AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-15, 23:41   Link #21
cerrian

Noriko and her "Onee-sama" from Gunbuster made me tear up in the end. I swear, Gunbuster must has THE greatest ending I've seen in all of anime. To watch Noriko grow up, protect the people she loves, and...and...oh god, my eyes are watering now. What a beautiful and heart breaking end.

edit - don't you dare make the mistake of watching Gunbuster 2 (aka Diebuster) before you watch the first Gunbuster. You're going to feel seriously robbed if you do.
Old 2010-09-16, 18:32   Link #22
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
Did basilisk fill your need because if you liked that some I think i might know some more that you will like.. But first I need to know if you enjoyed it..

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-09-18, 10:55   Link #23
Tomislav

I'm back with some feedback... thank you all very much again for your nice help!

First, I'm currently watching

Quote:
Basilisk
with full satisfaction. It's hard to get the episodes, as it hasn't been released in my country yet, but I'm really enjoying it these days and I have so far no complains at all about it. I agreed with the definition of expansive for the first episode animation... it was kind of theatre-like quality, after all. Good for me

Then, of course I've watched

Quote:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
I consider it one of the milestones of my anime portfolio. I loved it and still love Eva, I sometimes go back to my DVDs... I watched it several times. I'd love to start a discussion about its ending(s) but perheaps this is not the right place for that

Then, I've watched

Quote:
Escaflowne
a few years ago, it was broadcasted (and dubbed -_-) by Mtv Italy. I liked it don't think it's worth watching twice.

I've watched a few

Quote:
CLAMP
shows in the past, like Magic Knight Ray-something or some Card Captor Sakura, but either I've picked the wrong shows, or my tastes don't match their work... too bad of me.

I might like

Quote:
Angel Beats
from what I read on ANN, so I will definitely try it, though the animation looks not particularily sparkling as far as I've seen on Youtube

Concerning

Quote:
Gunbuster
apart from the second serie, are you suggesting the Nineties' show or the more recent OAV?
Old 2010-09-18, 11:14   Link #24
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post

Concerning

apart from the second serie, are you suggesting the Nineties' show or the more recent OAV?
This is the 1st OAV: Gunbuster (Top O Nerae!)
This is the 2nd OAV: Gunbuster 2 (Top O Nerae!2 or sometimes seen as Diebuster)

Start with the 1st OAV before moving on to the 2nd.
Old 2010-09-18, 13:43   Link #25
Jaden

Fate/Stay night actually fulfills these conditions well, except maybe the rewatching part. If anything, the anime will make you want to get the visual novel, so maybe go straight there.... XD
Old 2010-09-18, 17:22   Link #26
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, at the risk of being predictable, I'm going to suggest Seirei no Moribito. It's not as action-packed as some of the series you mention, but it has a lot of what you ask for. Definite notable aura, moving characters (incredibly so), tremendous soundtrack, some magic and great fight scenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelis View Post
I second Seirei no Moribito. The characters and music are definitely memorable.
Thirded!

Very moving story, top-notch soundtrack and character development, gorgeous fighting choreography. This is the most underated anime ever. A. Must. Watch.
Old 2010-09-30, 03:22   Link #27
kyonyun
Evil Overlordy Thing

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003 series) has the better soundtrack in my opinion but Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood has a better plot and ending and nearly fits in with all of the points you meantioned you wanted
Closed Thread