AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-02-09, 20:45   Link #35801
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ Those are good news for me as i like "Swords & Shields" very much xD! I'll be waiting patiently for Chapter 5 xD!

I still haven't started "Medieval Belka" yet so i'll thank you for your announce, now i'll calmly wait until finishing with S&S before starting with it.

Good luck xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 21:10   Link #35802
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Well, it's post-A's, so there would obviously be no Linith or Precia. Lindy is the captain and Amy is one of the crew, but the reviewer apparently doesn't deem them important enough to mention.

Yes, though, no Yuuno or Arf.
Of course...I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 2012-02-09, 21:16   Link #35803
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Lol, this is the reason why writers should always focus only on one story and aim their best to finish it before anywhere else. Do you think I still remember how I felt when I first started TTG? Hence the crazy long break I took after my internship (I'm still writing now, but only a few hundred words at a time) even though I'm supposed to finish already at least one month ago.
Old 2012-02-09, 21:24   Link #35804
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
StrikerS 1-80

StrikerS 81

StrikerS 82

StrikerS 83

StrikerS 84

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - StrikerS Fin:

Spoiler for Comments:
Nice job managing all those perspectives.

I have to admit, Kuma knows how to end an arc.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 21:28   Link #35805
Lycodrake

Quote:
*snip*

Spoiler for Comments:
Woah...
Also, it's all coming to an end soon, huh? Whatever will you do with yourself? XP
Old 2012-02-09, 21:33   Link #35806
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
Hey everyone. Good news and bad news, depending on how you look at things.

The good news: I'm snowballing Swords and Shields to completion. Chapter 5 is a bit over halfway done and after that, probably no more than 3 chapters to go. So those of you enjoying it will get your goodies sooner.

The bad news: This means no more Medieval Belka till Swords and Shields is complete.

The silver lining: I'll be able to focus solely on Medieval Belka until its completion and I have every intention of blowing you all out of the water. =3

The other bit of bad news: For anyone awaiting the conclusion I Stand Alone: Aftermath, you will have to let your minds do the imagining. I'm dropping Aftermath and I'd appreciate it if we just let it die peacefully. I lost all sense of direction with it and I can't recapture the same feeling I had when I first wrote the prequel. I'll be taking it down from Fanfiction.net as well, so if you want to read it, you'll have to grab it soon or look up the original posts here.

Leave of Absence... has been mothballed for the time being for similar reasons as Aftermath, but not to such a degree where I'm going to drop it. It is in need of major fixing and is unfortunately going to be put on the back burner while I work on Medieval Belka and Swords and Shields.

Mode Swords and Shields coming? Good.

Wait for Leave of Absence? No problem, I just hope you don't drop it.

On dropping Aftermath... it's rare. Sure, I like it and all but I had the impression all of the chapters were the last chapter, probably because of he theme, so I actually don't mind.

Last edited by Filraen; 2012-02-09 at 22:39.
Old 2012-02-09, 21:55   Link #35807
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Quote:

The good news: I'm snowballing Swords and Shields to completion. Chapter 5 is a bit over halfway done and after that, probably no more than 3 chapters to go. So those of you enjoying it will get your goodies sooner.

The bad news: This means no more Medieval Belka till Swords and Shields is complete.

The silver lining: I'll be able to focus solely on Medieval Belka until its completion and I have every intention of blowing you all out of the water. =3

The other bit of bad news: For anyone awaiting the conclusion I Stand Alone: Aftermath, you will have to let your minds do the imagining. I'm dropping Aftermath and I'd appreciate it if we just let it die peacefully. I lost all sense of direction with it and I can't recapture the same feeling I had when I first wrote the prequel. I'll be taking it down from Fanfiction.net as well, so if you want to read it, you'll have to grab it soon or look up the original posts here.

Leave of Absence... has been mothballed for the time being for similar reasons as Aftermath, but not to such a degree where I'm going to drop it. It is in need of major fixing and is unfortunately going to be put on the back burner while I work on Medieval Belka and Swords and Shields.
This is good news since Medieval Belka really perked my interest. It's very good characterization and well written.

... Now to wait for Swords and Shields to be done first......
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 09:29   Link #35808
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Here we go, the epilogue...

Try not to scream too loudly when you read it. Fufufufufufufu...

StrikerS 1 - Fin

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - StrikerS Epilogue:

Spoiler for Comments:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 10:04   Link #35809
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
Quote:

StrikerS 1 - Fin

Spoiler for Comments:
DUN DUN DUN!!!
Old 2012-02-10, 11:32   Link #35810
Lycodrake

Well...I actually expected something like that soon, though not a part of the epilogue. Either way. *shrugs*
Old 2012-02-10, 12:51   Link #35811
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:

StrikerS 1 - Fin

Spoiler for Comments:
This I sort of expected, the whole ending was just too nice, there had to be something to balance out the sweetness, just a little bitter. I guessed the Hucklebein would be joining the scene soon enough they're not people I know a lot about so I may have to do some extra research on them. Then again maybe I should just read force.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 13:37   Link #35812
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

In its moment it will be interesting to see what Levi obtained just before vanishing from the Cradle to consider that battle still a victory for her even with all of her (known to us at the moment) plans defeated. Some kind of knowledge I think.

