AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-23, 16:13   Link #61
Nemokrad

new guy on the forums, read a lot in the past though, just never felt like replying, until now hehe

Quote:
I just want to know where Sasuke is getting his power from. Curse Seal? Sharingan? He's supposed to be almost compeltely drained by now.
I think many peeps just misunderstand the curse seal, or some mistranslations happened. the curse seal GIVES power not drains it. if you look at it it cant possibly drain more chakra when used properly. i think it just enhances the current chakra available and acts like an act of desperation when the user runs out of chakra (like in the fight with gaara). thats also how he can complete his third chidori this time. that or he has just trained enough to have increased his chakra capacity.

Quote:
It looks like the two attacks have just hit in the last two pages.
depends on what perspective, if it's a two-page view it would probably be in the reversed order so it would be one bigass cool page, however, it's not. also you cant see whats in the middle, so it could very well be kakashi getting his ass pwned in the middle.

Quote:
The whole problem about Super Chidori and Super Rasengan sort of bothers me though. Chidori is supposed to be Kakashi's crowning technique, while Rasengan is one of THE hardest Jutsus to learn. Now both Naruto and Sasuke have upgraded versions of it???
Because both of them are using more or less forbidden ways to enhance them I don't make a big deal out of it, sasuke mastered his chidori already in his current state and it just looks prettier cause of his cursed seal chakra, naruto's power is enhanced by kyuubi so i dont think thats a big surprise either.

Quote:
With the Chidori it's partially forgivable, but the Rasengan requires control to go along with the power. Even with all the Kyuubi power Naruto wants, he shouldn't have been able to use it with one hand.
I really really disagree with that. if you look clearly at previous chapters, naruto seems to be in perfect control of his own body, just not of the kyuubi chakra. now if you look closely you see that the "passive" kyuubi chakra is also engulfed around the rasengan ball, the same chakra that's also around the rest of his body, so it could very well be the kyuubi creating the rasengan ball instead of naruto. i mean, its a PERFECT rasengan, even way more compressed than jiraiya's, i honestly dont think naruto would ever be able to create a rasengan like that, with just one hand, instead of three.

Anyway, just my comments on the commentary of this chapter. I kinda liked the whole wings stuff, however, this arc is getting a little bit predictable and stretched out. let's just hope something unexpected happens, kakashi dying would be a nice twist, yet sad. or mebbe he brought sakura with him and throws her in the middle, to pay her back for the time he had to take naruto and sasuke away from eachother because the whiny b was standing in the middle
Nemokrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 16:21   Link #62
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
I just thought I'd bring up my old theory again... Kakashi is gonna die! Haha, oh come on, he wasn't in this chapter so he's been doing some running, he's so going to get between both techniques!
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 16:22   Link #63
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Hmm, I'd really like to see the rasengan win... but that chidori isn't even really a chidori. I don't even really see a center of mass to it. It's just a collection of black lightning bolts. I wonder if it's the same thing at all. So, we have less of a clue how it operates.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 16:28   Link #64
Satoru

Itachi Itachi Itachi Itachi Itachi Itachi Itachi Itachi Itachi Itachi Itachi Itachi

Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 16:29   Link #65
Nemokrad

mebbe he'll like block it with his arms and loses two hands

and then naruto and sasuke are gonna argue who cut off most of his hand to see who was stronger
Nemokrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 16:48   Link #66
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Hmm, so since it's obvious that the clash between the uber chidori and rasengan is already happening, we have to speculate on what Kakashi's ultimate function is going to be.

I doubt that after this clash there will be much more fighting. Either Naruto wins, Sasuke wins, or it's a draw where both are out of it. It would be ridiculous for Kishimoto to make us go through the aftermath all over again, so we have to trust he won't.

So, that means that Kakashi's purpose could be to clean up and bring back the two young 'uns. His function would likely be this in the case of a draw.

If Sasuke won, his purpose would be to slap Sasuke around, then bring the two of them back.

If Naruto won, then Kakashi's only possible purpose would be to either stop Naruto (which he'd only do in the case that the kyuubi is taking over which seems unlikely given this recent chapter) or to stop another ninja from stealing away either Sasuke or Naruto. Kakashi could never stop the only ninjas who'd want to take away Naruto (Itachi and Kisame) but he could stop the ninja who'd have come to retrieve Sasuke, Kabuto.

However, I think that probably most of the fans are ready for a conclusion to this arc, so it's doubtful we'll see much more fighting--and if Kabuto did come to take away Sasuke, I doubt Kakashi would just let him without a fight. Kakashi isn't one to abandon his comrades, after all.

