AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-27, 01:25   Link #1
xyrrus

Meet the parents!

Just an interesting thought since it seems like more than half of Konoha's most important characters seem to be parentless, who's parents are you most curious about? For example all the jounins like Kakashi, Asuma, Kurenai... they're like only in their 20's yet they *seem* to lack living parents. I'm curious to know how far down the family tree do ninjas exist in their families. My choice is Kakashi, I wonder if his parents were ninjas, if they were any good, did they die for a cause, were they responsible for Kakashi's decision to join the academy? I didn't pick Naruto because there are many theories already discussed with him, so much to the point of exhaustion.

People I think are parentless (whom we know nothing of):
Pretty much all the Jounins & Chuunins
Jiraya
Orochimaru(My 2nd choice, could his becoming evil be contributed to child abuse?)
Naruto
The 4th
Kabuto(Biological)
Rock Lee
Konohamaru & Sarutobi(Big hole in this story, supposedly grand father and granson yet we have no idea who's the 3rds wife was and who his son or daughter is that gave birth to Konohamaru)

Feel free to plug in anything I'm missing... I purposely left out people Like Neji and Sasuke cuz although they're parentless, we know their stories.
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 01:36   Link #2
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
if kishimoto were to introduce all of the parents, we would die of brain hemmorage.

i like it better not knowing.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 01:37   Link #3
rukus

Quote:
My choice is Kakashi, I wonder if his parents were ninjas, if they were any good, did they die for a cause, were they responsible for Kakashi's decision to join the academy?
Yeah I wonder about this as well, looking at his lazyness - seeing him join up an organization driven mostly by hard work doesn't seem to be up his preverbial alley. So some outside source of motivation has to of taken place somewhere down the road. O_o
rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 01:48   Link #4
Yakushi-san

I think it's great when new, skilled people are introduced. And it would be great to see the parents of the skilled Genin we have seen so far.

I'd like to see Shino's father in a fight. How he utilizes his bugs. Must be better than Shino.

And I wonder if Sakura's father is as good as Ino's (btw, what was Ino's father's name? I keep forgetting).

And Tsunade's parents? One of them were the child of Shodaime, which would make for a child with natural abilities in many aspects of fighting.

The same goes for Jiraiya's and Orochimaru's parents, although most of the praise should go to Sandaime for training them all so well.

It was fun seeing Kiba's mother and her dog, Kuromaru, sped up, but seeing their battle would have been great.
Kiba had some very good tricks up his and Akamaru's sleeves, so Kiba's mother should have even crazier moves.
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 01:54   Link #5
Tempest
First Class Baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushi-san
And I wonder if Sakura's father is as good as Ino's (btw, what was Ino's father's name? I keep forgetting).
I think Sakura may be the first ninja in her family. We only ever get to hear her mom's voice and her father is never mentioned. Oh and Ino's father is Inoshi I believe.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 01:59   Link #6
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest
Oh and Ino's father is Inoshi I believe.
Oh, it was Inoshin. Thanks
Old 2004-09-27, 02:23   Link #7
dopeguy

it is kinda odd to see rock lee limping around and having only gai to turn to.
dopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 02:32   Link #8
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeguy
it is kinda odd to see rock lee limping around and having only gai to turn to.
Good point. Leads us to believe he has no parents.

But then again, it's not always we see him either, so he might be with his parents when we're watching someone else.
Old 2004-09-27, 07:42   Link #9
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
I don't think Oro needed bad parents in order to turn evil. You have to remember, he is a ninja... and was going around killing people probably before 10 years old.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 08:07   Link #10
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I supose a lot of them died during the war, and the tragedy that was Kyubi.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 19:28   Link #11
xyrrus

What I find most odd is the correlation between good ninjas and parents. It seems that in order for a any ninja to be good, they'd have to lack parents. Lets look at the list of people who don't *seem* to have parents:

Naruto
Sasuke & Itachi
Neji
Rock Lee
Kakashi
Gai
The other jounins?
The Sannins
Gaara and co.

