Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-16, 14:06   Link #841
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

my fave moment in ep 11:

"Oh Its on now MotherF*cker"

god i love that part i re watched it 10 times because its was too epic >_<

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-09-16 at 21:33. Reason: Please don't mention sub-groups for a licensed show...
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 09:29   Link #842
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
my fave moment in ep 11:

"Oh Its on now MotherF*cker"

god i love that part i re watched it 10 times because its was too epic >_<
I know right! sword in one hand, bitch in the other, riding a super bike while saving the the mother fucking day!
Old 2012-09-18, 21:57   Link #843
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Myuu stated an interesting bit about a champion hero.

A Demon Lord/Overlord has to acknowledge them first as a worthy opponent.

How does that apply to the members of Cocoon? Did all of them fight a Demon Lord and got acknowledgment? One is depressed thinking he is not a hero.
Well it might just be something from their world since we really have no idea what the members of COCOON did to become heroes in the worlds they were sent to, we just know that the group is made up of people who became heroes.

The one depressed about not being a hero do you mean the one that commented about Akatsuki's prophecy declaring him the "True Hero" and him wondering what that makes them?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 02:42   Link #844
Dark Wing

Now that I think about wouldn't Myuu or rather her father fall under this trope?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ilHasLovedOnes
Old 2012-09-19, 04:50   Link #845
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Now that I think about wouldn't Myuu or rather her father fall under this trope?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ilHasLovedOnes
I don't know, depends on whether or not you think the demons are evil. Just based on Myuu and her father they don't seem like that bad of people but then we really don't know anything about Akatsuki's adventure in that other world. The only race we've seen anything of is the humans there and other than Listy's group, they seem to be assholes.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 10:01   Link #846
Xaturas

^^
Like in most animes, bad guys are good guys, good guys are bad guys, or there is a lot of shades of gray.
Old 2012-09-19, 10:08   Link #847
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
^^
Like in most animes, bad guys are good guys, good guys are bad guys, or there is a lot of shades of gray.
The fact that you say that's true of "most animes" actually makes me happy..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 23:17   Link #848
n0m@n
C-Z

Now since the last episode ended,

Spoiler for ..:
Old 2012-09-20, 23:26   Link #849
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Now since the last episode ended,

Spoiler for ..:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-20, 23:39   Link #850
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Spoiler:
Yup. Well, thats when it gets more interesting.
Old 2012-09-21, 06:48   Link #851
marconii2002

I saw raw. Nothing is confirmed, this is only open ending. Season 2 mayby will be maybe not.
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 06:54   Link #852
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
I saw raw. Nothing is confirmed, this is only open ending. Season 2 mayby will be maybe not.
I'll be optimistic.. a MC like this is quite rare... Cool, teaser and godlike... and a lead form the other harem MC.. he's smart!!!!

He owns every villain ( esp females) he encounters even Queen's Blade's!!!!

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-09-21 at 07:04.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 06:58   Link #853
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I'll be optimistic.. a MC like this is quite rare... Cool, teaser and godlike.. he owns every villain ( esp females) he encounters!!!!
i agree with genji and thats the whole point we dont have many good Harem MCs nowadays
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 09:32   Link #854
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Yuusha 12 - And Away We Go:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 12:58   Link #855
tsunade666

Just finished episode 12.
Spoiler:

and it ended there -_- so frustrating way to end it. So darn bad way to end!!!!!!
Old 2012-09-21, 13:51   Link #856
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for Yuusha 12 - And Away We Go:
I don't know about you but the standard "hardships" a normal shounen protagonist faces is also really boring because it always comes in the form of ultimate despair for failing to protect someone > someone slap sense into him > hero picks himself up, hardens his resolve, learns new power > wins. I don't see how this is not boring either. Also

Spoiler for minor LN spoiler:

Also because the point of this story, as the author states, is about what happens when a RPG hero returns home with his level maxed out and having already lived through the pain of growth then defeating the mahou and saving the world once, thus there's really no point in doing the whole "he failed and needed to be helped and grow" cliche development you see all too much in shounen shows because it's already past that stage of the story - Akatsuki - as a true hero who has completed his quest once - already KNOWS what it is like to not have enough power or the resolve to do something leading to many deaths and lost of something important to him, thus he already sworn that he would never give up (like any good hero in any other shounen shows after their initial defeat they face), there's no point in doing it again because that "weakness" and growth phase is already plugged. In fact if he has to go through such a phase again it would be quite a stupid thing - a fully grown hero whom already knows not to give up even in the most despair of times and having to make him learn his lesson again surely cannot lead to good writing....
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 13:56   Link #857
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I don't know about you but the standard "hardships" a normal shounen protagonist faces is also really boring because it always comes in the form of ultimate despair for failing to protect someone > someone slap sense into him > hero picks himself up, hardens his resolve, learns new power > wins. I don't see how this is not boring either.
I'd rather experience highs and lows, making the victory felt like it came from somewhere, than the effortless, barely-lets-the-other-characters-do-anything style that was seen here. It has a greater emotional resonance with me.
Old 2012-09-21, 14:02   Link #858
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I'd rather experience highs and lows, making the victory felt like it came from somewhere, than the effortless, barely-lets-the-other-characters-do-anything style that was seen here. It has a greater emotional resonance with me.
Then different stroke for different folks and this show isn't for you. Personally I'm way more sick of the standard highs-and-lows you see in anime because as I stated it's always using the same template of losing someone important > slop around until someone slaps sense into him > learn new power and win. Having seeing this type of development so much such that it has lost any emotional resonance with me.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 14:15   Link #859
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Then different stroke for different folks and this show isn't for you.
Like I said, I usually like what most of the show is trying to do. The premise is interesting, most of the characters are likable, the magic system is fun to watch in action. The majority of the show's ideas were pulled off well enough. It's just that one element that doesn't sit right with me.
Old 2012-09-21, 16:07   Link #860
Newhope

I liked it, a boss main character rather than the usual pussies/weaklings you get in this sort of anime is refreshing.

Definitely my favorite show this season my only compliant would be taking so long to get to any real story progression.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, shounen