AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-17, 07:25   Link #301
Berzerker2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
No no, the name of the girl is Geshumaru. No one knows the name of the robot yet...

@Marcus No accusing, just interested. I was looking at SilverSyko too ಠ_ಠ
@Bezerker You want the story, eh? Here, I've got some things for you to do:
-Watch the original Black Rock Shooter music video, collab between huke and ryo.
Spoiler for youtube:

-Watch the fanmade music video by some dude, off of which the anime will purportedly be based.
Spoiler for youtubemoar:

-If you have any more questions about the story, let's discuss.
I've seen the original video and the fan made one myself a long time ago.

The original video and the fan made one have completely different contents.

In the original video, there isn't much to see because its focused only on BRS herself. Ever since the human forms of BRS and DM were revealed quite a long time ago, I have been having thoughts that Mato is the one singing to BRS.

The fan made one is an interesting take since we get to see BRS having allies (who happen to be Huke's other characters, but are not related to the BRS universe) aiding in her cause in an action-oriented take. It's end revealed the DM died, but I think they'll change that in the OVA because if that were the case, the end could be predicted (I might be wrong).

Yes, I would love to discuss about the story despite the OVA not being out yet. Its possible to speculate on things.

I am sure that the story is a simple one to digest. It does not seem to be the type that would involve overtly complex matters (like politics, etc.). After all, many popular series' tend to have easy-to-understand stories.

I think Yomi/Dead Master is being mind-controlled. In the last part of the latest preview/trailer, there was the line 'Do you want to save her?' Or maybe the possibility that she's not mind-controlled but driven by her own motives. Then again, I could be wrong.

http://mangajet.com/2010/07/anime-bl...les-worldwide/ <-- This website says that the battle scenes are inserted in their daily lives, suggesting something that borders on the psychological.

Regarding that 'guy' (or a girl?) near the end in the pilot, he/she might be responsible for whatever is going on in the plot He might also be the one who established Mato's connection to BRS.

The biggest mystery be concerning the 'blacks'. We have BRS, BGS (Black Gold Saw), BDG (Black Devil Girl), BM (Black Matagi). It is likely that the ones not shown in the previews would not appear. But there might be a possibility of them having cameos.

About Mato's and Yomi's identical appearances to their otherworldly counterparts. Could it be coincidence? Did they transform to them? Or are they something like their 'avatars' of some sorts?

It is mentioned that Mato newly met Yomi. It is also mentioned that BRS and DM have been fighting for quite some time already. Is there also a possibility that BRS and DM had different forms prior to merging with their human counterparts?
Berzerker2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 10:17   Link #302
Raiga
tl;dr

I think I asked this before, but...

Is there any confirmation or even suggestion that the OVA will be based on Anomaro-P's PV? I know there was one place that said that, I think MAL, but anyone can put something up on MAL. I'd like a primary source.
Old 2010-07-17, 10:25   Link #303
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I think I asked this before, but...

Is there any confirmation or even suggestion that the OVA will be based on Anomaro-P's PV? I know there was one place that said that, I think MAL, but anyone can put something up on MAL. I'd like a primary source.
Tons of places are sayng that, but they all copypasta'd the line
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Anime List
The famous 3DPV by Anomaro-P gave Black★Rock Shooter a plotline and backstory, which involves her sister betraying her and turning evil and Black★Rock Shooter being forced to kill her sister to stop the destruction. This plot eventually became the inspiration for the upcoming 2010 anime.
from MAL.>_>
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 10:36   Link #304
Raiga
tl;dr

I'm just hoping that everyone doesn't take it for granted that that's going to be the storyline, considering the only source of that information is what someone wrote on MAL. Personally I think the storyline is going to be something completely new. But, we'll see.
Old 2010-07-17, 10:55   Link #305
Kudryavka

In the new trailer, the scene where BRS stands up to Dead Master in that large room and Dead Master is sitting up high, looks just like the scene in Anamaro-P's music video before the two fight.
Old 2010-07-19, 20:57   Link #306
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Spoiler for Fanart:
Old 2010-07-19, 23:08   Link #307
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Spoiler for Fanart:
I remember seeing that on DevArt. Is this yours, tonee89?
Old 2010-07-20, 10:32   Link #308
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yep it's tonee89 fanart.
Old 2010-07-20, 10:33   Link #309
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Yep it's tonee89 fanart.
But is tonee89 you?
Old 2010-07-20, 11:39   Link #310
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

In other news.