Well, Levi may not realize but she's in a hurry for her revenge. She has only the length of Fate's life (I completely imagine if Levi tries to accomplish an indirect revenge some time after Fate dies --let's say, Erio-- someone telling Levi her life only knew failure and missed her real chance for revenge).

Nanya, take your time in writing and pacing (don't worry on hurrying to the canon stations if you're following them). You already wrote a world of development for the 10-years timeskip between A's and StrikerS, I'm sure you can do something similar for this.
Old 2012-02-10, 17:05   Link #35813
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:

StrikerS 1 - Fin

Spoiler for Comments:
Val: Damn!

Me: What's wrong, Val?

Val: Levi.... She pulled a "Sigma" on them...

Odin: Don't worry about it... Just wait for the SSX and Vivid arc after Nanya got enough rest from this.

Me: I haven't listened(note: read the subs) of the SSX. Just some summary but this gonna be good..... We shall await your new arc, Nanya.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 21:55   Link #35814
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Personally, I'd say it's all good, considering.

I like that S/S is being prioritised, given the difference in the stages of inter-character development.

Medieval Belka has a grander scale to it, but it's definitely taking its sweet time to the extent that it's closer to an original fiction in which that you're not even so much relying on the reader's existing familiarity to Nanoha.

As for Aftermath, fun as it was... it was definitely a story piece that was difficult to go further. I was surprised you actually made Aftermath in the first place, given that the building block of ISA. 'I Stand Alone' was a good one-shot as it was.

Even if ISA:A went through, I would've envisioned Aftermath to be somewhat like REAL : Version Yuuno anyway. ( a manga about wheelchair basketball, but deals a lot with the issues that ISA brought up. )

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 22:57   Link #35815
Nagumo
Random Translator

I had been working on this snippet for a little while, it's basically was going to be 'The Adventures of Numbers in Prison!'

Basically small snippets of the perspective of Uno, Tre, Quattro and Sette as they navigate the bizarre world of incarceration Midchilda style.

The first one I had created is basically Tre and her struggles to plan an escape from prison, as well as the fact that she was relatively naive and unprepared for life amongst hardened criminal.

For all intents and purposes, she was activated on 0055 and basically hung around the Doctor and her sisters. 0075 she's basically twenty years old with rather limited social skills and life experiences.

Potentially titled 'Just Another Wednesday'

Spoiler for Work In Progress:
Old 2012-02-12, 01:40   Link #35816
Sunder the Gold

I wonder if Jail ever experience enough of a fatherly moment to tell Tre and Uno to give up on him and accept rehabilitation, and if they continue to show loyalty rebelliously.

Otherwise, he's something of a dick for not cutting them free from that crap.

At least Sette is probably kept in better company -- with regular visits with a therapist. Good grief, I don't want to imagine her growing up in Tre's conditions.

@Old Iron:

More Swords and Shields! More Swords and Shields!

@ Nanya

I see what you did there.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 01:43   Link #35817
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He probably has, or would if he was given the chance. He's fine with the other cyborgs accepting rehabilitation, after all.

Sadly, the only thing that kept Sette in prison was loyalty to Tre in the first place. Something on the Nanoha development really hated Sette, with how badly she got shafted...
Old 2012-02-12, 02:26   Link #35818
Justin_Brett

I thought it had a bit too much swearing just for the sake of swearing. I get that it's prison, but still.

And I didn't quite understand exactly what Renault was using Tre for, but maybe I'm just dumb.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 09:43   Link #35819
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I thought it had a bit too much swearing just for the sake of swearing. I get that it's prison, but still.

And I didn't quite understand exactly what Renault was using Tre for, but maybe I'm just dumb.
I was thinking of emphasizing that the two had a partnership going on and that they generally look out for each other. In prison, you're going to be stuck with people you otherwise would never associate with and have to deal with it somehow. I don't think most of the Numbers would be capable of just ignoring other people and surviving without socialization...

Well other than Sette.

I was thinking of having Sette going through 'art therapy' and sending her paintings to her sisters. Whereupon the other sisters attempt to make some constructive criticism/try to figure out what was painted

As for the swearing, I actually thought I toned it down from the reality. My time with (note: not 'in', I mean with) the juvenile system of incarceration taught me that 'fuck' is a very very common word to be used in every single sentence possible back in 1997 or at least amongst adolescent prisoners. Personal experience somewhat colors my perspective. That and conversations are highly prized if only because they're not dictated by rules. People like talking, they can say whatever the hell they want since they can't do whatever the hell they want.

Last edited by Nagumo; 2012-02-12 at 09:55. Reason: No i wasn't imprisoned
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 13:36   Link #35820
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
I was thinking of having Sette going through 'art therapy' and sending her paintings to her sisters. Whereupon the other sisters attempt to make some constructive criticism/try to figure out what was painted.
Do iiiiiiit.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha