Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-23, 04:40   Link #481
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
well i am an unbashed gun otaku (slightly) and for some things, the RPG was designed to be "tank begone" due to its heavy rocket head that was HEAT configured. Also, it no need safety as you need to aim, point and shoot then muzzle loading a new rocket. If she were to carry a gun besides that M1911 pistol, it would be a sawed off double barrel/lupara that fires a shell of compressed magic power
One must remember that the RPG was designed from the outset as a 2 man weapon. Trust me, not even the insurgents in Iraq went solo. So it's not for Kuesu, although I was mainly speculating the magical properties infusion would have on modern weapons, as Flareknight mentioned, going with whatever works is a nice thing to think about. I'd talk guns more but this isn't the place for that.

I thought about what that guy said in District 9, "It's gonna be quick, it's gonna be clean, and best of all it's gonna be quiet" I wonder what kind of class is that? hmm? hm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Can two opposing fanbases be satisfied within the same episode ? I have no idea what to expect, but should be interesting anyways.
If both types of fans will be treated next ep, that will be a day to remember for this thread

Quote:
Poor Shizuku is making due with whatever screen time she can get. Having to hijack the preview to make her case heard . Though they do keep playing up the tongue action with typing and the Popsicle.
This was funny. If she was the one who typed "fiancee", she's got a 1,2,3,4 typing speed(probably unfortunately due to shift jis). With her tongue! Imagine if she can do standard 80 words per minute, now that's what I call a tongue twister!

And come on girl, you are still on XP! Get with the times and migrate to Win7! (yeah I'm one to talk, I had to downgrade from a Win7 trial due to old hardware not up to it)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 07:32   Link #482
Moci
just an ordinary alien...

Send a message via MSN to Moci
"Oh, I think Himari fans will like the next ep VERY MUCH (if you thought the kiss scene was cute)"

I can't wait! I found an another Kuesu pic... in the manga, she's super cute!

Last edited by Moci; 2010-02-23 at 08:13. Reason: Pic removed.
Moci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 08:09   Link #483
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moci View Post
"Oh, I think Himari fans will like the next ep VERY MUCH (if you thought the kiss scene was cute)"

I can't wait! I found an another Kuesu pic... in the manga, she's super cute!
I would call that a spoiler. lol.
Old 2010-02-23, 08:15   Link #484
Moci

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I would call that a spoiler. lol.
I deleted the pic. I don't want a trouble...
Old 2010-02-23, 08:30   Link #485
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moci View Post
I deleted the pic. I don't want a trouble...
It was in spoiler tags so it was okay. I was only saying it's a spoiler since you weren't sure. lol.
Old 2010-02-23, 08:39   Link #486
Moci

Quote:
It was in spoiler tags so it was okay. I was only saying it's a spoiler since you weren't sure. lol.
I'm dumb today, lol.
Anyway it was a manga spoiler, so i think i was wrong, when i posted here the pic. Oh, i found a nice Himari vector. Click!
Old 2010-02-23, 15:25   Link #487
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Though not everything is okay just because you put it in a spoiler tag.
For more info:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=66109

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 00:12   Link #488
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

The episode this week was okay overall .

"Yasashiku shite kudasai~"

That was too much for me. It was a great fanservice for Kuesu's fans. That scene was really pleasing to the eyes. XD

Honestly speaking, Koshimizu Ami is not doing a bad job when voicing Himari; however, her work regarding the berserk or mentally unstable Himari, is not praiseworthy. It doesn't sound natural and definitely sounds forced. Instead of getting frightened or restrained by awe, I can't help but laugh so hard when Himari just screams out of rage or whatnot.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 02:43   Link #489
ZeKeR
Superbad

now we see kuesu's affections grow.... PLUS a kiss!
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 03:11   Link #490
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Yay full version of OP, and ED are out .
Spoiler for Beam my Beam Full:

Spoiler for Oshichau zo!! Full:

Beam my Beam Full Ver. is great, it makes me want the character specific version of it sooner; definitely my favorite ED theme of the year so far . The B side "Love and Peace" is fitting given the title, not a bad song though Beam My Beam is much better.

Oshichau zo!! Full Ver. is way better than the TV versions, and it's extremely catchy too. The B side "Hidamari" was an unexpectedly calming, and beautiful song, I really liked it. Though it was literally the opposite in every way to Oshichau zo!!, and Beam My Beam.

Also for the opening says by "Ayaruka" which searching for only comes up with Omamori Himari stuff; looking at character, and sieyu names doesn't look like any of them, so is it just some unknown singer, or something I am missing?
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2010-02-24 at 14:16. Reason: Found full OP too.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 09:44   Link #491
Midonin
Last Engage

From my research on them before the series' began, AyaRuka is composed of two members - Aya Sakamoto and Ruka Kawada. Ruka's name has come up a few times before in the anime business. She was the composer and arranger for the second OP of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Aya has no anime history that we might know of, but a googling of her name turns up several results, so does have at least some music experience. Both of them are pretty much new at the singing game, though.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 14:41   Link #492
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Kuesu's hot in ep8.

I like the anime drawing better than the manga, IMO.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 18:17   Link #493
Midonin
Last Engage

This week, Rinko gets to solo the ED. And like Himari's, her version has slightly different lyrics. Going by the order the singers are listed in the group, I'm expecting Liz's solo next week.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 19:52   Link #494
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Finished ep 8. This episode, I wasn't bothered with the bad art compared to last episode due to how good the plot was written off. But there is several rooms for improvement.
Spoiler for ep8:

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2010-02-24 at 23:48.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 20:45   Link #495
ZeKeR
Superbad

wait...... isnt that white girl the amakawa weapons shop? i seriously lol'd when she puked some blades in front of kuesu.... lolololol....
Old 2010-02-24, 23:42   Link #496
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Spoiler:

EDITED
It is my understanding that episode is not available in sub yet as of this moment, you'd might want to put that in spoiler tags.

As a speed reader, my brain took in about half your post before it processed the "finished ep 8". Not good .....

mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 23:49   Link #497
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
It is my understanding that episode is not available in sub yet as of this moment, you'd might want to put that in spoiler tags.

As a speed reader, my brain took in about half your post before it processed the "finished ep 8". Not good .....

There, i corrected it.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 00:04   Link #498
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep8:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 07:33   Link #499
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Something about the scene between the MIB and Kuesu on the ammo use that was absent from both the Chinese official manga licence and anime. The MIB asked if her if she also had a combat load, ie an extra round in the chamber on top of a full mag. I thought it was an interesting gun detail that was lost in translation (in the Taiwanese case it was probably just the translator being lazy). Given that it's the only time I ever seen it mentioned in a manga.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 07:36   Link #500
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Something about the scene between the MIB and Kuesu on the ammo use that was absent from both the Chinese official manga licence and anime. The MIB asked if her if she also had a combat load, ie an extra round in the chamber on top of a full mag. I thought it was an interesting gun detail that was lost in translation (in the Taiwanese case it was probably just the translator being lazy). Given that it's the only time I ever seen it mentioned in a manga.
they asked about the content of that bullet right?

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen