AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-29, 18:52   Link #741
Natsu-Sama

Winged_Memories: That theory, i have read it, it can be possible it's correct or not, but i also have to count the person who wrote it, i have read many of her/his post, and to be honest even if you are blind, you can notice those post come from a fangirl, that person is always pro kagura and anti Amata.

Those theories that person always writes are in favor to bring Mikono and kagura together.

Last edited by Natsu-Sama; 2012-05-29 at 19:04. Reason: Misspelled word
Old 2012-05-29, 22:50   Link #742
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
~snip
Except Mykage isn't Touma. In fact Fudo is alluding that the one at fault/credited for Apollinius and Celiane meeting is Otoha!

Spoiler:

Also note the new registry calls Amata's attack Wings of Glory. Part 2 of the OVA. Then that means the other half Wings of Betrayal could be Kagura.

But we saw both Otoha die... We saw Otoha killed by Silvia so she's definitely dead. OVA supposedly exploded with her Cherubim... Or did she?
Spoiler:

How did Mykage know that?

OVA universe Otoha lost her Touma due to a Mugen Punch. So she wants a Touma which is inside Aquarion.
Old 2012-05-29, 23:13   Link #743
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Oh, I like the Otoha=Mykage theory. I like it a lot. Assuming a reason can be found for her being alive, it does give her a strong motivation to get a Toma from inside Aquarion.

It might also explain why Mykage looks like Toma: if Mykage isn't some sort of reincarnation, then Otoha could have picked that appearance on purpose. Mykage pretty much had to be someone from 24,000 years ago, but he couldn't be Toma, because he didn't know things that Toma should have known.

Mykage does say in the preview for the next ep that what he hates most is "Lies and betrayal...and that man". Who's a big ol' traitor? Apollonius.

And it explains why Mykage seems a little sympathetic to Zessica. Otoha probably thinks she did everything for Toma, but that he still loved that traitor Apollonius more than her no matter what. She would see a parallel between her and Zessica. This would actually explain why the plot has been treating Zessica this way, dragging out her angst and devotion without letting her get over it. Because if she did get over it, it wouldn't be possible to compare her and Otoha. This would actually be a satisfactory reason for the writers' actions.

Yes, finally! A real reason why Zessica had to angst and act selflessly on Amata's behalf. Something which gives Zessica a good reason to be there in the plot.
Old 2012-05-29, 23:41   Link #744
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Except Mykage isn't Touma. In fact Fudo is alluding that the one at fault/credited for Apollinius and Celiane meeting is Otoha!

Spoiler:

Also note the new registry calls Amata's attack Wings of Glory. Part 2 of the OVA. Then that means the other half Wings of Betrayal could be Kagura.

But we saw both Otoha die... We saw Otoha killed by Silvia so she's definitely dead. OVA supposedly exploded with her Cherubim... Or did she?
Spoiler:

How did Mykage know that?

OVA universe Otoha lost her Touma due to a Mugen Punch. So she wants a Touma which is inside Aquarion.
I apply to this theory, I've been thinking that he may have been Otoha for a long time, since as you've said Mykage doesn't know things that Toma would have known, all of them. Not to forget the fact that in both the OVA and the tv series Toma came to terms with his one-sided love towards Apollonius.

I keep thinking that Toma's behavior would have and did go about trying to awaken Aquarion differently, they just provided situations to make the characters grow, but besides that he wouldn't directly interfere like Mykage is right now so early in the game.
Old 2012-05-30, 01:02   Link #745
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
And it explains why Mykage seems a little sympathetic to Zessica. Otoha probably thinks she did everything for Toma, but that he still loved that traitor Apollonius more than her no matter what. She would see a parallel between her and Zessica. This would actually explain why the plot has been treating Zessica this way, dragging out her angst and devotion without letting her get over it. Because if she did get over it, it wouldn't be possible to compare her and Otoha. This would actually be a satisfactory reason for the writers' actions.
While I like the theory, I question what the point is of having two Otoha-like characters. If we wanted spurred but devoted lover, then Otoha/Mykage already fills the quota. What's the point of doing the same exact thing with Zessica? They cannot really change change course on Zessica anymore either, she's a cast die already and her number's been set. Trying to suddenly make her *ooop, time to move on* (such as to then build an aesop on contrast) after all the trials and tribulations she's been through to confirm and reconfirm her love seems, well, it seems silly. (Unless they really surprise me, I'm just going to err on the side of: they put too much emphasis on Zessica for the sake of drama and ended up writing themselves into a corner on her character.)

