AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-13, 11:00   Link #5421
enxel
>_<

Great results for Nagi, and good enough results for Koromo, goodbye cute mahjong demon, see you again some day?

<<中野梓@けいおん!!>> (Nakano Azusa @ K-ON!!)

Today's battle is decisive, best case scenario: Nodoka loses, and I'll be happy with whoever wins the tournament. Worst case scenario: Azu-nyan loses, and I'll have to give all my trust to Nagi. I don't want to think about the even worst case scenario.

~Fuwa Fuwa Time~
Old 2010-10-13, 11:00   Link #5422
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Everyone hates a repeat winner, but they still keep voting for the KugiRie clones. Go Go Azu-nyan
This statement made me lirl.
Old 2010-10-13, 11:15   Link #5423
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit-Tsukasa View Post

BELIEVE AZUNYAN BELIEVE! There really isn't much revenge any more if you ask me. Foreigners really only know Saki more than K-ON! where K-ON! is often thought as yet another moeblob show by the masses. Not to mention that Saki is really "meh" for foreigners as well. All in all, there isn't any revenge to really act on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Y codes (most of foreign votes)
Azusa 240
Mikoto 101
At least I know how Mikoto lost. Not against Azusa winning, but I will support Nagi if she does make it to the finals.
Old 2010-10-13, 11:19   Link #5424
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Also do note that Y codes went poof after Round 3, and D codes showed up out of nowhere, Nagi got 220 (287-67) of her advantage from there, which is pretty ridiculous.

Never forget
Old 2010-10-13, 11:40   Link #5425
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

Go, Azu-nyan~!
Old 2010-10-13, 11:43   Link #5426
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Reverse Trolling

Azu-nyan will win
Old 2010-10-13, 11:44   Link #5427
hinakatbklyn

161-104. Quick start for Azusa. Let's see if she can keep this up.
Old 2010-10-13, 11:45   Link #5428
Kit-Tsukasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
161-104. Quick start for Azusa. Let's see if she can keep this up.
gap is too small. Azusa needs to break 1300 now that Nagi has broken 1200

Saimoe 2011 (as of end of First Prelims): Waiting for main tournament bracket draw.
Old 2010-10-13, 11:51   Link #5429
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Gah... An irritating obstacle still remains... I now have to wait for either Nodoka or Azunyan to save the tournament.
Old 2010-10-13, 11:53   Link #5430
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Clicks:

Want to win: Nodoka
Predict: Azu-nyan
Old 2010-10-13, 11:58   Link #5431
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Clicks:

Want to win: Nodoka
Predict: Azu-nyan
Are you serious????
Nodoka, of all the people?????
Old 2010-10-13, 12:02   Link #5432
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
Are you serious????
People have different moe so it is normal. If u go to 2ch, people will ask you why you vote Azusa ????

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2010-10-13, 12:05   Link #5433
Kit-Tsukasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
Are you serious????
There are those who believe that only Nodoka can take out Nagi as she has already done it once. Others are just hoping for a troll end at this point. And then there are those who are out for revenge from Taiga last year, who took out Nodoka in this exact same spot.

Saimoe 2011 (as of end of First Prelims): Waiting for main tournament bracket draw.
Old 2010-10-13, 12:12   Link #5434
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit-Tsukasa View Post
BELIEVE AZUNYAN BELIEVE! There really isn't much revenge any more if you ask me. Foreigners really only know Saki more than K-ON! where K-ON! is often thought as yet another moeblob show by the masses. Not to mention that Saki is really "meh" for foreigners as well. All in all, there isn't any revenge to really act on.
and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
People have different moe so it is normal. If u go to 2ch, people will ask you why you vote Azusa ????
Um.... wut?

Spoiler for Sigh, nano desu~:

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2010-10-13, 12:24   Link #5435
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Oh well, no need to discuss anything........
The term "You moe is not my moe" comes to mind.......
Old 2010-10-13, 12:44   Link #5436
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
I agree with your assessment that Nadeko Sengoku was used for assassination against Yui Hirasawa judging by the fluctuations in her performance, but I think you're applying a double standard when it comes to Aoi's win against Kanade, as she was unable to maintain the 700+ votes that led her to win block E's finals again in her quarter final match against Azusa.

