeping in mind that what he thought was a lie anyway hehe.
how about getting framed for murdering your fellow squad members/friends by a group of your superiors and then being told to just accept the fact that you are going to be executed for it.

kouga was reacting to a very real betrayal and blatant injustice that was directly and immediately threatening his life.
amagai was reacting to an ancient lie that wasn't threatening anyone.

i didn't like either arc, but misinformed revenge is by far the less valid reason.
Old 2010-02-20, 18:05   Link #67
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

yes, but both are rather cliche either way
Old 2010-02-20, 23:03   Link #68
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Not as cliche as a backstoryless ubervillain.

...IMO.
Old 2010-02-20, 23:15   Link #69
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

didn't think that was a cliche...I would like to believe in all other media that the ubervillain would of had a backstory a long time ago in comparison to Bleach
Old 2010-02-20, 23:48   Link #70
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

You haven't watched a lot of 80s cartoons, have you?
Old 2010-02-21, 00:15   Link #71
kamyu

a yet to be revealed back story isn't necessarily the same as a non-existent one.
this is bleach. the bad guys can't have their back story until they are about to die. besides, revealing aizen's back story would likely reveal the true target of his plans so that can't happen prematurelyl.
Old 2010-02-21, 00:30   Link #72
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
You haven't watched a lot of 80s cartoons, have you?
some of those are a distant memory, though ninja turtles is still a old favorite :3
Old 2010-02-21, 03:26   Link #73
Kafriel
Senior Guest

TW is right on this one, old cartoons were of the manihaistic aspect of "evil witch is evil because she is...well, evil" with no need for explanations, but these days, going beyond right and wrong seems to appeal to kids, so villains tend to have a redeeming air about them right before they die...except Aizen, if he dies he'll just say "just as planned, I'm pulling a last one on you all"
Old 2010-02-21, 03:34   Link #74
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

"On this one"...? ;_;
Old 2010-02-21, 04:14   Link #75
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
how about getting framed for murdering your fellow squad members/friends by a group of your superiors and then being told to just accept the fact that you are going to be executed for it.

kouga was reacting to a very real betrayal and blatant injustice that was directly and immediately threatening his life.
amagai was reacting to an ancient lie that wasn't threatening anyone.

i didn't like either arc, but misinformed revenge is by far the less valid reason.
Okay, again...Kouga = Emo, arrogant, thinks he's better than everyone else and wanted to take over SS...then spent who knows how long locked up, and when his katana frees him, he pisses all over it... sorry Amagai arc was much more noble and touching, that is my opinion and no matter how many people hated it...I did not.

You say Amagai had misinformed revenge, true on the surface but look at the circumstances, he saw his father get cut down by Yamamoto, he watched his father die in his arms...as opposed to...man I really wanted that job, oh noes I didn't get it, now I'll kill everyone and remake the universe...erm uh...okay

Last edited by Mitsuomi1971; 2010-02-21 at 04:53.
Old 2010-02-21, 04:47   Link #76
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Amagai was a lot better than Kouga, I agree.
Old 2010-02-21, 07:41   Link #77
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
"On this one"...?
The cliche part.
Quote:
You say Amagai had misinformed revenge, true on the surface but look at the circumstances, he saw his father get cut down by Yamamoto, he watched his father die in his arms...as opposed to...man I really wanted that job, oh noes I didn't get it, now I'll kill everyone and remake the universe...erm uh...okay
As it was said before, Kouga's case was a lot more severe than Amagai's, the man was framed for something he didn't do and was told by his law-abiding father to rot in jail and say nothing. If you include his Kuchiki character to his getting framed and ditched by his family, it makes perfect sense that he wanted to destroy the corrupt system behind it...so you can't just come out and call him emo, although he was pretty arrogant.
Old 2010-02-21, 08:41   Link #78
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The cliche part.
I know which part you meant. I meant that you implied that you don't agree with me any other time.

Quote:
As it was said before, Kouga's case was a lot more severe than Amagai's, the man was framed for something he didn't do and was told by his law-abiding father to rot in jail and say nothing. If you include his Kuchiki character to his getting framed and ditched by his family, it makes perfect sense that he wanted to destroy the corrupt system behind it...so you can't just come out and call him emo, although he was pretty arrogant.
I got the impression that even if justified, one that acts like that is emo...
Old 2010-02-21, 09:09   Link #79
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I thought emo=sad cut-cut-cut type, both Kouga and Amagai went from happy to angry, skipped sad and straight to killing
Old 2010-02-21, 09:48   Link #80
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
I thought emo=sad cut-cut-cut type, both Kouga and Amagai went from happy to angry, skipped sad and straight to killing
Amagai had hundreds of years to dwell on it. Kouga popped out of an oversized twinkie box. Big difference.