Touma must be lonely, though.
Old 2012-05-30, 01:30   Link #746
kuromitsu

I have a hard time believing Mykage is a reincarnation, simply because I see no way how he could've been born after the end of Genesis. I don't remember if it's ever made 100% clear how Angels reproduce, but the facts that after 12000 ys their numbers dwindled down to 9, that Futaba was treasured as the last child of Altair Atlandia, that they couldn't produce any more children, plus Touma's plan about pollinating the Tree of Life point toward the Tree of Life being essential to new Angels being born. And well, stuff happened to the Tree.

Also, as for him being an Otoha who didn't die, well, as androgynous as Angels can be, Mykage has a very male voice and doesn't look like Otoha at all, more like a very fabulous Touma (even has the wings in the right place, the purple eyes, the overall coloring, etc). Even their powers are different: Otoha had a voice-based power, Mykage has his flowers. Unless she has the ability to completely change her appearance and voice plus her power, there's no way Mykage is Otoha. Besides, Otoha simply wasn't main chara enough ^^;; while Touma was the only one aside of Silvia and Apollo to be shown in the flashback.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-30 at 01:48.
Old 2012-05-30, 01:56   Link #747
crayven

About Touma, Mikono being Sylvia recognized him from somewhere while Zessica only said "That man.." which is quite ambiguous. May be she has seen ghosts that look like him in the past which makes her freak out everytime ghosts are mentioned?

The Newtype magazine from last month says that her heart should be exposed soon. I guess we'll find out everything this Sunday.
Old 2012-05-30, 02:19   Link #748
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
The Newtype magazine from last month says that her heart should be exposed soon. I guess we'll find out everything this Sunday.
What's left to expose?
Old 2012-05-30, 02:24   Link #749
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I have a hard time believing Mykage is a reincarnation, simply because I see no way how he could've been born after the end of Genesis. I don't remember if it's ever made 100% clear how Angels reproduce, but the facts that after 12000 ys their numbers dwindled down to 9, that Futaba was treasured as the last child of Altair Atlandia, that they couldn't produce any more children, plus Touma's plan about pollinating the Tree of Life point toward the Tree of Life being essential to new Angels being born. And well, stuff happened to the Tree.

Also, as for him being an Otoha who didn't die, well, as androgynous as Angels can be, Mykage has a very male voice and doesn't look like Otoha at all, more like a very fabulous Touma (even has the wings in the right place, the purple eyes, the overall coloring, etc). Even their powers are different: Otoha had a voice-based power, Mykage has his flowers. Unless she has the ability to completely change her appearance and voice plus her power, there's no way Mykage is Otoha. Besides, Otoha simply wasn't main chara enough ^^;; while Touma was the only one aside of Silvia and Apollo to be shown in the flashback.
Pretty sure they are born from the tree of life in a specific ceremony. Apollonius's betrayal ruined the ceremony so they couldn't hold it.

Don't forget the curse of Altair. Otoha could've done it to change herself in the memory of Toma and it had the side effect of affecting the whole planet as a result. It suited Mikage's plans though so he didn't change anything after it was found out.
Old 2012-05-30, 02:37   Link #750
crayven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
What's left to expose?
I honestly have no idea. Surely it can't be her unusually strong one-sided love because we've known this already. It can't be right.
Spoiler for NT:
Old 2012-05-30, 03:30   Link #751
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Pretty sure they are born from the tree of life in a specific ceremony. Apollonius's betrayal ruined the ceremony so they couldn't hold it.

