AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-06, 17:52   Link #141
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Something that's bothered me:
In Ep. 1, early Oct. 5, when Maria wakes and Rosa isn't in her room, Maria is extremely upset. When she later learns that Rosa is dead, Maria doesn't care that much.
I guess she really believes in Beatrice and the epitaph? Because of the sign of Rosa's death, she most likely believes that she will meet with her at the Golden Land as well?

Look at me, I sound like another Ange/Maria.
Old 2010-02-06, 18:39   Link #142
Judoh
Mystery buff

Just something I thought of.... are there Synagogues in japan? I know there are christian churches in japan, but I' m not sure about synagogues. The reason I ask is because if maria was visiting a secret Rabbi than it would explain why she can read Hebrew.

Of course maybe she only needed to understand enough to read her notes and understand bible verses.

Hebrew actually wouldn't be as complicated as japanese for her to learn. Unlike Japanese that has many varying symbols for different words 100's in fact. Hebrew has a 22 letter alphabet and would be easier IMO to learn.

on topic:

I really like Maria as a character even though I find her annoying. Actually the reason I like her is BECAUSE she's annoying. The more I hate her the more I want to know about her.
Old 2010-02-07, 04:02   Link #143
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I think there is a synagogue in Tokyo but I'm not enterily sure...

I think that she learnt it from books, it is also possible that she actually dosent know it at all but have memorized the meanings of all circles.
Old 2010-02-08, 14:37   Link #144
Abashi

uuu - uuu -uuu
Old 2010-02-09, 09:13   Link #145
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
She was already familiar with those particular circles. They were all shown in her notebook at one point. Most likely either:
- Maria's Beatrice taught them to her with the intention of using in the murders.
- the killer used them in the murders because they were in Maria's notebook.
Old 2010-06-22, 17:29   Link #146
Maria-Chwan
Kikiki~

Send a message via MSN to Maria-Chwan
Obvious, more than likely~

I think this is obvious by now but I really adore Maria-Chan!

Uuu~

As obvious as it is, it's also hard to see since I've been dead for so long. I LOVE Maria so much, if she was real I'd want her to be my little sister.

Spoiler for Off-Topic:

Last edited by Maria-Chwan; 2010-06-22 at 17:36. Reason: The size is a bit to big, Uuuu~ ;A;
Old 2010-06-30, 16:02   Link #147
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Just something I thought of.... are there Synagogues in japan? I know there are christian churches in japan, but I' m not sure about synagogues. The reason I ask is because if maria was visiting a secret Rabbi than it would explain why she can read Hebrew.

Of course maybe she only needed to understand enough to read her notes and understand bible verses.

Hebrew actually wouldn't be as complicated as japanese for her to learn. Unlike Japanese that has many varying symbols for different words 100's in fact. Hebrew has a 22 letter alphabet and would be easier IMO to learn.

on topic:

I really like Maria as a character even though I find her annoying. Actually the reason I like her is BECAUSE she's annoying. The more I hate her the more I want to know about her.
Well, there is the likelihood that Maria hung out with the same person who is drawing these circles at every family conference. I am pretty sure these exact circles are written down somewhere in Maria's bag. I mean when she goes 'crazy mode' with her eyes both 3 inches in diameter she seems to be repeating something from memory instead of thinking about it. Like a parot.
Pretty much what roger posted.
Old 2010-06-30, 16:19   Link #148
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I strongly doubt that Maria can read hebrew. She just happens to know the meaning of those specific words. Her character TIPS state that she is very good at memorizing that sort of stuff.

Old 2010-06-30, 16:35   Link #149
Leafsnail

Shealso learnt a bunch of bible passages off by heart, apparently.
Old 2010-07-01, 13:24   Link #150
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I used to do those kind of things a lot when I was small, I was famous of my ability to recite shor documentary films about animals.
Old 2010-07-03, 17:12   Link #151
Spartanz1170

The one thing I remember about Maria the most was ~UUUUU~~UUUUU~~UUUUU~~UUUUU~~UUUUU~~UUUUU~~UUUUU~~ UUUUU~~UUUUU~~UUUUU~~UUUUU~~UUUUU~~UUUUU~~UUUUU~~U UUUU~~UUUUU~~UUUUU~~UUUUU~

and the occasional slapping of Rosa, the best mom ever
Old 2010-07-03, 17:55   Link #152
Leafsnail

Disturbingly, Rosa remins me a lot of how my own mother used to be. Hmm...
Old 2010-07-10, 01:05   Link #153
Dreams of Destiny

It's so adorable when Maria starts say Uuuu..uuu, another thing I like about her is her other dark side double personality, there's nothing more effing cooler than a innocent looking child with a inner demon that can rape anyone's mind.
Old 2010-07-10, 01:10   Link #154
Disz

Well...Maria is.....special. >_>

I don't really like her,and I like her at the same time.

I'm pretty sure she's the only one who 100% believes in Beatrice.
Old 2010-07-10, 16:44   Link #155
Dr. Casey

Maria's one of the best characters in Umineko, and in some respects the kindest and noblest.
Old 2010-07-13, 22:29   Link #156
winter 923

Her uu- uu- really annoyed me till they showed her grimoire after that it was "daaaaw that's cute"
One of the few Beatrice believers which is a big + point. Maybe a little bit too into Beatrice and emotionsless to the dead but that only rises her creepy value
Old 2010-07-17, 05:28   Link #157
Disz

People really like her that much...?

I mean...she doesn't really..you know...do much..
Old 2010-07-17, 05:31   Link #158
littlegal100

Well to each to their own as some people would say ^^ Rosa also doesn't do much in the novels yet she's insanely popular so...yeah.

Besides Maria does have an active role at least in the first 4 arcs.

Last edited by littlegal100; 2010-07-17 at 05:34. Reason: Forgot to add.
Old 2010-07-17, 05:39   Link #159
Disz

The only time I can say ''Woah'' to Maria is when she destroys Rosa.That caught me off guard.

But when I mean she doesn't do much,I mean she isn't evil.
Spoiler for Spoilerz:

Besides,Rosa may not have done ''much'',but to all anime viewers, she was the who silenced all the ''Uu's'',and made us ''Awe''.She destroyed my least favorite character ''Sakutaro''.She's pure awesome.
Old 2010-07-17, 05:51   Link #160
littlegal100

Well yeah Maria isn't evil at all. nor would she be anywhere close to a possible culprit or even an accomplice IMO. Although frankly that shoudn't affect her likability with the fans ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disz View Post
Besides,Rosa may not have done ''much'',but to all anime viewers, she was the who silenced all the ''Uu's'',and made us ''Awe''.She destroyed my least favorite character ''Sakutaro''.She's pure awesome.
She was awesome at the end of episode 2 (Rosa musou!!) Although too bad she's too much of a failmum to be very likable after that (atleast for me)
Closed Thread