4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-13, 15:14   Link #761
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
I may the only one hoping for such an ending. A lot of people here want to see Madoka and Homura exploit some loophole in the contract. Or devise some ingenious way to cheat Kyubey's system.
Most of the stories that features a pact with the Devil and have a good ending have done that by having the protagonist exploiting a loophole in the contract. My point is that I am fine with such an ending if any of the girls manages that, however it is again up to the execution.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 16:18   Link #762
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I decided to re-watch it all again. If you don't have time to do so, make sure you watch the first one while number ten is fresh. The flow is astounding.
Old 2011-03-13, 16:52   Link #763
justavisitor

Wow, I really really like episode 10

Homura's determination to save madoka, regardless of her own fate (she is either trapped in this time-maze forever, going to become witches like other magical girls, or die in battle) has really touched my heart...and then the op at the end...I could really feel the emotion there

two more(??) episodes to go and what a great series
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 17:17   Link #764
Cream

I can't see how this works out in the end.
If it even does, wow im actually scared of whats the end episode gonna be like .
10/10.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 17:24   Link #765
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Wow, I really really like episode 10

Homura's determination to save madoka, regardless of her own fate (she is either trapped in this time-maze forever, going to become witches like other magical girls, or die in battle) has really touched my heart...and then the op at the end...I could really feel the emotion there
What I love is how the OP is Homura, through and through.

Quote:
two more(??) episodes to go and what a great series
Two more to go... it's going to be epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
I can't see how this works out in the end.
If it even does, wow im actually scared of whats the end episode gonna be like .
10/10.
There's going to be a lot of shock and awe.
Old 2011-03-13, 18:19   Link #766
Witch of Uncertainty

Read this theory somewhere. (My friend linked it).

1. Homura the witch traveled back in time and caused Madoka's death
2. Homura becomes a magical girl who can control time to save Madoka
3. Eventually, Homura collects too much Grief and turns into a witch
4. Step 1

Plausible and depressing. :/
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 18:33   Link #767
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I say Madoka's wish is going to be the key.

And I wonder if time will ever get tired of this back and forth thing after a while.
Old 2011-03-13, 18:35   Link #768
Dark Wing

if anyone did catch it yesy has released episode 10
Old 2011-03-13, 18:40   Link #769
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I say Madoka's wish is going to be the key.
Did i miss it or does it ever tell us what her wish was?
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 18:47   Link #770
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Her wish in Timeline 1 and 2 and 3 were probably cake (as suggested by mami in ep 3, since she couldn't figure out what to wish for). Remember that we saw them eating a delicious cake in Mami's department.

The wish in timline 4 was for her to protect/help Homura. In this timeline Mami oneshotted the witch and survived (compared to the other timelines).
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 18:47   Link #771
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
if anyone did catch it yesy has released episode 10
I saw and am re-watching 1-10 with their releases. Madoka's mother speech before she threw her best friend off the bridge made so much more sense in yesy's. They could typeset better, but translation is what counts.

Quote:
I don't think we were told, in any instance.
Old 2011-03-13, 20:33   Link #772
Moridin

Quote:
I decided to re-watch it all again. If you don't have time to do so, make sure you watch the first one while number ten is fresh. The flow is astounding.
There was some realy nice information in the intro to the first episode.
Some of the things i noticed was that the WN had lots of gears and cogs, like a clockwork. Clockworks has to do with time, so I think it is somehow connected to Homura, since her ability is to stop time.
Another observation that hints at this is that homura did not simply stop time and avoided things while faighting WN in episode 1, she did it like the rest of us would have had to have done. (tried phrasing that differently, but im tired and that was the best i came up with. lol at "would have had to have done"). Might the WN be her in witch form? I dont see how that is possible since her life is a closed loop currently.

Also, QB said some interesting things to Madoka, he says:

"If you give up, it will be the end of everything, ..."

This is said while homura seems to lose the fight agains WN. Is he talking about his job here being done if madoka gives up and signs a contract while disguising it as if he is talking about homuras failure in the battle?

"...but you have the capacity to change fate.".

If he was talking about her signing a contract, then he is actually telling her that her wish might be the one special wish that changes it all, that fixes the fate the magical girls are in. The next two lines makes me more certain that he is infact talking about the potential power of her wish.

"this unavoidable destruction, this sorrow..."(this taken from the yesy translation, in the gg translation they chose "grief (as in grief seed))"...you can change it all"

I thing they are actually forshadowing the entire plot here. While wathing this the first time it is obvious that he is takling about the actions that led up to this event, or simmilar events in the future. But while rewatching it now, he might be talking about magical girls turning into witches. If it is forshadowing, it all makes perfect sense, and it is a verry well made also.