Hmm, so to predict how this is going to turn out in terms of what-I-think-Kishimoto's-gonna-do...

Even though it's kinda cheesy, following the somewhat predictable mold so far, and the build-up of the mangekyou stuff, I bet the two are going to blow up, and Sasuke will be somewhat protected, but Naruto not. And I bet Sasuke's going to think he's killed Naruto, and thus gain the Mangekyou. However, he's going to gain it almost immediately after he sees Naruto on the ground all messed up. Therefore, he's not going to check Naruto to see if he's actually dead, because he thinks he must already be. Yadad yada yada, then Kakashi will show up and take Naruto bruised, bloodied, and beaten back home.

Eh, that's what I think is gonna happen, although I do want the rasengan to win since that's what makes sense to me. Bleh.
Old 2004-09-23, 16:48   Link #67
TotalSpaz

this chapter rocked!! although everything was pretty much expected, it was so intense!!! yeeeeeee, now cant wait for the next chapter!!! how many people say kakashi's gonna die eventually??
TotalSpaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 16:50   Link #68
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

There's almost no way Sasuke could beat Kakashi now. He has practically no chakra left. The only way Kakashi could die by his hands is by some really flukey thing, which would be just dumb, and not a fitting death for such a popular character.
Old 2004-09-23, 17:06   Link #69
Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemokrad
I think many peeps just misunderstand the curse seal, or some mistranslations happened. the curse seal GIVES power not drains it. if you look at it it cant possibly drain more chakra when used properly. i think it just enhances the current chakra available and acts like an act of desperation when the user runs out of chakra (like in the fight with gaara). thats also how he can complete his third chidori this time. that or he has just trained enough to have increased his chakra capacity.
Kakashi stated that the Curse Seal only draws out power at a faster rate. It essencially enables you to use everything you have, at the expense of tiring you out more quickly (as said by the Sound Four) Sasuke's third Chidori was a result of the seal draeing forth every sinble bit of energy he had. As a consequence, he could barely move after that.
Quote:
depends on what perspective, if it's a two-page view it would probably be in the reversed order so it would be one bigass cool page, however, it's not. also you cant see whats in the middle, so it could very well be kakashi getting his ass pwned in the middle.
Uh, in Japanese manga, it's read from right to left, so it is indeed a two page splash, with nothing in the middle.
Quote:
Because both of them are using more or less forbidden ways to enhance them I don't make a big deal out of it, sasuke mastered his chidori already in his current state and it just looks prettier cause of his cursed seal chakra, naruto's power is enhanced by kyuubi so i dont think thats a big surprise either.
This still entails both of them to be putting out more power than elite Jounins, possibly even a Sennin.
Quote:
I really really disagree with that. if you look clearly at previous chapters, naruto seems to be in perfect control of his own body, just not of the kyuubi chakra. now if you look closely you see that the "passive" kyuubi chakra is also engulfed around the rasengan ball, the same chakra that's also around the rest of his body, so it could very well be the kyuubi creating the rasengan ball instead of naruto. i mean, its a PERFECT rasengan, even way more compressed than jiraiya's, i honestly dont think naruto would ever be able to create a rasengan like that, with just one hand, instead of three.
Naruto is obviously taking the Kyuubi's Chakara, that we all know. We also know that Naruto is in control of his own actions (he can think clearly, speak, and remember.) How do you get the fact that Kyuubi is the one making the Rasengan. Kyuubi probably never did a Rasengan in it's life.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 17:07   Link #70
Zek
Eyebrows...

This is going to be each of their last atacks. Sasuke can't stay in the CL2 for long, and something's up with Naruto's hand(either his body can't handle Kyuubi's chakra much longer, or he broke it against Sasuke's wing?) It looks like we're finally going to have a conclusion, in another week...
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 17:09   Link #71
realdeal
The Real Deal

kakashi doesnt have to run into the middle to stop the clash, he could just use a jutsu. Those water waves, 2 of them for each one will do fine.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 17:19   Link #72
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

If you look closely at the last page, right in the blast where Sasuke's hand is, you can see one of Naruto's claws, thus verifying the fact that Kakashi did not jump in the middle of a chakra sandwich. Who knows though, we might get thrown a curveball when we're expecting a fastball.

I did enjoy Sasuke's change though. I seriously wasn't expecting a gigantic wing-hand to pop out of nowhere. For a second, I thought it was a frog foot that busted out of him. And the Rasengan reminded me of Freeza's death ball. I'd lose my mind if Naruto threw the Rasengan!

Itachi looked really creepy in that one page... MANGEKYO!!!

edit: I was just looking at the RAW again and it looks like the chakra is dissapating around his left hand. I wonder if it's due to an injury attacking Sasuke's frog foot wing or his body is incapable of holding it.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 17:26   Link #73
Zek
Eyebrows...