Figma Death Master Figma has a hole on her butt for levitation purposes.

Old 2010-07-20, 12:08   Link #311
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

^ I could make a joke about that right now, but I won't cause it would be in bad taste.~

The purpose of those floating skulls accompanying her intrigues me though.
Old 2010-07-21, 18:01   Link #312
Scython

Well, I guess this video confirms the appearance of Black★Gold Saw in the OVA.
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=B18OK51R
Scython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 19:20   Link #313
kyouray
2D > 3D

Disc labels are different for each magazine (from Mikitan's blog):

Also some pictures from Earlbox :

Spoiler for screenshots:
Old 2010-07-23, 15:38   Link #314
Kudryavka

For further clarification to kyouray's post, the first DVD cover comes with Hobby Japan, the second with Megami, and the one with Dead Master comes with Animedia.

Nice DVD covers, and from the last screenshot, looks like BRS isn't just a matured Kuro; they may be separate entities.
Old 2010-07-23, 17:04   Link #315
Scython

And is STR presumably Yuu's counterpart, right?
Scython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 00:41   Link #316
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scython View Post
And is STR presumably Yuu's counterpart, right?
Well, no one knows who Yuu really is, other than a smart girl who's friends with DM's counterpart. She might not even have an other.

Where's the broadcast?

http://www.blackrockshooter.jp/en/story.html
Quote:
Mato Kuroi just got into junior high school, and on the first day someone catches her eye, her classmate Yomi Takanashi. The two meet.
The innocent and naive Mato. The mature Yomi. Seeming opposites, but the time they spend together only strengthens a growing friendship.
But as they go into their second year at the school, they get placed in separate classes, and they begin to grow apart.

But somewhere simultaneously...
In another world, a young girl, blue fire residing in her eyes, Black Rock Shooter faces another young girl, this one holding a jet-black scythe, Dead Master, and a battle to the death begins to unfold.

That's really good English on the official Eng Black Rock Shooter website. Maybe they got Danny Choo to help them or something.
Old 2010-07-24, 00:49   Link #317
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

I assume the podcast isn't watchable outside of Japan...
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 00:55   Link #318
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
I assume the podcast isn't watchable outside of Japan...
They're bending over backwards to make this accessible to English speaking audiences. I'd be surprised if the stream were Japan only, and even then I'd think it was too expensive to stream worldwide, not because they don't want us to see it. They even have an English site, with really good English for people who've probably lived in Japan all their lives.
Old 2010-07-24, 01:14   Link #319
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Hm, it's starting to sound like this alternate world has a connection to the human psyche or something.

It seems kinda strange for two friends' who are only growing steadily and unwillingly apart for their alternate selves (or whatever you want to call them) to be fighting to the death.

Anyway, it's cool they're willing to make the stream accessible to English audiences too. Makes things a lot easier.

Is there a set schedule for when each OVA will release? I know there will be 7 of them.
Old 2010-07-24, 01:20   Link #320
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Hm, it's starting to sound like this alternate world has a connection to the human psyche or something.

It seems kinda strange for two friends' who are only growing steadily and unwillingly apart for their alternate selves (or whatever you want to call them) to be fighting to the death.

Anyway, it's cool they're willing to make the stream accessible to English audiences too. Makes things a lot easier.

Is there a set schedule for when each OVA will release? I know there will be 7 of them.
There's going to be seven?

Source please.