Don't forget the curse of Altair. Otoha could've done it to change herself in the memory of Toma and it had the side effect of affecting the whole planet as a result. It suited Mikage's plans though so he didn't change anything after it was found out.
OVA Touma was changing to a female as his Cherubim was absorbing Aquarion's light conceiving what he calls a god. It died as something went wrong.

Spoiler:

So it is plausible that Otoha can change her sex.
Old 2012-05-30, 04:25   Link #752
Zuul

Time for speculation. I already had a theory of the sort before.

Fact :
Legit spoilers telling 'there is a twist concerning who is Sylvia
Legits report about the writting staff putting emphasy on body/soul/heart playing independant parts in the reincarnation process.
There is this fragments of Eve song in the OST

So basically :

There is no way Mikono is not Sylvia. So the only twist I can see is a split reincarnation. Why ? I don't know.
The split follows the soul/body/heart pattern.

So Mikono is the body. the one physically attracted to Kagura, who apparently cannot commit, who has Sylvia's smell. That's also why Amata/Kagura identifies her at their soulmate immediatelly, and also why their 'love' appears as shallow. She gets Sylvia's connecting ability.

Zessica the heart. That's why her love is pure and she suffers from it, while Mikono stays stoic in that romance mess. She gets Sylvia's telekinetic ability.

Alicia is the soul. She has to be important, and we know Amata sort of see her in Mikono.She gets Sylvia's wing, which Amata inherited from her.

My precedent theory was the same except I believed Mikono was the heart. I think Mayumi did come with the fact Mikono would be the body and Zessica the heart and she was probably right while I was wrong.
My error was based on the fact I was expecting Mikono to be in love and the fact she inherited the people orientated power, while Zessica had the violent one.
Old 2012-05-30, 04:50   Link #753
kuromitsu

Quote:
Yeah, I remembered something like that, too, but my memory is quite fuzzy on these details. But the important thing is, they can't produce offspring on their own.

Quote:
Well, whatever caused Altair's curse there's a good chance that Mykage is behind it. And there must be a twist with Mykage - for one, he's too obviously a Touma clone to actually be Touma (plus Touma sort of died, unless he decided to hibernate, or in the last moment he said "screw you guys, I'm going home" and opened a dimension gate within Aquarion), and two, there must be a reason for showing Mykage being the most effeminate he's ever been during Izumo's speech about Altair's curse (I think it was then, but anyway it was in that context). And given that Mykage is the key to the entire story, it must be something really big.

My problem with the Otoha theory is that it doesn't pack any punches whatsoever, especially for those who haven't seen Genesis. ^^;; Otoha wasn't an important character, and well, just think about it - you're new to this whole Aquarion thing, and the main villain's big reveal is "Haha, surprise! I'm the ex-lover of the guy you've seen for two seconds in a flashback! If you want to know more watch the previous series!" It would be quite a letdown.

(And before we forget, Otoha was, in fact, Touma's lover. She knew he didn't particularly love her and that he was still carrying a torch for Apollonius, but still they were lovers. Touma kissed her and stuff.)
Old 2012-05-30, 05:04   Link #754
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
If Mykage is Otoha and Zessica is Touma (and Mykage/Otoha knows this) that would basically explain why Mykage treats Zessica very differently than how he does the rest of the cast...

"Now, my dearest Touma, you know how you made me feel by always loving that man more than you did me..."

I'm just throwing that out there, as this is a case where two different speculations would fit rather nicely together, imo...
Old 2012-05-30, 07:49   Link #755
mayumi

But nothing changes even if Zessica is Touma. Fate did not change at all. the destined lovers will still either still love each other and get together or separate.
Zessica if Touma actually showed the purest form of her love but gets rejected for a girl who does nothing. How do you break this crappy cycle?
Old 2012-05-30, 08:11   Link #756
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
But nothing changes even if Zessica is Touma. Fate did not change at all. the destined lovers will still either still love each other and get together or separate.
Zessica if Touma actually showed the purest form of her love but gets rejected for a girl who does nothing. How do you break this crappy cycle?
It would be cruel to have Toma reincarnated as Zessica, the dude being doomed to be the suffering loser in all of his lifes.

It's too depressing.

