AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-06, 04:24   Link #3561
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I never stated such, I said it was what I gathered from the translated interview. Don't put words in my mouth, please.
Fine. Then your "theory" is just that: a theory. One of many. Please don't get all emotional when your "theory" is questioned because that's how theories get proven true or false.
Old 2011-12-06, 06:53   Link #3562
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Fine. Then your "theory" is just that: a theory. One of many. Please don't get all emotional when your "theory" is questioned because that's how theories get proven true or false.
That wasn't it at all.

It was the simple fact that one of the members here stated "Ranka lost and now you wanna say Frontier isn't canon at all" to me. They put words into my mouth and rolled with it. I merely defended the fact that the way Kawamori talked in the interview gave me the impression (or theory) that there are two universes to Macross and Frontier was on the non-canon side along with Zero. That was it.

But where people keep coming up with the fact I want to prove Frontier isn't canon to justify AruRan is a pathetic thing to say. All we want is to prove canon, right? So all I was doing is stating my theory.

Explain to me what's wrong with that, CrowKenobi? Why is it that people feel the need to argue with a simple theory or opinion so much that they even insult or put words into people's mouths?
Old 2011-12-06, 07:06   Link #3563
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

There is no spoon. I mean, canon. Erm... What was I saying again? I forget.

Old 2011-12-06, 10:01   Link #3564
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
The fact of the matter is that no one has watched all the Macross' in a row like I have: one right after the other, to see the repetitiveness.
Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE about that...?
Old 2011-12-06, 11:42   Link #3565
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Now, now Takky... Certainly you are not to hit on touch Lady Karice.
Oh, but I am (trying) I see no reason to refrain myself from any opportunity to know her at a more personal level. That is, should dear Karice ever grant me the permission and the utmost pleasure of such privilege.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
(Consideration will be put out only if you finally move your lazy finger and brain and procrastinate on translating any interviews long overdue, my sweet bottom son! That or flirt with err, wait, assist Yocchin in his Macross translation project, or give us a great universal bunny, or better, Kindan no Elixir perfomance live!)
Oh alright... what else do I still owe you? I remember translating some of the interviews about the triangle a long time ago, and some others... even being blackmailed into translating an entire episode over IRC!! (or was that Cheesie's doing?) Naturally, I became weary of further commitments, seeing how I have been unfairly taken advantage of :sniff:

And even an entire chapter of the manga!... ... err... or was that for Mai-Hime and one of Valkyria... memory is fuzzy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karice
@Takky, carrying out the last suggestion would be quite well received, I would think
Are you referring to the performance? That would depend if it is an exclusively private one just for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan
Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE about that...?
I think we both know the answer to that.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-12-06 at 14:53.
Old 2011-12-06, 11:46   Link #3566
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
We both know the answer to that.
Of course she is. Why, weren't we all, at that age? I remember...

Ah...

No, I don't.

What about those surfboards, eh, guys? Eh? Anyone? Bueller?

Old 2011-12-06, 13:44   Link #3567
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
That wasn't it at all.

It was the simple fact that one of the members here stated "Ranka lost and now you wanna say Frontier isn't canon at all" to me. They put words into my mouth and rolled with it. I merely defended the fact that the way Kawamori talked in the interview gave me the impression (or theory) that there are two universes to Macross and Frontier was on the non-canon side along with Zero. That was it.
I've gone back a page or two in this thread and can't find any mention of anyone writing that.

Quote:
But where people keep coming up with the fact I want to prove Frontier isn't canon to justify AruRan is a pathetic thing to say. All we want is to prove canon, right? So all I was doing is stating my theory.
I'll give you that, but be sure that your theory isn't based on misinterpretations of official sources...

Quote:
Explain to me what's wrong with that, CrowKenobi? Why is it that people feel the need to argue with a simple theory or opinion so much that they even insult or put words into people's mouths?
Perhaps it's because of how "out of left field" the theory looks compared to what they're familiar with "canon-wise." (and you do yourself disservice to your theory by throwing insults back at them)
Old 2011-12-06, 14:32   Link #3568
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
and you do yourself disservice to your theory by throwing insults back at them
I've been meaning to ask for some time... But what's the general consensus here about cursing?
I mean, I know the general guidelines of "don't be an asshole" and such, but I've been noticing an increasing amount of curse words being bandied about by several members in several threads. Is that acceptable?

Old 2011-12-06, 14:48   Link #3569
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
I realize this has nothing to do with the movie, but it does relate to this thread.

To contribute to your consensus, Beto, I see cursing (cussing/swearing) as a rich seasoning, like cloves; a little dash here and there for emphasis is tolerable, otherwise it should be avoided.
Old 2011-12-06, 15:04   Link #3570
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, I'm not prude enough to complain over the occasional fu-- or sh-- (I do speak and curse like a sailor IRL), but sometimes things do get out of hand, and it starts to annoy more than endear, specially over long walls of text.