Sorry for the wall of text, just had to let some ideas out.
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 21:47   Link #773
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yes, plenty of foreshadowing in this series. Very good work.

I am a little confused on one thing. Can Homura reset time at any point to when she wakes up in the end? Or only after Madoka dies/becomes a witch? As in, does she have no choice but to go through the cycle until she succeeds?
Old 2011-03-13, 22:16   Link #774
Dark Wing

Quote:

I am a little confused on one thing. Can Homura reset time at any point to when she wakes up in the end? Or only after Madoka dies/becomes a witch? As in, does she have no choice but to go through the cycle until she succeeds?
so fare they make it seem like the reset kicks in if she fails her mission but there isn't enough information to be 100% sure about that.
Old 2011-03-13, 22:22   Link #775
Bane Rieko
Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to Bane Rieko
No one has given this below 5... I am rather happy about this, since I think it is possibly the best episode so far myself.

And personally... I would have been happy if THIS was the ENDING of the entire series. I love open endings, I adore them, and this leaves so much open, so much to think about. It was beautifully thought out and intriguing, and if the rumors of a movie are true, I believe if they focused on a couple different timelines based on this episode it would prove successful.

However, the reason why I love this episode, the open ending, is what makes it so perfect to end on and so horrible to end on at the same time. People want MORE. And knowing we are getting more after this just makes me even happier with what I just watched.
Bane Rieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 22:26   Link #776
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
so fare they make it seem like the reset kicks in if she fails her mission but there isn't enough information to be 100% sure about that.
Yes, that's what I thought. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane Rieko View Post
No one has given this below 5... I am rather happy about this, since I think it is possibly the best episode so far myself.

And personally... I would have been happy if THIS was the ENDING of the entire series. I love open endings, I adore them, and this leaves so much open, so much to think about. It was beautifully thought out and intriguing, and if the rumors of a movie are true, I believe if they focused on a couple different timelines based on this episode it would prove successful.

However, the reason why I love this episode, the open ending, is what makes it so perfect to end on and so horrible to end on at the same time. People want MORE. And knowing we are getting more after this just makes me even happier with what I just watched.
I have to disagree and say this would be a bad final episode. I would not only want more, but want more of a conclusion. I like when there is stuff to debate and interpret, but there is way too much here.

What I loved about this was it didn't touch on anything that happened in the previous episodes directly. It wasn't like a flashback(forward) or anything. Reminded me of a few Battlestar Galactica episodes.
Old 2011-03-13, 22:26   Link #777
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Homura wished to redo her meeting with Madoka so that she can protect her instead of being protected by her.

Madoka dying or becoming a Witch would imply that Homura can no longer protect her, so I would assume that is when she resets, because that is the only time she resets, and her ability only normally allows her to stop time.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 22:30   Link #778
Bane Rieko
Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to Bane Rieko
Quote:
I have to disagree and say this would be a bad final episode. I would not only want more, but want more of a conclusion. I like when there is stuff to debate and interpret, but there is way too much here.

What I loved about this was it didn't touch on anything that happened in the previous episodes directly. It wasn't like a flashback(forward) or anything. Reminded me of a few Battlestar Galactica episodes.
Fair enough, I know my tastes aren't like everyone's. XD

But to be truthful, the rumor of a movie makes me WANT this to be the final one too, and the movie could be the ending. Then again, it is only a rumor, and despite personal tastes I must admit that ending on 10 would be like setting off a bottle rocket at the end of a fireworks show. We all want that big BANG, not a small bing. I just hope the final two episodes are just as amazing.

And it reminded me of BSG as well, and a flashback that ISN'T a flashback is always welcome in my books.
Bane Rieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 22:32   Link #779
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane Rieko View Post
Fair enough, I know my tastes aren't like everyone's. XD

But to be truthful, the rumor of a movie makes me WANT this to be the final one too, and the movie could be the ending. Then again, it is only a rumor, and despite personal tastes I must admit that ending on 10 would be like setting off a bottle rocket at the end of a fireworks show. We all want that big BANG, not a small bing. I just hope the final two episodes are just as amazing.

And it reminded me of BSG as well, and a flashback that ISN'T a flashback is always welcome in my books.
What? A movie? Is there a source for this?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 22:33   Link #780
kamyu

it seems to me that she has to choose to reset time.

T1: resets when she makes her wish/contract
T2: resets after madoka becomes a witch
T3: homura wants to give up. to turn into a witch with madoka and destroy the world. madoka asks her to try again. resets after killing madoka.
T4: madoka becomes a witch. homura sticks around for a chat with kyubie before resetting.

T3 suggests that she can decide to give up and stick with the current bad end while T4 shows that she can stick around for a while after failing before doing a reset.

Tags
madoka magica, time travel