If Konoha is ever in a bind, they'd do well to kill some of the parents of the gennins. I nominate Sakura's parents to be the first to go.
Old 2004-09-27, 19:37   Link #12
Mezu
The Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrrus
What I find most odd is the correlation between good ninjas and parents. It seems that in order for a any ninja to be good, they'd have to lack parents. Lets look at the list of people who don't *seem* to have parents:

Naruto
Sasuke & Itachi
Neji
Rock Lee
Kakashi
Gai
The other jounins?
The Sannins
Gaara and co.

If Konoha is ever in a bind, they'd do well to kill some of the parents of the gennins. I nominate Sakura's parents to be the first to go.
Gaara and co. did have parents... the Kage of the sand was their father.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 19:40   Link #13
xyrrus

well is he alive?
Old 2004-09-27, 19:42   Link #14
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
Gaara and co. did have parents... the Kage of the sand was their father.
Yes, Kazekage.

But I think it's wrong to assume that people don't have parents just because we don't get to see them.

And Xyrrus, drop Neji off your list. You should know that he has parents. At least a father.
Old 2004-09-27, 19:43   Link #15
Yakushi-san

Quote:
well is he alive?
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-27, 19:44   Link #16
xyrrus

I'm talking about people without living parents as of current state of things.
Old 2004-09-27, 19:49   Link #17
Yakushi-san

Quote:
Oh, sorry. I mixed up Hiashi and Hizashi.
My bad
Old 2004-09-27, 22:37   Link #18
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
That argument is pointless if you include strong people whose parents either recently died or died after they had become strong. This would include people like Jiraiya, Tsunade, Kakashi, Gai (his parents may still be alive,) and Itachi. Sasuke is sort of a halfie.

Neji has a mother, most likely. Rock Lee certainly has parents of some form. Gai probably. Kakashi probably not anymore. Gaara and co. just lost their father. The sannin are old, but at least some of their parents may still be alive, we don't know. The other jounins? lol we don't know anything about them. We shouldn't assume they have no parents, or even seem as if they don't have parents. They also 'seem' to never go to the bathroom, except for Naruto, but we can assume they do just the same.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 23:56   Link #19
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
Just an interesting thought since it seems like more than half of Konoha's most important characters seem to be parentless, who's parents are you most curious about? For example all the jounins like Kakashi, Asuma, Kurenai... they're like only in their 20's yet they *seem* to lack living parents. I'm curious to know how far down the family tree do ninjas exist in their families. My choice is Kakashi, I wonder if his parents were ninjas, if they were any good, did they die for a cause, were they responsible for Kakashi's decision to join the academy? I didn't pick Naruto because there are many theories already discussed with him, so much to the point of exhaustion.

People I think are parentless (whom we know nothing of):
Pretty much all the Jounins & Chuunins
Jiraya
Orochimaru(My 2nd choice, could his becoming evil be contributed to child abuse?)
Naruto
The 4th
Kabuto(Biological)
Rock Lee
Konohamaru & Sarutobi(Big hole in this story, supposedly grand father and granson yet we have no idea who's the 3rds wife was and who his son or daughter is that gave birth to Konohamaru)

Feel free to plug in anything I'm missing... I purposely left out people Like Neji and Sasuke cuz although they're parentless, we know their stories.
We do not know Shodaime or Nidaime's parents.. nor Godaime... nor Zabuza... haku... demon brothers... Kyuubi... Shukuka (forget how to spell the sand preist)... gamabunta... big slug summon... manda... Kisame.. Obito...The list goes on and on
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 00:22   Link #20
r1cE

Quote:

Naruto
Sasuke & Itachi
Neji
Rock Lee
Kakashi
Gai
The other jounins?
The Sannins
Gaara and co.

Sasuke and Itachi has parents, Itachi killed them both
r1cE is offline   Reply With Quote