In my opinion, Kanade was also a victim of assassination by anti-voters using Aoi Yamada just like how they used Nadeko, since Aoi failed to deliver in her quarter finals match and her numbers actually fell instead of rising like the other quarterfinalists did, indicating that those 748 votes couldn't have been populated by her core supporters alone. On the other hand, Kanade's consistency likely indicated she had 600+ core supporters without help from the swinging anti-voters, and that there was no reason anybody would use Kanade to vote for revenge against either Yuki or Index.

Don't tell me just 670 votes weren't enough to win a block final match, just look at Koromo, she didn't even have to break 600 to win her block's finals and look at where she is now. Instead of Kanade, I think it was Yamada who was overestimated following her win, as when push came to shove against Azusa, she was at the end of her ropes. It's just as possible that Kanade might have had more supporters had she survived, like the boost Koromo got in the quarter finals, but we'll never know because she's already out.
About Yamada:
My remarks weren't really about her but OK. Yamada was used as an assassination tool, and she was overestimated in her match against Azusa. I was hoping she was the real deal, but Azusa proved she wasn't. She's probably about the same strength as Kanade, maybe weaker. In either case, neither of them could challenge Nagi, I believe, so I'm not applying a "double standard".

About Koromo:
Koromo may have had relatively few votes, but that's because she had no one worthy to vote against, so the match as a whole had a low turnout. During the block finals Koromo had the second highest margin of victory in terms of votes and BY FAR the highest margin of victory in terms of vote percentage. Her vote count was low because the outcome was already decided.

About Kanade:
A completely different situation from Koromo. Everyone knew that Yamada was at least strong enough to give Kanade trouble, not to mention that the tracker had the two of them neck and neck for the whole match. Yet, in a fight for Kanade's life she only got 670 votes. That was lower than any winner of a competitive block final, not to mention lower than the runner ups in 4 of the other 7 block finals. Assassinations don't lower the target's vote counts, they raise their opponent's. Whether Yamada's count was due to her own strength or not isn't my point. The point is that in a situation were Kanade needed to muster all the support she could, she only got 670 votes. That's not even close to enough to beat Nagi this year.
Old 2010-10-13, 12:54   Link #5437
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or if each was used as an assassin. Kanade for Yuki and Yamada for Kanade.
Old 2010-10-13, 12:58   Link #5438
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Eh Score 0-1 (the Yui revenge motivation clouding the crystal ball :\)

About Kanade, the problem with assassination is that it has to take place early where there are less people interested and hence lower voter turn out and correspondinly less difficulty in swinging a vote (ie a small absolute number can effect a larger variance if the base amount is small)

In the late rounds, people will squirrel out of hiding and vote. For a non hardcore fan, they will just base it off what they remember and/or like about the show/character. This means that Kanade would have her hardcore voters of 600+ and whatever antivoters of her opponent + sympathetic character/show voters, making her dangerous, much like Nagi. Better to get rid of her early on.

Unfortunately sympathetic voters are a apathetic bunch. If they see a large difference, they are less motivated to vote since the thinking is that 1 vote doesn't matter when the difference is over 100. I suspect some of the early vote rushes are to discourage the non hardcore fans and the less emotional anti-voters. This can backfire if there is no communication among the character's fans as they would think they are winning easily and hence no need to vote, leading to a final reversal <-funny stuff too
Old 2010-10-13, 13:25   Link #5439
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Ok, archived my text dumps on the KugiRie Lolis in that link in my sig. Waiting for my code so I can do my part to... well at this point both sides can be targetted for trolling I guess.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-10-13, 13:27   Link #5440
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
1st, 260 votes, Azu-nyan
2nd, 170 votes, Nodocchi

Tags
2010, saimoe