I'm really hoping that Kishimoto has gotten the DBZ-ultra-power stuff out of his system with this arc. Now that he's more or less explored the full potential of the Naruto and Sasuke's ridiculous hidden powers, I can only hope for the sake of the series that he goes easy on it in future arcs. Maybe something will happen that convinces Naruto that relying so much on Kyuubi is a mistake, and he starts to refuse its power?

Anyway, does anyone know why this chapter was released early again? Is this going to be a regular thing?
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 17:29   Link #74
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

My god...our posts in the 231 thread about the exagaration of powers have barely cooled down and then comes this.

I must admit..it looks super cool, but it's so...un-naruto..
The idea behind the rasengan is all gone, it's just a big energy sphere now, and the chidori has black flashes...chakra is blue remember?

These effects are ONLY EYECANDY and that's what bothers me...

ok chap nontheless..
Old 2004-09-23, 17:29   Link #75
joewright91
Survivor of the Uchiha

hey, ive looked on a few sites, where did everybody read the raw ??

Edit: wait found one
joewright91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 17:36   Link #76
Tempest
First Class Baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
Itachi looked really creepy in that one page... MANGEKYO!!!
Yeah that was pretty freaky. I wonder when he was owning the Uchiha clan if he went door to door, and when people looked through the peephole, that's what they saw. What an easy way to make direct eye contact eh?
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 17:39   Link #77
Rurouni Zeke

I'm actually kinda mad at this chapter. This fight should be over by now. Why is it that curse seal level two is on par with Kyuubi incarnate? Anyway, I'd like to see this fight end soon so we can see what Kakashi will do and we can see what happened to the other genins. I still don't believe that Kakashi will die. Naruto and Sasuke are genins, he is a jounin. If raw power seems like a problem, we already know that he can open at least one of the gates as well (unless that's something that only happened in the anime; I'm too lazy to check the manga) . I'll be pretty pissed if he dies.
Rurouni Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 17:48   Link #78
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

ROTFLMAO oh man, I thought I have seen everything. This chapter is hilarious. OMG, like, OMG, Sasuke grew wings. I mean, the guy ACTUALLY grew wings. I mean, if Naruto has a chakra tail, then I guess the answer to that is a set of wings huh. Oh man, this is evolved into a totally different manga man, on the real. There aint nothing ninja about this. Neo-Sasuke and Naruto Alpha, two animals going at it. Someone said a long time ago that if Kakashi happens to show up, he won't even recognize them and probably ask them for directions on where to find two little boys. Man oh man, Sasuke can fly LMAO SASUKE CAN FLY S-A-S-U-K-E C-A-N- F-L-Y!!!!!! WHEEEEEE!
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 18:08   Link #79
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Seriously, how can Orochimarus cursed seal placed on a genin compare with Kyuubis chakra at all, I don't see where Kishimoto is going... A seal caused by a "human" can draw as much power as the strongest Demon around.
And 2nd of all, does suddenly Sasuke also have unlimited with chakra ? How much "hidden" chakra does that boy have ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi
"Kyuubi ex machina" also works.

OR "The reason Naruto's control was bad was because his chakara was mixing with Kyuubi chakara, a problem he no longer has since he's using ALL Kyuubi chakara." if one prefers a "logical" reason.
I doubt he is using all of Kyuubis chakra, his body can't handle that amount yet. And he only got one tail... I'm sure it is almost like Flame of Recca where Recca gets 1 flame dragon at the time for the stronger he becomes.
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 18:11   Link #80
Urashima-Sempai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama
ROTFLMAO oh man, I thought I have seen everything. This chapter is hilarious. OMG, like, OMG, Sasuke grew wings. I mean, the guy ACTUALLY grew wings. I mean, if Naruto has a chakra tail, then I guess the answer to that is a set of wings huh. Oh man, this is evolved into a totally different manga man, on the real. There aint nothing ninja about this. Neo-Sasuke and Naruto Alpha, two animals going at it. Someone said a long time ago that if Kakashi happens to show up, he won't even recognize them and probably ask them for directions on where to find two little boys. Man oh man, Sasuke can fly LMAO SASUKE CAN FLY S-A-S-U-K-E C-A-N- F-L-Y!!!!!! WHEEEEEE!

You. Are.

Awesome XD

I totally agree, I find it utterly stupid that he grew wings, and if I were Kakashi, I wouldn't have even made a connection between Sasuke and "Neo-Sasuke"
Urashima-Sempai is offline   Reply With Quote