In Aquarion not doing anything is the most efficient method to have everything goes as you want. just look at Zen.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:36   Link #757
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Don't forget that Mykage also told Zessica: "we are not/never the chosen one/s"...something about what he said to Zesscia makes me think of Celiane and Sylvia because Celiane also said "I can never reach them or be on the same level as them" (not a direct quote from Sousei No Aquarion but you get what I mean?) and Sylvia pretty much couldn't get between Touma, Apollo and Sirius when they were fighting each other in the Tree of Life.
Old 2012-05-30, 10:26   Link #758
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
Don't forget that Mykage also told Zessica: "we are not/never the chosen one/s"...something about what he said to Zesscia makes me think of Celiane and Sylvia because Celiane also said "I can never reach them or be on the same level as them" (not a direct quote from Sousei No Aquarion but you get what I mean?) and Sylvia pretty much couldn't get between Touma, Apollo and Sirius when they were fighting each other in the Tree of Life.
They'd really be pulling that out of their asses. All of the overlapping imagery between Sylvia and Mikono, Kagura's lone memory of her smell, you can't just brush these things aside at this point. And they've made done a cracker-jack good job of making sure that any connection Zessica might have had to reincarnations was just Mykage trolling from the troll express. At this point, the only tie to the main cast that Zessica has is (1.) her sudden role as the chosen element, and (2.) her pure rabu for Amata. Turning into a reincarnation either cheapens the latter or makes it all the more lulzy (change her into Touma? So... Touma, no matter what he does, can just never catch a break). (It also doesn't make a lick of sense (if we were to split her into Celianne or something) as to how or why Kagura would have never noticed her, its his only memory and its a damn strong one.) Our only options are: semi-plot-holish revelation that she's some aspect of Sylvia, or just another pity card of her being the ever dedicated but hopeless Touma, and either one would just cheapen what amounts to this show's longest running developed romance (which is kinda silly when you think about it) (and before you bite my head off, I mean that is the only relationship (of the main cast, Andy and MIX, Jin and Yunoha have this too), that starts from a flat zero and grows; the other side of the coin is very much a love at first sight and a love at first whiff ).

It seems evident that the reincarnations were meant to be whole this time around but Mykage trolled Amata/Apollonius and split him back into two. While Celianne merged back together and stayed whole, the light and dark side of her soul becoming one whole (as this episode ever so kindly illustrated with its ying-yang). Mikono overlapping them, all of them meeting in fated encounters, just all follows the same route. The only question mark left floating around is why Mikono has always reacted much more strongly to Kagura than to Amata especially when Kagura is, as everyone treats him, a fragment and a tool that Mykage doesn't care about aside from getting his prize.

Its just this, fighting fate was either a silly attempt at an aesop that's failing hilariously, or they tossed it out as a theme when it stopped being convenient to the characters and their motivations. (Something like: Ooh, this makes Amata look cool! He's going to fight fate! and then later: Oooh! Amata's not really fighting fate its more like Kagura is fighting fate, so let's get rid of this and change it to something out of Pocahontas!) Ultimately, the shattered soul will merge and complete Apollonius, light and dark, will meet complete Celianne, light and dark...

On Sliding Scale of Fate vs. Free Will, it seems we end up somewhere between Fighting Fate is Hard and Because Destiny Says So. Its more on the former than the latter but there's certainly no averting the standard fate as intended.
Old 2012-05-30, 10:32   Link #759
miketyson

Zessica's role in the story is probably just to be the stick holding up the triangle part of all those "triangle crosses" we see EVOL. Sad but true.

I can even picture the flashing insert shot making this explicit, too. Sigh.
Old 2012-05-30, 10:39   Link #760
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
The writers changed that to Amata fighting fate, look at his hypocritical speach in episode 22. I don't think they ever wanted Zessica to win just Amata who must beat himself so that he can fight fate that says he's destined to be with his fated lover which he wants anyway. Kagura and him fighting is like him slapping himself than yelling at himself to stop and that they aren't the same person even though they are before slapping himself again.

It's confusing but don't try and rationalize what they've been handling things lately, it'll make things a lot easier to digest.
Closed Thread