Old 2011-12-06, 15:08   Link #3571
Tak

All I know is, I've just been told to go f*** myself, and somehow I am supposed to tolerate it.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-12-06, 15:20   Link #3572
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
If you're referring to this post, it appears only those who read it in its original state know what you're referring to. It also indicates that somebody does indeed care and has taken steps to prevent any more unpleasantries.
Old 2011-12-06, 15:27   Link #3573
Alchemist007
*Author

I've only ever seen the Frontier series and this movie, but it sounds like there's argument over what would be the canon storyline. I'm guessing this is something they like to answer in sequels? Like how Sheryl is the descendant from an earlier series' character?
Old 2011-12-06, 15:37   Link #3574
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I've only ever seen the Frontier series and this movie, but it sounds like there's argument over what would be the canon storyline. I'm guessing this is something they like to answer in sequels? Like how Sheryl is the descendant from an earlier series' character?
There isn't much of an argument than what someone is trying to convey, for canon to Macross is not difficult to comprehend, at all.

There is an outline in Kawamori's head, and that is the basis of Macross history, if you will.

From that event, Kawamori then creates a variety of shows based on it. So major events like Space War I, Protodevlin conflict, and the more recent Vajra war, are considered canon. How it is interpreted and presented to the audience is an entirely different story.

For example: Hitler died in WWII after committing suicide. In Inglorious Basterds, a movie based on the same historical event, Hitler died after being riddled with machine-gun fire. Same event, different interpretations.

Backtrack a bit, Karice had posted extensively about the subject, and the interviews are where majority consensus lay.

- Tak (Oh, and Christoph Waltz... he was awesome. One of few Austrians I actually admire)

Old 2011-12-06, 16:54   Link #3575
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I've been meaning to ask for some time... But what's the general consensus here about cursing?
I mean, I know the general guidelines of "don't be an asshole" and such, but I've been noticing an increasing amount of curse words being bandied about by several members in several threads. Is that acceptable?
We had that discussion a few months ago... as long as you don't use them against other people and too liberally, saying "fuck" isn't prohibited.
Old 2011-12-06, 18:19   Link #3576
moncikoma

I think i am the only person here..who has not watched the final movie...LOl

Dunno why...i just not mentaly ready to wwatch it yet...

Maybe because i dont want this awesome series to end....hhahaha
Old 2011-12-06, 19:05   Link #3577
teelatsuki

Quote:
Not in a row, obviously. I watched every single thing back-to-back in a marathon.
Spoiler for bla bla:

Where are the facepalms icons when you need them? I wrote there ALL IN ONE GO, "back-to-back in a marathon" as you want to put it. How did you miss that?

And thanks to this post I now know that you don't seem to grasp the meaning of either canon or tribute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
@teelatsuki

Just forget it.
[...]
Thanks for the defense though, peoples
Will do, just wanted to let that one out of my system.

Some people should just leave behind their victim complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
I think i am the only person here..who has not watched the final movie...LOl

Dunno why...i just not mentaly ready to wwatch it yet...

Maybe because i dont want this awesome series to end....hhahaha
I know that feeling, but when I heard that it was out, I just needed to see Sheryl again and then was mindblowed with all the awesomeness of the whole cast and all the action.

But yeah, not done with it yet though, I have to still watch zero and the two movies and then rewatch the series and the movies and then if I feel like it probably re watch the whole franchise again.

Hope that you get ready to watch soon I'm sure you wont regret it and hopefully you won't feel like it ended.

1.Your writing sucks.
2. Your reading sucks.
3. You have low self steem.

Next time try to argue with valid arguments, not throw a tantrum.
Old 2011-12-06, 23:40   Link #3578
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelatsuki View Post
Where are the facepalms icons when you need them? I wrote there ALL IN ONE GO, "back-to-back in a marathon" as you want to put it. How did you miss that?
You did not give off that vibe. Instead of inserting "have seen back-to-back" you only said "have seen every." So do not blame me for not understanding you meant back-to-back.

Quote:
And thanks to this post I now know that you don't seem to grasp the meaning of either canon or tribute.
25 years is a long time to give a tribute. Maybe if you hadn't created a piece for the movie/series in-between that long time. But since Macross has had multiple series since the original, a tribute doesn't count. It's called trolling (as multiple people have stated multiple times but you refuse to see). After 25 years, and multiple series beforehand, it is not a tribute, but trolling.
Old 2011-12-07, 00:38   Link #3579
Tak

Quote:
You did not give off that vibe. Instead of inserting "have seen back-to-back" you only said "have seen every." So do not blame me for not understanding you meant back-to-back.
I understood him perfectly, and I am sure others do, as well. At this point, I believe you are just picking on small technicalities (if they should even be considered as such) due to your insistence on refusing to correct an obvious fallacy. Except, as usual, it ended up unconvincing to everyone else.

Quote:
25 years is a long time to give a tribute.
25 years may be a long time, but its no reason not to pay tribute. Give us a good reason why it would be? There are many older things out there getting it.

- Tak

Old 2011-12-07, 00:45   Link #3580
Darthtabby

Quote:
25 years is a long time to give a tribute. Maybe if you hadn't created a piece for the movie/series in-between that long time. But since Macross has had multiple series since the original, a tribute doesn't count. It's called trolling (as multiple people have stated multiple times but you refuse to see). After 25 years, and multiple series beforehand, it is not a tribute, but trolling.
Are you telling me a 25th Anniversary sequel that deliberately draws upon all major previous versions of the franchise doesn't qualify as a tribute? Macross Frontier is far more of a tribute than Zero, Plus or Seven was (all of which have their own unique aspects that distinguish them from the rest of the franchise even if they have certain things in common) and I think that's okay for a series that was made for the franchise's 25th anniversary.
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song